Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Ayew 19:11 - Dec 26 with 21033 viewsAngelRangelQS

Just f*ck off.
Jordan Ayew on 15:52 - Mar 1 with 2360 viewsmonmouth

Jordan Ayew on 14:35 - Mar 1 by swancity

Glad you like the transformation comments as his improvement has been noticeable. Watch his lack of effort at Liverpool (0-5), his disinterested body language, his zero contribution. Since then he has sprung into life with renewed effort and confidence. Hope he keeps it up.

What about the week before when he gained us a point against Palace and nearly won us the game when everyone else offensively did bugger all?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jordan Ayew on 16:41 - Mar 1 with 2285 viewsswancity

Jordan Ayew on 15:52 - Mar 1 by monmouth

What about the week before when he gained us a point against Palace and nearly won us the game when everyone else offensively did bugger all?

He had one or two moments but generally didn't look good enough to play in the Premier League. Wasn't he sub that day

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Jordan Ayew on 20:49 - Mar 1 with 2185 viewsE20Jack

Jordan Ayew on 13:56 - Mar 1 by LeonWasGod

That’s blatantly bollox, but we’ve been here before. He improved as last season went on, but he was largely ineffective and he himself said he had a relatively poor time last year. I know you won’t agree, and that’s fine.

Much better this season mind, and he is our best hope now (unless his brother can get up to speed very quickly).

Not bollox at all. I had to endure the 5-0 drubbing to Spurs and the awful display at West Ham. Leaving those grounds, he was the only positive.

Many of our fans have playgrounditis, if he scores he's playing well and if he doesn't then he isn't. Last season he and the rest of the side were horrendously stifled in that department and was noted at the time, they had to service 2 players constantly though, to the detriment of their own playground stats.

As performances go though, there is little difference between the shifts he is putting in now and those he has done ever since he joined. I have said almost since the day he signed after ever match "another MotM".

Excellent player.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Jordan Ayew on 20:53 - Mar 1 with 2177 viewsE20Jack

Jordan Ayew on 14:35 - Mar 1 by swancity

Glad you like the transformation comments as his improvement has been noticeable. Watch his lack of effort at Liverpool (0-5), his disinterested body language, his zero contribution. Since then he has sprung into life with renewed effort and confidence. Hope he keeps it up.

A transformation would indicate that someone was like that constantly and has now changed. The Liverpool game was halfway through his stint with us, the half before it being essentially equal performance wise to that after it. It was a bad game - not a transformation.

It is an easy way to try and get out if what was a host of pretty silly comments to the detriment of one of our own. It's shameful reading.

Jordan Ayew on 20:59 - Mar 1 with 2163 viewsDr_Winston

Jordan Ayew has occasionally blown hot and cold in his time here, but this thread is a prime example of the extremes football fans go to these days.

Yes, he had a bad game at Anfield but the histrionics and hyperbole on display go way beyond any sensible analysis of his performance. It's impossible for an otherwise decent player to have a bad game. He must be shit, stealing a living or some other such tedious, mind numbingly inane cliche.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jordan Ayew on 21:30 - Mar 1 with 2130 viewsE20Jack

Jordan Ayew on 20:59 - Mar 1 by Dr_Winston

Jordan Ayew has occasionally blown hot and cold in his time here, but this thread is a prime example of the extremes football fans go to these days.

Yes, he had a bad game at Anfield but the histrionics and hyperbole on display go way beyond any sensible analysis of his performance. It's impossible for an otherwise decent player to have a bad game. He must be shit, stealing a living or some other such tedious, mind numbingly inane cliche.

Everyone blows hot and cold. They aren't robots, and if they play as such then they get scooped up by the big boys.

With Ayew we have had far more warmth than frost shall we say. Culminating in consistently being our most glowingly radiant cinder as has been said almost weekly since he signed.

Jordan Ayew on 21:32 - Mar 1 with 2115 viewsdeanscfc

Well this post aged well. Very good player.
Jordan Ayew on 21:55 - Mar 1 with 2070 viewsjack247

Is dragging up old posts to make people look stupid a planet swans thing, or is it common on football forums?

A new thread praising the player would have been better (and I’ve thought he was one of our better players all season, though not as much of a talisman as he is now).
Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Ayew on 22:09 - Mar 1 with 2061 viewsnantywatcher

Jordan Ayew on 21:55 - Mar 1 by jack247

Is dragging up old posts to make people look stupid a planet swans thing, or is it common on football forums?

A new thread praising the player would have been better (and I’ve thought he was one of our better players all season, though not as much of a talisman as he is now).

I take exception to that. The OP's post was something I thought was vile and totally inappropriate at the time - I felt justified in pointing out how shameful his comment was.
Whilst on the subject of inappropriate comments - a few weeks ago I reacted to numerous comments calling Nordfelt -SH#T, by saying I thought he was more than good enough, and took some pelters from the "experts."
Voted MoM against Wednesday!!
As you are one of the posters with a football brain I'm surprised at the criticism.
Jordan Ayew on 22:17 - Mar 1 with 2045 viewsjack247

Jordan Ayew on 22:09 - Mar 1 by nantywatcher

I take exception to that. The OP's post was something I thought was vile and totally inappropriate at the time - I felt justified in pointing out how shameful his comment was.
Whilst on the subject of inappropriate comments - a few weeks ago I reacted to numerous comments calling Nordfelt -SH#T, by saying I thought he was more than good enough, and took some pelters from the "experts."
As you are one of the posters with a football brain I'm surprised at the criticism.

‘At the time’ was probably the time to put the op in his place then? Unless you think it’s more shameful now he’s on top form? Would you have dragged the thread up if his form had nosedived?

We have a couple on here who love dragging up old threads, but it’s simply because they are out of their depth trying to offer football opinions. They need the benefit of hindsight. You know your football, you aren’t in that position.

It’s not a knock at you, I’m just not a fan of it.
Jordan Ayew on 22:27 - Mar 1 with 2033 viewsjasper_T

Jordan Ayew on 22:09 - Mar 1 by nantywatcher

Sounds like those "pelters" left you with some nasty bruises. Feel better soon, petal.
Jordan Ayew on 23:08 - Mar 1 with 1994 viewsE20Jack

Jordan Ayew on 22:27 - Mar 1 by jasper_T

Sounds like those "pelters" left you with some nasty bruises. Feel better soon, petal.

They were vile comments.

''A piece of scum'' is more than the normal condemnation of a solitary performance expected from your own fans.

Hideous and rightly bumped for those with playgrounditis who have needed to see him score a few to realise how ridiculous they were.

Top bumping.

Jordan Ayew on 00:12 - Mar 2 with 1947 viewsdameedna

There have been occasions when he has cut into midfield and lost the ball sometimes after being clipped. Frustrating at times. Turned out well in the end. Lucky us.
Jordan Ayew on 06:48 - Mar 2 with 1858 viewsE20Jack

Jordan Ayew on 00:12 - Mar 2 by dameedna

There have been occasions when he has cut into midfield and lost the ball sometimes after being clipped. Frustrating at times. Turned out well in the end. Lucky us.

As all wing forwards do. Ryan Giggs' most notably. The most decorated PL player of all time.

I'm sure he will cut inside and lose the ball many more times too. Its what happens in this game. If he cut inside and never lost the ball then he would have a Barca badge on his chest and be rivaling Messi for a starting spot.

Thank God for that weakness otherwise we wouldn't have him to help us out of the hole week in week out as he is doing.

Jordan Ayew on 08:24 - Mar 2 with 1822 viewsswancity

Jordan Ayew on 06:48 - Mar 2 by E20Jack

As all wing forwards do. Ryan Giggs' most notably. The most decorated PL player of all time.

I'm sure he will cut inside and lose the ball many more times too. Its what happens in this game. If he cut inside and never lost the ball then he would have a Barca badge on his chest and be rivaling Messi for a starting spot.

Thank God for that weakness otherwise we wouldn't have him to help us out of the hole week in week out as he is doing.

Ayew was quite poor in fact until the change of Manager and with that the change in team emphasis to attack more. Ayew has responded well, looks happier and is now producing some very good performances and goals. It's fair to say prior to Carvalhal arriving, all of our attacking players were becoming isolated on the pitch with growing frustration and that was understandable.

But don't pretend he has playing well all season as that's clearly incorrect.

Jordan Ayew on 08:37 - Mar 2 with 1816 viewsShonky

Clueless man is clueless.

Its just a ride...

Jordan Ayew on 08:47 - Mar 2 with 1805 viewsMoscowJack

Whenever a team goes on a survival run, there's usually a hero who takes responsibility for almost single-handedly saving the team.

It looks like Jordan's become that man, which is completely incredible considering his performance against Liverpool.

If I was the opposition manager nowadays, I'd just focus on stopping him from getting the ball as it's hard to stop him when he's got it, such is his confidence now. Credit must go to Carlos for giving him the confidence and freedom to play to his potential because he's a completely different player now.

Key to our successful survival could be having someone else taking advantage of any space created by the 'over-marking' of Jordan and it would be wonderful irony if it was Andre who benefited against West Ham this weekend!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Jordan Ayew on 08:55 - Mar 2 with 1793 viewswhiterock

Jordan Ayew on 21:32 - Mar 1 by deanscfc

Well this post aged well. Very good player.

I’m waiting for the Clucas posts, and Naughton, and Key, and Carroll, just about everyone’s had it, Carlos has worked miracles on them all
Jordan Ayew on 08:55 - Mar 2 with 1790 viewsjack247

Jordan Ayew on 08:47 - Mar 2 by MoscowJack

Whenever a team goes on a survival run, there's usually a hero who takes responsibility for almost single-handedly saving the team.

It looks like Jordan's become that man, which is completely incredible considering his performance against Liverpool.

If I was the opposition manager nowadays, I'd just focus on stopping him from getting the ball as it's hard to stop him when he's got it, such is his confidence now. Credit must go to Carlos for giving him the confidence and freedom to play to his potential because he's a completely different player now.

Key to our successful survival could be having someone else taking advantage of any space created by the 'over-marking' of Jordan and it would be wonderful irony if it was Andre who benefited against West Ham this weekend!

Andre was superb at that last time round. Drifting in from his wing unnoticed while centre backs were concentrating on Gomis. Jordan doesn’t play anything like Gomis of course, but Andre is still very capable of exploiting gaps if defences over commit to his brother.
Jordan Ayew on 09:03 - Mar 2 with 1778 viewsDr_Winston

Jordan Ayew on 08:55 - Mar 2 by jack247

Andre was superb at that last time round. Drifting in from his wing unnoticed while centre backs were concentrating on Gomis. Jordan doesn’t play anything like Gomis of course, but Andre is still very capable of exploiting gaps if defences over commit to his brother.

Needs to be on the pitch to do that. Will be disappointed if he's on the bench again tomorrow.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jordan Ayew on 09:34 - Mar 2 with 1737 viewsShaky

Jordan Ayew on 08:24 - Mar 2 by swancity

Ayew was quite poor in fact until the change of Manager and with that the change in team emphasis to attack more. Ayew has responded well, looks happier and is now producing some very good performances and goals. It's fair to say prior to Carvalhal arriving, all of our attacking players were becoming isolated on the pitch with growing frustration and that was understandable.

Without doubt the change in manager and increased number of bodies in attack has helped him.

Under Clement he also charged around dribbling but on the rare occasion he looked up there was nobody to pass it to within 30 or 40 yards, whereas under Carlos there are usually at least 1 or 2 in support.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Jordan Ayew on 09:53 - Mar 2 with 1713 viewsE20Jack

Jordan Ayew on 08:24 - Mar 2 by swancity

By saying "in fact", unfortunately doesn't make it so.

"Playing well" is a relative term isn't it. Was he one of the best players in the league? No. Was he one of our best players? Without question. Two of his best performances came in the set of three games prior to his almost solitary bad game against Liverpool.

It is clear that many are trying to suggest him being one of our best players is a relatively new phenomenon, justifying their vile and ludicrous comments. However many have been correctly noting his superior performances most weeks since he signed in January last year.

Some are slower on the uptake.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2018 10:01]

Jordan Ayew on 09:54 - Mar 2 with 1710 viewsE20Jack

Jordan Ayew on 09:34 - Mar 2 by Shaky

Without doubt the change in manager and increased number of bodies in attack has helped him.

Under Clement he also charged around dribbling but on the rare occasion he looked up there was nobody to pass it to within 30 or 40 yards, whereas under Carlos there are usually at least 1 or 2 in support.

Well there is a rarity. We agree.

Jordan Ayew on 10:49 - Mar 2 with 1674 viewsswancity

Jordan Ayew on 09:53 - Mar 2 by E20Jack

By saying "in fact", unfortunately doesn't make it so.

"Playing well" is a relative term isn't it. Was he one of the best players in the league? No. Was he one of our best players? Without question. Two of his best performances came in the set of three games prior to his almost solitary bad game against Liverpool.

It is clear that many are trying to suggest him being one of our best players is a relatively new phenomenon, justifying their vile and ludicrous comments. However many have been correctly noting his superior performances most weeks since he signed in January last year.

Some are slower on the uptake.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2018 10:01]

Neither does repeating the same thing time and time again make it a fact

It's only your opinion. Mine is different. In my opinion you're a boring monotonous cu nt. it's only an opinion though, it might not be right so don't worry.

Jordan Ayew on 12:29 - Mar 2 with 1617 viewsSPboy

Based on this thread Jordan is clearly a bit of a Marmite option (just like his brother)

The fact that he is rightly one of the first on our teamsheet these days is a sad indictment of our recruitment over the last 3 seasons. In years gone by (Laudrup & Rodgers eras) he would have been a good bench option to run at tired defences ... and now ... our main creative & goalscoring hope for survival. Hmm
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024