Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldham fans 23:31 - Apr 17 with 29189 viewsanimal8

I wonder why Oldham and Bury make such a big deal of when they come to Dale .Oldham tonight singing we've taken your town ,so what ,they probably went in the regal moon .When we go to There grounds we just treat it as a normal game ,not a pissing contest .
Oldham fans on 17:49 - Apr 23 with 4134 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Oldham fans on 17:45 - Apr 23 by Plattyswrinklynuts

“There’s Biffos on the pitch!
They think it’s all over, well, it is now…”

Baffling. However unlikely, 2 goals in 11 minutes is not beyond the realms of possibility. Even 1 would have kept them alive for another week.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Oldham fans on 18:00 - Apr 23 with 4030 viewsSandyman

Obviously Oldham fans are upset, and there have been comments from frustrated fans on Radio Bolton who, fair play, have covered this as a priority tonight.
However, one proper BIFFO has been on blaming the radio Boton reporters for Oldham's demise and had a pop at Andy Ritchie! Beyond thick, unfortunately.
Oldham fans on 18:04 - Apr 23 with 3987 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

The ground sprinklers are turned on and the remaining BIFFOs disperse, the fear of a bath outweighs the passion to protest :-D
Oldham fans on 18:10 - Apr 23 with 3944 viewsNorthernDale

I feel sorry for the true Oldham fans, I agree some of the fans are 100% idiots, but most are frustrated by their horrible owners, who have run the club into the ground over the last four years. I will miss the local derby next season.

Sadly and what worries me, if Curran and Southall had managed to take over the club, we could be in the same position as Oldham. I hope to god, we managed to finally see the shysters off and keep the club fan owned and in the football league for many years to come. As one fan said on Radio Bolton, the EFL have let the fans down in respect to the owners and they are right, we have seen clubs destroyed at Bury and Macclesfield by the owners, nearly destroyed at Derby, Swindon and of course Oldham by poor owners, football needs massive reforms from finance to ownership rules, and the role of fans in running clubs.
Oldham fans on 18:20 - Apr 23 with 3853 viewsmingthemerciless

Sorry to see Oldham go down. I’ve had some happy days at Boundary Park. No derbies with Bury, no derbies with Oldham. They were within a brilliant Mark Hughes volley of the big time back in the day.
Oldham fans on 18:32 - Apr 23 with 3753 viewspioneer

Oldham fans on 18:20 - Apr 23 by mingthemerciless

Sorry to see Oldham go down. I’ve had some happy days at Boundary Park. No derbies with Bury, no derbies with Oldham. They were within a brilliant Mark Hughes volley of the big time back in the day.

me too.

I go back as far as the Jimmy McIlroy player manager days. Used to play exciting football. Got some good mayes who are latics fans (not on the pitch today) who are sufferring tonight.

Lets hope they bounce back.
Oldham fans on 18:49 - Apr 23 with 3656 viewskel

Haven’t you “lost interest in football”?
Oldham fans on 19:12 - Apr 23 with 3519 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Bizarre!
Login to get fewer ads

Oldham fans on 19:38 - Apr 23 with 3410 viewsD_Alien

Oldham fans on 19:12 - Apr 23 by Albert_Whitehurst

Bizarre!

it is, but not least since they've still got two games to play...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oldham fans on 19:49 - Apr 23 with 3349 viewsD_Alien

Oldham fans on 19:12 - Apr 23 by Albert_Whitehurst

Bizarre!

Your avatar bears a striking resemblance (no pun intended, honest, kel) to Luke Charman - see the photo in the latest podcast on the Home page

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oldham fans on 20:04 - Apr 23 with 3277 views49thseason

I said a few seasons ago , and got criticised for it, but its worth repeating at this juncture... the EFL concluded a long time ago that there were too many clubs in this region. The EFL care not a jot about individual clubs, they care about revenue. And what advertisers and sponsors want is maximum nationwide coverage not 6 clubs so close together geographically that you could throw a blanket over them. Since then Bury and Macc have folded and Oldham are now in seemingly terminal decline and the EFL hasn't raised so much as a finger to help any of them, and as we know from recent experiences, the EFL doesn't seem keen to protect any of its members from the shoals of financial sharks circulating around its football clubs.
Lower league football is being slowly milked dry by the Premiership, TV companies and the ineptitude of the EFL. Last season there were just two Premiership clubs with less turnover than the whole of L2 combined. And still they dont argue for Prem clubs to start the FA Cup at round 1 allowing more clubs to get to play a game against Prem opposition. And yet they allow Prem U23 teams to compete in what has become a completely meaningless trophy competition which grows increasingly less attractive to everyone as our squads get smaller. Whilst the idiots in blazers argue about minor rule changes and tinkering at the edges of the game, the Americans are busy building new stadia and putting excitement and brilliant customer experiences into the game we invented and gave the world.... we should have charged them for it!
Oldham fans on 20:14 - Apr 23 with 3218 viewsjonahwhereru

I remember the time there was a flawed suggestion that Dale, Bury and Oldham should band together to become one club. I said to my Dad that Dale would struggle to get a player in the squad.
Strange to think we are the only ones left in the league now. We would have been odds on to be the first to go out of the league.
It is a sad day when to local derbies have both disappeared together with the local workplace banter. And of course there but for the hard work of some massively committed fans would Dale of ended up soon enough.
Oldham fans on 20:32 - Apr 23 with 3146 viewspnc4eva1

Oldham fans on 20:14 - Apr 23 by jonahwhereru

I remember the time there was a flawed suggestion that Dale, Bury and Oldham should band together to become one club. I said to my Dad that Dale would struggle to get a player in the squad.
Strange to think we are the only ones left in the league now. We would have been odds on to be the first to go out of the league.
It is a sad day when to local derbies have both disappeared together with the local workplace banter. And of course there but for the hard work of some massively committed fans would Dale of ended up soon enough.

That was the year that Ian Stott (Oldham's chairman at the time) suggested that the three teams joined together and played at Boundary Park. I remember as i got my letter saying he was talking rubbish as Rochdale were solvent and looking like they may go somewhere. I also stated that Oldham were on the decline.

Although it is sad that Oldham have been done over by their previous chairman and the stand he build (blamed on the current chairman) there is a sense of irony. Fans all over twitter are calling sky and Gary Neville for their Premiership bias. Oldham fans forget they help to set up the greed league. Just like they seem to think they are a big club (only around 14k fans when in the Premier league) they also forget what they set up.

I have sympathy for friends and family and all other real Oldham fans. I have no sympathy for the Billy Big B*ll*cks fans who have claimed they are too big for league 2 and league 1 when they were there

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Oldham fans on 20:33 - Apr 23 with 3143 viewskel

Oldham fans on 19:49 - Apr 23 by D_Alien

Your avatar bears a striking resemblance (no pun intended, honest, kel) to Luke Charman - see the photo in the latest podcast on the Home page

I’ll have a look but my avatar is in relation to the MIGHTY Public Service Broadcasting (pipe down, Judd).
Oldham fans on 20:36 - Apr 23 with 3133 viewsmingthemerciless

Oldham fans on 18:49 - Apr 23 by kel

Haven’t you “lost interest in football”?

It doesn’t mean I can’t sympathise with fellow sportsmen and women. I’m sure you’ll understand that sentiment.
Oldham fans on 20:39 - Apr 23 with 3126 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Oldham fans on 20:32 - Apr 23 by pnc4eva1

That was the year that Ian Stott (Oldham's chairman at the time) suggested that the three teams joined together and played at Boundary Park. I remember as i got my letter saying he was talking rubbish as Rochdale were solvent and looking like they may go somewhere. I also stated that Oldham were on the decline.

Although it is sad that Oldham have been done over by their previous chairman and the stand he build (blamed on the current chairman) there is a sense of irony. Fans all over twitter are calling sky and Gary Neville for their Premiership bias. Oldham fans forget they help to set up the greed league. Just like they seem to think they are a big club (only around 14k fans when in the Premier league) they also forget what they set up.

I have sympathy for friends and family and all other real Oldham fans. I have no sympathy for the Billy Big B*ll*cks fans who have claimed they are too big for league 2 and league 1 when they were there

Didn’t Dunphy say a while back that it was a non-story, taken all out of proportion by an enthusiastic journalist.

It was the result of a speculative conversation on the train to Manchester (following a Football League Chairman’s meeting or something similar) between representatives of the 3 clubs and started with essentially a ‘what if’ etc etc. they were overheard and the story grew legs.
Oldham fans on 20:48 - Apr 23 with 3080 viewskel

Oldham fans on 20:36 - Apr 23 by mingthemerciless

It doesn’t mean I can’t sympathise with fellow sportsmen and women. I’m sure you’ll understand that sentiment.

Only if they deserve it.
Oldham fans on 22:02 - Apr 23 with 2872 viewsphilofOAFC

Oldham fans on 18:10 - Apr 23 by NorthernDale

I feel sorry for the true Oldham fans, I agree some of the fans are 100% idiots, but most are frustrated by their horrible owners, who have run the club into the ground over the last four years. I will miss the local derby next season.

Sadly and what worries me, if Curran and Southall had managed to take over the club, we could be in the same position as Oldham. I hope to god, we managed to finally see the shysters off and keep the club fan owned and in the football league for many years to come. As one fan said on Radio Bolton, the EFL have let the fans down in respect to the owners and they are right, we have seen clubs destroyed at Bury and Macclesfield by the owners, nearly destroyed at Derby, Swindon and of course Oldham by poor owners, football needs massive reforms from finance to ownership rules, and the role of fans in running clubs.

Many thanks for your sympathy Northern, I know some of our fans are idiots but the vast majority (in my experience) are decent, humble fans who love their club like you love yours. Its been a terrible time to be a Latics fan tbh, these are now the darkest days in our club's history and I am not convinced that we will survive as a club, let alone thrive in the National League. Good luck to you Daleys for the future and in particular in keeping Morton House and other unsuitable owners from your club. We have got dreadful incompetent owners in who might destroy our club completely unless we can somehow get rid of them.
In truth, compared to Mariupol and the battle that Ukrainian people are facing for survival, a footballl club's survival is nothing. Got to keep perspective in life
Oldham fans on 22:52 - Apr 23 with 2741 viewskel

Oldham fans on 22:02 - Apr 23 by philofOAFC

Many thanks for your sympathy Northern, I know some of our fans are idiots but the vast majority (in my experience) are decent, humble fans who love their club like you love yours. Its been a terrible time to be a Latics fan tbh, these are now the darkest days in our club's history and I am not convinced that we will survive as a club, let alone thrive in the National League. Good luck to you Daleys for the future and in particular in keeping Morton House and other unsuitable owners from your club. We have got dreadful incompetent owners in who might destroy our club completely unless we can somehow get rid of them.
In truth, compared to Mariupol and the battle that Ukrainian people are facing for survival, a footballl club's survival is nothing. Got to keep perspective in life

Alreet phil? I remember your previous posts on here and how decent you’ve continued to be. You’re a rarity from my experience of Oldham fans though but I hope fans like you can hopefully look forward to better times. Good luck.
Oldham fans on 23:04 - Apr 23 with 2690 viewspioneer

Oldham fans on 20:04 - Apr 23 by 49thseason

I said a few seasons ago , and got criticised for it, but its worth repeating at this juncture... the EFL concluded a long time ago that there were too many clubs in this region. The EFL care not a jot about individual clubs, they care about revenue. And what advertisers and sponsors want is maximum nationwide coverage not 6 clubs so close together geographically that you could throw a blanket over them. Since then Bury and Macc have folded and Oldham are now in seemingly terminal decline and the EFL hasn't raised so much as a finger to help any of them, and as we know from recent experiences, the EFL doesn't seem keen to protect any of its members from the shoals of financial sharks circulating around its football clubs.
Lower league football is being slowly milked dry by the Premiership, TV companies and the ineptitude of the EFL. Last season there were just two Premiership clubs with less turnover than the whole of L2 combined. And still they dont argue for Prem clubs to start the FA Cup at round 1 allowing more clubs to get to play a game against Prem opposition. And yet they allow Prem U23 teams to compete in what has become a completely meaningless trophy competition which grows increasingly less attractive to everyone as our squads get smaller. Whilst the idiots in blazers argue about minor rule changes and tinkering at the edges of the game, the Americans are busy building new stadia and putting excitement and brilliant customer experiences into the game we invented and gave the world.... we should have charged them for it!

Haveyou ever been to an MLS game?

Brilliant Customer experiences……Id take a good book with you if ever you go.

Unless of course what you are interested in is scantily clad young women prancing around in party frocks and pom poms to cover their delicate bits.

The Americans have dabbled far more in “ minor rule changes and tinkering” than other countries.

The entire nation is wedded to the McDonalds model of franchise ownership were entire clubs are bought by the richest dude (or the bloke with the cosiest deal with a large city authority) and moved from place to place without any concern for fans.

How the hell do you there us a basketball team called the Utah Jazz……its like having a team in Kent called the Gillingham Rag Puddings.

Please do not let us become more like the yanks.
Oldham fans on 23:08 - Apr 23 with 2658 viewspioneer

Oldham fans on 22:02 - Apr 23 by philofOAFC

Keep the faith, treasure your memories and never give up.

I look forward to the days a well run oldham athletic return to the league.
Oldham fans on 23:35 - Apr 23 with 2575 viewshammerdale

Oldham fans on 23:08 - Apr 23 by pioneer

Keep the faith, treasure your memories and never give up.

I look forward to the days a well run oldham athletic return to the league.

Remember vividly Dale getting beat 5-1 in the Boundary Park snow around 1963..
pretty sure we conceded 4 goals in about 15 minutes late in the second half.
Oldham fans on 01:00 - Apr 24 with 2446 viewskel

Oldham fans on 23:35 - Apr 23 by hammerdale

Remember vividly Dale getting beat 5-1 in the Boundary Park snow around 1963..
pretty sure we conceded 4 goals in about 15 minutes late in the second half.

We?
Oldham fans on 01:11 - Apr 24 with 2436 viewsSandyman

First visit to BIFFO Park was 1972. Dale lost. The Halifax rivalry felt more important at the time.

Had a memory of Oldham being celebrated for being winners of the Ford Sporting League back then, by a considerable margin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1970%E2%80%9371_in_English_football#Ford_Sporting_
Oldham fans on 03:18 - Apr 24 with 2335 viewsrichfoad32

Oldham fans on 23:04 - Apr 23 by pioneer

Haveyou ever been to an MLS game?

Brilliant Customer experiences……Id take a good book with you if ever you go.

Unless of course what you are interested in is scantily clad young women prancing around in party frocks and pom poms to cover their delicate bits.

The Americans have dabbled far more in “ minor rule changes and tinkering” than other countries.

The entire nation is wedded to the McDonalds model of franchise ownership were entire clubs are bought by the richest dude (or the bloke with the cosiest deal with a large city authority) and moved from place to place without any concern for fans.

How the hell do you there us a basketball team called the Utah Jazz……its like having a team in Kent called the Gillingham Rag Puddings.

Please do not let us become more like the yanks.

The Utah Jazz franchise was originally located in New Orleans, hence the nickname. They just didn't bother changing it after moving. Similarly with the Los Angeles Lakers not making any sense until you know they were originally from Minneapolis. What does it matter what the team name is? You're probably one of those bores who bangs on about it being called the 'World Series' when there's only 2 countries involved, yet happily embrace a 'Champions League' you can qualify for by finishing fourth.

What minor rule changes and tinkering have the 'Yanks' dabbled in by the way? Admittedly I don't really watch MLS but from what little I've seen it just looked like a normal game of football (wouldn't want to cause offence by calling it soccer), I'm intrigued.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2022 4:26]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024