Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ROUND FOUR - bring it on 16:57 - Jan 7 with 9241 viewsDaveDave

Great result from the lads today.

Plenty of North West teams still in the draw, so who do you want us to play in the Fourth Round?

UP THE DALE

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 17:03 - Jan 7 with 5184 viewspioneer

accy at home....lets keep accruing the prize money and progress.
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 17:06 - Jan 7 with 5133 viewsDiddyDave

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 17:03 - Jan 7 by pioneer

Exactly mate!!
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 17:08 - Jan 7 with 5097 viewsFondles

Newcastle away
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 17:09 - Jan 7 with 5074 viewspioneer

already banked over 100k in prize money so far with another 90k on offer for round four win

kerching!
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 17:13 - Jan 7 with 5016 viewssweetcorn

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 17:03 - Jan 7 by pioneer

Why on earth would we want accrington? Theres no guarantee of victory and even if we won the reward isnt worth the risk.

United away, guaranteed tv money and half of at least 60,000 gate.

But i mean, yeah that 90k prize money though..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 17:13 - Jan 7 with 5015 viewsrichfoad32

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 17:08 - Jan 7 by Fondles

Newcastle away

With you on this one, only for the purely selfish reason that I'll be in Scotland for the 4th round weekend and it's one of the only grounds I could reach....Plus a nice little payday for the club of course.
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 17:16 - Jan 7 with 4965 viewssandy_dale

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 17:13 - Jan 7 by sweetcorn

Why on earth would we want accrington? Theres no guarantee of victory and even if we won the reward isnt worth the risk.

Arsenal away. It's the money tie in the fa cup
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 17:19 - Jan 7 with 4930 viewsboromat

One of the big teams away. Be great financially but also be great experience for all of our younger players.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 17:31 - Jan 7 with 4802 viewsfrenzied

To prem side away or

Anyone else at home
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 17:31 - Jan 7 with 4801 viewspioneer

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 17:13 - Jan 7 by sweetcorn

you are not confident our current team would beat accy at home, banking prize money and moving on to cash in further against a big club in the fifth round? Sure its not certain, but a much higher probability than taking on United at OT.

Its a case of stick or twist.
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 17:39 - Jan 7 with 4707 viewssweetcorn

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 17:31 - Jan 7 by pioneer

you are not confident our current team would beat accy at home, banking prize money and moving on to cash in further against a big club in the fifth round? Sure its not certain, but a much higher probability than taking on United at OT.

Its a case of stick or twist.

I was confident of our league one side beating fc united, but guess what, we lost. Im sure bournemouth didnt expect to lose, but again they did, its the FA cup and nothing is certain.

Your post contradicts itself, you want accy for prize money, instead of a money spinning tie. I'll let you do the math of a 60,000+ gate plus tv money, but i guarantee it's at least 5 times the amount of 90k.

We're not gonna win the cup, so who cares whether its the 3rd, 4th or 5th round as long as its via a tie which we have made serious money from.

Also more chance of getting united in the round after, says who? What if liverpool and united draw each other? Thats at least one less for us to get.

No matter how you spin it there is no logic in wanting a league two side above a top premier league side.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 18:08 - Jan 7 with 4524 views1mark1

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 17:39 - Jan 7 by sweetcorn

I was confident of our league one side beating fc united, but guess what, we lost. Im sure bournemouth didnt expect to lose, but again they did, its the FA cup and nothing is certain.

Your post contradicts itself, you want accy for prize money, instead of a money spinning tie. I'll let you do the math of a 60,000+ gate plus tv money, but i guarantee it's at least 5 times the amount of 90k.

We're not gonna win the cup, so who cares whether its the 3rd, 4th or 5th round as long as its via a tie which we have made serious money from.

Also more chance of getting united in the round after, says who? What if liverpool and united draw each other? Thats at least one less for us to get.

No matter how you spin it there is no logic in wanting a league two side above a top premier league side.

I agree with you on this. There is always the chance we could lose any match, or indeed win or draw any match, home or away.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 18:11 - Jan 7 with 4499 viewsrich_dale

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 18:08 - Jan 7 by 1mark1

I agree with you on this. There is always the chance we could lose any match, or indeed win or draw any match, home or away.

Agreed - we've had 3 tricky away ties against lower opposition, we now deserve the big reward. Big team, home or away
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 18:16 - Jan 7 with 4451 viewsfitzochris

I would love a big team in the next round. I'm clear to attend that weekend too

My only fear is that TV would pick the tie up and make it an unreasonable day or time for attending supporters. I guess the 5.30pm on Saturday would be the best to hope for.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 18:25 - Jan 7 with 4364 viewsBobbyjoe

Tottenham away. Glory, Glory Alleluia! A shot at immortality. For what else did we fall in love with the game!
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 18:25 - Jan 7 with 4347 views442Dale

This scenario is easily summed up as follows:

There won't be any Dale fan who isn't saying "come on, let it be us..." if United or City come out first on Monday evening.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 18:38 - Jan 7 with 4230 viewsdingdangblue

At the end of the day we shouldn't even be in the 4th round! We dodged a massive bullet in the 94th minute at Maidstone. Funnily enough - I thought at the time with us scoring last kick of the game maybe it was our year to get a big cup story! Anyone who wants Accrington next round is clearly barmy! Sorry.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 18:41 - Jan 7 with 4205 viewsD_Alien

If we get drawn at home against any team which would guarantee a full house at Spotland, I'd like to see the club make every effort to ensure that ALL available capacity is utilised, the full 10249

That'd mean reactivating all the seats with netting drawn over them, proper ticketing and stewarding to ensure the crowd can watch the game in safety and rebutting any unreasonable requests by GMP that might reduce capacity

Watching games at all levels on tv, we see fans sitting safely right up to the front of the seating areas at pitch level and home and away fans watching the game, often in the same stand, with just a few stewards placed between them

Why can't we do that at the COA? There is no reason except the willingness to do it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 18:55 - Jan 7 with 4112 views442Dale

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 18:41 - Jan 7 by D_Alien

If we get drawn at home against any team which would guarantee a full house at Spotland, I'd like to see the club make every effort to ensure that ALL available capacity is utilised, the full 10249

That'd mean reactivating all the seats with netting drawn over them, proper ticketing and stewarding to ensure the crowd can watch the game in safety and rebutting any unreasonable requests by GMP that might reduce capacity

Watching games at all levels on tv, we see fans sitting safely right up to the front of the seating areas at pitch level and home and away fans watching the game, often in the same stand, with just a few stewards placed between them

Why can't we do that at the COA? There is no reason except the willingness to do it

Someone who sits in the stand can confirm, but aren't some of the sets at the front of the Pearl St missing entirely?

Not at all sure why all of a sudden we started putting nets over the front rows, but it has to be sorted or explained why we can't.

There's a breakdown somewhere of the current capacities in each stand, will find it when I'm home.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 18:59]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 18:59 - Jan 7 with 4077 viewsBarrafan

well you lot were easily the better side and deserve your place in the next round. Hate losing if we could have won but no complaints this game. Hope you get a biggy in the next round.
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 19:00 - Jan 7 with 4056 viewsBobbyjoe

There are at least six "seats" with no seats behind the home dug-out!
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 19:07 - Jan 7 with 3988 viewsBobbyjoe

Also there'll be more complimentary tickets than soft mick handed out in the event of a really big home tie. (Graham Barrow for one, who was in "my" seat for the Darlo game - not that I'm one to bear a grudge!!!). Better to go to Tottenham!
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 19:08 - Jan 7 with 3988 viewsClivert

Mon am: Brentford sell Scott Hogan for £15million, we bank £3million.

Mon pm: We draw Arsenal away and guarantee ourselves £1million from TV and gate receipts from the tie.

It's never gonna happen but we can dream!
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 19:09]
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 19:08 - Jan 7 with 3986 viewsD_Alien

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 18:55 - Jan 7 by 442Dale

Someone who sits in the stand can confirm, but aren't some of the sets at the front of the Pearl St missing entirely?

Not at all sure why all of a sudden we started putting nets over the front rows, but it has to be sorted or explained why we can't.

There's a breakdown somewhere of the current capacities in each stand, will find it when I'm home.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 18:59]

I'd appreciate that

It's just about maximising the revenue and potential within the ground when the opportunity of putting ourselves in the shop window arises

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 19:17 - Jan 7 with 3917 viewsboromat

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 19:08 - Jan 7 by Clivert

Mon am: Brentford sell Scott Hogan for £15million, we bank £3million.

Mon pm: We draw Arsenal away and guarantee ourselves £1million from TV and gate receipts from the tie.

It's never gonna happen but we can dream!
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 19:09]

That would be one hell of a way to start the week and 2017 for that matter!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024