Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? 10:49 - Mar 22 with 16650 viewsmexmike

As per the title, what happend to team Rochdale, ive never felt more detached from the club as I do right now, in 25 years of following the dale.

Its hard to put my finger on what it is, maybe due to work I cant get to every game now but there still seems to be a growing gap between the already tiny fan base and the club itself.

I see the things they are doing, like this £65 gala dinner (cancelled after fan outrage) Wembley coaches more expensive than all the other coach companies (reduced after 're-negotiating' to name just a few.
I watch Hills post match interviews and after terrible defeats and performances he almost seems to be grinning about it.

Like I say, maybe its just me but I do personally think the club and the fans are growing further apart, something a club like ours cant afford to do!
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 13:44 - Mar 24 with 2625 viewsnordenblue

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 13:07 - Mar 24 by D_Alien

He'd get a softer ride on public transport

But my main point was highlighting the inconsistency of targeting certain players, who, through no fault of their own, don't make it onto the pitch as often as they'd like

Maybe the injuries go hand in hand with carrying excess weight who knows, one things for sure the games moved on from the Doolan,Flicker era but sadly some players haven't moved with it.

Holty was huge when he came back last time but still never stopped him putting himself about on the pitch and continued to add enormously(🤓) to the team.

I'm not convinced Davies current condition is anything to do with his previous horrendous injury at Derby,as shown if you watch footage of him playing at Blackpool,Sheff Utd etc, without opening up a previously done to death argument I'm firmly in the he could do more to shift some timber corner I'm afraid,but without us knowing every detail we may all be doing the lad a disservice tbf.
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 14:17 - Mar 24 with 2581 viewsD_Alien

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 13:44 - Mar 24 by nordenblue

Maybe the injuries go hand in hand with carrying excess weight who knows, one things for sure the games moved on from the Doolan,Flicker era but sadly some players haven't moved with it.

Holty was huge when he came back last time but still never stopped him putting himself about on the pitch and continued to add enormously(🤓) to the team.

I'm not convinced Davies current condition is anything to do with his previous horrendous injury at Derby,as shown if you watch footage of him playing at Blackpool,Sheff Utd etc, without opening up a previously done to death argument I'm firmly in the he could do more to shift some timber corner I'm afraid,but without us knowing every detail we may all be doing the lad a disservice tbf.

Your last line is the key point. Why fans should assume he's just being lazy says more about them than anything

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 14:24 - Mar 24 with 2570 viewsSaxonDale

I think the biggest frustration for me regarding Davies (and I'm certainly not saying his lack of fitness is his fault) is he's exactly the sort of player we need right now. We've seen over the last few weeks how teams will come to Rochdale knowing that we don't really have the quality to break them down if they don't leave us any space. As he showed against Spurs, Davies is the one player who offers us truly quality in the box. How many extra points would a fit Keane and Davies have got us this year?
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 14:37 - Mar 24 with 2539 viewsrochdaleriddler

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 14:17 - Mar 24 by D_Alien

Your last line is the key point. Why fans should assume he's just being lazy says more about them than anything

Is his extra weight helping him?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 15:24 - Mar 24 with 2506 viewsD_Alien

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 14:37 - Mar 24 by rochdaleriddler

Is his extra weight helping him?

Of course not, but isn't it far more likely that it's a product of his injury-strewn career than the cause of it? Why assume he's just being unprofessional?

I'll call people out on that every single time, just as i would if someone started trolling an obese person in a wheelchair

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 15:26 - Mar 24 with 2503 viewsNinco

For me, if there is a broken relationship between the club and the fans, it isn't evident, but what is evident to me, is that the club have had enough of moaning negative so-called fans. Keith Hill has already mentioned numerous times about negative comments being made towards the players, and the gala dinner saga proves that whatever the club try and do to raise the profile of the club, the fans will find something to moan about.

It's a minority of people, the same people every week, who moan every time a player makes a mistake on the pitch. Keith Hill is a promotion winning manager, and these people have probably only ever managed a team on a computer game, yet they think they know better than Hill, and I am not surprised that Hill gets stressed with them. You never hear from these people when Dale are playing well.

Lets look at the facts...

No player goes out there intentionally to play badly. They have their professional reputation to think about, so they do as best as they can. They are not Pele, and will make mistakes just as you do in your job as they are human. You wont get perfect at any club, but you need to understand that on our budget, you are not even going to get the skill levels of other more affluent clubs. The players know when they are making mistakes and they know what their abilities and failures are. Shouting out from the stand that they are useless when Keith Hill is trying to help them to believe in their abilities helps nobody. What exactly did you think would happen when you called the players useless? Did you expect to see any change? Did you feel any better in yourself for saying it? Did the fans sat around you congratulate you for your knowledge of football?

We've all see the efforts of the club to encourage new fans. The posters around the town. The season ticket initiative etc. If you were one of those new fans responding to the clubs adverts and you went for the first time and you heard someone constantly moaning, would you feel like going again or would you go elsewhere?

At times like this, we should be pulling together and encouraging the players. They are predominately a young side who need support. We are in a difficult enough situation as it is with the precarious league position. The last thing we want is moaners. Look at all the positives instead. Those players you are moaning at got us a trip to Wembley.
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 16:04 - Mar 24 with 2473 views442Dale

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 15:26 - Mar 24 by Ninco

For me, if there is a broken relationship between the club and the fans, it isn't evident, but what is evident to me, is that the club have had enough of moaning negative so-called fans. Keith Hill has already mentioned numerous times about negative comments being made towards the players, and the gala dinner saga proves that whatever the club try and do to raise the profile of the club, the fans will find something to moan about.

It's a minority of people, the same people every week, who moan every time a player makes a mistake on the pitch. Keith Hill is a promotion winning manager, and these people have probably only ever managed a team on a computer game, yet they think they know better than Hill, and I am not surprised that Hill gets stressed with them. You never hear from these people when Dale are playing well.

No player goes out there intentionally to play badly. They have their professional reputation to think about, so they do as best as they can. They are not Pele, and will make mistakes just as you do in your job as they are human. You wont get perfect at any club, but you need to understand that on our budget, you are not even going to get the skill levels of other more affluent clubs. The players know when they are making mistakes and they know what their abilities and failures are. Shouting out from the stand that they are useless when Keith Hill is trying to help them to believe in their abilities helps nobody. What exactly did you think would happen when you called the players useless? Did you expect to see any change? Did you feel any better in yourself for saying it? Did the fans sat around you congratulate you for your knowledge of football?

We've all see the efforts of the club to encourage new fans. The posters around the town. The season ticket initiative etc. If you were one of those new fans responding to the clubs adverts and you went for the first time and you heard someone constantly moaning, would you feel like going again or would you go elsewhere?

At times like this, we should be pulling together and encouraging the players. They are predominately a young side who need support. We are in a difficult enough situation as it is with the precarious league position. The last thing we want is moaners. Look at all the positives instead. Those players you are moaning at got us a trip to Wembley.

<<“and the gala dinner saga proves that whatever the club try and do to raise the profile of the club, the fans will find something to moan about. “>>

Not true on this occasion. Many fans supported the idea of a dinner, they rightly also focused on where the idea could have been improved as not to create issues around the awards night.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 16:07 - Mar 24 with 2465 viewsNinco

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 16:04 - Mar 24 by 442Dale

<<“and the gala dinner saga proves that whatever the club try and do to raise the profile of the club, the fans will find something to moan about. “>>

Not true on this occasion. Many fans supported the idea of a dinner, they rightly also focused on where the idea could have been improved as not to create issues around the awards night.

Yes, as I said in my original post, it's a minority of fans doing the moaning, but their negativity is spoiling it for everyone else. Especially the ones that are within earshot of the dugouts that Keith Hill isn't happy with.
Login to get fewer ads

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 16:15 - Mar 24 with 2449 views442Dale

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 16:07 - Mar 24 by Ninco

Yes, as I said in my original post, it's a minority of fans doing the moaning, but their negativity is spoiling it for everyone else. Especially the ones that are within earshot of the dugouts that Keith Hill isn't happy with.

Just to clarify, do you mean the minority were moaning about the Gala Awards?

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 18:01 - Mar 24 with 2367 viewselectricblue

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 13:44 - Mar 24 by nordenblue

Maybe the coaches dont do enough to push the training to get the weight off....
Remember when Conrad Logan was last at the club and carried some extra midriff.

Logan moved to Mansfield in the summer and he looks a lot slimmer..

So is it actually down to the coaches not putting enough into the players to loose that weight....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 18:12 - Mar 24 with 2340 viewsrochdale_ranger

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 16:15 - Mar 24 by 442Dale

Just to clarify, do you mean the minority were moaning about the Gala Awards?

I thought the Gala dinner was a stupid idea but the majority on here and the supporters trust does not equal the majority of Dale fans.
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 18:28 - Mar 24 with 2295 views442Dale

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 18:12 - Mar 24 by rochdale_ranger

I thought the Gala dinner was a stupid idea but the majority on here and the supporters trust does not equal the majority of Dale fans.

Not saying it does, but the reaction here/Facebook/twitter indicated the majority who commented weren’t happy.

ie. it’s impossible to say the minority were against it.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 18:29]

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 18:31 - Mar 24 with 2282 viewsrochdaleriddler

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 15:26 - Mar 24 by Ninco

When have fans turned on the players? The support has been magnificent this season, considering the dross served up. Newport got to Wembley and didn't get dicked like we did. People moaning on here so so because it's okay , it's a forum , it's ok because we have played shit most of the season. You can be as positive as you like, doesn't give you the right to slag other fans off, without it being returned. I sit in the main stand and have heard no moaning

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 18:45 - Mar 24 with 2263 views442Dale

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 18:31 - Mar 24 by rochdaleriddler

When have fans turned on the players? The support has been magnificent this season, considering the dross served up. Newport got to Wembley and didn't get dicked like we did. People moaning on here so so because it's okay , it's a forum , it's ok because we have played shit most of the season. You can be as positive as you like, doesn't give you the right to slag other fans off, without it being returned. I sit in the main stand and have heard no moaning

That's a fair point, the support at games has been pretty good. To expect no moans ever is completely unrealistic, that how some people are but it happens far more at other clubs.

Again today, the away support was very good. It's been as noisy away from as I can ever remember.

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 19:04 - Mar 24 with 2225 viewsrochdaleriddler

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 18:45 - Mar 24 by 442Dale

That's a fair point, the support at games has been pretty good. To expect no moans ever is completely unrealistic, that how some people are but it happens far more at other clubs.

Again today, the away support was very good. It's been as noisy away from as I can ever remember.

Maybe the person moaning about the moaning doesn't attend games

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 19:30 - Mar 24 with 2197 viewsTVOS1907

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 18:12 - Mar 24 by rochdale_ranger

No, but it was the only sample available.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 20:19 - Mar 24 with 2153 viewsrochdale_ranger

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 18:31 - Mar 24 by rochdaleriddler

After last season I thought I would get a season ticket for the main stand on the basis that sitting in there on my own or occasionally with my Dad and Mum would keep me off the beer and I would be able to enjoy some good football. I’ve been yearning for a beer and a day on the piss with the lads since ticket number 1!after the tripe served up. That said the main stand moaners have been quiet all season.
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 20:46 - Mar 24 with 2126 viewskiwidale

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 20:19 - Mar 24 by rochdale_ranger

After last season I thought I would get a season ticket for the main stand on the basis that sitting in there on my own or occasionally with my Dad and Mum would keep me off the beer and I would be able to enjoy some good football. I’ve been yearning for a beer and a day on the piss with the lads since ticket number 1!after the tripe served up. That said the main stand moaners have been quiet all season.

get back on the piss Lad you might talk more sense

This is not the time for bickering.

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 21:39 - Mar 24 with 2097 viewsrochdale_ranger

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 20:46 - Mar 24 by kiwidale

get back on the piss Lad you might talk more sense

Id talk more sense over here pissed up then you sober down there ye Kiwi bastard grrrrrrrrrrrrr How are the fa afafine this time of year?
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 23:12 - Mar 24 with 2036 viewskiwidale

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 21:39 - Mar 24 by rochdale_ranger

Id talk more sense over here pissed up then you sober down there ye Kiwi bastard grrrrrrrrrrrrr How are the fa afafine this time of year?

The fa'afafine are fine por favor... the only problem is they are not as big as the women .
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 23:22]

This is not the time for bickering.

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 23:36 - Mar 24 with 2018 viewsrochdaleriddler

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 20:19 - Mar 24 by rochdale_ranger

I sat there for the view, I can't see the other end of the pitch from the sandy any more, the atmosphere is quiet. I still manage a few ales before and during and after the game though. The moaners have been really quiet, people really do want the team to do well, there is no bitterness

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 00:17 - Mar 25 with 1989 viewsrochdale_ranger

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 23:12 - Mar 24 by kiwidale

The fa'afafine are fine por favor... the only problem is they are not as big as the women .
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 23:22]

Hahahaha spat my thatchers out. I used to work with an owd tradesman who used to work over there in the winter and come home in the summer (Oldham fan as well) and he first told me about those guys. I couldn’t believe the reasoning behind it.
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 00:33 - Mar 25 with 1974 viewsrochdale_ranger

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 23:36 - Mar 24 by rochdaleriddler

I sat there for the view, I can't see the other end of the pitch from the sandy any more, the atmosphere is quiet. I still manage a few ales before and during and after the game though. The moaners have been really quiet, people really do want the team to do well, there is no bitterness

Aye the view is good that’s why I went in there. But like you say the traditional main stand moaners have been quiet this season. Everyone wants us to do well. It’s just a shame any wandering from the general consensus on here either gets you accused of being a bury troll or just a troll. I hope we stay up but the sooner this season is behind us the better.
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 00:44 - Mar 25 with 1964 viewsrochdaleriddler

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 00:33 - Mar 25 by rochdale_ranger

Aye the view is good that’s why I went in there. But like you say the traditional main stand moaners have been quiet this season. Everyone wants us to do well. It’s just a shame any wandering from the general consensus on here either gets you accused of being a bury troll or just a troll. I hope we stay up but the sooner this season is behind us the better.

Yep, I was accused of being a bury fan last year, if you don't want to polish hillys helmet, or be thankful we are still in business , you are a troll, loony, or just not in the clique! Lots on here hide Behind the pseudonym , and are probably on the register

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 14:33 - Mar 25 with 1838 viewsnordenblue

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 00:44 - Mar 25 by rochdaleriddler

Yep, I was accused of being a bury fan last year, if you don't want to polish hillys helmet, or be thankful we are still in business , you are a troll, loony, or just not in the clique! Lots on here hide Behind the pseudonym , and are probably on the register

What registers that then?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024