Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Left Early 16:39 - Jan 21 with 10141 viewsrochedale

If we win 5-4 I'll be gutted.

Just a bad day at the office. Be nice to see Josh in between the sticks again next week.

Up the Dale!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Left Early on 21:21 - Jan 21 with 3573 viewsSuddenLad

Left Early on 21:18 - Jan 21 by Newbury_Dale

I thought were very poor defensively today. Signing some Left back cover has to be a priority next week. And if McNulty is injured we need a centre half too. It's days like today the loss of Eastham is really felt. Pitch also looked in poor state.

Cue Tom Kennedy.............

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Left Early on 22:14 - Jan 21 with 3449 viewsrochedale

Left Early on 21:14 - Jan 21 by D_Alien

And I appreciate yours

You're right in that time will tell, and that's all we can say at the minute. If Hilly thinks he's good enough he'll play him, and a confidence-boosting run in a more settled team playing with the swagger we've seen recently is a truer test

If KH thought he was good enough, surely he'd have played more over the past 3 seasons. I think today may have been a case of 'prove me wrong Scott, show me me that I should be playing you, here's your chance.' I thought he was lacklustre, but that's just my opinion, which this board is all about, supposedly. Would love to be wrong as that game v Coventry was one of the best left back performances I have seen. Maybe in a fully firing dale team he would do better... jury still out, maybe.

Left Early on 22:30 - Jan 21 with 3388 viewsD_Alien

Left Early on 22:14 - Jan 21 by rochedale

If KH thought he was good enough, surely he'd have played more over the past 3 seasons. I think today may have been a case of 'prove me wrong Scott, show me me that I should be playing you, here's your chance.' I thought he was lacklustre, but that's just my opinion, which this board is all about, supposedly. Would love to be wrong as that game v Coventry was one of the best left back performances I have seen. Maybe in a fully firing dale team he would do better... jury still out, maybe.

Erm no...

Today absolutely wasn't about 'prove me wrong Scott'

it was about "Scott, I know you've barely had time to regain much fitness since your illness, but with the injuries to the squad you're starting - just go out and do your best, I won't be judging you too harshly under the circumstances"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Left Early on 23:12 - Jan 21 with 3313 viewsrochedale

Left Early on 22:30 - Jan 21 by D_Alien

Erm no...

it was about "Scott, I know you've barely had time to regain much fitness since your illness, but with the injuries to the squad you're starting - just go out and do your best, I won't be judging you too harshly under the circumstances"

Ah, ok, I bow down to your superior knowledge, I didn't realise he had been ill that long. Apologies.

Left Early on 01:17 - Jan 22 with 3168 viewsrochdaleriddler

Left Early on 20:29 - Jan 21 by D_Alien

Comments about not being motivated and uninterested really are utter shite

We're talking about a still young player who's playing in a makeshift team when he's barely had a full week's training

You, and others, should be bloody well ashamed of yourselves for such comments. he was basically on a hiding to nothing today, and all you can do is pile in on the lad with unfounded comments about his character? Really?

I agree wholeheartedly he was not the worst today by any stretch. Logan was dire, the whole team was missing

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Left Early on 08:47 - Jan 22 with 2969 viewsdingdangblue

Erm no...

One thing it does show us is how exceptional Bunney has been at left back. He's now missed 2 league games and we've lost them both - he's been our best attacking threat down the left as well as being positionally and defensively strong. It's a very tough role and he seemed to have got it spot on. I know it was tough on Tanser yesterday - throwing him in from out of the wilderness - and it made it even tougher having to replace our player of the season so far.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Left Early on 09:28 - Jan 22 with 2913 viewsTVOS1907

Erm no...

It would be interesting to know what illness has kept Tanser out.

He had a poor game at Gillingham and hasn't played since, although he was on the bench in both games v Chesterfield.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Left Early on 09:36 - Jan 22 with 2885 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Left Early on 09:28 - Jan 22 by TVOS1907

It would be interesting to know what illness has kept Tanser out.

He had a poor game at Gillingham and hasn't played since, although he was on the bench in both games v Chesterfield.

Virus and lingering chest infection according to KH on DP.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Login to get fewer ads

Left Early on 09:52 - Jan 22 with 2845 viewsTVOS1907

Left Early on 09:36 - Jan 22 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Cheers Ste. Surprised it hasn't been in a text interview.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Left Early on 10:48 - Jan 22 with 2763 viewsD_Alien

Left Early on 09:36 - Jan 22 by SteTsGoldenBoot

And that type of illness can have a draining effect on the metabolism for some time

He played manfully yesterday without much support from his teammates who were all up against it, and he'd clearly got nothing left in the tank at 80 minutes

I hope he's not reading the abject criticism from some on here, it really is shameful

Left Early on 11:00 - Jan 22 with 2727 viewsrochedale

Left Early on 10:48 - Jan 22 by D_Alien

And that type of illness can have a draining effect on the metabolism for some time

He played manfully yesterday without much support from his teammates who were all up against it, and he'd clearly got nothing left in the tank at 80 minutes

I hope he's not reading the abject criticism from some on here, it really is shameful

Shameful? Give it a rest will you.

Left Early on 11:17 - Jan 22 with 2682 viewsD_Alien

Left Early on 11:00 - Jan 22 by rochedale

Shameful? Give it a rest will you.

I was referring to others, who won't have the bottle to accept how it actually was yesterday, which tbf you did

Left Early on 07:22 - Jan 26 with 2163 viewsrochedale

Erm no...

"I won't be judging you to harshly," but I'm bringing in a left back just in case.

Left Early on 13:58 - Jan 26 with 1985 viewsD_Alien

Left Early on 07:22 - Jan 26 by rochedale

"I won't be judging you to harshly," but I'm bringing in a left back just in case.

I won't judge that idiotic post too harshly

Left Early on 13:13 - Jan 27 with 1755 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Left Early on 13:58 - Jan 26 by D_Alien

I won't judge that idiotic post too harshly

Not so idiotic as it turns out.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Left Early on 13:26 - Jan 27 with 2107 viewsjudd

There's far more to Tanser's omission from the team than meets the eye.

Apart from him now being a Port Vale player.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Left Early on 13:29 - Jan 27 with 2083 viewsD_Alien

Left Early on 13:13 - Jan 27 by BigDaveMyCock

Not so idiotic as it turns out.

Good luck to Scott

Hope he doesn't have idiots writing him off after one non-match fit performance at Port Vale

Left Early on 13:33 - Jan 27 with 2059 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Left Early on 13:29 - Jan 27 by D_Alien

Good luck to Scott

Hope he doesn't have idiots writing him off after one non-match fit performance at Port Vale

Who's been doing that?

By your criteria it would appear Keith Hill.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 13:35]

Left Early on 13:33 - Jan 27 with 2056 viewssweetcorn

Erm no...

Couldn't have panned out any better.

Quick question.. would you deem contract termination harsh judgement?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Left Early on 13:39 - Jan 27 with 2030 viewsD_Alien

Left Early on 13:33 - Jan 27 by sweetcorn

No. Given the way Scott's initial promise hasn't moved forward in the way he would've liked - not helped by issues off the field - then it's probably the right move for him and the club

I'll reiterate that his performance on Saturday shouldn't be the sole criteria for judging whether he's got a career in football ahead of him - Port Vale obviously think so, and that's in response to any other points made by other posters

Left Early on 13:51 - Jan 27 with 1969 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Left Early on 13:39 - Jan 27 by D_Alien

No. Given the way Scott's initial promise hasn't moved forward in the way he would've liked - not helped by issues off the field - then it's probably the right move for him and the club

I'll reiterate that his performance on Saturday shouldn't be the sole criteria for judging whether he's got a career in football ahead of him - Port Vale obviously think so, and that's in response to any other points made by other posters

Nobody has been suggesting what you write in your second paragraph??

Left Early on 13:51 - Jan 27 with 1967 views100notout

At 22, Scott needs regular football so a good move for both him and us. No doubt his career has stalled over the last 12 months (not helped by injuries). Port Vale have shown some faith in him but not too much - deal only till the end of the season. Hopefully he'll kick on from here and get a longer deal otherwise I suspect League 2 will be his level.

Good luck Scott.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Left Early on 13:54 - Jan 27 with 1948 viewsBendy

Left Early on 13:33 - Jan 27 by sweetcorn

Contract termination/cancelling is just the mechanism to allow him to join another club for free in these circumstances.

It's basically both the club and the player agreeing that neither party will pay any money to the other (although some bonuses etc are still honoured) in order to end the contract early by buying themselves out of it's obligations and so release the player registration for him to sign elsewhere. The club wins as they do not have to pay the contract up and the player wins as he can move on and continue his career.

It happens quite often when there is a club willing to take on the player and sign him immediately
Left Early on 14:05 - Jan 27 with 1901 viewsD_Alien

Left Early on 13:54 - Jan 27 by Bendy

Contract termination/cancelling is just the mechanism to allow him to join another club for free in these circumstances.

It's basically both the club and the player agreeing that neither party will pay any money to the other (although some bonuses etc are still honoured) in order to end the contract early by buying themselves out of it's obligations and so release the player registration for him to sign elsewhere. The club wins as they do not have to pay the contract up and the player wins as he can move on and continue his career.

It happens quite often when there is a club willing to take on the player and sign him immediately

Don't apply too much common sense, it flies in the face of cheap point scoring

Left Early on 14:14 - Jan 27 with 1860 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Left Early on 14:05 - Jan 27 by D_Alien

Don't apply too much common sense, it flies in the face of cheap point scoring

DAlien, on this thread you have referred to someone's posts as 'shameful' and 'idiotic'. They, on the hand, have behaved exemplary.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 14:17]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024