Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Bruce out on his arse 16:28 - Oct 3 with 8621 viewsJigsore

that's unfortunate, quite fancied our chances against his ragtag bunch again this season.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 22:06 - Oct 3 with 2387 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 21:31 - Oct 3 by Northernr

Bosh makes a point worthy of attention, about how he handled that horrible situation last year where he lost both his parents at the same time. That's an evil thing to happen to a person. I lost my dad 20 years ago and I'm still not over it, to lose both parents at once is unimaginable. In my experience they made me go straight back to school, preached how important it was to "get back to normality", kept going on about how important my fcking GCSEs were, when in actual fact I needed some time off and it just built bitterness and resentment making me go and sit in a sht school with sht people while feeling sht. Carrying on with a stressful job like football manager while dealing with that must be near impossible, and he was very dignified through the whole thing. Probably, in a way, good that he's been sacked, he can go and have a proper break and a rest.

However...

If you actually assess the job he's done there from a football point of view, it's on a Redknapp level of appalling. He's been allowed to spend £12m on a striker three times - Scott Hogan can't get fit and is stuck to the bench, Ross McCormack can't get out of his own garden, and Jonathan Kodija is in and out. £36m later they're still reliant on loaning in Lewis Grabban last year and Tammy Abraham this. And he's allowed to do that, despite wasting all that money. We spunked one £2m load on Connor Washington and that was it, money gambled, no more strikers for you.

He let's Nathan Baker, good Championship centre back out of their youth team, go to Bristol City for nothing moaning about FFP. He does it to create room for Big Racist John, who spends half the week at Chelsea, and Chris Samba, who's fcking rubbish. When they're both clearly done and released at the end of the season he starts moaning about not having enough centre backs, while Baker gets into the League Cup semi-final at Bristol City.

He has Albert Adomah as his POTY, tries to bomb him out on deadline day, fails, and benches him. He's allowed to sign Yannick Bolasie, a winger Everton paid £25m for, and he doesn't know what to do with him, so he's on the bench. He bankrupts the club once, misses promotion doing it, gets kept on by another rich owner who lets him spend a whole load more money, and they're still crap.

He's got Grealish, Bolasie, Adomah, Kodija, Hogan, Abraham, Hourihane, Lansbury and Green to pick from - all bar Grealish he's signed - and he can't win games at Championship level, against teams like us, Rotherham, Preston, Reading and so on. All the while keeps trotting out nonsense about how hard his job is, how nobody else would want it, how badly done to he's been, how few options he's got.

He's taken the absolute pis there.

First of all, hope you're ok many moons later but still....

Second of all....nah, please revert to 'first of all'.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 22:08 - Oct 3 with 2387 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 21:31 - Oct 3 by Northernr

Bosh makes a point worthy of attention, about how he handled that horrible situation last year where he lost both his parents at the same time. That's an evil thing to happen to a person. I lost my dad 20 years ago and I'm still not over it, to lose both parents at once is unimaginable. In my experience they made me go straight back to school, preached how important it was to "get back to normality", kept going on about how important my fcking GCSEs were, when in actual fact I needed some time off and it just built bitterness and resentment making me go and sit in a sht school with sht people while feeling sht. Carrying on with a stressful job like football manager while dealing with that must be near impossible, and he was very dignified through the whole thing. Probably, in a way, good that he's been sacked, he can go and have a proper break and a rest.

However...

If you actually assess the job he's done there from a football point of view, it's on a Redknapp level of appalling. He's been allowed to spend £12m on a striker three times - Scott Hogan can't get fit and is stuck to the bench, Ross McCormack can't get out of his own garden, and Jonathan Kodija is in and out. £36m later they're still reliant on loaning in Lewis Grabban last year and Tammy Abraham this. And he's allowed to do that, despite wasting all that money. We spunked one £2m load on Connor Washington and that was it, money gambled, no more strikers for you.

He let's Nathan Baker, good Championship centre back out of their youth team, go to Bristol City for nothing moaning about FFP. He does it to create room for Big Racist John, who spends half the week at Chelsea, and Chris Samba, who's fcking rubbish. When they're both clearly done and released at the end of the season he starts moaning about not having enough centre backs, while Baker gets into the League Cup semi-final at Bristol City.

He has Albert Adomah as his POTY, tries to bomb him out on deadline day, fails, and benches him. He's allowed to sign Yannick Bolasie, a winger Everton paid £25m for, and he doesn't know what to do with him, so he's on the bench. He bankrupts the club once, misses promotion doing it, gets kept on by another rich owner who lets him spend a whole load more money, and they're still crap.

He's got Grealish, Bolasie, Adomah, Kodija, Hogan, Abraham, Hourihane, Lansbury and Green to pick from - all bar Grealish he's signed - and he can't win games at Championship level, against teams like us, Rotherham, Preston, Reading and so on. All the while keeps trotting out nonsense about how hard his job is, how nobody else would want it, how badly done to he's been, how few options he's got.

He's taken the absolute pis there.

I had absolutely no idea about his parents. Fair play to him.

I hope we all realise that out in football forum world there was probably 23 other forums saying similer things about us in 2014/15.
Steve Bruce out on his arse on 22:50 - Oct 3 with 2306 viewsHunterhoop

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 21:30 - Oct 3 by aston_hoop

Go on then...

https://www.balls.ie/football/steve-bruce-novel-293169

Good man. Thank you! Still makes me laugh out loud.
Steve Bruce out on his arse on 23:47 - Oct 3 with 2236 viewsJigsore

i agree with Clive's post and would only add you could argue he deserves sacking for loaning out Tommy Elphick and playing Jedinak at CB alone. that's a ridiculously top heavy squad created with no clear idea whatsoever.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 11:03 - Oct 4 with 1909 viewsDorse

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 17:31 - Oct 3 by hopphoops

... of his "Striker" saga please god.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/152278/page:1
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 17:38]

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/230503/bruce--man

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 16:19 - Oct 4 with 1749 viewsHantsR

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 20:51 - Oct 3 by PeterHucker

Apparently the cabbage thing was just the latest incident.
Previously someone threw the upper part of a lettuce at him.
That was just the tip of the iceberg.

However, the cabbage thing made me wonder how someone is able to take a cabbage with them into a football match without arousing some sort of suspicion. Our security can be quite thorough before we go through the turnstiles. trying to remember the most stupid thing I've taken into a ground?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2018 17:49]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024