Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheating Convicts 20:16 - Mar 24 with 17317 viewsDaley_Lama

Opening batsman caught red handed. Aussie Captain admits he knew about it and it was planned by the team leadership team.

Having been caught red handed, they have admitted the above. Their penitance is awesome.

Bancroft has said he will deal with the damage to his reputation. (Well, there’s nothing other thsn that that you can do)
Bancroft has said he regrets he did it (because he was caught)
He also admits to shoving the tape down his fronts (because he was caught)
Smith has said he will not stand down (because he has no honour)
Smith has said it will not ever happen again (because you got caught)

Just like Michael Atherton, down right cheating has happened and is being swerved by the perpetrators.

Hope the ICC act with some backbone.

Poll: DF in or out

Cheating Convicts on 00:19 - Mar 28 with 3097 viewsSandyman

Cheating Convicts on 19:44 - Mar 27 by Dorislove

How can no bowler be not in the leadership team ? sorting the ball is for them and not the batters .Lawyers well involved in all this ,like you say Col this will run especially in England this summer .Grounds will be packed if they wernt going to be before .

Absolutely. Best publicity imaginable for the cheats ODI series over here this Summer. They will know what abuse from a crowd is by the time they go home. I doubt we'll see Smith, Warner or Bancroft on these shores for a while. It would be, at best, incendiary. Anyway, cheats like them couldn't man up to it. Lehmann can only give out "banter". He hates taking it. Welcome to the jungle, cheat.

To even think that we are expected to accept that when deliberate ball tampering to encourage reverse swing is done without the knowledge or involvement of the bowlers? It is genuinely unbelievable. This "leadership group" malarkey is a farce, invented to protect as many of the cheats as possible. That doesn't wash either.
They were all in on it. Sutherland, they are all cheats. Protecting Lehmann et al makes it look even worse. And all so unnecessary because they have a very good team. Or do they when they can't cheat ?? We'll see.
Cheating Convicts on 01:11 - Mar 28 with 3080 viewsDaley_Lama

The World: Why did you do this absolutely ridiculous attempt to cheat?
Senior Leadership: More fool you, we've been doing it for series after series.

I reckon Lehman would have been at best aware of this, very much doubt he was an instigator myself.

Dressing room would have known about it too, everybody knows everything in there.

Cheating Convicts on 05:30 - Mar 28 with 3040 viewsColDale

Cheating Convicts on 01:11 - Mar 28 by Daley_Lama

The World: Why did you do this absolutely ridiculous attempt to cheat?
Senior Leadership: More fool you, we've been doing it for series after series.

I reckon Lehman would have been at best aware of this, very much doubt he was an instigator myself.

Dressing room would have known about it too, everybody knows everything in there.

I'd have thought had Lehman not been involved, he'd have wanted to have been in front of every camera and microphone going to put the record straight and defend the non leadership group group. He's been the leader of that dressing room since he came in, and its his leadership qualities rather than specific coaching ability that saw him drafted in when they came over the tour before last, and as such, there's never been more of a time when a leader is required.

As Fred would say, #FromYorkshire
Cheating Convicts on 08:23 - Mar 28 with 2986 viewsjudd

Poll: What is it to be then?

Cheating Convicts on 09:11 - Mar 28 with 2958 viewsdingdangblue

Some good stuff here...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/live/2018/mar/27/cricke

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Cheating Convicts on 10:15 - Mar 28 with 2934 viewsmingthemerciless

I can't believe for one single second that the pace bowlers didn't know what was going on. Why tamper with the ball to help them and then not tell them what was going on ? That's just beyond belief.
Cheating Convicts on 11:39 - Mar 28 with 2888 viewsD_Alien

One year ban for Smith and Warner about right, for me

Could signal the end of Warner's career but I want Smith over here next Ashes series so that 1) we can give him a taste of English disapproval and 2) if we win, they can't claim a weakened side

The blows taken to their reputations and finances will last much longer than the bans

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Cheating Convicts on 13:23 - Mar 28 with 2825 viewsJimmyRustler

Cheating Convicts on 11:39 - Mar 28 by D_Alien

One year ban for Smith and Warner about right, for me

Could signal the end of Warner's career but I want Smith over here next Ashes series so that 1) we can give him a taste of English disapproval and 2) if we win, they can't claim a weakened side

The blows taken to their reputations and finances will last much longer than the bans

In terms of finances, how well paid are the elite level players such as Smith and Warner on nowadays? I've always wondered..
Login to get fewer ads

Cheating Convicts on 14:00 - Mar 28 with 2794 viewsD_Alien

Cheating Convicts on 13:23 - Mar 28 by JimmyRustler

In terms of finances, how well paid are the elite level players such as Smith and Warner on nowadays? I've always wondered..

Dunno about their Aussie contracts JR, but the big bucks are in the Indian league and they've been dismissed from there too

Cheating Convicts on 14:07 - Mar 28 with 2790 viewsBigKindo

Didn't Smith lose his match fee of £ 10k? Multiply that by, say 10 or 12 full tests/season plus limited overs, a test contract etc and it comes to a tidy sum. Could put one into the top 5% of bean purchasers.
Cheating Convicts on 14:50 - Mar 28 with 2757 viewskiwidale

Its not just the match fees they will lose its the full year AC contract plus their IPL contracts which alone in Smiths and Warners case over a million dollars then factor in sponsorship deals It wouldn't be outrages to suggest a figure of several million dollars for Smith with Warner not far behind for this year alone. Compounded over say the next 10 years, I cant see the sponsors being keen to associate their brand with them anytime soon, the figure could be astronomical in Smiths case.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2018 14:54]

This is not the time for bickering.

Cheating Convicts on 15:02 - Mar 28 with 2742 viewskiwidale

Cheating Convicts on 14:50 - Mar 28 by kiwidale

Its not just the match fees they will lose its the full year AC contract plus their IPL contracts which alone in Smiths and Warners case over a million dollars then factor in sponsorship deals It wouldn't be outrages to suggest a figure of several million dollars for Smith with Warner not far behind for this year alone. Compounded over say the next 10 years, I cant see the sponsors being keen to associate their brand with them anytime soon, the figure could be astronomical in Smiths case.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2018 14:54]

As more comes to light on this its becoming apparent that it was Warner who was chief instigator behind this, that's not to say others are any less culpable. The suggestion that the tape was just a means of rubbing dust onto the ball is laughable it, the tape, was used to disguise sandpaper the evidence of which is still up Bancrofts arse.

Cheating Convicts on 15:28 - Mar 28 with 2712 viewsD_Alien

Cheating Convicts on 15:02 - Mar 28 by kiwidale

As more comes to light on this its becoming apparent that it was Warner who was chief instigator behind this, that's not to say others are any less culpable. The suggestion that the tape was just a means of rubbing dust onto the ball is laughable it, the tape, was used to disguise sandpaper the evidence of which is still up Bancrofts arse.

The Aussie board stating that Warner will never again hold a leadership role in the Test team would appear to back that up, kiwi, whilst leaving wriggle room for Smith to return as captain at some stage in the future

Smith comes across as being over-eager rather than malignant, whereas Warner has form. It's Bancroft (nine month ban) who's the fall guy in all of this, desperate to retain his place in the team and seemingly picked on by Warner/Smith to do the dirty deed, the element of bullying not far from the surface

Cheating Convicts on 15:58 - Mar 28 with 2676 viewskiwidale

Cheating Convicts on 15:28 - Mar 28 by D_Alien

The Aussie board stating that Warner will never again hold a leadership role in the Test team would appear to back that up, kiwi, whilst leaving wriggle room for Smith to return as captain at some stage in the future

Smith comes across as being over-eager rather than malignant, whereas Warner has form. It's Bancroft (nine month ban) who's the fall guy in all of this, desperate to retain his place in the team and seemingly picked on by Warner/Smith to do the dirty deed, the element of bullying not far from the surface

That is pretty much as I see it D_A I have read one article with inside knowledge suggesting that Smith was not involved other than turning a blind eye to what was a Warner scheme telling Bancroft to do what he did. It seams that Warner is being revealed as the real power in the shed and as the nasty piece of work that he is as is Smith's naivety and Bancrofts stupidity. More to come on this as the unity of the team continues to fracture.

Cheating Convicts on 16:04 - Mar 28 with 2671 viewskiwidale

Cheating Convicts on 15:28 - Mar 28 by D_Alien

You raise an interesting point D_A in regards to bullying within the Aussie team. It raises once again the claim of Kevin Pietersen of a similar culture within the England team which I fully believe was the case.

Cheating Convicts on 18:07 - Mar 28 with 2579 viewsdingdangblue

Cheating Convicts on 15:58 - Mar 28 by kiwidale

That is pretty much as I see it D_A I have read one article with inside knowledge suggesting that Smith was not involved other than turning a blind eye to what was a Warner scheme telling Bancroft to do what he did. It seams that Warner is being revealed as the real power in the shed and as the nasty piece of work that he is as is Smith's naivety and Bancrofts stupidity. More to come on this as the unity of the team continues to fracture.

It still doesn't explain how on earth the bowlers didn't know what was going on ? As Darren Gough said tonight "the ball was my weapon,my livelihood and I looked at that ball every time I ran into bowl - I knew every mark on it every delivery".
[Post edited 28 Mar 2018 19:25]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Cheating Convicts on 19:09 - Mar 28 with 2547 viewsDaley_Lama

Well done Cricket Australia!

Smith banned for a year, banned from leading for 2 years
Warner banned for a year, banned from leading ever again

Bancroft did it
Warner came up with the plan, recruited Bancroft and instructed him to and how to do it
Smith was aware of the plan and did nothing to stop it

Punishment is proportionate in my mind.

Steve Smith, David Warner and Cameron Bancroft have been charged with a breach of Article 2.3.5 of the CA Code of Conduct, namely that their conduct:

(a) was contrary to the spirit of the game;
(b) was unbecoming of a representative or official;
(c) is or could be harmful to the interests of cricket; and/or
(d) did bring the game of cricket into disrepute.

In respect of the individual players concerned, Cricket Australia advises the following:

Steve Smith was charged with a breach of Article 2.3.5 of the CA Code of Conduct based on:

(a) knowledge of a potential plan to attempt to artificially alter the condition of the ball;
(b) failure to take steps to seek to prevent the development and implementation of that plan;
(c) directing that evidence of attempted tampering be concealed on the field of play;
(d) seeking to mislead Match Officials and others regarding Bancroft’s attempts to artificially alter the condition of the ball; and
(e) misleading public comments regarding the nature, extent and participants of the plan

David Warner was charged with a breach of Article 2.3.5 of the CA Code of Conduct based on:

(a) development of a plan to attempt to artificially alter the condition of the ball;
(b) instruction to a junior player to carry out a plan to take steps to attempt to artificially alter the condition of the ball using sandpaper;
(c) provision of advice to a junior player regarding how a ball could be artificially altered including demonstrating how it could be done;

(d) failure to take steps to seek to prevent the development and/or implementation of the plan;
(e) failure to report his knowledge of the plan at any time prior to or during the match;
(f) misleading Match Officials through the concealment of his knowledge of and involvement in the plan; and
(g) failure to voluntarily report his knowledge of the plan after the match

Cameron Bancroft was charged with a breach of Article 2.3.5 of the CA Code of Conduct based on:

(a) knowledge of the existence of, and being party to, the plan to attempt to artificially alter the condition of the ball using sandpaper;
(b) carrying out instructions to attempt to artificially alter the condition of the ball;
(c) seeking to conceal evidence of his attempts to artificially alter the condition of the ball;
(d) seeking to mislead Match Officials and others regarding his attempts to artificially alter the condition of the ball; and
(e) misleading public comments regarding the nature, extent, implementation and participants of the plan

Cheating Convicts on 20:01 - Mar 28 with 2509 viewsDaleiLama

A few amusing oxymorons

open secret
larger half
clearly confused
act naturally
alone together
Hell's Angels
found missing
liquid gas
civil engineer
deafening silence
seriously funny
living dead
Microsoft Works
military intelligence
jumbo shrimp
Advanced BASIC
tragic comedy
unbiased opinion
virtual reality
definite maybe
original copies
pretty ugly
same difference
plastic glasses
almost exactly
constant variable
even odds
minor crisis
extinct life
genuine imitation
exact estimate
only choice
freezer burn
free love
working holiday
rolling stop
Australian cricket's head of integrity (heard on tonight's 6 o'clock news)

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Cheating Convicts on 20:42 - Mar 28 with 2467 viewsD_Alien

Cheating Convicts on 20:01 - Mar 28 by DaleiLama

A few amusing oxymorons

open secret
larger half
clearly confused
act naturally
alone together
Hell's Angels
found missing
liquid gas
civil engineer
deafening silence
seriously funny
living dead
Microsoft Works
military intelligence
jumbo shrimp
Advanced BASIC
tragic comedy
unbiased opinion
virtual reality
definite maybe
original copies
pretty ugly
same difference
plastic glasses
almost exactly
constant variable
even odds
minor crisis
extinct life
genuine imitation
exact estimate
only choice
freezer burn
free love
working holiday
rolling stop
Australian cricket's head of integrity (heard on tonight's 6 o'clock news)

Was the latter an Aussie moron?

Cheating Convicts on 20:46 - Mar 28 with 2457 viewsDorislove

I cringed watching this.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43571509
Cheating Convicts on 21:40 - Mar 28 with 2417 viewskiwidale

Cheating Convicts on 20:46 - Mar 28 by Dorislove

I cringed watching this.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43571509

A clear case of damage control a staged press conference without the press being present, but he is right about the potential mental state of Smith Warner and Bancroft. I hope that Cricket Australia don't entirely throw them under the bus and offer the support that the players involved will need they are after all just flawed human beings like we all are, they have families caught up in this. I'm sure in their own way all of them are good guys they have not murdered anybody and are not Deli Ali.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2018 22:52]

Cheating Convicts on 00:25 - Mar 29 with 2352 viewsSandyman

Cheating Convicts on 21:40 - Mar 28 by kiwidale

A clear case of damage control a staged press conference without the press being present, but he is right about the potential mental state of Smith Warner and Bancroft. I hope that Cricket Australia don't entirely throw them under the bus and offer the support that the players involved will need they are after all just flawed human beings like we all are, they have families caught up in this. I'm sure in their own way all of them are good guys they have not murdered anybody and are not Deli Ali.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2018 22:52]

Like he cared in a humanitarian way about everyone else his cheats tried to break, thump, depress and steamroller, inciting crowd abuse towards the opposition along the way . He is a cheat and a hypocrite as are his team of cheats and they get no sympathy from me. If Australia had played the game properly and had the right attitude towards opponents, none of this would have happened. He's whimpering now because they were caught out being the thugs and cheats they are. Tough shit Lehmann. Looks like the school bullies just got battered and we're now expected to be sympathetic?
No. You reap what you sow. Don't you?
Cheating Convicts on 06:12 - Mar 29 with 2271 viewsDiddyDave

At the end of the day,it`s the game that ultimately suffers. The young kids in Australia will be bewildered at what`s gone on as the season comes to an end,little Johnny might think twice about playing again come September. It might take years for the game to recover,not helped by a whole lot of sponsorship the game will be losing and rightly so. The thing that gets me is the fact that these players just take the urine out of us especially those who pay their hard earned to actually go along to watch. But,I suppose you could that about most sport these days.
Cheating Convicts on 13:33 - Mar 29 with 2143 viewsTVOS1907

Cheating Convicts on 00:25 - Mar 29 by Sandyman

Like he cared in a humanitarian way about everyone else his cheats tried to break, thump, depress and steamroller, inciting crowd abuse towards the opposition along the way . He is a cheat and a hypocrite as are his team of cheats and they get no sympathy from me. If Australia had played the game properly and had the right attitude towards opponents, none of this would have happened. He's whimpering now because they were caught out being the thugs and cheats they are. Tough shit Lehmann. Looks like the school bullies just got battered and we're now expected to be sympathetic?
No. You reap what you sow. Don't you?

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/darren-lehmann-steps-down-resigns-australia-cric

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Cheating Convicts on 13:42 - Mar 29 with 2135 viewsSandyman

Cheating Convicts on 13:33 - Mar 29 by TVOS1907

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/darren-lehmann-steps-down-resigns-australia-cric

Heh. "My family and I have copped a lot of abuse over the last week". What, again, did you tell the Aussie crowd to do to Stuart Broad?
Oh dear, how sad, never mind.
Sandpaper schadenfreude.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024