Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Davies 20:43 - Sep 12 with 7512 viewsKnowlesy

Can we now do away with this fallacy that Davies knows where the back of the net is because I've seen him touch the ball three times today, twice it's bounced off him and the other to pass tamely into the keeper's arms from the spot. He offers nothing and is a shadow of the player from last season. Hopefully in the second half he can come off and we can have 11v11.

I'm not scapegoating him but I just don't get why anybody can think he deserves a starting place when he's been awful all season.
Davies on 21:44 - Sep 12 with 5773 viewsRAFCBLUE

He came good.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Davies on 21:44 - Sep 12 with 5755 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Waaayyyyyy

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Davies on 22:07 - Sep 12 with 5550 viewsdingdangblue

Yeah - he's rubbish!!!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Davies on 22:14 - Sep 12 with 5489 viewsKnowlesy

Haha... absolute scenes with his goal, I AM right though. He did nothing all game. Scoring from another corner doesn't make him good for the team, it's just one of those things.

Don't want anyone to think that I'm not over the moon that he's scored though because of course I am. Thought that Slew did more in his cameo though than Davies did for the first 92 minutes.
Davies on 22:15 - Sep 12 with 5449 viewsrochdaleriddler

He was poor, but he does know where the back of the net is

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Davies on 22:16 - Sep 12 with 5432 viewsD_Alien

Davies on 22:14 - Sep 12 by Knowlesy

Haha... absolute scenes with his goal, I AM right though. He did nothing all game. Scoring from another corner doesn't make him good for the team, it's just one of those things.

Don't want anyone to think that I'm not over the moon that he's scored though because of course I am. Thought that Slew did more in his cameo though than Davies did for the first 92 minutes.

I'm f*ckin speechless after that last two minutes, but i'll try and recover, and in the meantime, mumble summat about knowing how to be in the right place at the right time... YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Davies on 22:25 - Sep 12 with 5329 viewsrochdaleriddler

Davies on 22:16 - Sep 12 by D_Alien

I'm f*ckin speechless after that last two minutes, but i'll try and recover, and in the meantime, mumble summat about knowing how to be in the right place at the right time... YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scenes

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Davies on 07:29 - Sep 13 with 4870 viewsDaleFan7

We've got 5 goals and he's scored 4 of them.
Login to get fewer ads

Davies on 18:13 - Sep 13 with 4578 viewsfinberty

Has anyone / can anyone calculate Davies' goals per minutes on the pitch ratio playing for Dale?

It's got to be higher than most others.

Another thing - criticise his input if you must. The lad is clearly still not fit but hung in for 94 minutes last night. That's 94 more than some other strikers on our books.

I for one am glad he plays for Dale.
Davies on 18:50 - Sep 13 with 4510 viewsisitme

There is no doubting that he is a good player at this level. If you give him a chance, invariably he will take it. His mobility and work rate may not be as good as others but if he stays fit he will score twenty goals for us this season. Technically he is also useful. His link play and positioning are usually excellent.

I was saying to someone behind me last night that if you could morph the best parts of Andrew and Davies, you would have an excellent player, who would be playing in the Championship!
Davies on 20:04 - Sep 13 with 4395 viewssandy_dale

And replace him with the vast amount of other free scoring strikers we've got?
Davies on 20:35 - Sep 13 with 4337 viewsrochdaleriddler

Davies on 18:50 - Sep 13 by isitme

There is no doubting that he is a good player at this level. If you give him a chance, invariably he will take it. His mobility and work rate may not be as good as others but if he stays fit he will score twenty goals for us this season. Technically he is also useful. His link play and positioning are usually excellent.

I was saying to someone behind me last night that if you could morph the best parts of Andrew and Davies, you would have an excellent player, who would be playing in the Championship!

He has never stayed fit, he has had some bad injuries, that's why he plays for us and not in the championship

Davies on 20:41 - Sep 13 with 4304 viewsisitme

Davies on 20:35 - Sep 13 by rochdaleriddler

He has never stayed fit, he has had some bad injuries, that's why he plays for us and not in the championship

For me he is not quick enough to play in the Championship.

I agree about the fitness and that is why his game time needs to be managed. Andrew coming back to fitness would help with this.
Davies on 06:50 - Sep 14 with 4104 viewsaleanddale

Davies on 18:13 - Sep 13 by finberty

Has anyone / can anyone calculate Davies' goals per minutes on the pitch ratio playing for Dale?

It's got to be higher than most others.

Another thing - criticise his input if you must. The lad is clearly still not fit but hung in for 94 minutes last night. That's 94 more than some other strikers on our books.

I for one am glad he plays for Dale.

Finberty hits the nail square on the head.

I too am happy the lad plays for the Dale.

TBH Tuesday night sums recent ( amazing seasons up )

6 games no win and 1 -0 down In driving rain when the "+3" board goes up. The whole ground to be fair thought the worse and hoped for the best.

Davies tap in on 90+4 is the best I have felt at a Dale match in ages I am still buzzing now.
Davies on 07:04 - Sep 14 with 4083 viewsColDale

My theory is that Hill is trying a new technique with Davies this season.

Last season, despite all the goals, he couldn't last or wasn't allowed to last ninety minutes due to his injury record. Despite the careful handling, he was still in and out. The bigger size of Davies this year is I reckon a different way of trying to avoid injuries. I doubt very much he's just had a great Summer and come back unfit. There's always a reason behind anything under KH.

As an aside to this, I always felt Davies is at his best when he's not the main threat. As the main threat, he's easier for a defence to deal with but with main attention elsewhere, he has this ability to ghost in almost unnoticed.
Davies on 07:23 - Sep 14 with 4056 views1907

I am 100% confident than when we start to play better, so will Davies. It's a lonely, difficult job in a team doing nothing.
Davies on 08:41 - Sep 14 with 3980 viewsD_Alien

Davies on 07:04 - Sep 14 by ColDale

My theory is that Hill is trying a new technique with Davies this season.

Last season, despite all the goals, he couldn't last or wasn't allowed to last ninety minutes due to his injury record. Despite the careful handling, he was still in and out. The bigger size of Davies this year is I reckon a different way of trying to avoid injuries. I doubt very much he's just had a great Summer and come back unfit. There's always a reason behind anything under KH.

As an aside to this, I always felt Davies is at his best when he's not the main threat. As the main threat, he's easier for a defence to deal with but with main attention elsewhere, he has this ability to ghost in almost unnoticed.

And you'd have thought there's no way Davies could've been a full participant in the Tenerife training regime

He's being managed carefully out of necessity due to the absence of Calvin in particular and now Hendo, leaving limited options up front. The signing of Slew will help, but the energy injected at 90+4 will be worth any number of fitness sessions - his celebration was the fastest I've seen him move this season

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Davies on 08:41 - Sep 14 with 3979 viewsKnowlesy

I'm keen to clear up that I'm not one of these that resents it when I'm proven wrong about a criticism, I thought we were good for the first 20 minutes on Tuesday but we were awful for the rest of it and a last minute comeback like that, whilst absolutely amazing, doesn't paper over the cracks.

Obviously Davies is our top scorer, he's been in the right place a couple of times and scored a couple of penalties, but what I was trying to say is that he doesn't offer anything for the rest of the game. Maybe if we tried Hendo, Done and Williams with Done central we might be able to create a few more chances and the goals will come that way. I do like Davies and hope that he improves because he is probably our best natural finisher, and I know that Done hasn't exactly been pulling up trees but at least he chases and makes runs off the ball and looks for the ball whereas for 89 (or 93) minutes per game, Davies appears to me to not really do anything at the moment.
Davies on 11:02 - Sep 14 with 3833 viewsrochdaleriddler

Davies on 20:41 - Sep 13 by isitme

For me he is not quick enough to play in the Championship.

I agree about the fitness and that is why his game time needs to be managed. Andrew coming back to fitness would help with this.

He has played there, grant holt was slow, he played in premier league

Davies on 11:45 - Sep 14 with 3765 viewsAtThePeake

Davies on 08:41 - Sep 14 by Knowlesy

I'm keen to clear up that I'm not one of these that resents it when I'm proven wrong about a criticism, I thought we were good for the first 20 minutes on Tuesday but we were awful for the rest of it and a last minute comeback like that, whilst absolutely amazing, doesn't paper over the cracks.

Obviously Davies is our top scorer, he's been in the right place a couple of times and scored a couple of penalties, but what I was trying to say is that he doesn't offer anything for the rest of the game. Maybe if we tried Hendo, Done and Williams with Done central we might be able to create a few more chances and the goals will come that way. I do like Davies and hope that he improves because he is probably our best natural finisher, and I know that Done hasn't exactly been pulling up trees but at least he chases and makes runs off the ball and looks for the ball whereas for 89 (or 93) minutes per game, Davies appears to me to not really do anything at the moment.

In the OP it was a fallacy that he knew where the net was and in this post he's our 'best natural finisher'!

By the way he's not just our top scorer, he's our only league goalscorer so far this season.

Tangled up in blue.

Davies on 11:49 - Sep 14 with 3748 viewsChaffRAFC

Davies on 11:45 - Sep 14 by AtThePeake

In the OP it was a fallacy that he knew where the net was and in this post he's our 'best natural finisher'!

By the way he's not just our top scorer, he's our only league goalscorer so far this season.

Apart from Mark Kitching!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Davies on 11:54 - Sep 14 with 3730 viewsKnowlesy

Davies on 11:45 - Sep 14 by AtThePeake

Yep, sorry, basically I was frustrated that everybody was saying that he needs to start as he knows where the net is. It's the idea that he 'has to start' despite offering nothing else that I was frustrated with but I apologise for the mix up as I typed this in my seat at half time on my phone, my bad!

He does know where the net is if it falls to him unmarked inside the box. Unfortunately, although it might have happened a couple of times already this season, that's not enough to base an entire performance off.
Davies on 11:59 - Sep 14 with 3707 viewsAtThePeake

Davies on 11:49 - Sep 14 by ChaffRAFC

Apart from Mark Kitching!

FFS I don't know why I bother posting sometimes.

Tangled up in blue.

Davies on 13:01 - Sep 14 with 3581 viewsShun

It's an interesting one. Is it worth having a player in the team whose effect on the game is minimal on the understanding that he's (on current form at least) far more likely to score than anyone else? I'd go with yes.
Davies on 13:57 - Sep 14 with 3491 viewsdingdangblue

Davies on 11:54 - Sep 14 by Knowlesy

Yep, sorry, basically I was frustrated that everybody was saying that he needs to start as he knows where the net is. It's the idea that he 'has to start' despite offering nothing else that I was frustrated with but I apologise for the mix up as I typed this in my seat at half time on my phone, my bad!

He does know where the net is if it falls to him unmarked inside the box. Unfortunately, although it might have happened a couple of times already this season, that's not enough to base an entire performance off.

Davies also set up Rathbone's shot which led to the pen (yes I know he missed it).
He also set up Kitching's volleyed goal and obviously was in the right place to score the winner. Yes he might not have done much else but 3 occasions he was involved led to goals/goal attempts. He may just be a Matt Le Tissier type of player who doesn't contribute for 75% of a game but the 25% he does is special.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024