Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans boycott 21:11 - Feb 23 with 14266 viewsrochdaleriddler

Should we all stop going to Home games while Hill is still in charge?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Fans boycott on 00:12 - Feb 24 with 2208 viewsFrog

Fans boycott on 22:28 - Feb 23 by rochdaleriddler

Kerplunk

Is that the sound of us dropping out of L1?
Fans boycott on 00:19 - Feb 24 with 2195 viewsTomRAFC

Fans boycott on 22:28 - Feb 23 by rochdaleriddler

Kerplunk

You mean a game where the person who wants to win loses their marbles?

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Fans boycott on 00:33 - Feb 24 with 2171 viewssweetcorn

To think you had the audacity to talk about “true fans” in the other thread and then you’re talking about a boycott, you couldn’t make it up.

I support the team regardless of who’s playing, in charge, etc. The idea of a boycott is ridiculous.

Put down the glass, I think you’ve had too many.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Fans boycott on 00:43 - Feb 24 with 2153 viewsdingdangblue

No!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fans boycott on 08:19 - Feb 24 with 2057 viewsrochdaleriddler

Fans boycott on 00:33 - Feb 24 by sweetcorn

To think you had the audacity to talk about “true fans” in the other thread and then you’re talking about a boycott, you couldn’t make it up.

I support the team regardless of who’s playing, in charge, etc. The idea of a boycott is ridiculous.

Put down the glass, I think you’ve had too many.

I Support the team no matter who etc, I’ve been to less away games this season than normal though. I cannot see why people are still supporting Hill. I asked the question should we boycott games, and everyone has said no. So maybe it’s time for the old fashioned Hill out chants, after we have cheered shipping 4 goals again I suppose

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Fans boycott on 09:05 - Feb 24 with 2006 viewsNinco

I don't think Hill will keep us up, but supposing they got rid of him and brought in someone new, and that person, using Hill's players also failed to keep us up, would you be happy with that person managing us in league 2 or would you resent them for not keeping us up?

Personally I think we are doomed whoever manages us for the rest of the season. I think the only thing that could have saved us would have been using that last transfer window to strengthen the squad. I don't think they did strengthen it, and to some extent, I think they damaged what we had by selling so many players.

To me, there is a lack of experience on the board of directors, and I have no confidence in them. I don't think they know how to fix this, but I hope they prove me wrong.
Fans boycott on 10:08 - Feb 24 with 1922 viewselectricblue

"Should we all stop going to Home games while Hill is still in charge?"
Crazy...
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 10:09]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Fans boycott on 10:08 - Feb 24 with 1921 viewsborntogo

Make it clear - no true Dale fan wants to boycott matches. If, however, this is necessary to make a (very important) point and, in the long-term, possibly save the club or improve the club significantly, so be it. This is not disloyalty, but its exact opposite.

Extreme circumstances require extreme responses.

As to going to the game and then protesting - this will invoke a hostile reaction from the pro-Hills who, much like the man himself, hold no truck with dissent or an alternative viewpoint. Most people don't like to row or fight, especially with supposed brethren.
Login to get fewer ads

Fans boycott on 10:14 - Feb 24 with 1903 viewsTomRAFC

If people want Hill out then it needs to be expressed outside of the Internet echo chamber. It's silly to expect a change no one has expressed the need for.

The sad reality is there may be some Hill out chants from an audible amount of the fans in the near future. No one wants it to have come to that, but it probably has.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Fans boycott on 10:42 - Feb 24 with 1859 viewskiwidale

Fans boycott on 10:14 - Feb 24 by TomRAFC

If people want Hill out then it needs to be expressed outside of the Internet echo chamber. It's silly to expect a change no one has expressed the need for.

The sad reality is there may be some Hill out chants from an audible amount of the fans in the near future. No one wants it to have come to that, but it probably has.

One thing that is guaranteed is it will get very very ugly, should we lose the next home game brace yourself for fighting on the terraces. Its all very very sad Keith Hill has tarnished his legacy forever, from King Keith to King @#!^% which is not an easy thing to do given the success he has had, I feel sorry for him I really do, but its all his own doing aided by an inept board. Can anybody explain this Kilpatrick Bottomley nonsense? who is in charge? it's got me stumped.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 10:47]

This is not the time for bickering.

Fans boycott on 11:00 - Feb 24 with 1819 viewsrochdaleriddler

Fans boycott on 10:08 - Feb 24 by electricblue

"Should we all stop going to Home games while Hill is still in charge?"
Crazy...
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 10:09]

So the hundreds doing that already are crazy!

Fans boycott on 11:03 - Feb 24 with 1800 viewskiwidale

Fans boycott on 11:00 - Feb 24 by rochdaleriddler

There is no need to organise a boycott the fans are already boycotting games.

This is not the time for bickering.

Fans boycott on 11:03 - Feb 24 with 1799 viewsrochdaleriddler

Fans boycott on 10:08 - Feb 24 by borntogo

Make it clear - no true Dale fan wants to boycott matches. If, however, this is necessary to make a (very important) point and, in the long-term, possibly save the club or improve the club significantly, so be it. This is not disloyalty, but its exact opposite.

Extreme circumstances require extreme responses.

As to going to the game and then protesting - this will invoke a hostile reaction from the pro-Hills who, much like the man himself, hold no truck with dissent or an alternative viewpoint. Most people don't like to row or fight, especially with supposed brethren.

Well said, whenever I have expressed anti Hill sentiment in the Sandy there are always people who still think he is the dogs danglies, i can see the atmosphere turning nasty v soon

Fans boycott on 11:23 - Feb 24 with 1737 viewsroccydaleian

Fans boycott on 11:03 - Feb 24 by rochdaleriddler

Well said, whenever I have expressed anti Hill sentiment in the Sandy there are always people who still think he is the dogs danglies, i can see the atmosphere turning nasty v soon

It’s probably the same at every football club when things aren’t going well. Anyhow with eleven dislikes and most people on this thread seeming to say no, you seem to have the answer to your question.
Fans boycott on 11:25 - Feb 24 with 1726 viewssweetcorn

Fans boycott on 08:19 - Feb 24 by rochdaleriddler

I Support the team no matter who etc, I’ve been to less away games this season than normal though. I cannot see why people are still supporting Hill. I asked the question should we boycott games, and everyone has said no. So maybe it’s time for the old fashioned Hill out chants, after we have cheered shipping 4 goals again I suppose

Boycotting a game isn’t supporting..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Fans boycott on 11:36 - Feb 24 with 1685 viewsDaleiLama

Fans boycott on 11:23 - Feb 24 by roccydaleian

It’s probably the same at every football club when things aren’t going well. Anyhow with eleven dislikes and most people on this thread seeming to say no, you seem to have the answer to your question.

Even with 11 likes and the majority of comments in favour in a relatively short thread, I would suggest it would still be utterly counterproductive.

Anyway, it's an individual's decision on how/when he/she supports the club. I suspect most will continue for the remainder of this campaign. There will probably be the biggest single season ST level of attrition in recent years if this form continues and we drop down a division though.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fans boycott on 11:38 - Feb 24 with 1684 viewsdingdangblue

Fans boycott on 11:00 - Feb 24 by rochdaleriddler

Where's your proof hundreds are boycotting games? Have you studied the attendances compared to previous seasons? Certainly last Tuesday's attendance (2410) was no different to other standard Tuesday night games in league 1? We played Millwall in 16/17 and we were going for the play offs - a great game 3-3 draw... the attendance was 2334.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 11:38]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fans boycott on 11:39 - Feb 24 with 1680 viewsrochdale_ranger

I went to valley parade last season and some of the older supporters started threatening a younger group of lads for having the audacity to have a moan about how sh1t we were/are. It will end up in fighting or bickering if you voice any opposition to Hill. I’ve paid for my season ticket I’ve always supported the club and will still buy the new shirt every season. However I work all week so I won’t be giving my Saturdays up to become an Hill out activist or argue with fellow Daley’s at the match. I just won’t go.
Fans boycott on 11:45 - Feb 24 with 1668 viewsroccydaleian

Fans boycott on 11:36 - Feb 24 by DaleiLama

Even with 11 likes and the majority of comments in favour in a relatively short thread, I would suggest it would still be utterly counterproductive.

Anyway, it's an individual's decision on how/when he/she supports the club. I suspect most will continue for the remainder of this campaign. There will probably be the biggest single season ST level of attrition in recent years if this form continues and we drop down a division though.

Aye, and Riddler asked the question, and the answers up to now seem to be a resounding no, so that should be that.
Fans boycott on 11:46 - Feb 24 with 1663 viewsJames1980

Seemingly performances, results, league position and crowd levels look unlikely to sway the board into taking action. How about employing the services of The Fake Sheikh? Not sure how it would go though

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Fans boycott on 11:49 - Feb 24 with 1650 viewsroccydaleian

Fans boycott on 11:46 - Feb 24 by James1980

Seemingly performances, results, league position and crowd levels look unlikely to sway the board into taking action. How about employing the services of The Fake Sheikh? Not sure how it would go though

Do a poll, if you think a Fake Sheikh would be acceptable or not?
Fans boycott on 11:57 - Feb 24 with 1608 viewsD_Alien

Fans boycott on 11:46 - Feb 24 by James1980

He'd have to talk like an Egyptian...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fans boycott on 12:02 - Feb 24 with 1597 viewsroccydaleian

Fans boycott on 11:57 - Feb 24 by D_Alien

He'd have to talk like an Egyptian...

Only on Manic Mondays.
Fans boycott on 13:00 - Feb 24 with 1540 viewsrochdale_ranger

Fans boycott on 11:45 - Feb 24 by roccydaleian

Aye, and Riddler asked the question, and the answers up to now seem to be a resounding no, so that should be that.

Your suggesting that this board is a representation of all Dale fans, it isn’t. I know about ten people who have stopped going lately.
Fans boycott on 13:06 - Feb 24 with 1533 viewsroccydaleian

Fans boycott on 13:00 - Feb 24 by rochdale_ranger

Your suggesting that this board is a representation of all Dale fans, it isn’t. I know about ten people who have stopped going lately.

No. Riddler has asked the question on this forum, the answer to which on here is a resounding no at the moment. What others are doing regarding a specific question on here is irrelevant.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 13:10]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024