Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Sunderland away 14:03 - Sep 22 with 23375 views442Dale

Subs:
4⃣ Jimmy McNulty
1⃣1⃣ Jordan Williams
1⃣6⃣ Matty Done
1⃣7⃣ David Perkins
2⃣2⃣ Brendan Moore
2⃣5⃣ Daniel Adshead
4⃣1⃣ Luke Matheson

[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 14:12]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Sunderland away on 12:48 - Sep 23 with 3362 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Sunderland away on 12:23 - Sep 23 by sweetcorn

It’s like bloody clockwork. We lose and here you are slagging off the manager yet again, after a week of radio silence on your end.

How did you enjoy your week under a rock?

Which part of what I wrote is wrong then,

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread: Sunderland away on 12:49 - Sep 23 with 3362 viewsJames1980

If Perkins and Hill have fallen out why was he on the bench? Is Keith that petty he includes him as a sub and tells him but you won't get on the pitch. Perhaps he was saying you will be going on in a few minutes, haaaaaa not really and blew a raspberry in his face.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Sunderland away on 13:08 - Sep 23 with 3315 viewsNewby

SAFC fan here.

I don't normally go on opponents' fan forums but saw a link to here from our SMB.

Kudos to you guys, easy to latch on to Man U/City - instead an excellent following for your club yesterday.

Pretty fair assessment of the game too. You should have scored first in fact I think a few of you were over critical, as Rochdale looked dangerous going forward most of the game.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
Match thread: Sunderland away on 13:50 - Sep 23 with 3220 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Sunderland away on 12:49 - Sep 23 by James1980

If Perkins and Hill have fallen out why was he on the bench? Is Keith that petty he includes him as a sub and tells him but you won't get on the pitch. Perhaps he was saying you will be going on in a few minutes, haaaaaa not really and blew a raspberry in his face.

No.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Sunderland away on 14:19 - Sep 23 with 3167 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Sunderland away on 13:50 - Sep 23 by fitzochris

No.

Didn't think he was.

Match thread: Sunderland away on 15:49 - Sep 23 with 3031 viewsShun

It’s pretty crazy that our last three league games have seen 14 goals (7 scored, 7 conceded). If you include cup games then it’s 21 goals in 4 games (14 scored and 7 conceded). At least our games have progressed from some of the turgid stuff we saw last season!
Match thread: Sunderland away on 16:11 - Sep 23 with 3003 viewsaleanddale

Match thread: Sunderland away on 01:17 - Sep 23 by Daley_Lama

Match Report

1-0 flattered Sunderland when they scored
2-0 really flattered Sunderland when they scored
3-0... you get the gist.

I’ve seen two better teams against us this season already.

I was actually proud of most of our players today. Tough day, most didn’t throw their toys out of the pram.

I got asked by a Sunderland fan as we walked away “did you enjoy that?” In a ‘ooh, you must be overwhelmed to come to Sunderland” style.

I wasn’t, our team wasn’t and the scoreline flattered them. Sunderland were goodish at best.

perfect..... from Lama,

WE did IMO afford them way to much respect. The players for whatever reason looked to freeze a bit in front of 30 000 fans in a huge stadium.

No idea why that might be but looking competitive at 35 minutes was blown out of the water by some absolute schoolboy defending.

Sunderland will today think they are the best thing since sliced bread but honestly they were ok / good to middling and we just handed them 4 goals and 3 points on a silver platter.

I had a good day and love the North East its a really nice place and the people top notch. Sooooooo frustrating that we were bullied a bit.

interesting that the 5 minutes of pressure that lead to Sunderlands first started with a corner that was a goal kick ALL day long.

On wards - hopefully a reaction next Saturday.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 16:16]
Match thread: Sunderland away on 17:12 - Sep 23 with 2917 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Sunderland away on 12:23 - Sep 23 by sweetcorn

It’s like bloody clockwork. We lose and here you are slagging off the manager yet again, after a week of radio silence on your end.

How did you enjoy your week under a rock?

Still waiting for an answer

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Sunderland away on 18:29 - Sep 23 with 2817 viewsColDale

I think the team that started yesterday had earned the right to start. Had we gone a couple of weeks ago, I've no doubt we'd have gone with a back three with Big jim in there. But the past game and a half have arguably seen us play the best we have played since 2016-17.

And for all the one or two anonymous displays, it was working to perfection. We weren't great but we were marginally the better side and with Wilbraham's chance, we'd had the best chance of the first half.

But what concerns me more than individual mistakes is that we have a brittleness about us. I do think we are much improved on last year and we are a decent team at this level that should well avoid any repeats of last season's last day. But it is noticeable how often one goals turns into two and sometimes three. Going 1-0 down is not the end of the world and we've got enough about us to force chances in the second half.

I don't know if its panic, fear of a half time bóllocking or an urgency to try to cancel out the deficit straight away, but heads seem to go and three times this season already, we have a lost a game in that ten minute spell before half time. If I was an opposition manager, I'd be instilling into my team that if they score against us to then go in for the kill.
Match thread: Sunderland away on 19:09 - Sep 23 with 2758 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Sunderland away on 15:50 - Sep 22 by Dale23years

No cover for our fullbacks. Only 2 midfielders on the pitch, it's was oblivious last week tactics wasn't going to work. Cannon, lnman not even in squad is a disgrace.

Anyway back to the pub
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 15:56]

I presume you mean 'obvious'.
Seems strange you didn't voice any of your 'obvious' concerns over the team and formation when it was announced?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Sunderland away on 19:37 - Sep 23 with 2716 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Sunderland away on 19:09 - Sep 23 by dingdangblue

I presume you mean 'obvious'.
Seems strange you didn't voice any of your 'obvious' concerns over the team and formation when it was announced?

What I don't get is why someone would go to all that time, effort and expense to go to such a magnificent venue as the Stadium of Light, somewhere we might never visit again, only to throw in the towel halfway through and, allegedly, go back to the pub, only to reappear on here when Sunderland score their fourth goal and claim the manager is 'tactically clueless'.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Sunderland away on 19:53 - Sep 23 with 2680 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread: Sunderland away on 12:48 - Sep 23 by Dale23years

Which part of what I wrote is wrong then,

All of it. Every week. Every time you post.
Match thread: Sunderland away on 19:58 - Sep 23 with 2673 viewspnc4eva1

Match thread: Sunderland away on 19:37 - Sep 23 by TVOS1907

What I don't get is why someone would go to all that time, effort and expense to go to such a magnificent venue as the Stadium of Light, somewhere we might never visit again, only to throw in the towel halfway through and, allegedly, go back to the pub, only to reappear on here when Sunderland score their fourth goal and claim the manager is 'tactically clueless'.

Supporter chair arm

Rearrange

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Match thread: Sunderland away on 20:25 - Sep 23 with 2622 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Sunderland away on 19:58 - Sep 23 by pnc4eva1

Supporter chair arm

Rearrange

Oi! that's me.

This is not the time for bickering.

Match thread: Sunderland away on 23:39 - Sep 23 with 2478 viewssweetcorn

Match thread: Sunderland away on 17:12 - Sep 23 by Dale23years

Still waiting for an answer

Sorry i have a life away from a football forum, please accept my sincere apology.

Tbh no I don’t believe we should be performing better, we’ve got a mid-table squad and i believe that is how we’re performing, anyone suggesting otherwise unfortunately is wearing dale coloured glasses..

I’m still waiting for an answer to my question to you from last week, but of course you didn’t answer, as you couldnt bare to post after us actually winning a game.

You must really fooking hate football.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 23:40]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread: Sunderland away on 08:14 - Sep 24 with 2372 viewsJames1980

If you have been supporting Dale for lets say between 22 and 24 years. Wouldn't a large chunk of the time supporting be during one of the clubs most successful periods

Match thread: Sunderland away on 08:15 - Sep 24 with 2372 viewsMackemJohn

Match thread: Sunderland away on 16:11 - Sep 23 by aleanddale

perfect..... from Lama,

WE did IMO afford them way to much respect. The players for whatever reason looked to freeze a bit in front of 30 000 fans in a huge stadium.

No idea why that might be but looking competitive at 35 minutes was blown out of the water by some absolute schoolboy defending.

Sunderland will today think they are the best thing since sliced bread but honestly they were ok / good to middling and we just handed them 4 goals and 3 points on a silver platter.

I had a good day and love the North East its a really nice place and the people top notch. Sooooooo frustrating that we were bullied a bit.

interesting that the 5 minutes of pressure that lead to Sunderlands first started with a corner that was a goal kick ALL day long.

On wards - hopefully a reaction next Saturday.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 16:16]

"Sunderland will today think they are the best thing since sliced bread but honestly they were ok / good to middling and we just handed them 4 goals and 3 points on a silver platter."

We don't. The general consensus is that we're still barely out of first gear yet. We're still trying to suss out our preferred formation amd our preferred defensive line. Flannigan brought some much needed height, but there's no doubt we're still soft at the back. McGeough is still off the pace and we can't quite figure out how to fit him and Cattermole in the same team. Wyke's long term injury against Burton has left us short of strikers. Saturday was only the third game this season where we didn't go behind.

But there was a palpable excitement when. McGeady came off the bench; when fully fit he has the potential to tear up this league. Power has now served out his suspension and should add something in midfield, and soon we have Watmore due back from a year out.

It's fair to say that we'd all be disappointed if it turns out that the performance against Rochdale was the 'best we've got' this season.
Match thread: Sunderland away on 09:05 - Sep 24 with 2322 viewsScunnydale

It was my first match since Charlton (H) last season and, for what it's worth, here are some thoughts.

After a decent start, those 10mins before half time were frustrating as hell. Other than that, we looked alright on the whole.

Of course, there were some very poor performances. Raff's long been my favourite player but there's no doubting he's gone backwards in the past year. Although I did appreciate his comedy throw-in.

Camps. Wow. There was a guy behind me screaming for Hill to take him off towards the end, even though we'd made all our subs. Even so, I kind of agreed with the bloke's sentiments as we may have improved without Camps on the pitch. There's no doubt the talent's there, but the application was very much missing on Saturday (and judging from a fair few posts on here, that's not a new thing).

I'm not sure about Gillam yet, but he's still a youngster and I'd rather have him on the pitch than Wilbraham, who I'm not really sure offers anything.

Anyway, enough of the negatives, let's talk about Hart. That was a quite excellent performance: tenacious and talented. That tackle in our box near the end was exceptional. McGahey was also a standout performer.

I'll always appreciate Hendo and Calvin's efforts and they weren't wanting to leave anything on the SoL pitch.

As for Sunderland, I thought they were alright. Maguire looked pacy and caused a bit of trouble in the first half. Maja and Gooch played well, but I wish the former (at least) would learn to stay on his feet a bit more. There's no doubt he's a talent, but his ability to fall over at the slightest touch annoyed me. Perhaps that means he's easily destined for higher things?

Apart from the result, I enjoyed the trip and the SoL is a pretty good stadium.
Match thread: Sunderland away on 15:01 - Sep 24 with 2096 viewsaleanddale

Despite the result I did put it was a belting weekend - love the North East - proper premier league set up ( SOL ) - nice people and a lovely part of the world.

I really hope we get another chance next season to go back and right a few demons from Saturdays dismal 10 mins before half time.

We get one more chance at Home of course and maybe we can do better on our home turf.

Such a frustrating week after a no show like Sat.
Match thread: Sunderland away on 17:15 - Sep 24 with 1986 viewssoulboy

Match thread: Sunderland away on 17:08 - Sep 22 by Ninco

Time for Hill to go. I'm not blaming him for today's result as I never expected us to win, but I am blaming him for today's performance. What tactical awareness did we show? Why do we keep chopping and changing both the team and the position that the players play in? I'm not surprised that the players don't know where they are up to.

It's okay saying he has a 5 year contract and we will have to pay compensation to him, but in the meantime, fans are paying good money to watch dross week after week. We have never done what other clubs do and gambled on a really good manager who can possibly keep us up or even take us further. We always seem to get someone in the Hill / Parkin / Coleman / Barrow style which clearly isn't working. If we keep doing the same things, we will keep getting the same results. It's time to try something new before it's too late and all that work gets wasted by Hill and his merrymen taking us down.

Here we go again "time for Hill to go". To be replaced by who exactly?
Match thread: Sunderland away on 18:48 - Sep 24 with 1912 viewsColDale

Match thread: Sunderland away on 15:01 - Sep 24 by aleanddale

Despite the result I did put it was a belting weekend - love the North East - proper premier league set up ( SOL ) - nice people and a lovely part of the world.

I really hope we get another chance next season to go back and right a few demons from Saturdays dismal 10 mins before half time.

We get one more chance at Home of course and maybe we can do better on our home turf.

Such a frustrating week after a no show like Sat.

Can only agree. Great city. Not somewhere I've ever been before but for a big place, everywhere seemed within walking distance in the city centre. Some great pubs. Locals were great, tho like Lama I'm sure I got asked 2 or 3 times if I enjoyed it. Perhaps its just their way of asking.
Match thread: Sunderland away on 19:06 - Sep 24 with 1894 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Sunderland away on 17:15 - Sep 24 by soulboy

Here we go again "time for Hill to go". To be replaced by who exactly?

Asked the same question Saturday night. At the very least you'll have time to make a cup of tea before your question is answered. Maybe even to get the missus to bake a cake to go with it!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Sunderland away on 20:11 - Sep 24 with 1815 views49thseason

IN-PLAY STATUS (total) per match
Avg. min. leading 23.6 min.
Avg. min. level 26.7 min.
Avg. min. trailing 39.8 min.

GOALS PER 15 MIN. (total)
0-15 GF 2 GA 1

16-30 GF 3 GA 3

31-45 GF 0 GA 8

46-60 GF 3 GA 3

61-75 GF 3 GA 3

76-90 GF 3 GA 2

1st H GF 5 36% GA 12 60%

2nd H GF 9 64% GA 8 40%

The 15 minute period from 31 mins to halftime has seen us concede 8 goals, 40% of all goals conceded.
Soccerstats
https://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england3&stats=22-rochdale
Match thread: Sunderland away on 09:42 - Sep 25 with 1548 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread: Sunderland away on 20:11 - Sep 24 by 49thseason

IN-PLAY STATUS (total) per match
Avg. min. leading 23.6 min.
Avg. min. level 26.7 min.
Avg. min. trailing 39.8 min.

GOALS PER 15 MIN. (total)
0-15 GF 2 GA 1

16-30 GF 3 GA 3

31-45 GF 0 GA 8

46-60 GF 3 GA 3

61-75 GF 3 GA 3

76-90 GF 3 GA 2

1st H GF 5 36% GA 12 60%

2nd H GF 9 64% GA 8 40%

The 15 minute period from 31 mins to halftime has seen us concede 8 goals, 40% of all goals conceded.
Soccerstats
https://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england3&stats=22-rochdale

Perhaps they lose concentration because they are thinking about a nice cuppa and some oranges at HT ?
Match thread: Sunderland away on 17:56 - Sep 25 with 1326 viewsEllDale

Strange in a way because last year it was the closing stages of the second half that we seemed to concede most of our goals, not towards the end of the first 45 minutes.
I'm concerned that we seem all of a sudden to be letting in quick salvos of goals.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024