Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes 08:17 - Jan 2 with 8707 viewsRAFCBLUE

Assuming the current squad is all fit, and retained, what is our current best 11 (and subs) with a formation that suits them?

For me:

4-1-3-2

Lillis
Rafferty, McGahey, Delaney, Hart,
Rathbone
Camps, MJ Williams, Jordan Williams
Henderson Done

Subs:
Moore
McNulty
Dooley
Inman
Adshead
Andrew
Morley

This makes surplus to requirements:
Norman
Kosi
Clough
Thompson
Perkins
WIlbraham

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 17:08 - Jan 2 with 2056 viewsCanadaDale

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 16:06 - Jan 2 by nicknick

Hart has been told he will not play again after falling out with KH.
Camps has had a massive fall out with CB
Rafferty has been told his contract is not going to be renewed.
McGahey will go this month, either Scunny or elsewhere
Kosi will stay as he is a decent player
Wibraham and Perkins need to go ( shocking decision to bring them in)

Where have you got any of this information from?
If you think Kosi is a decent player, then look at the amount of games he’s started over the last 12 months and I’d say the manager obviously doesn’t think so.
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 17:11 - Jan 2 with 2034 viewsbigness2017

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 16:43 - Jan 2 by richfoad32

Yeah, that one threw me as well. Is that Hill or the poster who's (allegedly) saying that?

Lillis
Rafferty, McGahey, Delaney, Hart,
Rathbone
Camps, MJ Williams, Jordan Williams
Henderson Andrew
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 17:13 - Jan 2 with 2027 viewsfitzochris

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 17:08 - Jan 2 by CanadaDale

Where have you got any of this information from?
If you think Kosi is a decent player, then look at the amount of games he’s started over the last 12 months and I’d say the manager obviously doesn’t think so.

I don’t know who this chap is, nor agree with his appraisal of Kgosi necessarily, but his info has definitely come from within the club.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 17:16 - Jan 2 with 1999 viewsDaleFan7

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 16:15 - Jan 2 by richfoad32

Then why is Hart still here?

Hart has gone back to Blackburn. Moore to America and Cannon to Portsmouth.
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 17:18 - Jan 2 with 1985 viewsrichfoad32

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 17:13 - Jan 2 by fitzochris

I don’t know who this chap is, nor agree with his appraisal of Kgosi necessarily, but his info has definitely come from within the club.

It appears he was right about Hart anyway.
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 17:21 - Jan 2 with 1956 viewsfitzochris

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 17:18 - Jan 2 by richfoad32

It appears he was right about Hart anyway.

He’s right about all of it.

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 17:28 - Jan 2 with 1927 viewsrichfoad32

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 17:21 - Jan 2 by fitzochris

Isn't it a bit early to be telling Rafferty he's not being retained? Of course it could be an added incentive for him to try and 'put himself in the shop window' over the rest of the season but it could easily go the other way and he could just phone his performances in? That's always assuming he's picked of course (or not on his way out sooner).
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 17:32 - Jan 2 with 1888 viewsD_Alien

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 17:21 - Jan 2 by fitzochris

I hope he's right about Camps having "a massive fallout with CB" (Chris Beech), although i'd characterise it differently

I sincerely hope that as a former midfielder, Beech has told Camps in no uncertain terms that if he wants a longer term career in league football he'll bloody well have to shap himself (as Lancastrians used to say)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 17:38 - Jan 2 with 1854 viewsEllDale

What are the odds on Rafferty finishing up at Accy if the stories are true?
It's less than two years since we were euphoric about him signing a new contract when he looked set to move on.
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 18:18 - Jan 2 with 1791 viewsnicknick

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 17:28 - Jan 2 by richfoad32

Isn't it a bit early to be telling Rafferty he's not being retained? Of course it could be an added incentive for him to try and 'put himself in the shop window' over the rest of the season but it could easily go the other way and he could just phone his performances in? That's always assuming he's picked of course (or not on his way out sooner).

Joes dad sits in the main stand and likes to give out little bits. Joe was told 3 weeks ago
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 18:22 - Jan 2 with 1773 viewsSaxonDale

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 18:18 - Jan 2 by nicknick

Joes dad sits in the main stand and likes to give out little bits. Joe was told 3 weeks ago

To be fair releasing Raff at the end of the season would have been the right decision in my opinion, his career has stagnated, if not gone back, since he last signed his contract. Unless it was an attempt by Hilly to force him out by January though I can’t see the benefits of telling him so early. I can understand loanees coming in and having issues with the staff due to personality reasons, but it’s concerning that it sounds like several players who’ve probably played 1000 combined games for Rochdale have fallen out with Hilly and Beech.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 18:26]
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 18:23 - Jan 2 with 1758 viewssweetcorn

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:34 - Jan 2 by rochdale_ranger

The fatty Davis brigade have turned into the fatty camps brigade. I hope you have all opened a line of correspondence with the club via the medium of letter writing in your hunt to find out why young master camps has put a bit of timber on.

He’s shite no matter what his weight is..
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 18:28]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 18:27 - Jan 2 with 1738 viewsRAFCBLUE

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 16:06 - Jan 2 by nicknick

Hart has been told he will not play again after falling out with KH.
Camps has had a massive fall out with CB
Rafferty has been told his contract is not going to be renewed.
McGahey will go this month, either Scunny or elsewhere
Kosi will stay as he is a decent player
Wibraham and Perkins need to go ( shocking decision to bring them in)

Six predictions, from this new correspondent, to watch with interest.

1 out of 6 correct so far.

Hart was our best left back available.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 18:48 - Jan 2 with 1699 viewsfitzochris

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 18:27 - Jan 2 by RAFCBLUE

Six predictions, from this new correspondent, to watch with interest.

1 out of 6 correct so far.

Hart was our best left back available.

To be fair, he has only made three predictions about departures.

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 19:05 - Jan 2 with 1642 viewsRAFCBLUE

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 18:48 - Jan 2 by fitzochris

All of those players could go this month.

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 19:09 - Jan 2 with 1620 viewsfitzochris

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 19:05 - Jan 2 by RAFCBLUE

All of those players could go this month.

Yes, they could, but he only said for certain that McGahey would be going this month and that Rafferty would be going in the summer. Hart not playing for us again could be reasonably taken as a January exit too (as transpired). Camps getting a bollocking doesn’t equate to him leaving and the rest is comment.

It does tally with what others have heard, mind you.

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 20:13 - Jan 2 with 1517 viewsRAFCBLUE

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 19:09 - Jan 2 by fitzochris

Yes, they could, but he only said for certain that McGahey would be going this month and that Rafferty would be going in the summer. Hart not playing for us again could be reasonably taken as a January exit too (as transpired). Camps getting a bollocking doesn’t equate to him leaving and the rest is comment.

It does tally with what others have heard, mind you.

You could read it a different way:

Hart is out of contract at Blackburn in June 2019. He'll be 23 then having moved from Liverpool youth. If he's playing he will get a chance to get a contract either back at Blackburn or elsewhere. He's not playing at Rochdale.

Camps has had a massive fall out with CB which followed him signing a contract to 2018 and then an extended contract to 2020 with a release clause in it. If our valuation is met he can go; with our blessing.

Rafferty has been told his contract is not going to be renewed. He's a free agent in the Summer and can move for free. Over 200 appearance in League One and Two he can listen to offers now.

McGahey is contracted to June 2020. He has 18 months left; we would take a good price for him if our valuation is met.

Kosi - out of contract in June 2019. Not a League 1 player for me but can be touted around as one.

Wibraham and Perkins need to go - we will see if they can be moved on. I have my doubts for Wilbraham who is out of contract in the Summer.

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 20:15 - Jan 2 with 1507 viewsfitzochris

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 20:13 - Jan 2 by RAFCBLUE

You could read it a different way:

Hart is out of contract at Blackburn in June 2019. He'll be 23 then having moved from Liverpool youth. If he's playing he will get a chance to get a contract either back at Blackburn or elsewhere. He's not playing at Rochdale.

Camps has had a massive fall out with CB which followed him signing a contract to 2018 and then an extended contract to 2020 with a release clause in it. If our valuation is met he can go; with our blessing.

Rafferty has been told his contract is not going to be renewed. He's a free agent in the Summer and can move for free. Over 200 appearance in League One and Two he can listen to offers now.

McGahey is contracted to June 2020. He has 18 months left; we would take a good price for him if our valuation is met.

Kosi - out of contract in June 2019. Not a League 1 player for me but can be touted around as one.

Wibraham and Perkins need to go - we will see if they can be moved on. I have my doubts for Wilbraham who is out of contract in the Summer.

Aye, but that’s not what he said.

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 20:21 - Jan 2 with 1479 viewsnicknick

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 18:48 - Jan 2 by fitzochris

hart had an option to buy but after the fallout has decided to back to Blackburn. He will be out again before the end of the month on a permanent or loan to buy...
Camps nearly went to Rotherham in the summer but KH wanted to keep him. It’s all changed now.
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 20:47 - Jan 2 with 1399 viewsSuddenLad

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 20:21 - Jan 2 by nicknick

hart had an option to buy but after the fallout has decided to back to Blackburn. He will be out again before the end of the month on a permanent or loan to buy...
Camps nearly went to Rotherham in the summer but KH wanted to keep him. It’s all changed now.

To be fair, I was told was that Sam Hart would be a permanent deal after his loan deal expired (yesterday). Now he's gone back to Blackburn, which is our loss.

Funny how quickly things can unravel........

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 20:56 - Jan 2 with 1358 views49thseason

Whilst we seem to be in the mood for cutting out the dead wood, it's time Steve Collis was shown the door too.
As a goalkeeping coach, he has been as useful as a chocolate fireguard: Diba didn't improve, Lillis hasn't improved, Moore doesn't seem to have improved, Logan got worse. And apparently, Brad Wade isn't pulling up trees. There are probably lots of kids in the Academy capable of sending in a few crosses pre-match for Lillis or A N Other to try and catch.
If Collis can't improve them what's the point of having a goalkeeping coach? I'm pretty sure Neil Edwards didn't have one or Keith Welch and they did OK.
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 20:57 - Jan 2 with 1341 viewsfitzochris

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 20:56 - Jan 2 by 49thseason

Whilst we seem to be in the mood for cutting out the dead wood, it's time Steve Collis was shown the door too.
As a goalkeeping coach, he has been as useful as a chocolate fireguard: Diba didn't improve, Lillis hasn't improved, Moore doesn't seem to have improved, Logan got worse. And apparently, Brad Wade isn't pulling up trees. There are probably lots of kids in the Academy capable of sending in a few crosses pre-match for Lillis or A N Other to try and catch.
If Collis can't improve them what's the point of having a goalkeeping coach? I'm pretty sure Neil Edwards didn't have one or Keith Welch and they did OK.

A coach was drafted in on occasion to work with Edwards and Gilks, I know that much.

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 21:00 - Jan 2 with 1322 viewsnicknick

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 20:56 - Jan 2 by 49thseason

That would save us money, don’t know how much though. Jack the Kitman is also surplus but only because he is being hounded out..
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 21:12 - Jan 2 with 1264 views49thseason

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 20:57 - Jan 2 by fitzochris

A coach was drafted in on occasion to work with Edwards and Gilks, I know that much.

Well better that than having one contracted. What else does he do? Inflate the balls?
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 22:07 - Jan 2 with 1135 viewsNafelad

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 21:12 - Jan 2 by 49thseason

Well better that than having one contracted. What else does he do? Inflate the balls?

Would that be to help them jump , to catch the ball from crosses into the box?

Topcat

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024