Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stateside Jacks representing at Watford 17:37 - Dec 30 with 7861 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Please give Jonathan (a native Welshman) and Scott (like me, just an American with impeccable taste in football clubs) a warm welcome if y'all see them around this week.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 15:02]

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 01:42 - Dec 31 with 2007 viewsadamswan

Foreign fans making an enormous effort to come and support our team, bringing flags etc is all positive and should be welcomed with opened arms. To read the comments and see some people essentially blaming them for also being American is one of the most embarassing things I’ve seen on this forum. If those Americans who made the effort are reading this, I hope you had a better welcome in the real world, what a fantastic game you picked to come and see and I hope the rest of your stay in the U.K goes well.
Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 07:16 - Dec 31 with 1945 views34dfgdf54

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 01:42 - Dec 31 by adamswan

Foreign fans making an enormous effort to come and support our team, bringing flags etc is all positive and should be welcomed with opened arms. To read the comments and see some people essentially blaming them for also being American is one of the most embarassing things I’ve seen on this forum. If those Americans who made the effort are reading this, I hope you had a better welcome in the real world, what a fantastic game you picked to come and see and I hope the rest of your stay in the U.K goes well.

Unfortunately mate that’s planet swans for you.
Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 07:50 - Dec 31 with 1933 viewspaulv2k4

Thanks for making the effort lads. Are you going to make it to our home game Tuesday? Would be amazing to see that flag when we go on to beat Spurs in a shock victory!
Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 08:31 - Dec 31 with 1906 viewsAnotherJohn

Great effort from the US Jacks! Hope to see the flag at the Liberty one day.
Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 08:38 - Dec 31 with 1903 viewsSTID2017

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 01:00 - Dec 31 by Fireboy2

So you are saying that im in the same band as the sellouts because i mentioned to our US fans not to forget who bought the club and what their plans are?

As a matter of fact ive met a US fan at the stoke game,i asked him about the owners and he was in no doubt what his fellow country people were doing,he totally agreed as he knew what was going on

Im sorry BS but you wont get an apology from me fella as i dont think ive done anything out of order

What you have done (though on a totally less important level) is equivalent of blaming all muslims for atrocitities that Al Queda committed or blaming all Irish people for all yhe atrociities carry out by Catholic and Protestant terrorist groups.
Telling a handful of guys who have no influence or connection to our club's Yanks is the same as people telling me it's my fault because I'm from Swansea.
Why do you think the American Swans supporters are any more accepting of the Swans propoganda machine than we are ?
End of rant.
Happy New Year butt

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 08:50 - Dec 31 with 1898 viewsCrazedBison

This reaction to Americans is saddening but not altogether unexpected.

My family on both my dad and mom’s sides are from relatively near Swansea (Carmarthen and Llangyndeyrn), but I’m American. As soon as I heard about the impending takeover by “the Americans” I knew this wasn’t going to end well for American supporters predating the takeover or more importantly for the club. It didn’t take much research on these two clowns to figure out what they’re about. I can only imagine the former ownership group knew this. They just wanted to cash out before relegation and attempt to keep any status that they could. Anyways, the club was already on a downward trajectory when “the Americans” came in and they just hastened the descent.

Everyone wants someone to blame for the positon we’re in as a club. Are “the Americans” responsible for it? Yeah, they certainly f*cking are, but then again so are a lot of people not from America. Maybe, just maybe, judging and placing blame on 330 million people based on the actions of two people is a touch short sighted.

PS I’m really looking forward to my trip over for the match at St James on the 13th and Liverpool at the Liberty on the 22nd. Hopefully we can carry some momentum.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 8:54]
Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 10:06 - Dec 31 with 1828 views34dfgdf54

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 08:50 - Dec 31 by CrazedBison

My family on both my dad and mom’s sides are from relatively near Swansea (Carmarthen and Llangyndeyrn), but I’m American. As soon as I heard about the impending takeover by “the Americans” I knew this wasn’t going to end well for American supporters predating the takeover or more importantly for the club. It didn’t take much research on these two clowns to figure out what they’re about. I can only imagine the former ownership group knew this. They just wanted to cash out before relegation and attempt to keep any status that they could. Anyways, the club was already on a downward trajectory when “the Americans” came in and they just hastened the descent.

Everyone wants someone to blame for the positon we’re in as a club. Are “the Americans” responsible for it? Yeah, they certainly f*cking are, but then again so are a lot of people not from America. Maybe, just maybe, judging and placing blame on 330 million people based on the actions of two people is a touch short sighted.

PS I’m really looking forward to my trip over for the match at St James on the 13th and Liverpool at the Liberty on the 22nd. Hopefully we can carry some momentum.

On this site maybe mate, but not for the wider fan base. Here’s hoping you enjoy your trip over and we get atleast 3 points for you to celebrate.
Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 10:08 - Dec 31 with 1825 viewsDr_Winston

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 00:39 - Dec 31 by jack247

As far as I’m aware, they never pretended to be anything other than a sports hedge fund.

It was a Welshman spouting all that next level nonsense.

Get away from here with your facts.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 02:39 - Jan 1 with 1709 viewsTNT

Jon, to the left of the flag in the photo, is from Clydach. We bumped into him and his family when we went over for the 2012 US tour. We bumped in to him again yesterday, in the Oddfellows pub, before the game. He's a really good bloke, as passionate a Swans fan from the 70s / 80s as today. Too many people on here with small village mentality, who follow the crowd like sheep.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 03:15 - Jan 1 with 1697 viewsHumpty

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 08:50 - Dec 31 by CrazedBison

Well said mate.

We're not all that thick that we blame the whole population of a country for the actions of a small amount of American and Welsh people.

I hope you enjoy your trip.
Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 03:21 - Jan 1 with 1692 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 03:15 - Jan 1 by Humpty

Well said mate.

We're not all that thick that we blame the whole population of a country for the actions of a small amount of American and Welsh people.

I hope you enjoy your trip.

That’d be like blaming all the followers of a religion for the actions of a small number who claim to follow the same religion.

I mean, who the f**ck would be that stupid?

Poll: Tory leader

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 03:32 - Jan 1 with 1678 viewsHumpty

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 03:21 - Jan 1 by exiledclaseboy

That’d be like blaming all the followers of a religion for the actions of a small number who claim to follow the same religion.

Exactly.

Saying that, when it comes to Americans it depends if you voted for Trump or not. If you did you should be hung.
Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 03:33 - Jan 1 with 1676 viewsHumpty

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 03:32 - Jan 1 by Humpty

Exactly.

Saying that, when it comes to Americans it depends if you voted for Trump or not. If you did you should be hung.

I'm only joking Bison. All the best.
Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 04:14 - Jan 1 with 1655 viewsLohengrin

"There came a clamour borne of fear that sought to paralyse the people. An accommodation with darkness was sought by those who feared the darkness. The language of servility spouted from gelded tongues."

Plutarch.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 05:51 - Jan 1 with 1637 viewsCrazedBison

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 03:33 - Jan 1 by Humpty

I'm only joking Bison. All the best.

Thank you. No worries there. I most certainly am not a Trump supporter and have very thick skin.

Thing is, it seems only in America can a country call itself Democratic and the person who gets the most votes doesn’t win the election. Shame really.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but at least with Brexit more voted in support than against, right? That’s at least a real democracy, for better or worse.

Anyways, I’ll be in the UK for 2 weeks starting on the 12th, so I had better get my “but I really really don’t support Trump” speech ready.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 6:00]
Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 06:08 - Jan 1 with 1633 viewsHumpty

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 05:51 - Jan 1 by CrazedBison

Thank you. No worries there. I most certainly am not a Trump supporter and have very thick skin.

Thing is, it seems only in America can a country call itself Democratic and the person who gets the most votes doesn’t win the election. Shame really.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but at least with Brexit more voted in support than against, right? That’s at least a real democracy, for better or worse.

Anyways, I’ll be in the UK for 2 weeks starting on the 12th, so I had better get my “but I really really don’t support Trump” speech ready.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 6:00]

I was only joking mate. It's up to Americans who they vote for. None of my business really. However if they come on here and extol his virtues I may have something to say. I was honestly only joking.

I hope you enjoy yourself. It'll be nice and cheap for you as well.
Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 06:17 - Jan 1 with 1631 viewsLeonWasGod

Well said. They would have had a better welcome from our fans at the game, I'm 100% sure of that.
Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 07:04 - Jan 1 with 1624 viewsCrazedBison

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 06:08 - Jan 1 by Humpty

I was only joking mate. It's up to Americans who they vote for. None of my business really. However if they come on here and extol his virtues I may have something to say. I was honestly only joking.

I hope you enjoy yourself. It'll be nice and cheap for you as well.

I completely understand. No worries there. And I’d be joining you in rediculing anyone who was saying anything positive about Orangeface Trump.

I hope I didn’t come off as offended. I'm certainly not.

I most certainly hope to enjoy it. Thank you!

On a side note, anyone know the best pub for before the match in Newcastle on the 13th?
Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 07:22 - Jan 1 with 1618 viewsphact0rri

Good on them.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 11:58 - Jan 1 with 1516 viewsbyron

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 22:20 - Dec 30 by Kilkennyjack

Welcome lads.

Our club is for everybody.

Everyone should follow their local team, locally owned in respect to any yanks.....

Benny

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 12:19 - Jan 1 with 1496 viewslonglostjack

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 11:58 - Jan 1 by byron

Everyone should follow their local team, locally owned in respect to any yanks.....

What are you doing on this forum? I've never been on the Cardiff forum but I suppose it must be as crap as the team for you to be spending so much time on here.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 12:26 - Jan 1 with 1484 viewsTNT

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 12:19 - Jan 1 by longlostjack

What are you doing on this forum? I've never been on the Cardiff forum but I suppose it must be as crap as the team for you to be spending so much time on here.

Byron changes loyalty depending on how the teams are doing, mun. He's calling himself a Jack again, this month.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 12:28 - Jan 1 with 1480 viewslonglostjack

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 12:26 - Jan 1 by TNT

Byron changes loyalty depending on how the teams are doing, mun. He's calling himself a Jack again, this month.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 13:11 - Jan 1 with 1448 viewsadamswan

In the interest of healthy debate, the logic there is slightly flawed. Attributing blame for someone merely living in the same place as someone you disagree with is one thing, and “blaming” someone who follows the same belief system/faith is another. It’s heography versus action/belief. And no I’m not saying all Muslims should be blamed etc etc etc, just thought I would point out that these are two different things. Happy new year btw.
Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 13:30 - Jan 1 with 1427 viewsjack_lord

Stateside Jacks representing at Watford on 02:39 - Jan 1 by TNT

Jon, to the left of the flag in the photo, is from Clydach. We bumped into him and his family when we went over for the 2012 US tour. We bumped in to him again yesterday, in the Oddfellows pub, before the game. He's a really good bloke, as passionate a Swans fan from the 70s / 80s as today. Too many people on here with small village mentality, who follow the crowd like sheep.

I've known Jon since primary school and he is a big Swans fan. He also broadcast a Swans game in one of the friendlies played in the states from his phone.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024