Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ROUND FOUR - bring it on 16:57 - Jan 7 with 9372 viewsDaveDave

Great result from the lads today.

Plenty of North West teams still in the draw, so who do you want us to play in the Fourth Round?

UP THE DALE

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 19:32 - Jan 7 with 2660 viewskirbys

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 18:59 - Jan 7 by Barrafan

well you lot were easily the better side and deserve your place in the next round. Hate losing if we could have won but no complaints this game. Hope you get a biggy in the next round.

it was a proper cup tie and you lot did not disgrace yourselves. Hope you get promoted.
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 19:59 - Jan 7 with 2543 views442Dale

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 18:55 - Jan 7 by 442Dale

Someone who sits in the stand can confirm, but aren't some of the sets at the front of the Pearl St missing entirely?

Not at all sure why all of a sudden we started putting nets over the front rows, but it has to be sorted or explained why we can't.

There's a breakdown somewhere of the current capacities in each stand, will find it when I'm home.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 18:59]

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2015/03/meeting-with-the-directors-answers-to-members

<<Question 11
What is the current capacity of Spotland? Could this be broken down into capacities of each stand?

Answer 11
The capacity of Spotland is :
Total 9961
Sandy Lane 1898
Main Stand 1921
Willbutts Lane 3549
Pearl Street 2593

These numbers are subject to restrictions including such aspects as segregation areas dictated by police etc.>>

Note the date: these questions were sent in the last time we made the fourth round of the FA Cup and fans had discussed similar subjects around capacities on here. Proof indeed that posting on this messageboard can lead to information being provided via the Trust/Club.

I'll endeavour to see if we can get further answers on the queries brought up today.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 20:05 - Jan 7 with 2511 viewsKenBoon

A little part of me dies when money dominates the conversation on who we'd like in the next round. This is a supporters forum, maybe pick something on Football alone... which admittedly for me would be one of the Manc brands or a big smoke brand away, but the money plays no part.
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 20:37 - Jan 7 with 2453 viewspioneer

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 18:38 - Jan 7 by dingdangblue

At the end of the day we shouldn't even be in the 4th round! We dodged a massive bullet in the 94th minute at Maidstone. Funnily enough - I thought at the time with us scoring last kick of the game maybe it was our year to get a big cup story! Anyone who wants Accrington next round is clearly barmy! Sorry.

No not barmy, just someoine who has a different opinion to you. I know that is something that a lot of contributors on this board find difficult to accept.

I would like to maximise the chances of progressing to the next round. You appear to want to minimise that chance - top premier league team away.

Its a matter of opinion . . . get over it. And for the record I dont think you are barmy. Just someone pursuing a different goal (money over progress).

Fouth round exits are getting boring - lets see if we can go where no previous Dale team has been - the QF (or even further).
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 20:39 - Jan 7 with 2427 views442Dale

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 20:37 - Jan 7 by pioneer

No not barmy, just someoine who has a different opinion to you. I know that is something that a lot of contributors on this board find difficult to accept.

I would like to maximise the chances of progressing to the next round. You appear to want to minimise that chance - top premier league team away.

Its a matter of opinion . . . get over it. And for the record I dont think you are barmy. Just someone pursuing a different goal (money over progress).

Fouth round exits are getting boring - lets see if we can go where no previous Dale team has been - the QF (or even further).

Back to the scenario mentioned earlier, if United or City come out first would you be saying "hope it's not us"?

Because there are plenty of ties we will be saying that!

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 20:58 - Jan 7 with 2329 viewsClivert

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 20:05 - Jan 7 by KenBoon

A little part of me dies when money dominates the conversation on who we'd like in the next round. This is a supporters forum, maybe pick something on Football alone... which admittedly for me would be one of the Manc brands or a big smoke brand away, but the money plays no part.

What are your ambitions for The FA Cup at the start of every season?

I know we're good at the moment but you surely can't think that we can win the competition?
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 21:02 - Jan 7 with 2294 viewspioneer

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 20:39 - Jan 7 by 442Dale

Back to the scenario mentioned earlier, if United or City come out first would you be saying "hope it's not us"?

Because there are plenty of ties we will be saying that!

Yes . . I want to see us progress. Of course if it happened (being drawn away to prem giant) Id enjoy the ride, Id just prefer to go as far as possible in the cup and to do that you have to hope for the 'easiest' (or least difficult) draw. Dare to dream!

Did Leicester fans want to draw Real Madrid in the champions league or were they hoping for a team they are more likely to beat? Opinions probably differed (or perhaps some of them are just 'barmy')
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 21:03 - Jan 7 with 2291 viewsnordenblue

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 20:05 - Jan 7 by KenBoon

All very nostalgic and warming,but absolute nonsense....
Login to get fewer ads

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 21:11 - Jan 7 with 2238 viewspioneer

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 20:58 - Jan 7 by Clivert

I know we're good at the moment but you surely can't think that we can win the competition?

To go as far as possible . . . . . .remember 1962? Yes we made history. Of course we might have hoped to have drawn say Spurs away in the third round, but would have never made history in the way we did.

But I accept others would prefer cashing in instead.
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 21:17 - Jan 7 with 2207 views442Dale

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 21:11 - Jan 7 by pioneer

To go as far as possible . . . . . .remember 1962? Yes we made history. Of course we might have hoped to have drawn say Spurs away in the third round, but would have never made history in the way we did.

But I accept others would prefer cashing in instead.

Not about cashing in for me, I want to see us play the best teams at great grounds with the chance for a trip away if possible. Failing that, playing them off the park at Spotland.

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 21:39 - Jan 7 with 2096 viewsKenBoon

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 20:58 - Jan 7 by Clivert

Where did I suggest we could win it? I want us to create as many fan memories. Stuff that in the future we can tell stories about. I want those tales to be about what happens in Football rather than the bank account.

When I think back to the Leeds United game, I remember the age that Henderson's goal took to go in and how it was us vs Paddy Kenny for the last quarter of the game. I also remember how close that shot of theirs was in the second half at 1-0. If that had of gone in it could have been a totally different game. I don't remember the winning bonus or gate receipts and don't care to. The suits can handle that. I pay to see the Football.
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 21:43 - Jan 7 with 2076 viewsKenBoon

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 21:03 - Jan 7 by nordenblue

All very nostalgic and warming,but absolute nonsense....

I understand that you're STILL gotten to. Ten years ago i'd probably have found it funny that you're still gotten to, but quite honestly it's boring now. If you've anything of any use to say then explain why it's "absolute nonsense", otherwise just reply with another snarky comment and then I can mute you.
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 21:51 - Jan 7 with 2038 viewsTVOS1907

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 21:43 - Jan 7 by KenBoon

I understand that you're STILL gotten to. Ten years ago i'd probably have found it funny that you're still gotten to, but quite honestly it's boring now. If you've anything of any use to say then explain why it's "absolute nonsense", otherwise just reply with another snarky comment and then I can mute you.

serious question ... what does 'gotten to' mean? is it some kind of modern day lingo that's bypassed us oldies?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 21:58 - Jan 7 with 1989 viewsKenBoon

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 21:51 - Jan 7 by TVOS1907

serious question ... what does 'gotten to' mean? is it some kind of modern day lingo that's bypassed us oldies?

Nothing to do with age. It's how internet hipsters say someone is still wound-up over something. I think the youngsters say... i've no idea. I'll ask my brother.
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 22:04 - Jan 7 with 1939 viewsTVOS1907

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 21:58 - Jan 7 by KenBoon

Nothing to do with age. It's how internet hipsters say someone is still wound-up over something. I think the youngsters say... i've no idea. I'll ask my brother.

Ta!

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 22:05 - Jan 7 with 1746 viewsmikehunt

When we got to the 5th round v Crystal Palace I think the total attendance over all 5 games was something like 42 000. So would you prefer that in one hit and lose in an earlier round or the excitement of going as far as we can in the competition?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 22:06 - Jan 7 with 1743 viewsoff2div1

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 19:08 - Jan 7 by Clivert

Mon am: Brentford sell Scott Hogan for £15million, we bank £3million.

Mon pm: We draw Arsenal away and guarantee ourselves £1million from TV and gate receipts from the tie.

It's never gonna happen but we can dream!
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 19:09]

And Tuesday I win euro millions.
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 22:14 - Jan 7 with 1702 viewsKenBoon

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 22:06 - Jan 7 by off2div1

And Tuesday I win euro millions.

I think you'll find i've won it on Tuesday.
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 22:14 - Jan 7 with 1698 viewsnordenblue

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 21:43 - Jan 7 by KenBoon

It appears I'm not the only one "gotten to",your comments about the cup games having nothing to do with money are genius, to clubs our size that's their main concern,but please don't let that spoil your fairytale.....

I'd love to see you "mute" me you silly old fart,whatever in God's name thats supposed to mean....if you mean to put me on ignore then be my guest..
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 22:18]
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 22:19 - Jan 7 with 1662 viewsDiddyDave

I agree with Pioneer,the further we progress the certainty of a huge game with one of the elites is a certainty,but lets keep going,make the money when we can,while we can.
The only downside to a good cup run are the amount of postponed games there`s going to be (two already now) coupled with one or two postponed games due to bad weather and Dale could be playing twice a week for the rest of the season. Not good for a potential promotion chasing team,but here we are,what a fantastic season it`s been so far,I think the ride is wonderful!
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 22:23 - Jan 7 with 1622 viewsKenBoon

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 22:14 - Jan 7 by nordenblue

It appears I'm not the only one "gotten to",your comments about the cup games having nothing to do with money are genius, to clubs our size that's their main concern,but please don't let that spoil your fairytale.....

I'd love to see you "mute" me you silly old fart,whatever in God's name thats supposed to mean....if you mean to put me on ignore then be my guest..
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 22:18]

I've read my post again and nowhere did I say Cup games have nothing to do with money. I said I prefer money didn't dominate the discussion and instead i'd personally rather fan-fiction from a football viewpoint. I'm happy to plead guilty to being a fan and wanting those memories first. Accounts just don't do it for me. We have a good board who'll look after the club off-the-pitch. I support to watch the good and bad times on it.
ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 22:24 - Jan 7 with 1614 viewsD_Alien

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 22:19 - Jan 7 by DiddyDave

I agree with Pioneer,the further we progress the certainty of a huge game with one of the elites is a certainty,but lets keep going,make the money when we can,while we can.
The only downside to a good cup run are the amount of postponed games there`s going to be (two already now) coupled with one or two postponed games due to bad weather and Dale could be playing twice a week for the rest of the season. Not good for a potential promotion chasing team,but here we are,what a fantastic season it`s been so far,I think the ride is wonderful!

I think we've got the squad to cope. In fact, Hilly's said recently that he was enjoying playing twice a week since it gave him chance to keep everyone engaged whilst giving players a break

The next game postponed due to the cup run is AFC Wimbledon away on 28 January. That'll be a tough midweek trip when it's rearranged but as you say, it's about enjoying the ride and taking each game as it comes

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 22:26 - Jan 7 with 1601 viewsR17ALE

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 22:23 - Jan 7 by KenBoon

I've read my post again and nowhere did I say Cup games have nothing to do with money. I said I prefer money didn't dominate the discussion and instead i'd personally rather fan-fiction from a football viewpoint. I'm happy to plead guilty to being a fan and wanting those memories first. Accounts just don't do it for me. We have a good board who'll look after the club off-the-pitch. I support to watch the good and bad times on it.

"Accounts just don't do it for me."

Well they need to.

Otherwise you'd be a bucket.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 22:28 - Jan 7 with 1581 viewsTVOS1907

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 22:19 - Jan 7 by DiddyDave

"the certainty of a huge game with one of the elites is a certainty"

Not sure what that means, but we've drawn Palace and Wolves on the only two occasions we've reached round five before...

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 22:29 - Jan 7 with 1574 viewsClivert

ROUND FOUR - bring it on on 21:39 - Jan 7 by KenBoon

Where did I suggest we could win it? I want us to create as many fan memories. Stuff that in the future we can tell stories about. I want those tales to be about what happens in Football rather than the bank account.

When I think back to the Leeds United game, I remember the age that Henderson's goal took to go in and how it was us vs Paddy Kenny for the last quarter of the game. I also remember how close that shot of theirs was in the second half at 1-0. If that had of gone in it could have been a totally different game. I don't remember the winning bonus or gate receipts and don't care to. The suits can handle that. I pay to see the Football.

Keith Hill and these players deserve a big away day somewhere, see you in London before we face Arsenal!?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024