Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes 08:17 - Jan 2 with 8708 viewsRAFCBLUE

Assuming the current squad is all fit, and retained, what is our current best 11 (and subs) with a formation that suits them?

For me:

4-1-3-2

Lillis
Rafferty, McGahey, Delaney, Hart,
Rathbone
Camps, MJ Williams, Jordan Williams
Henderson Done

Subs:
Moore
McNulty
Dooley
Inman
Adshead
Andrew
Morley

This makes surplus to requirements:
Norman
Kosi
Clough
Thompson
Perkins
WIlbraham

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 22:10 - Jan 2 with 1992 viewsD_Alien

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 21:12 - Jan 2 by 49thseason

Well better that than having one contracted. What else does he do? Inflate the balls?

Brews up, then "serves the biscuits"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 22:10 - Jan 2 with 1977 viewsTVOS1907

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 22:10 - Jan 2 by D_Alien

Brews up, then "serves the biscuits"

Ginger nuts?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 22:15 - Jan 2 with 1940 viewsMoonyDale

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 21:00 - Jan 2 by nicknick

That would save us money, don’t know how much though. Jack the Kitman is also surplus but only because he is being hounded out..

Jack the kitman is being hounded out? WTF, what would that achieve ? You still need a kitman/woman who will need paying so no saving there.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 22:15 - Jan 2 with 1939 viewsD_Alien

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 22:10 - Jan 2 by TVOS1907

Ginger nuts?

Yep, with dipping volleys

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 22:24 - Jan 2 with 1881 viewsdalenumber2

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 22:15 - Jan 2 by MoonyDale

Jack the kitman is being hounded out? WTF, what would that achieve ? You still need a kitman/woman who will need paying so no saving there.....

He's not the kit man any more, someone else has that job now. Haven't they moved Jack into some role to do with player welfare? Is he being edged out?
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 22:25]
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 22:32 - Jan 2 with 1847 viewsjudd

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 22:24 - Jan 2 by dalenumber2

He's not the kit man any more, someone else has that job now. Haven't they moved Jack into some role to do with player welfare? Is he being edged out?
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 22:25]

Player Welfare Officer I think was the job title in RAFCBLUE's link of yesterday

Poll: What is it to be then?

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 23:30 - Jan 2 with 1763 viewsHopwoodblue

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 22:32 - Jan 2 by judd

Player Welfare Officer I think was the job title in RAFCBLUE's link of yesterday

He'll be a busy man at the moment then if all these posts are to be believed they must be queuing up at his door every morning.

For what it's worth my option is I hope this whole sorry mess gets cleared up quickly I honestly can't see Keith being able to stay now if even half of these posts are true.
I think we maybe at the start of a new era at Dale within the next few days.
And let's be honest the club comes first before any individual. No matter what they've done for our club no one is bigger than the club its self.
Thanks for all you done Keith it's been one hell of a ride on both occasions but maybe we need to look elsewhere to progress or even just keep our league one status.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 23:32]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 00:01 - Jan 3 with 1699 viewsYorkshire_Dale

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:40 - Jan 2 by fitzochris

And yet you love the tittle tattle.

I can’t speak for anyone else but the vast majority of “tittle tattle” I hear, as far as transfers go, doesn’t actually come from within the club, so dry your eyes.

I don't "love" the tittle tattle.... I do however question it and it's sources.

As Col says chinese whispers afoot everywhere?
Login to get fewer ads

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 00:05 - Jan 3 with 1692 viewsfitzochris

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 00:01 - Jan 3 by Yorkshire_Dale

I don't "love" the tittle tattle.... I do however question it and it's sources.

As Col says chinese whispers afoot everywhere?

You’re quick to quote the boxing when it suits you. How’d you hear about that? Oh yes, my “tittle tattle”.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 08:26 - Jan 3 with 1511 viewsnicknick

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 22:32 - Jan 2 by judd

He was off sick and the lad from Oldham was brought in. Jack was told that his Job had gone but he could be player Liaison. He is now not allowed on the bench during games or allowed to travel with the players. A very poor way to treat a loyal servant of the club who was very poorly at the time.
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 08:31 - Jan 3 with 1506 viewsDaleiLama

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 08:26 - Jan 3 by nicknick

He was off sick and the lad from Oldham was brought in. Jack was told that his Job had gone but he could be player Liaison. He is now not allowed on the bench during games or allowed to travel with the players. A very poor way to treat a loyal servant of the club who was very poorly at the time.

It sounds like Team Rochdale has ceased to be.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 08:48 - Jan 3 with 1467 viewsDaleFan7

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 08:31 - Jan 3 by DaleiLama

It sounds like Team Rochdale has ceased to be.

Has it ever really been there?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 8:49]
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 08:52 - Jan 3 with 1452 viewsscarrow

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 08:26 - Jan 3 by nicknick

Or the fact that he was off sick long term and couldn't cope with the rigours of the job anymore. He was then given the new role so he was still involved. You're coming across as a right stirrer nicknick

Poll: Final position

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 08:58 - Jan 3 with 1444 viewsnordenblue

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 08:52 - Jan 3 by scarrow

Or the fact that he was off sick long term and couldn't cope with the rigours of the job anymore. He was then given the new role so he was still involved. You're coming across as a right stirrer nicknick

Or maybe just nearer to the truth than most would like to admit
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 09:07 - Jan 3 with 1428 viewsnicknick

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 08:52 - Jan 3 by scarrow

I'm coming across as a concerned fan, season ticket holder and someone who does not want OUR club to become something like the Giggle Lane lot.. A lot of the decisions being made are due to KH being untouchable and its not the way Rochdale AFC run...
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 09:42 - Jan 3 with 1376 viewssmaclad1

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 09:07 - Jan 3 by nicknick

I'm coming across as a concerned fan, season ticket holder and someone who does not want OUR club to become something like the Giggle Lane lot.. A lot of the decisions being made are due to KH being untouchable and its not the way Rochdale AFC run...

Whether you or Nordenblue like it or not, the club has a duty of care to employees and others involved at the club. I'm not in the know about Jack's health, his operation etc as referred to on here, but I'm assuming the club could have taken the view that Jack was no longer up to it on health related capability grounds and shown him the door. They haven't done - he's still around and still involved, albeit in a different capacity.
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 09:58 - Jan 3 with 1334 viewsDickster

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 09:07 - Jan 3 by nicknick

Can you give an example?
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 10:33 - Jan 3 with 1231 viewsYorkshire_Dale

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 17:21 - Jan 2 by fitzochris

He’s right about all of it.

It sounds like YOU are the one that loves the tittle tattle, not me.

Dissecting Nick Nick's postings with a nit comb.
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 10:47 - Jan 3 with 1182 viewsD_Alien

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 08:48 - Jan 3 by DaleFan7

Has it ever really been there?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 8:49]

Only in the sense of a convenient fiction

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 11:38 - Jan 3 with 1070 viewsnordenblue

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 09:42 - Jan 3 by smaclad1

Whether you or Nordenblue like it or not, the club has a duty of care to employees and others involved at the club. I'm not in the know about Jack's health, his operation etc as referred to on here, but I'm assuming the club could have taken the view that Jack was no longer up to it on health related capability grounds and shown him the door. They haven't done - he's still around and still involved, albeit in a different capacity.

Before you get your knickers in a twist,I know nothing about Jack the kitman other than he's "changed" roles, unless you can point me to where I've even mentioned Jack?

Not sure why certain posters are getting so annoyed by how the information has come out from the club, I'd personally like to know the true picture before I make a choice where to plough my money as a supporter every bloody weekend thanks.

While we're on about a duty of care,the effort/contempt shown to a certain former chairman who's ploughed God knows how much of his own time not to mention no doubt financially is nothing short of disgusting, that's some fooking care for you....
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:10 - Jan 3 with 959 viewsnordenblue

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 21:00 - Jan 2 by nicknick

That would save us money, don’t know how much though. Jack the Kitman is also surplus but only because he is being hounded out..

You have a pm
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 15:20 - Jan 3 with 819 viewssmaclad1

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 11:38 - Jan 3 by nordenblue

Before you get your knickers in a twist,I know nothing about Jack the kitman other than he's "changed" roles, unless you can point me to where I've even mentioned Jack?

Not sure why certain posters are getting so annoyed by how the information has come out from the club, I'd personally like to know the true picture before I make a choice where to plough my money as a supporter every bloody weekend thanks.

While we're on about a duty of care,the effort/contempt shown to a certain former chairman who's ploughed God knows how much of his own time not to mention no doubt financially is nothing short of disgusting, that's some fooking care for you....

Replying to scarrow you said that nicknick was nearer to the truth. On another thread your going on about club employees being treated disgracefully. Don't come over all innocent because you're not actually giving names. You're on a wind up and stirring it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024