Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I tell you what.... 22:05 - Mar 13 with 7880 viewsBURYFC_1885

... if Rochdale’s recent upturn in form slows down, the derby match on the 4th April could be the most depressing fixture in history!

We are all but relegated following our last gasp defeat to P’boro.
I tell you what.... on 07:21 - Mar 14 with 2776 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I tell you what.... on 22:55 - Mar 13 by TTNYear

There’s some nipple twisting going on here, and you should know better ding dang. Shall we look at getting out of the bottom four first before we start all that?

Absolutely spot on TTN, although I would add that we can still mathematically make the play-offs.

By my reckoning beating the not rights will put us up to twelfth.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 7:31]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

I tell you what.... on 07:55 - Mar 14 with 2711 viewsdingdangblue

I tell you what.... on 00:54 - Mar 14 by JimmyRustler

There's more chance of Bury putting the final nail in our coffin tbf because their cause is likely to be hopeless by the time we meet...

We've got 8 (EIGHT) games after the bury game so that is very unlikely.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:00 - Mar 14 with 2705 viewsdingdangblue

I tell you what.... on 22:55 - Mar 13 by TTNYear

There’s some nipple twisting going on here, and you should know better ding dang. Shall we look at getting out of the bottom four first before we start all that?

Fair do's.
We've got no chance against anyone - fookin league 2 here we come! 😥
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 8:01]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:28 - Mar 14 with 2595 viewstony_roch975

(No subject) (n/t) on 02:03 - Mar 14 by pioneer

Yes home form is not going to keep us up - draws wont be enough and we have drawn half of our home games. We need wins and we haven't done that home for a long while and only 4 times all season. Its beginning to look like having all those home games left is a curse, not a blessing.

on that basis - 4 away wins & 9 home draws would take us to 54 points and probable safety.
I appreciate all the 'reality' on this thread and clearly the position we sank to in first 2/3 of season is statistically terminal, but that shouldn't stop us feeling good about how we are now performing, including last night, and the improved league results (11th on last 6 games form). You do need the run of the ball as well.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

I tell you what.... on 12:23 - Mar 14 with 2442 viewsD_BFC

I tell you what.... on 22:27 - Mar 13 by Shun

What’s the mood like over in Bury, OP? Is there any hope at all you’ll survive?

We're gone, but we still have to play yourselves, MK, Wimbledon, Northampton, Donny so could have a big impact on other struggling sides assuming we continue to play with the endeavour that has been present since Lowe took over.

Would much prefer Oldham to come down with us but they're the form team of the bottom sides.
I tell you what.... on 12:53 - Mar 14 with 2369 viewsJimmyRustler

I tell you what.... on 07:55 - Mar 14 by dingdangblue

We've got 8 (EIGHT) games after the bury game so that is very unlikely.

More chance...didn't say it was a big chance
I tell you what.... on 13:59 - Mar 14 with 2296 viewsVespaDale

I tell you what.... on 12:23 - Mar 14 by D_BFC

We're gone, but we still have to play yourselves, MK, Wimbledon, Northampton, Donny so could have a big impact on other struggling sides assuming we continue to play with the endeavour that has been present since Lowe took over.

Would much prefer Oldham to come down with us but they're the form team of the bottom sides.

I can't see how anybody can say any team is definitely down yet. All them bottom teams you have to play, beat them, chalks another game off for them & you edge closer. I'd prefer all the NW teams were in the same division (just you 2 finish below us)...
I tell you what.... on 18:06 - Mar 14 with 2114 viewsaleanddale

we are the bookies 5th favourite to be relegated ( 8/5 )

bury are 1-33 to be relegated so finally gone - according to the bookmakers we have a great chance.

I am not so sure we should be 8/5 looks a big price to me when we are still 6 points away from 20th place!

£200 on us to go down returns £320 + your £200 back if anybody wants an insurance bet and the 2018/19 season ticket paid for should we get relegated.

it would cost you £200 of course should we do the great escape.
Login to get fewer ads

I tell you what.... on 16:04 - Mar 15 with 1856 viewsBarryStrange

I tell you what.... on 13:59 - Mar 14 by VespaDale

I can't see how anybody can say any team is definitely down yet. All them bottom teams you have to play, beat them, chalks another game off for them & you edge closer. I'd prefer all the NW teams were in the same division (just you 2 finish below us)...

Nah, we're done now. Whilst most of us have known this since about October when our only goal threat got injured, Tuesday changed the mood for the last few heads in sand. We have won 1 away game in 13 months, only a complete berk would think we are going to win enough of the ones remaining this season. MK maybe, Wimbledon maybe last day but the fat lady will have sung long before we get that far.

The worry is how we can possibly renovate the overpriced, overpaid squad. There really isn't much I would miss.

Whilst I still think you are coming with us (though you've had a great week for sure), I would rather OIdham went. I think any division gets sick of the sight of a side that narrowly avoids relegation after a while and their crawling over the line every year is pretty irritating now.
I tell you what.... on 16:35 - Mar 15 with 1794 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I tell you what.... on 16:04 - Mar 15 by BarryStrange

Nah, we're done now. Whilst most of us have known this since about October when our only goal threat got injured, Tuesday changed the mood for the last few heads in sand. We have won 1 away game in 13 months, only a complete berk would think we are going to win enough of the ones remaining this season. MK maybe, Wimbledon maybe last day but the fat lady will have sung long before we get that far.

The worry is how we can possibly renovate the overpriced, overpaid squad. There really isn't much I would miss.

Whilst I still think you are coming with us (though you've had a great week for sure), I would rather OIdham went. I think any division gets sick of the sight of a side that narrowly avoids relegation after a while and their crawling over the line every year is pretty irritating now.

I've said it before BazStrange, when you look at your squad you lot should be beating all before you......notice Dawson did n't get a game on Tuesday such is the wealth of your squad.

Who would you miss then?
I tell you what.... on 17:08 - Mar 15 with 1740 viewsD_Dale

I tell you what.... on 16:04 - Mar 15 by BarryStrange

BS, I think you are right. Unlikely that a team that's averaged less than a point a game will average two points from the remaining matches. That'd be promotion form (usually 50 points are enough to avoid relegation, but this season it could well be 51 or 52.

As for our lot, the average is a point a game, and to push that up to 1.5 points isn't a huge expectation. Like you, we have no players (except for Henderson) who can be relied upon to score a goal every few matches. We've also had three or four false dawns - a good result followed by a few poor ones.

Still, there'll be some new places to go to next season - Morecambe, Port Vale, maybe Macclesfield - and (unlike some on this forum) I hope things get better. The fear that comes with a relegation into L2 is that only one more relegation means joining the likes of Hartlepool, Chester, Halifax, Gateshead, Wrexham, Chesterfield ...
I tell you what.... on 17:24 - Mar 15 with 1719 viewsBarryStrange

I tell you what.... on 16:35 - Mar 15 by Yorkshire_Dale

I've said it before BazStrange, when you look at your squad you lot should be beating all before you......notice Dawson did n't get a game on Tuesday such is the wealth of your squad.

Who would you miss then?

Nathan Cameron, but then we've been missing him for large chunks of the last 3 seasons. Without injury, he would have been Championship standard. Sad but it is what it is.

Neil Danns - the only player who Bury fans think more of now than we did in August. For a guy Clark wouldn't give a squad number, his professionalism, calmness on the ball and evident enjoyment of playing football has been matched by nobody else bar maybe George Miller

Greg Leigh - there is a player there, who could be very good with better coaching.

Sad that we have never seen the real Stephen Dawson but we haven't. Since the injury he has done nowt but whine at referees. Hope he gets himself fit for next year wherever he hoovers up another signing on fee.

I can't wait for the season to be over. This'll be my 5th relegation and each one hurts less than the last. But more than the relegation the whole season this year has been completely devoid of redeeming feature, it's just been so utterly boring. I've hated nearly every minute of it and I can't wait for a couple of months off.
I tell you what.... on 19:05 - Mar 15 with 1571 viewsTVOS1907

I tell you what.... on 17:08 - Mar 15 by D_Dale

BS, I think you are right. Unlikely that a team that's averaged less than a point a game will average two points from the remaining matches. That'd be promotion form (usually 50 points are enough to avoid relegation, but this season it could well be 51 or 52.

As for our lot, the average is a point a game, and to push that up to 1.5 points isn't a huge expectation. Like you, we have no players (except for Henderson) who can be relied upon to score a goal every few matches. We've also had three or four false dawns - a good result followed by a few poor ones.

Still, there'll be some new places to go to next season - Morecambe, Port Vale, maybe Macclesfield - and (unlike some on this forum) I hope things get better. The fear that comes with a relegation into L2 is that only one more relegation means joining the likes of Hartlepool, Chester, Halifax, Gateshead, Wrexham, Chesterfield ...

We played Port Vale last season!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024