Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread 14:15 - Dec 22 with 20323 viewsSaxonDale

https://mobile.twitter.com/officiallydale/status/1076480933245698049

As an interesting aside Southend have an interview with Powell after their team news is announced clearing up any decisions.

Main talking points-

Lillis dropped
No McGahey
No Cannon
[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 14:21]
Match Thread on 17:56 - Dec 22 with 3616 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread on 17:53 - Dec 22 by MoonyDale

I don't mind people taking the biscuit as long as it's one of those fookin horrible Bourbon ones....Now if it's a Coconut cream or a lovely chocolate digestive then they can go whistle....Don't forget to return the pants though...Freshly laundered and ironed. Do people iron their pants? Hmmmmm.

Agree about Bourbon creams - that filling is probably the result of someone being massaged with both barrels...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread on 18:02 - Dec 22 with 3568 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread on 17:56 - Dec 22 by foreverhopefulDale

What a shame that after such a wonderful away win at one of our bogey teams, we have to read mundane, childish rubbish, on here from posters having a go at each other. Any chance, they could have their own thread on here, while we can read about the theme of this thread, THE MATCH?????

I agree, and very much hope that the miserable gets who post their bile mid-match whilst we're 1-0 up will just leave off in future

Match Thread on 18:07 - Dec 22 with 3510 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Match Thread on 18:02 - Dec 22 by D_Alien

I agree, and very much hope that the miserable gets who post their bile mid-match whilst we're 1-0 up will just leave off in future

But would you not agree that you yourself has been guilty of being part of the argy bargy?

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Match Thread on 18:12 - Dec 22 with 3472 viewsforeverhopefulDale

This is brilliant

https://mobile.twitter.com/officiallydale/status/1076521884806721536

Match Thread on 18:19 - Dec 22 with 3434 viewsDaleFan7

Match Thread on 18:02 - Dec 22 by D_Alien

One person really riles you up that much?
Match Thread on 19:06 - Dec 22 with 3230 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread on 17:53 - Dec 22 by MoonyDale

I don't mind people taking the biscuit as long as it's one of those fookin horrible Bourbon ones....Now if it's a Coconut cream or a lovely chocolate digestive then they can go whistle....Don't forget to return the pants though...Freshly laundered and ironed. Do people iron their pants? Hmmmmm.

With you there Moony - God had no right authorising Bourbons. Where do you stand on a very crunchy ginger nut. Delish.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread on 19:14 - Dec 22 with 3184 viewsMoonyDale

Match Thread on 19:06 - Dec 22 by DaleiLama

With you there Moony - God had no right authorising Bourbons. Where do you stand on a very crunchy ginger nut. Delish.

Gotta love a Ginger nut, proper biskwit that is....I am just about to partake of a small plate of assorted bikkies with the obligatory piping hot brew for a bit of dunking....Bliss.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Match Thread on 19:20 - Dec 22 with 3161 viewskiwidale

Match Thread on 19:06 - Dec 22 by DaleiLama

There is no ifs or buts about it, ginger nuts are shit until dunked. A minimum 3 seconds is required, more than 5 they turn shit again that's if you can rescue them from your cup of tea spoiling both biscuit and brew. A final word if you are one of them that dunks in coffee? I don't want to talk to you.

This is not the time for bickering.

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread on 19:38 - Dec 22 with 3078 viewsD_Dale

Apols for adding a post about the match on the match thread:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11589485/southend-1-2-roch

Makes it appear to have been a close game.
Match Thread on 19:40 - Dec 22 with 3066 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread on 19:14 - Dec 22 by MoonyDale

Gotta love a Ginger nut, proper biskwit that is....I am just about to partake of a small plate of assorted bikkies with the obligatory piping hot brew for a bit of dunking....Bliss.

Dunk got sent off ....again.
Match Thread on 19:52 - Dec 22 with 3002 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread on 19:14 - Dec 22 by MoonyDale

I've moved to a nice wine. I prefer it to a good whine.

Match Thread on 19:57 - Dec 22 with 2971 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread on 19:38 - Dec 22 by D_Dale

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11589485/southend-1-2-roch

Belting goal from JW11. Good to see Hendo rounding up the team to give him plaudits. That will hopefully do his confidence a power of good.

Match Thread on 20:16 - Dec 22 with 2909 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Match Thread on 19:38 - Dec 22 by D_Dale

Yes thanks for that. Good to have a posting about the match.

Match Thread on 20:19 - Dec 22 with 2895 viewsrich_dale

Good team performance today, not seen a goal celebrated like that for ages, by fans and players. A week in football is a long time.
Match Thread on 20:34 - Dec 22 with 2829 viewsjonahwhereru

A real battling performance that was.

Nobody wanted the Dale to win this more than me, over 30 years is a long wait for a win at my local ground.

Thought we kept the ball much better in the Wimbledon game than we did here. Neither team showed much quality today but we ground it out, and again finished stronger than the opposition when playing away.

Their equaliser was the type of near post flick on to the back post that teams have been using for years, because if you get that first touch it is always difficult to defend.

I think we needed Calvin on earlier to ease the pressure. But all’s well that ends well.

I’ll take the win for sure, but really thought it was honours even.

Honourable mentions:

Williams 8 - thought he did really well today
Henderson - always looking to press and cause the defenders issues
Camps - his most influential performance I have seen for some time (couple with the goal could this be a turning point for his season)
Rathbone - I just love his zest for playing
Perkins - literally scrapped for everything when he came on

I will be very disappointed if Rochdale continue to join the race to the bottom of the gamesmanship table. Hill’s book over the substitution was well deserved. There is game management but we’re were bad today in the gamesmanship department. We are better than that.

Finally lovely touch post match when Calvin held the young boy who was with Calvin’s father. Excuse my ignorance but was it Calvin son?

Up the Dale
Match Thread on 20:56 - Dec 22 with 2729 viewsChaffRAFC

Played well fiest half and should have been a couple of goals to the good, easily the better side. Then second half we came out a completely different team and were awful. We couldn't keep the ball and were absolutely under the cosh. Was blatantly obviously Perkins was going to come on and try and give us control of the middle again but he didn't, for all the chasing and scrapping, we still couldn't get the ball down and play and all too predictably we conceded from a set piece. Thankfully Camps got on the end of a rare second half breakaway and gave us the winner.

Incredible scenes in the away end.

Agree about Calvin needing to come on earlier and ive no idea why Kgosi came on for Rafferty.

Stood there at the club this morning from 7am wondering what the hell we were doing boarding a bus with just 10 fans on it but the decision turned out to be a belter!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread on 21:11 - Dec 22 with 2637 viewssuffolkdale

Agree the post match analysis from those who were there. For all the debate over selection the team played well in the first half and deserved to be at least 1-0 up. Second half same story as AFC Wimbledon and the inevitable goal, and then back to the first half supremacy and a great goal - just reward for our efforts.
Southend were a pale shadow of some of the teams we have faced at Roots Hall before and for once we displayed admirable 'professionalism' seeing the game out.
All in all a great result and deservedly joyous celebrations. Even an appearance on Radio 5 Live to celebrate the result!
Match Thread on 21:18 - Dec 22 with 2604 viewsJames1980

Match Thread on 20:56 - Dec 22 by ChaffRAFC

Played well fiest half and should have been a couple of goals to the good, easily the better side. Then second half we came out a completely different team and were awful. We couldn't keep the ball and were absolutely under the cosh. Was blatantly obviously Perkins was going to come on and try and give us control of the middle again but he didn't, for all the chasing and scrapping, we still couldn't get the ball down and play and all too predictably we conceded from a set piece. Thankfully Camps got on the end of a rare second half breakaway and gave us the winner.

Incredible scenes in the away end.

Agree about Calvin needing to come on earlier and ive no idea why Kgosi came on for Rafferty.

Stood there at the club this morning from 7am wondering what the hell we were doing boarding a bus with just 10 fans on it but the decision turned out to be a belter!

Wish I had blown it in at work now. The game against Peterborough had the hairs on the back of my neck standing up with the whole stand chanting KHBA for 20 plus mins. Sounds like this game would have been similar

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread on 21:22 - Dec 22 with 2588 viewsBingoballs

Match Thread on 17:56 - Dec 22 by foreverhopefulDale

What a shame that after such a wonderful away win at one of our bogey teams, we have to read mundane, childish rubbish, on here from posters having a go at each other. Any chance, they could have their own thread on here, while we can read about the theme of this thread, THE MATCH?????

Probably the best post I've read on here for months, when the posts become personal and abusive i just switch off.
Match Thread on 21:56 - Dec 22 with 2454 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread on 21:22 - Dec 22 by Bingoballs

Probably the best post I've read on here for months, when the posts become personal and abusive i just switch off.

That's entirely your prerogative, but why would anyone take the slightest bit of notice of someone who'd refer to that post as the best they've read in months?

There's some great stuff on here at times, just take it in your stride (did someone mention strides?)

[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 22:00]

Match Thread on 22:08 - Dec 22 with 2406 viewsJames1980

Match Thread on 21:56 - Dec 22 by D_Alien

That's entirely your prerogative, but why would anyone take the slightest bit of notice of someone who'd refer to that post as the best they've read in months?

There's some great stuff on here at times, just take it in your stride (did someone mention strides?)

[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 22:00]

Who is there on the 29th and in The Sandy here?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread on 07:34 - Dec 23 with 2003 viewssmaclad1

Well done to the team for a wonderful result yesterday.

Well done to all the supporters there yesterday, especially the 80 or so who made the trek down from oop north - I'm assuming that a reasonable number of exiles were there yesterday? Last Saturday before Christmas is always a pain in the proverbial for getting to the match whether it is home or away - so tied up with family yesterday it was late evening before I even found the result!

Thanks to those posters who did attend giving us their match reports.

Well done to those posters who, each in their own unique style, take a stand against negativity and who receive abuse in return.

I just hope that this result really is a turning point for our season and that we don't have to wait another five or six games for another win. We've had too many false dawns this season where a win has been seen as turning the proverbial corner … and then it's turned out not to be. Two big home matches now coming up - let's hope we can push on this time.
Match Thread on 07:59 - Dec 23 with 1959 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread on 07:34 - Dec 23 by smaclad1

Well done to the team for a wonderful result yesterday.

Well done to all the supporters there yesterday, especially the 80 or so who made the trek down from oop north - I'm assuming that a reasonable number of exiles were there yesterday? Last Saturday before Christmas is always a pain in the proverbial for getting to the match whether it is home or away - so tied up with family yesterday it was late evening before I even found the result!

Thanks to those posters who did attend giving us their match reports.

Well done to those posters who, each in their own unique style, take a stand against negativity and who receive abuse in return.

I just hope that this result really is a turning point for our season and that we don't have to wait another five or six games for another win. We've had too many false dawns this season where a win has been seen as turning the proverbial corner … and then it's turned out not to be. Two big home matches now coming up - let's hope we can push on this time.

Well said, on all counts

It's appreciated

Match Thread on 08:12 - Dec 23 with 1930 views1907

A great day out was had

I don’t think any of us there will ever forget the scenes after Camps glanced that header in.
Match Thread on 08:36 - Dec 23 with 1877 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread on 08:12 - Dec 23 by 1907

A great day out was had

I don’t think any of us there will ever forget the scenes after Camps glanced that header in.

Woke up this morning with two battered shins after falling over the seats in front after Camps goal (luckily it didn't make the highlights). Payback for Southend's goal in injury time to beat us a couple of years ago, felt so deflated after that game.

Can't really add anything to other reports from people who were there. Thought Delaney had a good game and MJ alongside him was steady, whether he's the long term solution should McGahey (as rumoured) be off, I don't know. No idea why Raff was subbed unless it was an injury. Adshead has a touch of class about him and is gonna be a goodun but understandably drifts out of the game too much for me at the moment when we're under the cosh. I will hold my hands up and admit to not being convinced by Jordan Williams at all but there's no doubting his effort and work rate and he took his goal well yesterday. I hope he kicks on and continues to prove me wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024