Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Left Early 16:39 - Jan 21 with 10142 viewsrochedale

If we win 5-4 I'll be gutted.

Just a bad day at the office. Be nice to see Josh in between the sticks again next week.

Up the Dale!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Left Early on 14:15 - Jan 27 with 1920 viewsdawlishdale

I feel slightly sorry for Tanser. He obviously has the talent to perform in L1, but for whatever reasons, his opportunities have been very limited this season, and it's no surprise that he's gone.

I prefer to remember him as a solid dependable attacking full back rather than the clearly unfit player we saw last week. It was almost unfair to play him after so long out, and the team suffered because of this decision imho.

It remains to be seen whether the two incoming players make us stronger or not.

Good luck Scott.
Left Early on 14:19 - Jan 27 with 1909 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Left Early on 14:15 - Jan 27 by dawlishdale

I feel slightly sorry for Tanser. He obviously has the talent to perform in L1, but for whatever reasons, his opportunities have been very limited this season, and it's no surprise that he's gone.

I prefer to remember him as a solid dependable attacking full back rather than the clearly unfit player we saw last week. It was almost unfair to play him after so long out, and the team suffered because of this decision imho.

It remains to be seen whether the two incoming players make us stronger or not.

Good luck Scott.

With injuries/suspensions did Hilly have a choice?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Left Early on 14:32 - Jan 27 with 1863 viewsdawlishdale

Left Early on 14:19 - Jan 27 by BigDaveMyCock

Hard to say.

If pressed, my gut feel is that Tanser was almost frozen out earlier this season, then suffered an injury/illness, and was called up when not 100% fit last week.

Sadly, for all concerned, he wasn't up to the job.

I suppose we could have gone with Cannon there instead, but I heard that he was ill/injured as well, hence his half time substitution. Someone also mentioned RNL had played full back.

Either way, coming into the team last week was probably the final straw leading to Tanser moving on.
Left Early on 14:35 - Jan 27 with 1854 viewsD_Alien

Left Early on 14:19 - Jan 27 by BigDaveMyCock

No, he didn't, but that's precisely why I was critical of those who rubbished Tanser's performance when he was clearly nowhere near match fit, and why it would've been beyond ridiculous for Hilly to make a snap judgment on Tanser based on that performance - which I don't believe he did, despite your wilful misinterpretation of what I'd posted

Those who did make snap judgments on Tanser, based on last Saturday, were being shameful and idiotic

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Left Early on 14:46 - Jan 27 with 1835 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Left Early on 14:35 - Jan 27 by D_Alien

No, he didn't, but that's precisely why I was critical of those who rubbished Tanser's performance when he was clearly nowhere near match fit, and why it would've been beyond ridiculous for Hilly to make a snap judgment on Tanser based on that performance - which I don't believe he did, despite your wilful misinterpretation of what I'd posted

Those who did make snap judgments on Tanser, based on last Saturday, were being shameful and idiotic

No, you are the one who is misrepresenting. Nobody on here has made a snap judgement on Tanser based on Saturday's performance. They are disappointed that he didn't take his chance and some surmised that he probably will not play again - they were correct as it turned out.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 14:47]

Left Early on 14:58 - Jan 27 with 1781 viewsD_Alien

Left Early on 14:46 - Jan 27 by BigDaveMyCock

No, you are the one who is misrepresenting. Nobody on here has made a snap judgement on Tanser based on Saturday's performance. They are disappointed that he didn't take his chance and some surmised that he probably will not play again - they were correct as it turned out.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 14:47]

Read rochedale's posts timed 19.43 & 20.11 on 21 Jan

I responded to his remarks that Tanser looked "uninterested" and "unmotivated" and that despite being thrown into action in a side that struggled all over the pitch after one week's training

Am I misrepresenting that?

Tanser did as well as could be expected under the circumstances, and I was simply defending what was, in effect, reflections on his character. I'd question why you feel the need to say I'm misrepresenting what is there for all to read.

Left Early on 15:33 - Jan 27 with 1715 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Left Early on 14:58 - Jan 27 by D_Alien

Read rochedale's posts timed 19.43 & 20.11 on 21 Jan

I responded to his remarks that Tanser looked "uninterested" and "unmotivated" and that despite being thrown into action in a side that struggled all over the pitch after one week's training

Am I misrepresenting that?

Tanser did as well as could be expected under the circumstances, and I was simply defending what was, in effect, reflections on his character. I'd question why you feel the need to say I'm misrepresenting what is there for all to read.

But that's different to making a snap decision isn't it? A snap decision is when somebody doesn't take into account any other factors. Rochdale doesn't do that. He surmises that his lack of opportunity over the last 18 months or so probably indicates that he was on his way out anyway, despite Saturday's performance. He appears to be correct on this.

I would also add that he wrote that Tanser 'looked' and 'appeared' to lack motivation and to be uninterested. I think we've all said similar things like, he or they don't look up for it etc. To be fair Rochdale showed good grace to admit that he may have been harsh on him given illness etc.

His post re Hilly not judging him too harshly but brining in a new left back was not idiotic. In fact he looks as though he's the nail on the head.

If we're honest I think this has more to do with your absolute obsession/desperation of appearing to be right on everything, again!!
[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 15:34]

Left Early on 16:57 - Jan 27 with 1596 viewsD_Alien

Left Early on 15:33 - Jan 27 by BigDaveMyCock

But that's different to making a snap decision isn't it? A snap decision is when somebody doesn't take into account any other factors. Rochdale doesn't do that. He surmises that his lack of opportunity over the last 18 months or so probably indicates that he was on his way out anyway, despite Saturday's performance. He appears to be correct on this.

I would also add that he wrote that Tanser 'looked' and 'appeared' to lack motivation and to be uninterested. I think we've all said similar things like, he or they don't look up for it etc. To be fair Rochdale showed good grace to admit that he may have been harsh on him given illness etc.

His post re Hilly not judging him too harshly but brining in a new left back was not idiotic. In fact he looks as though he's the nail on the head.

If we're honest I think this has more to do with your absolute obsession/desperation of appearing to be right on everything, again!!
[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 15:34]

"To be fair Rochdale (sic) showed good grace to admit that he may have been harsh on him given illness etc."

To be fair, I acknowledged that, which is why it was disappointing to see him trying to prove the original point he'd acknowledged he might've made a misjudgment on - hence my labelling it as idiotic. It's quite simple really, when you're not trying to wilfully misinterpret what I've posted.

As for "appearing to be to be right on everything, again" - I guess that's something you'd have difficulty with, given the absolute obsession/desperation you demonstrate in trying to prove me wrong on every possible occasion. What gets posted in the aftermath of a match is one thing, and can be viewed in that light - and then we move on. What you seem to have is pre-determined and unhealthy. I'll leave it at that.

[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 17:01]

Login to get fewer ads

Left Early on 17:35 - Jan 27 with 1541 viewsjudd

Poll: What is it to be then?

Left Early on 22:54 - Jan 27 with 1437 viewsjudd

Rochedale at work today

Rochedale is far more handsome in real life disclaimer not gay or owt

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024