Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury sign Beckford 18:11 - May 12 with 33902 views442Dale

Absolutely ridiculous. Any proper Bury fan should be embarrassed.

Yeah, obsessed.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bury sign Beckford on 18:34 - May 13 with 5585 viewsCanaDale

What has happened to Bury nowadays, are they just stupid, you can almost hear the buckets being rattled. The fact North End were glad to see the back of his speaks volumes. He has bounced from club to club since leaving Leeds, doesn't strike me as a team player, more an individual, should fit in nicely with the rest of the mercenaries at Gigg. He once scored against Man United, did you know.
[Post edited 13 May 2017 18:39]
Bury sign Beckford on 21:46 - May 13 with 5347 viewsRAFCBLUE

I remember when we used to sign journeymen professionals looking for one last big contract.

I'm struggling to think of anyone in Keith Hill's second spell who even comes close to being described as a journeyman.

And there is the difference between us and bury.

Beckford has managed 250 league game starts and 95 sub appearances in a twelve year career. 29 games per season which means he's missing 35% of the season.

If you can afford a luxury like that - and bury clearly can - its worth a risk. But it's a big risk for a player who has questions about him on fitness and temperament. Just ask Simon Grayson why he released him!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Bury sign Beckford on 21:56 - May 13 with 5329 viewsSuddenLad

Bury sign Beckford on 21:46 - May 13 by RAFCBLUE

I remember when we used to sign journeymen professionals looking for one last big contract.

I'm struggling to think of anyone in Keith Hill's second spell who even comes close to being described as a journeyman.

And there is the difference between us and bury.

Beckford has managed 250 league game starts and 95 sub appearances in a twelve year career. 29 games per season which means he's missing 35% of the season.

If you can afford a luxury like that - and bury clearly can - its worth a risk. But it's a big risk for a player who has questions about him on fitness and temperament. Just ask Simon Grayson why he released him!

No club at our level can truly 'afford' to have a player on that length of contract, missing such a large part of the season.

A pay-per-play contract is the only way for players with such a poor injury and disciplinary record, but I'm willing to bet Beckford isn't on a pay-as-you-play deal. Not at extravagant Bury
[Post edited 13 May 2017 22:11]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bury sign Beckford on 11:29 - May 14 with 4984 viewsRAFCBLUE

Bury sign Beckford on 21:56 - May 13 by SuddenLad

No club at our level can truly 'afford' to have a player on that length of contract, missing such a large part of the season.

A pay-per-play contract is the only way for players with such a poor injury and disciplinary record, but I'm willing to bet Beckford isn't on a pay-as-you-play deal. Not at extravagant Bury
[Post edited 13 May 2017 22:11]

The other way to look at it is if in the 65% of games he plays he scores then bury will have a player who contributes 30 goals a season.

The most recent PNE history suggest this will not be the case.

In 2014/15 he played 23 League 1 games and scored 12 league goals.
In 2015/16 he managed 10 league appearances (2 league goals) and
In 2016/17 he managed 18 league appearances (1 league goal).

Lets just say in the time at Preston he has averaged earning £6k a week - £300k a year. The means that in 2.5 years there he will have earned £750k for 51 appearances and scored 15 league goals.

The bury contract will be a decent amount of money for him and for them; but if he scores 15 goals in 2.5 years there fore a similar cost the natives will begin to be restless. They will point to him playing in the Championship

For those old enough to remember Mr Andrew Bishop, this could be another expensive part timer on full time wages!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Bury sign Beckford on 12:18 - May 14 with 4897 viewsfitzochris

They've signed Phil Edwards.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Bury sign Beckford on 13:05 - May 14 with 4797 viewsTVOS1907

Bury sign Beckford on 12:18 - May 14 by fitzochris

He'll mention "the chairman" and "the project" soon.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bury sign Beckford on 13:17 - May 14 with 4759 viewsD_Alien

Bury sign Beckford on 13:05 - May 14 by TVOS1907

He'll mention "the chairman" and "the project" soon.

As a utility player, will the chur seek to offset him against giggle utility bills?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bury sign Beckford on 15:47 - May 14 with 4541 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bury sign Beckford on 12:18 - May 14 by fitzochris

They can't be accused of sitting around ,what with Dawson also due at Stadt gigg.

What's the deal on Edwards,not another 5 year do?
Login to get fewer ads

Bury sign Beckford on 15:54 - May 14 with 4506 viewsscarrow

Bury sign Beckford on 15:47 - May 14 by Yorkshire_Dale

They can't be accused of sitting around ,what with Dawson also due at Stadt gigg.

Dawson wanted by Bradford and Wigan too so it might not be the done deal yet although wage wise I'm sure bury will try and out muscle the others

Poll: Final position

Bury sign Beckford on 20:26 - May 14 with 4310 viewsAtThePeake

Bury sign Beckford on 15:47 - May 14 by Yorkshire_Dale

Bobby Grant also been linked.

Tangled up in blue.

Bury sign Beckford on 17:43 - May 15 with 4010 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bury sign Beckford on 20:26 - May 14 by AtThePeake

Bobby Grant also been linked.

more Ex-Dale Players.........would love Bobby "winker" Grant back here,surely Fleetwood will want to hang onto him?
Bury sign Beckford on 17:45 - May 15 with 4003 viewsAtThePeake

Bury sign Beckford on 17:43 - May 15 by Yorkshire_Dale

more Ex-Dale Players.........would love Bobby "winker" Grant back here,surely Fleetwood will want to hang onto him?

Would imagine so, but have heard that Bury have made an enquiry about him.

Tangled up in blue.

Bury sign Beckford on 21:36 - May 15 with 3797 viewsAtThePeake

Mendez-Laing now...

Tangled up in blue.

Bury sign Beckford on 21:50 - May 15 with 3733 views442Dale

Bury sign Beckford on 21:36 - May 15 by AtThePeake

Mendez-Laing now...

If he or any other player wants to go somewhere where any victory will receive no recognition from proper football fans, then it's up to them.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bury sign Beckford on 22:09 - May 15 with 3656 viewsSaxonDale

Mendez-Laing now...

Please no.
Bury sign Beckford on 22:12 - May 15 with 3645 viewsdingdangblue

Mendez-Laing now...

Bugger!
I had feared this bearing in mind his past performances against bury for us. Wouldn't be surprised if they were in for Lund and Raff too.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bury sign Beckford on 22:12 - May 15 with 3643 viewsKenBoon

Mendez-Laing now...

If he did go there, he'd just turn shit like most of the other good players they sign.
Bury sign Beckford on 23:09 - May 15 with 3484 viewsShun

He can go anywhere with my blessing, but if he went there it would hurt!
Bury sign Beckford on 09:19 - May 16 with 3150 viewsParkinsGimp

Bury sign Beckford on 20:40 - May 12 by TrueDaleBlue

Oh sorry, does my opinion differ from yours?
What is not true about this statement I made then?

The fact that we wouldnt sign a horrible canute like Beckford in the first place. very poor record last season and an absolute arsetoboot. His wages will be astronomical at this level and we , thankfully , wont pay that sort of money. he's an excellent fit at bury.
Then again we sign forwards with poor records of scoring so maybe something in your comment about getting him LOL .
Bury sign Beckford on 10:15 - May 16 with 3058 viewsTVOS1907

Bury sign Beckford on 09:19 - May 16 by ParkinsGimp

The fact that we wouldnt sign a horrible canute like Beckford in the first place. very poor record last season and an absolute arsetoboot. His wages will be astronomical at this level and we , thankfully , wont pay that sort of money. he's an excellent fit at bury.
Then again we sign forwards with poor records of scoring so maybe something in your comment about getting him LOL .

And yet we still scored 71 league goals with such poor forwards playing for us.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bury sign Beckford on 10:49 - May 16 with 2997 viewsburymeinexile

Bury sign Beckford on 20:44 - May 12 by SaxonDale

Regardless of where the money is I'd find Bury's transfer policy so frustrating if I was a fan. It seems every transfer has to be a 'name' or they're not worth signing. Beckford's 33 and I'd be amazed if he scored 20+ goals this League 1 season but he'll still be on a relatively big wage. There's very little chance of him going to another club for any money in the future and for a club of ours or Bury's size that should always be a consideration when spending big wages on a player. Then again the same could be said for so many of their previous signings under Day and probably so many more in the future (ie Dawson.) I don't pretend to know where this money is coming from down at Gigg Lane or how sustainable it is however what would really frustrate me as a Bury fan is how much money has the club wasted so far on transfers like this? I don't mean to be smug but can you imagine if we had spent the money that Bury had in the last few years? I'd wager that Hilly would probably have a Championship team and recouped most of his outlay. Why sign Beckford when players like Done are younger and available. Bury's youth system has seemingly improved dramatically over the past few seasons and whoever is responsible for that deserves huge credit, but it's ridiculous that the money coming from youth players is helping fund signings who you could argue are at the club for a last big pay day.

Trust me, I feel that frustration you're describing.
Bury sign Beckford on 12:43 - May 16 with 2828 viewsaleanddale

Bury sign Beckford on 10:49 - May 16 by burymeinexile

Trust me, I feel that frustration you're describing.

TBF you are a voice of reason in what is a sorry mess that not many bury fans can see or accept.

It does look more and more like a final throw of the dice.

#lookatme

#looklook

#mememe

#milky bars
Bury sign Beckford on 13:42 - May 16 with 2718 viewsburymeinexile

Bury sign Beckford on 12:43 - May 16 by aleanddale

TBF you are a voice of reason in what is a sorry mess that not many bury fans can see or accept.

It does look more and more like a final throw of the dice.

#lookatme

#looklook

#mememe

#milky bars

Have you hacked into my blog? My very next post has the phrase 'rolling the dice' in the title!
Bury sign Beckford on 14:03 - May 16 with 2661 viewsAtThePeake

Dawson confirmed.

Tangled up in blue.

Bury sign Beckford on 14:11 - May 16 with 2618 viewsKnowlesy

Bury sign Beckford on 14:03 - May 16 by AtThePeake

Dawson confirmed.

3 year deal, Jesus. They know he's 31, right? He's a decent player at this level but he'll be on good money and 3 years is a long time at this level at that age....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024