Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheating Convicts 20:16 - Mar 24 with 17318 viewsDaley_Lama

Opening batsman caught red handed. Aussie Captain admits he knew about it and it was planned by the team leadership team.

Having been caught red handed, they have admitted the above. Their penitance is awesome.

Bancroft has said he will deal with the damage to his reputation. (Well, there’s nothing other thsn that that you can do)
Bancroft has said he regrets he did it (because he was caught)
He also admits to shoving the tape down his fronts (because he was caught)
Smith has said he will not stand down (because he has no honour)
Smith has said it will not ever happen again (because you got caught)

Just like Michael Atherton, down right cheating has happened and is being swerved by the perpetrators.

Hope the ICC act with some backbone.

Poll: DF in or out

Cheating Convicts on 17:46 - Mar 25 with 3143 viewsNigeriamark

Cheating Convicts on 17:12 - Mar 25 by ColDale

Why is it only considered to be a level 2 offence? Surely outright cheating to influence a game is as serious as anything a player can do.

Given that the aussies claim its not been something they've done before, it will be interesting to hear their justification as to why they've chosen this test to do so. I'd imagine there'll be a lot of footage from the Ashes being poured over right now.

So Smith gets a 1 match ban. .they really need to look at their policy if that's the only punishment they can give foe deliberately cheating. Wasn't Rabada initially going to get 2 matches for brushing shoulders with Smith?
Cheating Convicts on 18:03 - Mar 25 with 3113 viewskiwidale

Why is it only considered to be a level 2 offence? Surely outright cheating to influence a game is as serious as anything a player can do.

Given that the aussies claim its not been something they've done before, it will be interesting to hear their justification as to why they've chosen this test to do so. I'd imagine there'll be a lot of footage from the Ashes being poured over right now.

My initial reaction to this was one of disbelieve coupled with good the cheating buggers will get what they deserve. Steve Smith like all great Aussie cricketers/captains is hard to like and even harder to defend over this, making him an easy target for anti Aussie vitriol however it has to be said ball tampering to get an advantage is nothing new just not as stupid as this latest example, almost as stupid as him to admitting they cheated and that it was a plan hatched by the leadership within the team. The only conclusion is the whole team knew about it. Before we all recoil in horror and enjoy the witch hunt that's already in full swing perhaps a read of this article will temper our view of what has happened.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/43532624
[Post edited 25 Mar 2018 18:27]

This is not the time for bickering.

Cheating Convicts on 18:37 - Mar 25 with 3090 viewsColDale

Cheating Convicts on 18:03 - Mar 25 by kiwidale

My initial reaction to this was one of disbelieve coupled with good the cheating buggers will get what they deserve. Steve Smith like all great Aussie cricketers/captains is hard to like and even harder to defend over this, making him an easy target for anti Aussie vitriol however it has to be said ball tampering to get an advantage is nothing new just not as stupid as this latest example, almost as stupid as him to admitting they cheated and that it was a plan hatched by the leadership within the team. The only conclusion is the whole team knew about it. Before we all recoil in horror and enjoy the witch hunt that's already in full swing perhaps a read of this article will temper our view of what has happened.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/43532624
[Post edited 25 Mar 2018 18:27]

Enjoyed this bit of the link

The charge did not result from any accusations by Australia but vice-captain David Warner told reporters afterwards: "We hold our heads high and I'd be very disappointed if one of our team members did that.

Key thing with this is that it is a premeditated team act rather than some spur of the moment act in the field of play. Get a junior member of the side to be the fall guy rather than the actual bowler who of course is protected throughout by playing no part in this.

It may well be that every team around the world does the same and the Aussies are the just the ones stupid enough to be caught on camera doing it. If thats the case, the rules need changing so that the punishments fit the crime. When you consider Mo Amir got a 5 year ban for deliberately bowling a no ball, is a one match ban justified for something which gives a team an unfair advantage?

Should be easy to sort this as every test match has cameras all over the place. Make it illegal to hide the ball at any time so that it is always visible, and if there's any suspicion from the umpires of the ball, then the videos are replayed over and over again until the illegal act is found.
Cheating Convicts on 18:45 - Mar 25 with 3078 viewskiwidale

Cheating Convicts on 18:37 - Mar 25 by ColDale

Enjoyed this bit of the link

The charge did not result from any accusations by Australia but vice-captain David Warner told reporters afterwards: "We hold our heads high and I'd be very disappointed if one of our team members did that.

Key thing with this is that it is a premeditated team act rather than some spur of the moment act in the field of play. Get a junior member of the side to be the fall guy rather than the actual bowler who of course is protected throughout by playing no part in this.

It may well be that every team around the world does the same and the Aussies are the just the ones stupid enough to be caught on camera doing it. If thats the case, the rules need changing so that the punishments fit the crime. When you consider Mo Amir got a 5 year ban for deliberately bowling a no ball, is a one match ban justified for something which gives a team an unfair advantage?

Should be easy to sort this as every test match has cameras all over the place. Make it illegal to hide the ball at any time so that it is always visible, and if there's any suspicion from the umpires of the ball, then the videos are replayed over and over again until the illegal act is found.

what about this bit

After TV pictures appeared to show Atherton applying dirt to the ball, Atherton insisted he had only "put some dust in my pocket from a used pitch... to keep my hands and the ball dry".

His defence was that, in trying to keep the moisture off the ball, he was therefore seeking to maintain its condition, rather than alter it.

I'm sure the ball was in better condition after the game than before and don't we all use dirt to keep our hands dry.

Cheating Convicts on 20:13 - Mar 25 with 3020 viewsDaley_Lama

My former class prefect Michael Atherton was as much a cheat as Bancroft was yesterday.

During lunch today they went to NZ where Nick Knight, Athers and Bumble were.

Knight gets a bit of stick from other pundits occasionally and you could almost detect the glee as he intro’d with....Australia caught cheating, world of cricket in uproar, what do you think Michael Atherton.

Athers wharted on about ‘its happened since the dawn of time’ and ‘serious questions should be answered.
Bumble went for the leadership, team out of control, been going on for ages

Rob Key was best in the studio. He went on a one man tirade againt Steve Smith. He absolutely hates every bone in his body it would seem.

On the subject of punishment, the ICC were always going to be seen as lenient. Cricket Australia will throw the book at them. The hold the baggy green cap very dear to their hearts and even their PM is gunning for them.

Cheating Convicts on 20:16 - Mar 25 with 3019 viewskiwidale

Having woken up and followed the latest developments I'm beginning to feel desperately sorry for Smith and Bancroft, Bancroft especially. This has the potential to break Smith in more ways than as a cricketer its becoming clear he will never captain Australia again the corporate money men and politicians have already stuck the boot in. Turnbull the Australian prime minister an horrible man who will defend his crooked political cronies through much worse scandals has basically declared him unclean. You would think that Smith had rogered the umpire such is the disdain that has followed a stupid decision to try to gain an advantage, unsuccessfully I might add, and worse still to get caught doing it.

Cheating Convicts on 21:10 - Mar 25 with 2959 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Cheating Convicts on 20:16 - Mar 25 by kiwidale

Having woken up and followed the latest developments I'm beginning to feel desperately sorry for Smith and Bancroft, Bancroft especially. This has the potential to break Smith in more ways than as a cricketer its becoming clear he will never captain Australia again the corporate money men and politicians have already stuck the boot in. Turnbull the Australian prime minister an horrible man who will defend his crooked political cronies through much worse scandals has basically declared him unclean. You would think that Smith had rogered the umpire such is the disdain that has followed a stupid decision to try to gain an advantage, unsuccessfully I might add, and worse still to get caught doing it.

Don’t really like any Aussie cricketer, Warner particular is a of the highest order. Problem is it’s no different to chewing gum or having a nail that’s sharp. I played a game years ago when their opening bowler had a staple to rough ball up.

Feel sorry for Bancroft as he is as thick as Neil but Cant see why they bothered. Not really a meaningful test

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Cheating Convicts on 21:13 - Mar 25 with 2953 viewsDaley_Lama

I don’t feel sorry for them one bit.

Cheating at cricket is as taboo as it is at golf. For example, Vijay Singh will never loose the cheat tag. You simply don’t do it and take what is coming to you if you do.

Cheat once and your previous wins are devalued. As Col mentioned earlier, the ashes will be reviewed in micro detail. Footage of Bancroft putting sugar into his trouser pocket during that series is now circulating.

Once a cheat, always a cheat applies in both sports. They know that, every player knows thT.

Login to get fewer ads

Cheating Convicts on 21:32 - Mar 25 with 2921 viewsdownunder

Will Theresa May will get involved the next time Deli is shown to have took a dive?
Cheating Convicts on 21:58 - Mar 25 with 2905 viewskiwidale

Cheating Convicts on 21:13 - Mar 25 by Daley_Lama

I don’t feel sorry for them one bit.

Cheating at cricket is as taboo as it is at golf. For example, Vijay Singh will never loose the cheat tag. You simply don’t do it and take what is coming to you if you do.

Cheat once and your previous wins are devalued. As Col mentioned earlier, the ashes will be reviewed in micro detail. Footage of Bancroft putting sugar into his trouser pocket during that series is now circulating.

Once a cheat, always a cheat applies in both sports. They know that, every player knows thT.

Does that mean if cheating at Cricket as Steve Smith did as Michael Atherton did as Faf Du plessis did as numerous Indian captains have done it's compulsory in Pakistan Cricket are all wins devalued. This talk about the spirit of the game is laughable in any professional sport albeit some sports have an higher code of ethics modern Cricket is not one of them.

Cheating Convicts on 04:30 - Mar 26 with 2815 viewsDiddyDave

Cheating Convicts on 21:58 - Mar 25 by kiwidale

Does that mean if cheating at Cricket as Steve Smith did as Michael Atherton did as Faf Du plessis did as numerous Indian captains have done it's compulsory in Pakistan Cricket are all wins devalued. This talk about the spirit of the game is laughable in any professional sport albeit some sports have an higher code of ethics modern Cricket is not one of them.

Well said KD,modern sport is a joke these days,the money and pressure to win at all costs has put sport into a melting pot of controversy worldwide. The Commonwealth Games is a matter of days way,my missus is a volunteer for it,good on her,but you wouldn`t see me going anywhere near when I found out the CEO is on over $700,000 a year with other "top officials" on over half a million as well. Just wonder who will be the first to be sent home for failing a drugs test,drugs of all sorts are about as easy to get as a loaf of bread here on the Gold Coast.
Cheating Convicts on 08:18 - Mar 26 with 2736 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Cheating Convicts on 08:23 - Mar 26 with 2732 views1907

I’m still trying to get my head around Vettel gaining an advantage over Hamilton yesterday when the virtual safety car was out? Whoever comes up with these ridiculous ideas with obvious flaws is spoiling a lot of modern sport. I see Salford were absolutely shafted in a match last week as well over a third umpire review of a try.
Cheating Convicts on 13:31 - Mar 26 with 2595 viewsSandyman

"I hope the Australian public give it to him right from the word go for the whole [Australian] summer,"

From the team that never walks. From the team that doesn't like abuse from the crowd. I hope the English public and every other test playing country remember this recent incident and "give it" them at every opportunity. You reap what you sow, Lehmann, you vile khuunt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/23779247

For now we'll enjoy a proper series in New Zealand, win lose or draw, played the right way thank you.
Cheating Convicts on 15:37 - Mar 26 with 2523 viewsTVOS1907

Cheating Convicts on 13:31 - Mar 26 by Sandyman

"I hope the Australian public give it to him right from the word go for the whole [Australian] summer,"

From the team that never walks. From the team that doesn't like abuse from the crowd. I hope the English public and every other test playing country remember this recent incident and "give it" them at every opportunity. You reap what you sow, Lehmann, you vile khuunt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/23779247

For now we'll enjoy a proper series in New Zealand, win lose or draw, played the right way thank you.

The ODI series over here this summer could be an interesting affair.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Cheating Convicts on 22:08 - Mar 26 with 2391 viewsSandyman

Just got tickets for the England V cheats ODI at Old Trafford in June. . What to wear?

Cheating Convicts on 00:02 - Mar 27 with 2334 viewsDiddyDave

The latest is that Lehmann will quit immediately and Smith and Warner will get twelve month bans. I think Bancroft was a patsy,if he`d done the right thing and threatened to expose the whole rotten Australian cricket culture, the rest of the players would`ve given him hell. Now we`ve got the NRL finding that Manly rorted the salary cap to the tune of $1.5 million over the last five years,Daley Cherry Evans apparently "unaware" that he was getting $400k extra outside the cap. Yeah right.
Cheating Convicts on 04:49 - Mar 27 with 2282 viewskiwidale

Cheating Convicts on 00:02 - Mar 27 by DiddyDave

The latest is that Lehmann will quit immediately and Smith and Warner will get twelve month bans. I think Bancroft was a patsy,if he`d done the right thing and threatened to expose the whole rotten Australian cricket culture, the rest of the players would`ve given him hell. Now we`ve got the NRL finding that Manly rorted the salary cap to the tune of $1.5 million over the last five years,Daley Cherry Evans apparently "unaware" that he was getting $400k extra outside the cap. Yeah right.

Bancroft deserves a bit of sympathy but its starting to come out its not the first time he did the something in the pocket routine the last time it was sugar, this bollox about we've never done it before is laughable. Bancroft should receive the same bans as Smith Warner and Lehmann to send a clear message that you are responsible for your own actions if anything the others should get double the bans for coercing him to do it.

Cheating Convicts on 16:00 - Mar 27 with 2182 viewsTVOS1907

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Cheating Convicts on 18:49 - Mar 27 with 2092 viewsDaley_Lama

Bancroft, Warner and Smith all sent home with more to follow in terms of punishment.

Lehman not involved according to Cricket Australia.

Cheating Convicts on 18:59 - Mar 27 with 2074 viewsDorislove

Cheating Convicts on 18:49 - Mar 27 by Daley_Lama

Bancroft, Warner and Smith all sent home with more to follow in terms of punishment.

Lehman not involved according to Cricket Australia.

So just 2 in the senior group plus puppet boy ,i dont think so.
Teflon lehman gets away with it.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2018 19:03]
Cheating Convicts on 19:06 - Mar 27 with 2068 viewsColDale

Big pressure on the Aussie bowlers from now on. Given this has come from a SA tip off, it suggests that this being a one off is a fabrication.

In future series with a much heightened level of scrutiny, if the Aussie bowlers are unable to produce the sort of reverse swing that has made them so successful in recent times, there will be one simple assumption made by all associated with the game. I suspect there may be some injuries on the way.
Cheating Convicts on 19:41 - Mar 27 with 2035 viewsColDale

Just seen the refusal of Sutherland to acknowledge the word cheating. It’s damage limitation or at least an attempt to. This will run and run
Cheating Convicts on 19:44 - Mar 27 with 2029 viewsDorislove

Cheating Convicts on 19:41 - Mar 27 by ColDale

Just seen the refusal of Sutherland to acknowledge the word cheating. It’s damage limitation or at least an attempt to. This will run and run

How can no bowler be not in the leadership team ? sorting the ball is for them and not the batters .Lawyers well involved in all this ,like you say Col this will run especially in England this summer .Grounds will be packed if they wernt going to be before .
Cheating Convicts on 22:04 - Mar 27 with 1949 viewsDaleiLama

Cheating Convicts on 19:06 - Mar 27 by ColDale

Big pressure on the Aussie bowlers from now on. Given this has come from a SA tip off, it suggests that this being a one off is a fabrication.

In future series with a much heightened level of scrutiny, if the Aussie bowlers are unable to produce the sort of reverse swing that has made them so successful in recent times, there will be one simple assumption made by all associated with the game. I suspect there may be some injuries on the way.

Caught before ....... on further review .... caught after

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024