Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Delaney 18:18 - Jan 9 with 12326 viewsSaxonDale

signs on a permanent deal.

Edit- Centre half who has also played at wing back and midfield (albeit apparently less comfortably). Hopefully he's someone who can slot in straight away.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 18:24]
Ryan Delaney on 21:07 - Jan 9 with 3649 viewsrochdaleriddler

Ryan Delaney on 20:47 - Jan 9 by D_Alien

So should KH wait until he signs one of those before signing other good prospects?

no, not at all

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Ryan Delaney on 21:10 - Jan 9 with 3625 viewsrichfoad32

Ryan Delaney on 20:41 - Jan 9 by Nigeriamark

Partly depends on the formation. If 3-5-2 I would be happy to see him tried with McGahey and Nlthe who I think is getting better as he gets more game time. That would only leave us with McNulty as cover as I assume Canavan is as good as out. It's a bit of an inexperienced back 3 but to be honest a lot of these 1 off mistakes or error from free kicks/corners have come when we have experienced players in there

What about Daniels? In the short term at least.
Ryan Delaney on 21:12 - Jan 9 with 3610 viewskiwidale

This signing is in the rabbit out of the hat category for me but to expect him to solve our deficiencies in defense is to put too much expectation on him. Reminds me of Craig Dawson when signed from Radcliffe and look how that turned out. Delaney has not played a single league game no starts or sub in any English division, his only senior appearances are with Cork city in the Irish league 30 appearances with 6 goals which suggest he has a lot of potential.... I not rubbishing the Irish league I don't know what the standard compare to England is or Scotland perhaps Fitz can enlighten.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 21:26]

This is not the time for bickering.

Ryan Delaney on 21:15 - Jan 9 with 3588 viewskiwidale

Ryan Delaney on 19:08 - Jan 9 by sweetcorn

ha ha made me laugh over my coffee

Ryan Delaney on 21:15 - Jan 9 with 3588 viewsfitzochris

I’m not sure how this can be seen as anything other than a positive signing.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Ryan Delaney on 21:21 - Jan 9 with 3549 viewskiwidale

Ryan Delaney on 21:15 - Jan 9 by fitzochris

nobody is saying its not Chris I think its a cracking signing. Hilly has given him a 2 1/2 year deal would suggest Hilly thinks so too.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 21:22]

Ryan Delaney on 21:22 - Jan 9 with 3531 viewsNigeriamark

Ryan Delaney on 21:10 - Jan 9 by richfoad32

What about Daniels? In the short term at least.

I'd forgotten about him !!! I would put him ahead of McNulty as a true centre back so perhaps we do have 1 too many for half a season.
Ryan Delaney on 21:22 - Jan 9 with 3531 viewsrochdaleriddler

Ryan Delaney on 21:15 - Jan 9 by fitzochris

It is , just hope other areas are addressed

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Delaney on 21:23 - Jan 9 with 3527 viewsfitzochris

Ryan Delaney on 21:22 - Jan 9 by rochdaleriddler

It is , just hope other areas are addressed

They will be.

Ryan Delaney on 21:39 - Jan 9 with 3455 viewsNigeriamark

Ryan Delaney on 21:22 - Jan 9 by Nigeriamark

I'd forgotten about him !!! I would put him ahead of McNulty as a true centre back so perhaps we do have 1 too many for half a season.

Perhaps just to emphasise why I put McNulty where he is, I think it is his error that has just cost us the goal now, missing a clearance
Ryan Delaney on 21:42 - Jan 9 with 3434 viewsrochdaleriddler

Ryan Delaney on 21:23 - Jan 9 by fitzochris

They will be.

How do you know?

Ryan Delaney on 23:44 - Jan 9 with 3199 viewsShun

2 and a half year deal is crazy. Hill must see something in him that he rates. Clough seemed to rate him highly when he first signed him but for whatever reason it hasn't worked out at Burton. Let's hope it does here. Gut feeling says this is one for the future and we won't see much of him this season. Absolutely nothing wrong with that of course, providing we still make signings for the now.
Ryan Delaney on 21:58 - Jan 10 with 2826 viewsShun

Ryan Delaney on 23:44 - Jan 9 by Shun

2 and a half year deal is crazy. Hill must see something in him that he rates. Clough seemed to rate him highly when he first signed him but for whatever reason it hasn't worked out at Burton. Let's hope it does here. Gut feeling says this is one for the future and we won't see much of him this season. Absolutely nothing wrong with that of course, providing we still make signings for the now.

Hill seems really excited about him. But whilst saying he's signed for 'the now' as well as the next few seasons, Hill also says we jumped the queue on him and it's important not to expect too much from him straight away. I really don't think we'll see much of him this season.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/january/hill-on-delaney_jan-2018/
Ryan Delaney on 23:28 - Jan 10 with 2698 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Ryan Delaney on 18:34 - Jan 9 by ColDale

I think it was on the OS yesterday that Canavan is out injured for 3 months which pretty much ends his Dale career

On a similar note, can we assume that Jordan Slew has also left out sand pit?

Not heard his name mentioned for some time.
Ryan Delaney on 03:39 - Jan 11 with 2639 viewskiwidale

Ryan Delaney on 23:28 - Jan 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

On a similar note, can we assume that Jordan Slew has also left out sand pit?

Not heard his name mentioned for some time.

I think someone said Slew is injured? I'm not familiar about the deal he was on but it raises a tricky question if he was on a short term contract say till January I would presume his contract is now up but if he was injured while under contract where does that leave the club contractually and morally? If he was fit he could find another club if he is injured it kind of leaves him fooked.

Ryan Delaney on 07:41 - Jan 11 with 2546 viewsEllDale

Could Canavan actually come into his own on a heavy pitch? A bit like he was when he first signed?
Ryan Delaney on 09:48 - Jan 11 with 2428 viewsDaleiLama

Ryan Delaney on 07:41 - Jan 11 by EllDale

Could Canavan actually come into his own on a heavy pitch? A bit like he was when he first signed?

By all accounts, spring grass should be growing on the COA dunes again by the time he's back from injury?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Ryan Delaney on 10:02 - Jan 11 with 2405 viewsD_Alien

Ryan Delaney on 09:48 - Jan 11 by DaleiLama

By all accounts, spring grass should be growing on the COA dunes again by the time he's back from injury?

Dunes could be the perfect place for Canavan to come into his own

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ryan Delaney on 10:13 - Jan 11 with 2376 viewsDaleiLama

Ryan Delaney on 10:02 - Jan 11 by D_Alien

Dunes could be the perfect place for Canavan to come into his own

We'll also know whether Callum has left by then. Carry on Camping across the board?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Ryan Delaney on 19:55 - Jan 11 with 2198 viewsfitzochris

Ryan Delaney on 21:42 - Jan 9 by rochdaleriddler

How do you know?

The evidence.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024