Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Sunderland away 14:03 - Sep 22 with 23373 views442Dale

Subs:
4⃣ Jimmy McNulty
1⃣1⃣ Jordan Williams
1⃣6⃣ Matty Done
1⃣7⃣ David Perkins
2⃣2⃣ Brendan Moore
2⃣5⃣ Daniel Adshead
4⃣1⃣ Luke Matheson

[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 14:12]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Sunderland away on 22:00 - Sep 22 with 3264 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Sunderland away on 21:28 - Sep 22 by Dale23years

Put it in to perspective you mentioned 2 teams that are league below us ( 1 of them was in the check a trade crap cup) .

We probably got the best squad we've ever had, so do you not think we should be performing better???

To put things into perspective...
Today was our 1st pointless game away from home this season - against the promotion favourites.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Sunderland away on 22:24 - Sep 22 with 3155 viewsVivaladale

Not posted on here for a long time - Christ can we stop with the Hill out nonsense!!! The guy will be and has to be our manager for many years to come. He will continue to be successful and bring through some wonderful players we can all enjoy. He even manages to make bad seasons (as in last year) ones we will never forget.
Our games are entertaining- you never quite know what’s going to happen and every time people question Hills decisions he usually proves them wrong in the end.
The irony of people complaining today is we were playing Sunderland and are disapppinted we didn’t get anything from the game.
It’s ok to feel frustrated when we don’t quite get it right but the biggest risk to this football club is the damage negative and unrealistic supporters could do if they continue to try and undermine the amazing work Hill has done at this football club. Get behind the side and try and enjoy your football instead of trying to constantly find fault.
Match thread: Sunderland away on 22:28 - Sep 22 with 3144 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Sunderland away on 21:59 - Sep 22 by TVOS1907

I'd agree with that. It would be nice to hear more about the thought process behind him not being included.

Well, I guess he didn't want to change the starting XI (and tbf I posted "excellent" in response to the OP team lineup) and maybe he thought the game was gone at ht and then 4-0, so might as well give Adshead a run out

It's just a shame the interest brought about by Perkins return is basically wasted when games like this come along, and being an unused sub almost makes it worse

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Sunderland away on 22:36 - Sep 22 with 3111 views442Dale

Match thread: Sunderland away on 22:24 - Sep 22 by Vivaladale

Not posted on here for a long time - Christ can we stop with the Hill out nonsense!!! The guy will be and has to be our manager for many years to come. He will continue to be successful and bring through some wonderful players we can all enjoy. He even manages to make bad seasons (as in last year) ones we will never forget.
Our games are entertaining- you never quite know what’s going to happen and every time people question Hills decisions he usually proves them wrong in the end.
The irony of people complaining today is we were playing Sunderland and are disapppinted we didn’t get anything from the game.
It’s ok to feel frustrated when we don’t quite get it right but the biggest risk to this football club is the damage negative and unrealistic supporters could do if they continue to try and undermine the amazing work Hill has done at this football club. Get behind the side and try and enjoy your football instead of trying to constantly find fault.

Would argue that there are still very few who are overly negative or unrealistic. Hill will or should appreciate the valid points made by supporters.

On a different note, the Sunderland forum appears to indicate that Henderson was very lucky to escape a red for that incident with their player.

Match thread: Sunderland away on 22:47 - Sep 22 with 3081 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Sunderland away on 17:58 - Sep 22 by Ninco

As I stated in my post, I am not basing my views on one game. I never wanted Hill back in the first place.

So you didn't enjoy the three seasons where we got to the fringes of the playoffs in his second spell? We have no divine right to do that every year. Which dynamic exciting managers would you bring in on our budget to replace Keith with?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Sunderland away on 22:55 - Sep 22 with 3049 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Sunderland away on 22:47 - Sep 22 by DaleiLama

So you didn't enjoy the three seasons where we got to the fringes of the playoffs in his second spell? We have no divine right to do that every year. Which dynamic exciting managers would you bring in on our budget to replace Keith with?

At least nincompoop sorry ninco, has had the cohones to state that, unlike some of the other Hill out gang. However I would say his or her entrenched view means they haven't really given the matter much thought.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Sunderland away on 23:05 - Sep 22 with 3007 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Sunderland away on 22:55 - Sep 22 by James1980

At least nincompoop sorry ninco, has had the cohones to state that, unlike some of the other Hill out gang. However I would say his or her entrenched view means they haven't really given the matter much thought.

I can't put it any better than TVOS did so I'm pasting his comment again "After years and years of watching us struggle in the lower half of Division Four, these are halcyon days, relatively speaking, and getting so wound-up and irate over us losing to a team like Sunderland [How much do you think they are paying Cattermole] is completely losing perspective."

There is too often a myopic, knee-jerk reaction on here after a loss from some posters. Tis what it is. Can we at least let the season play out?

Match thread: Sunderland away on 23:12 - Sep 22 with 2963 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Sunderland away on 23:05 - Sep 22 by DaleiLama

I can't put it any better than TVOS did so I'm pasting his comment again "After years and years of watching us struggle in the lower half of Division Four, these are halcyon days, relatively speaking, and getting so wound-up and irate over us losing to a team like Sunderland [How much do you think they are paying Cattermole] is completely losing perspective."

There is too often a myopic, knee-jerk reaction on here after a loss from some posters. Tis what it is. Can we at least let the season play out?

I totally agree

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Sunderland away on 23:22 - Sep 22 with 2911 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Sunderland away on 23:05 - Sep 22 by DaleiLama

Some find it hard to let a game play out let alone a season!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Match thread: Sunderland away on 23:23 - Sep 22 with 2911 viewsmacro

Put it in to perspective you mentioned 2 teams that are league below us ( 1 of them was in the check a trade crap cup) .

We probably got the best squad we've ever had, so do you not think we should be performing better???

For 35 minutes today we were probably the better side and should have been ahead.

Defensive frailties strike again. Yes that is down to Hill and his coaching staff and I would like to see a Gareth griffiths o or Mark Monington type defender in the back four who is vocal but we were playing a team who had in Cattermole someone who probably is paid a week more than the entire Dale first team who played today a week.
Match thread: Sunderland away on 23:31 - Sep 22 with 2879 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Sunderland away on 23:23 - Sep 22 by macro

For 35 minutes today we were probably the better side and should have been ahead.

Defensive frailties strike again. Yes that is down to Hill and his coaching staff and I would like to see a Gareth griffiths o or Mark Monington type defender in the back four who is vocal but we were playing a team who had in Cattermole someone who probably is paid a week more than the entire Dale first team who played today a week.

I would say that sums it up. Although Catermole was less impressive than Gooch and Maja.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Sunderland away on 23:34 - Sep 22 with 2865 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Sunderland away on 23:31 - Sep 22 by fitzochris

I would say that sums it up. Although Catermole was less impressive than Gooch and Maja.

Gooch should have worn shirt number 333.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Sunderland away on 23:38 - Sep 22 with 2859 viewsDiddyDave

After the 3-0 win over Gillingham last week and the flogging of our nearest and dearest midweek,we get flogged ourselves just to make it clear that this was a stern reality check. Nothing more,nothing less.
Match thread: Sunderland away on 00:02 - Sep 23 with 2815 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Sunderland away on 23:38 - Sep 22 by DiddyDave

After the 3-0 win over Gillingham last week and the flogging of our nearest and dearest midweek,we get flogged ourselves just to make it clear that this was a stern reality check. Nothing more,nothing less.

But Gillingham weren’t poor

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Sunderland away on 00:06 - Sep 23 with 2806 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Sunderland away on 23:38 - Sep 22 by DiddyDave

Burton away,Fleetwood away,Coventry away,Scunthorpe away and Sunderland away is a difficult start in my opinion. To get 8 points from those games is more than I would have expected. It's better than our last 2 seasons starts and certainly something to build on. Onwards and upwards!

Match thread: Sunderland away on 01:17 - Sep 23 with 2724 viewsDaley_Lama

Match Report

1-0 flattered Sunderland when they scored
2-0 really flattered Sunderland when they scored
3-0... you get the gist.

I’ve seen two better teams against us this season already.

I was actually proud of most of our players today. Tough day, most didn’t throw their toys out of the pram.

I got asked by a Sunderland fan as we walked away “did you enjoy that?” In a ‘ooh, you must be overwhelmed to come to Sunderland” style.

I wasn’t, our team wasn’t and the scoreline flattered them. Sunderland were goodish at best.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Sunderland away on 07:47 - Sep 23 with 2557 viewssmaclad1

Match thread: Sunderland away on 01:17 - Sep 23 by Daley_Lama

Match Report

1-0 flattered Sunderland when they scored
2-0 really flattered Sunderland when they scored
3-0... you get the gist.

I’ve seen two better teams against us this season already.

I was actually proud of most of our players today. Tough day, most didn’t throw their toys out of the pram.

I got asked by a Sunderland fan as we walked away “did you enjoy that?” In a ‘ooh, you must be overwhelmed to come to Sunderland” style.

I wasn’t, our team wasn’t and the scoreline flattered them. Sunderland were goodish at best.

Agree that 1-0 probably did flatter Sunderland, but it did feel like the floodgates opened after that and it was a good thing halftime came when it did. Second half as the game went on they seemed faster, quicker into the challenge than us. There is a weight of expectation on them and it may be the way to beat them at home is to get a goal on the board and unsettle the crowd.

If the Sunderland fan really meant his comment that way, that billy big bollox attitude won't do them any good if they don't get promoted and the novelty of SoL wears off for away fans. I'll admit there was a bit of the tourist element in my attendance this weekend - apart from games in Devon where one of my brothers lives, my away trips tend to be more local.
Match thread: Sunderland away on 08:58 - Sep 23 with 2412 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Sunderland away on 07:47 - Sep 23 by smaclad1

Agree that 1-0 probably did flatter Sunderland, but it did feel like the floodgates opened after that and it was a good thing halftime came when it did. Second half as the game went on they seemed faster, quicker into the challenge than us. There is a weight of expectation on them and it may be the way to beat them at home is to get a goal on the board and unsettle the crowd.

If the Sunderland fan really meant his comment that way, that billy big bollox attitude won't do them any good if they don't get promoted and the novelty of SoL wears off for away fans. I'll admit there was a bit of the tourist element in my attendance this weekend - apart from games in Devon where one of my brothers lives, my away trips tend to be more local.

If their MB was in anyway representative of the fan base as a whole they were very twitchy for the first half hour+. Who knows what psychological affect a goal for Alby might have had on their fans, players and us? But if my gran had had cajones she'd be my abuelo.

Match thread: Sunderland away on 09:22 - Sep 23 with 2354 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Sunderland away on 21:12 - Sep 22 by TVOS1907

I'm struggling to comprehend how you can include Hill alongside the likes of Parkin, Coleman and Barrow.

Parkin was poached from Mansfield, by the way, and at the time was a 'really good manager', as proven by what he did in his first spell at the club.

So, who are these 'really good managers' who aren't already doing 'really good jobs' somewhere else? Which other clubs similar to us have 'gambled on a really good manager'?

'fans are paying good money to watch dross week after week'

Burton wasn't dross; Grimsby wasn't dross; Coventry wasn't dross; bury wasn't dross; last week wasn't dross.

By all means single out poor performances against the likes of Peterborough, Barnsley, Walsall and Sunderland, but at least put things into perspective.

Of the poor performances you listed, all 4 opponents are in the top 7 and we helped three of them to enjoy a GD of +10 or more, with only Walsall in single figures. We welcome unbeaten second placed Portsmouth on Saturday with a GD of +9. Another stern test for our defence when we sit at -6 GD. I wonder how Keith will set us up with this in mind. I hope we don't try to sit back and play rope-a-dope ........ don't want that GD to go even further into the negative.

Match thread: Sunderland away on 10:57 - Sep 23 with 2143 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread: Sunderland away on 00:06 - Sep 23 by dingdangblue

Burton away,Fleetwood away,Coventry away,Scunthorpe away and Sunderland away is a difficult start in my opinion. To get 8 points from those games is more than I would have expected. It's better than our last 2 seasons starts and certainly something to build on. Onwards and upwards!

I'm actually enjoying this season far more than last year already. We have had a disproportionate number of games against top 10 opposition and will play top of the league next. The Walsall game is the only one that really disappointed me because I don't think they will end up where they are now and we didn't attack until 2 down. Barnsley, Peterborough & Sunderland may have gubbed us but I saw far more desire than many games last year and at the end of the day these teams are just better and turned it on on the day. They have players who's salary will be more than our match day squad

Between the end of this month and Christmas we are going to be playing more teams in the moderate to low quality range and I expect us to do far better especially at home. I don't want to see any of that "playing not to lose" rubbish we saw last year and I hope the Gills game showed hill that attack is the best way forward. Yes we will get a few hidings from this 4 teams I have mentioned but we will get more 3 pointers too from those below and it will be better to watch too

As for Hilly -IMO Last year was his "get out of jail free" card because he messed up with poor tactics, player positions etc but deserved his chance this year based on what he had done for us in the past.

For all the "dross" claimed this season, we have more than a point a game from a tough opening, are 14th & hopefully from the Brizzle game onwards will have a run of more winnable games ( I will take anything from Pompey as an upside)
Match thread: Sunderland away on 11:18 - Sep 23 with 2072 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Sunderland away on 09:22 - Sep 23 by DaleiLama

Of the poor performances you listed, all 4 opponents are in the top 7 and we helped three of them to enjoy a GD of +10 or more, with only Walsall in single figures. We welcome unbeaten second placed Portsmouth on Saturday with a GD of +9. Another stern test for our defence when we sit at -6 GD. I wonder how Keith will set us up with this in mind. I hope we don't try to sit back and play rope-a-dope ........ don't want that GD to go even further into the negative.

It's not long since we played Portsmouth in the run in last season and we really took the game to them - without Pitman they would have lost. Take it to them again and deal with Pitman better and we have a chance.

Match thread: Sunderland away on 11:33 - Sep 23 with 2046 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Sunderland away on 11:18 - Sep 23 by dingdangblue

It's not long since we played Portsmouth in the run in last season and we really took the game to them - without Pitman they would have lost. Take it to them again and deal with Pitman better and we have a chance.

No objections here!

Match thread: Sunderland away on 12:06 - Sep 23 with 1966 views442Dale

Match thread: Sunderland away on 11:18 - Sep 23 by dingdangblue

He’s not been starting regularly this season but came on as sub and scored yesterday.

Match thread: Sunderland away on 12:15 - Sep 23 with 1951 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Sunderland away on 12:06 - Sep 23 by 442Dale

He’s not been starting regularly this season but came on as sub and scored yesterday.

He will always score goals however they utilise him - I would prefer him being on their bench next week as long as possible.

Match thread: Sunderland away on 12:23 - Sep 23 with 1940 viewssweetcorn

It’s like bloody clockwork. We lose and here you are slagging off the manager yet again, after a week of radio silence on your end.

How did you enjoy your week under a rock?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024