Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? 18:52 - Sep 25 with 4469 viewsJames1980

Apologies for a Premier League thread. Is Derby's lowest points tally for a top flight team at risk this season? If not this one will it be beaten within say the next 5?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 19:30 - Sep 25 with 3798 viewsboromat

There's every chance as the English leagues and clubs are becoming more and more financially divided however in recent season's we've had several championship clubs go up and do well which give me hope. Always loved an underdog 😂.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 22:29 - Sep 25 with 3629 viewsDaleiLama

Entertaining match featuring Derby tonight, including a goal from a wonderful free kick from them.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/11508739/wilsons-magnificent-freekick

Icing on the cake was a great penalty shoot out. Then Phil Jones took one.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 23:21 - Sep 25 with 3565 viewsJames1980

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 22:29 - Sep 25 by DaleiLama

Entertaining match featuring Derby tonight, including a goal from a wonderful free kick from them.

I hadn't even considered tonight's game when putting the op. Yes a very entertaining game this evening

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 23:36 - Sep 25 with 3546 viewsdingdangblue

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 22:29 - Sep 25 by DaleiLama

That's a wonderful free kick!
Superb goal also from England's future - Phil Foden of Man City.
Phil Foden on his first City goal:

"It's hard to put into words, it hasn't fully sunk in. I've dreamed of this moment, growing up as a City supporter. It's a moment I'll never forget."

https://mobile.twitter.com/julius_riemann/status/1044706034642833408?ref_src=tws

2 special passes and a lovely goal
https://www.skysports.com/football/oxford-utd-vs-man-city/401818
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 0:13]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 07:53 - Sep 26 with 3358 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Although often derided, I quite enjoy the League Cup. As it’s not high on most teams’ agendas, Premiership and Championship teams often play fringe and youth players and just go for it. The end result is that a decent game of football often breaks out. As a game, the Derby and United match last night was really exciting. Same with the Bristol City games versus both United and City last season.
Yes, it’s not the Champions or Europa League, but I would rather watch that last night than Champions League group games or Arsenal v Dynamo Kalashnikov in Europa League group g(d) with only another 64 ties to go before the final.
It’s a simple little knock out trophy, and it’s got three handles.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 09:31 - Sep 26 with 3252 viewsDaleiLama

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 07:53 - Sep 26 by BigDaveMyCock

Although often derided, I quite enjoy the League Cup. As it’s not high on most teams’ agendas, Premiership and Championship teams often play fringe and youth players and just go for it. The end result is that a decent game of football often breaks out. As a game, the Derby and United match last night was really exciting. Same with the Bristol City games versus both United and City last season.
Yes, it’s not the Champions or Europa League, but I would rather watch that last night than Champions League group games or Arsenal v Dynamo Kalashnikov in Europa League group g(d) with only another 64 ties to go before the final.
It’s a simple little knock out trophy, and it’s got three handles.

Nail on the head in that last sentence. Knock-out trophy. Europa and Champions Leagues are what it says on the tin, and the immediacy of sudden death only kicks in later on.

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 10:33 - Sep 26 with 3187 viewsYorkshire_Dale

It will be interesting what teams Liverpool V Chelsea go with tonight.....guess both want to keep the pressure on the Prem but this is silverware for Managers to shout about?
Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 10:52 - Sep 26 with 3172 viewsdingdangblue

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 09:31 - Sep 26 by DaleiLama

Nail on the head in that last sentence. Knock-out trophy. Europa and Champions Leagues are what it says on the tin, and the immediacy of sudden death only kicks in later on.

Straight to penalties works too - with no extra time. No one wants an extra 30 mins play in the league cup.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Login to get fewer ads

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 10:59 - Sep 26 with 3161 viewsDaleiLama

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 10:52 - Sep 26 by dingdangblue

Straight to penalties works too - with no extra time. No one wants an extra 30 mins play in the league cup.

Definitely - I hadn't realised that change until last night - I'd paused the game as I was on the phone, then there was no extra time!

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 11:29 - Sep 26 with 3138 viewsD_Alien

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 10:59 - Sep 26 by DaleiLama

Definitely - I hadn't realised that change until last night - I'd paused the game as I was on the phone, then there was no extra time!

I've started pausing every game at the start, and at half time, so I can skip through the bits where players are time-wasting

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 11:43 - Sep 26 with 3120 viewspioneer

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 09:31 - Sep 26 by DaleiLama

only kicks in in the final....until then all two legs so death is not sudden. Always was the beauty of the english cups. It hard enough to get giant killing in a single game but when the big boys have at least two chances the romance starts to erode.
Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 12:46 - Sep 26 with 3045 viewsrochdale_ranger

On another note will mourinho last until crimbo.
Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 15:08 - Sep 26 with 2937 viewsDaleiLama

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 11:29 - Sep 26 by D_Alien

I've started pausing every game at the start, and at half time, so I can skip through the bits where players are time-wasting

I record everything now and watch later. Can't do with adverts at all and by the time you've taken free kicks, throw-ins, substitutions, corners, injuries, goal kicks, repeats, pundits etc etc out, it's amazing how short a game really is. I've got watching an NFL game down to about 45 mins now from 3 hours. As for dramas - try watching the number of times A. N. Other gets into a car, drives, then pulls up somewhere and gets out. T.V progs are full of filler. Don't even get me started on "catching up" or "next time". My mission is to eradicate all filler when the box is squawking at me.

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 15:09 - Sep 26 with 2929 viewsDaleiLama

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 12:46 - Sep 26 by rochdale_ranger

On another note will mourinho last until crimbo.

On a possibly linked note, will his hairline last til Chrimbo? (looked very thin last night unless this spotlights came off a lighthouse)

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 17:22 - Sep 26 with 2832 viewsdingdangblue

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 15:09 - Sep 26 by DaleiLama

On a possibly linked note, will his hairline last til Chrimbo? (looked very thin last night unless this spotlights came off a lighthouse)

Baldy Mourinho!

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 18:48 - Sep 26 with 2756 viewsD_Alien

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 15:08 - Sep 26 by DaleiLama

I record everything now and watch later. Can't do with adverts at all and by the time you've taken free kicks, throw-ins, substitutions, corners, injuries, goal kicks, repeats, pundits etc etc out, it's amazing how short a game really is. I've got watching an NFL game down to about 45 mins now from 3 hours. As for dramas - try watching the number of times A. N. Other gets into a car, drives, then pulls up somewhere and gets out. T.V progs are full of filler. Don't even get me started on "catching up" or "next time". My mission is to eradicate all filler when the box is squawking at me.

Sounds about right

Time is a precious commodity, and fun can be had with the remote in editing other people's idea of 'entertainment' into your own!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 20:51 - Sep 26 with 2636 viewsDaleiLama

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 17:22 - Sep 26 by dingdangblue

Baldy Mourinho!

Baldy Mourinho out?

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 21:03 - Sep 26 with 2618 viewsrochdale_ranger

Rolling Stones and oasis records out. Volume on the commentary down. Bottle of cider(s) out. Perfect way to watch premier league and cut out the gobshitery of the sky sports punditry team. Apart from souness I like him.
Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 03:20 - Sep 27 with 2483 viewspioneer

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 15:08 - Sep 26 by DaleiLama

How do you manage NFL in 45 mins - the game is 60 mins playing time (clock stopped when out of play) so you must be missing some playing time.

I went to a Buffalo Bills game several years ago where an electrical storm cut power to the stadium so couldn't be televised. The referee on the field had to take control of the game clock. No TV time outs etc. Game was over in 90 mins (including between quarter breaks) instead of the usual 3 hours.
Unfortunately TV pays the bills and in the North America it means you dont have adverts on the shirts.
Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 07:35 - Sep 27 with 2432 viewsisitme

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 03:20 - Sep 27 by pioneer

How do you manage NFL in 45 mins - the game is 60 mins playing time (clock stopped when out of play) so you must be missing some playing time.

I went to a Buffalo Bills game several years ago where an electrical storm cut power to the stadium so couldn't be televised. The referee on the field had to take control of the game clock. No TV time outs etc. Game was over in 90 mins (including between quarter breaks) instead of the usual 3 hours.
Unfortunately TV pays the bills and in the North America it means you dont have adverts on the shirts.

I can get through a game in about an hour. I fast forward all the breaks in play and start watching just before the ball is snapped. In effect I only watch the plays and the odd reply. On game pass there are 30 minute versions of last weekend's games available from midweek which cuts out all the fluff, so to speak.
Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 07:59 - Sep 27 with 2410 viewsDaleiLama

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 03:20 - Sep 27 by pioneer

The clock stops when the ball is out of play or a forced timeout, but still runs for the rest of the plays during the huddle, and adjustments at the line, so they don't actually "play" for 60 minutes. There are usually about 150 plays/game. I watch a play til whistled dead, then x12 to the next snap. I do occasionally miss the snap but only go back if the play was exceptional. I don't watch FG or XP tries anymore and FF to the catch on KOs and punts. At HT I advance the Sky counter +15.

If the Fins are on, I watch at normal speed. The Pats offensive series are x30 regardless, cos I hate watching them score (so this season has been a good one so far). If a game looks to be dead, it also gets the x30 treatment. With 5 games/week (6 in December) it's just too much.

Speaking of games with odd timings, I managed to stream the Fins game on the hotel balcony in Crete in week 1. I went to bed at 1am when I saw a weather report but it lasted 7 hours 10 mins (3:10am local time) due to two horrendous storms and the risk of lightning strikes (over 1000 apparently within 5 miles of stadium but only 1 within 1 mile).

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 09:23 - Sep 27 with 2356 viewsdingdangblue

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 07:59 - Sep 27 by DaleiLama

The clock stops when the ball is out of play or a forced timeout, but still runs for the rest of the plays during the huddle, and adjustments at the line, so they don't actually "play" for 60 minutes. There are usually about 150 plays/game. I watch a play til whistled dead, then x12 to the next snap. I do occasionally miss the snap but only go back if the play was exceptional. I don't watch FG or XP tries anymore and FF to the catch on KOs and punts. At HT I advance the Sky counter +15.

If the Fins are on, I watch at normal speed. The Pats offensive series are x30 regardless, cos I hate watching them score (so this season has been a good one so far). If a game looks to be dead, it also gets the x30 treatment. With 5 games/week (6 in December) it's just too much.

Speaking of games with odd timings, I managed to stream the Fins game on the hotel balcony in Crete in week 1. I went to bed at 1am when I saw a weather report but it lasted 7 hours 10 mins (3:10am local time) due to two horrendous storms and the risk of lightning strikes (over 1000 apparently within 5 miles of stadium but only 1 within 1 mile).

The other good way of missing the boring bits in NFL is watching something else. 😉

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 13:51 - Sep 27 with 2260 viewsDaleiLama

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 09:23 - Sep 27 by dingdangblue

The other good way of missing the boring bits in NFL is watching something else. 😉

May you receive nothing but season tickets for Bury as Christmas presents. Blasphemy!

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 18:19 - Sep 27 with 2142 viewsmoth5368

This thread has taken an interesting turn. Does anyone know approximately how much infield play we normally get in a 90min football match? I’m guessing about 60 minutes if you remove subs, time taken for free kicks etc.e
Edit, just googled it and for prem sides last year was about 56 mins average.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2018 18:22]
Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 22:24 - Sep 27 with 2043 viewsJames1980

Is Derby's unenviable record at risk? on 18:19 - Sep 27 by moth5368

This thread has taken an interesting turn. Does anyone know approximately how much infield play we normally get in a 90min football match? I’m guessing about 60 minutes if you remove subs, time taken for free kicks etc.e
Edit, just googled it and for prem sides last year was about 56 mins average.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2018 18:22]

Considering it was about whether a team will get lower than 11 points in the Premier League, it is quite a tangent. However it is interesting how a thread can develop.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024