Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Police presence? 16:21 - Dec 29 with 17292 viewsCanaDale

Where exactly were the police after the second goal, flares and missiles being tossed between fans, plastic wannabe hard “men” from both fans, not a pubic hair between them, but someone could have been seriously injured, tinpot.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 16:25]
Police presence? on 17:05 - Dec 29 with 9192 viewsDalenet

We needed to pull the floodlights and get it abandoned. Awful game and some awful Yorkshire morans in their crowd. Not a bad following though and very vocal
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 17:11]
Police presence? on 17:09 - Dec 29 with 9160 viewsjustanillusion

Asked the police i passed at FT outside of stadium on Willbutts Lane exactly same question , they told me a desicion was made by Rochdale to have no police inside of stadum during match, only outside, they asked me to feed back to club.
Disgraceful scenes after second goal (and for the next half hour!), stewards incapable of restoring order, lucky if no one injured with flares being thrown between stands, throwback to the 70's.
Police presence? on 17:14 - Dec 29 with 9101 viewsdawlishdale

We may well get into trouble for this, and rightly so. Surely the Dale fans in the TDS should have been moved into the spaces behind the goal by the completely useless stewards? At least 20 minutes of mindless missile chucking between two sets of idiots.

GSO and CEO will undoubtedly be under pressure to explain why there were no police inside the ground.
Police presence? on 17:15 - Dec 29 with 9094 viewsCanaDale

Police presence? on 17:09 - Dec 29 by justanillusion

Asked the police i passed at FT outside of stadium on Willbutts Lane exactly same question , they told me a desicion was made by Rochdale to have no police inside of stadum during match, only outside, they asked me to feed back to club.
Disgraceful scenes after second goal (and for the next half hour!), stewards incapable of restoring order, lucky if no one injured with flares being thrown between stands, throwback to the 70's.

I noticed one Bradford fan getting hit by a smoke bomb, or whatever it was, hope he’s okay.
Police presence? on 17:22 - Dec 29 with 9024 viewsTomRAFC

We had similar scenes against Doncaster earlier in the season, when there were police inside the ground. They did nothing.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Police presence? on 17:25 - Dec 29 with 8986 views442Dale

The following was the response from the then CEO to the Trust (other fans received similar responses) after the problems at the Doncaster game. There is a necessity for the club (and the Trust) to follow this up with a statement on today and an explanation of any decisions made/comments by police.

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2018/10/6383/

Can the Trust confirm this will occur, otherwise it makes the progress made in terms of a response previously appear to have little substance.

Let’s not get it wrong, fans who are idiots should never be excused, the blame lies firmly with an individual when they choose how to behave, but what could we have done better and what changes will happen in the future?
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 17:28]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Police presence? on 17:37 - Dec 29 with 8878 viewsmightydale

Police presence? on 17:15 - Dec 29 by CanaDale

I noticed one Bradford fan getting hit by a smoke bomb, or whatever it was, hope he’s okay.

They started it pal they deserve everything they get , maybe ask how the 10 year old kid is who had blood streaming for his face, and his sister crying her eyes out,

Hiding behide police lines after game shows what they are really like

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Police presence? on 17:50 - Dec 29 with 8752 viewsThacks_Rabbits

You need help!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

Police presence? on 18:03 - Dec 29 with 8605 viewsblackdogblue

Police presence? on 17:50 - Dec 29 by Thacks_Rabbits

You need help!!!!

Really???

Tool u are, if one had hit your kid u would be up in arms

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Police presence? on 18:06 - Dec 29 with 8568 viewsThacks_Rabbits

What sort of excuse of a human are you to even bring that up. Something that happened over 30 years ago, killed many innocent people, awful tragedy.

I hope if any Bradford fans are reading this they understand your comments are those of a dickhead, not those of normal Rochdale fans.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Police presence? on 18:17 - Dec 29 with 8450 viewsrochdale_ranger

Police presence? on 17:50 - Dec 29 by Thacks_Rabbits

You need help!!!!

Why what was said?
Police presence? on 18:23 - Dec 29 with 8376 viewsCanaDale

Police presence? on 18:17 - Dec 29 by rochdale_ranger

Why what was said?

Rightfully deleted, not worth talking about anymore.
Police presence? on 19:20 - Dec 29 with 8083 viewsjudd

Talking to a police officer of higher rank, he thinks there will be an enquiry as to why the club did not employ officers inside the ground. Maximising income streams at the risk of endangering paying customers?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Police presence? on 19:34 - Dec 29 with 8012 viewsRAFCBLUE

Police presence? on 17:25 - Dec 29 by 442Dale

The following was the response from the then CEO to the Trust (other fans received similar responses) after the problems at the Doncaster game. There is a necessity for the club (and the Trust) to follow this up with a statement on today and an explanation of any decisions made/comments by police.

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2018/10/6383/

Can the Trust confirm this will occur, otherwise it makes the progress made in terms of a response previously appear to have little substance.

Let’s not get it wrong, fans who are idiots should never be excused, the blame lies firmly with an individual when they choose how to behave, but what could we have done better and what changes will happen in the future?
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 17:28]

Don't we bring it on ourselves though with the "profit maximisation" objective of the away end?

Surely the simple thing to do is to:

1) Net off the last 8 seats on every row in the Wilbutts between the Wilbutts and the Pearl Street
2) Net off the last 2 seats on every row in the Pearl Street on the Wilbutts side
3) Enforce a sit in your seat policy (as virtually every other club I visit does)

We don't do any of these three things and every time we have an issue we still don't do any of these things.

The only difficult game to steward between now and May is Sunderland. That needs some planning or the same thing will happen as happened today.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Police presence? on 19:37 - Dec 29 with 7985 viewsjudd

Police presence? on 19:34 - Dec 29 by RAFCBLUE

Don't we bring it on ourselves though with the "profit maximisation" objective of the away end?

Surely the simple thing to do is to:

1) Net off the last 8 seats on every row in the Wilbutts between the Wilbutts and the Pearl Street
2) Net off the last 2 seats on every row in the Pearl Street on the Wilbutts side
3) Enforce a sit in your seat policy (as virtually every other club I visit does)

We don't do any of these three things and every time we have an issue we still don't do any of these things.

The only difficult game to steward between now and May is Sunderland. That needs some planning or the same thing will happen as happened today.

Well said, but I expect without a firm hand on the tiller then short term profit will be the goal.

Police presence? on 19:41 - Dec 29 with 7961 viewssmaclad1

I suspect a fairly relaxed approach was adopted to this game given Bradford's lowly league position. However, two very recent wins and the nature of the Sunderland result all of a sudden raised the stakes for Bradford. With the Christmas period there was little if any opportunity to change ticketing/admission arrangements and to make the match all ticket for away fans. If a late change to all ticket for away supporters had been made we would have had Bradford fans all over the ground. Given Bradford's recent form some contingency planning should have occurred. Does anyone at the club keep an eye out for these sort of changing circumstances?
Police presence? on 19:42 - Dec 29 with 7955 viewsRAFCBLUE

Police presence? on 19:37 - Dec 29 by judd

Well said, but I expect without a firm hand on the tiller then short term profit will be the goal.

There doesn't need to be a firm hand on the tiller to organise the ground in a safe and proper way.

We have a Safety Officer, I believe. Certainly listed here - https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/club/whos-who/

We can manage, a token based system for drinks into the Radcliffe at half time.

We can't manage a similar based capacity exercise for selling tickets and sitting in seats 200 metres away.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Police presence? on 19:46 - Dec 29 with 7915 viewsjudd

Police presence? on 19:42 - Dec 29 by RAFCBLUE

There doesn't need to be a firm hand on the tiller to organise the ground in a safe and proper way.

We have a Safety Officer, I believe. Certainly listed here - https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/club/whos-who/

We can manage, a token based system for drinks into the Radcliffe at half time.

We can't manage a similar based capacity exercise for selling tickets and sitting in seats 200 metres away.

We do need a firm hand on the tiller. We really do.

Police presence? on 20:01 - Dec 29 with 7826 viewsD_Alien

Police presence? on 19:46 - Dec 29 by judd

We do need a firm hand on the tiller. We really do.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Police presence? on 20:03 - Dec 29 with 7806 viewsjudd

Police presence? on 20:01 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

Stop being a dick.

Police presence? on 20:04 - Dec 29 with 7789 viewsD_Alien

Police presence? on 20:03 - Dec 29 by judd

Stop being a dick.

I thought you'd want something to do with your firm hand, apart from the obvious?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Police presence? on 20:07 - Dec 29 with 7763 views442Dale

Hopefully this thread doesn’t go off-track as there are some serious questions that need answers and nobody should have to witness what went on today. Those answers need to be forthcoming to ensure that supporters are fully aware of what went wrong and what will be done about it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Police presence? on 20:10 - Dec 29 with 7730 viewsjudd

Police presence? on 20:07 - Dec 29 by 442Dale

Hopefully this thread doesn’t go off-track as there are some serious questions that need answers and nobody should have to witness what went on today. Those answers need to be forthcoming to ensure that supporters are fully aware of what went wrong and what will be done about it.

Exactly. Those of us with children in the vicinity having to witness those scenes and the potential clashes outside may take exception to prattish attempts at pathetic comedic diversion. Especially from those one handed masters of the art.

Police presence? on 20:11 - Dec 29 with 7726 viewsrochdaleriddler

Police presence? on 20:07 - Dec 29 by 442Dale

Many threads go off track due to a desire to be ‘witty’

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Police presence? on 20:14 - Dec 29 with 7700 viewsblackdogblue

Police presence? on 18:06 - Dec 29 by Thacks_Rabbits

What sort of excuse of a human are you to even bring that up. Something that happened over 30 years ago, killed many innocent people, awful tragedy.

I hope if any Bradford fans are reading this they understand your comments are those of a dickhead, not those of normal Rochdale fans.

Off track & apolgies to all other forum members for this..

Throwing flares in the Pearl Street you are condoning? There are kids in the FAMILY STAND

U are a W&anker & should be BANNED from posting on this FANS site...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024