Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club confirm Hill departure 10:38 - Mar 4 with 10665 viewsTomRAFC

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/march/club-statement--hill--beech/

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Club confirm Hill departure on 10:48 - Mar 4 with 8123 viewsJimmyRustler

Think this is as good a place as any to do this...

Thankyou Keith for giving me the best memories I'll probably ever have of Rochdale AFC. It's a very bittersweet day but you are now forever be a legend at this football club and will be welcomed back at anytime. Cheers
Club confirm Hill departure on 10:50 - Mar 4 with 8096 viewselectricblue

Without doubt the best manager at dale since the last promotion manager.....

Just a thought.....
Could BBM be the new Hill!!!!
After all Hill came from the youth setup and the rest is history....
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 10:55]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Club confirm Hill departure on 11:12 - Mar 4 with 7942 viewsBrierls

Club confirm Hill departure on 10:50 - Mar 4 by electricblue

Just a thought.....

BBM isn't part of the youth setup.
Club confirm Hill departure on 11:13 - Mar 4 with 7930 viewsscarrow

Just a thought.....

Personally I’d like a clean sweep. Get a new man in and then relieve BBM and Collis of their duties too

Poll: Final position

Club confirm Hill departure on 11:25 - Mar 4 with 7823 viewsNinco

Club confirm Hill departure on 11:13 - Mar 4 by scarrow

Personally I’d like a clean sweep. Get a new man in and then relieve BBM and Collis of their duties too

They haven't done any harm. It's Hill that made all the decisions.
Club confirm Hill departure on 11:51 - Mar 4 with 7737 viewsrochdaleriddler

And still no relegation on his CV!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Club confirm Hill departure on 11:59 - Mar 4 with 7672 viewsNafelad

Just a thought.....

It would be interesting to see if a BBM squad had only Irish players in it.

Topcat

Club confirm Hill departure on 12:06 - Mar 4 with 7607 viewsNinco

Club confirm Hill departure on 11:59 - Mar 4 by Nafelad

It would be interesting to see if a BBM squad had only Irish players in it.

It will also be interesting to see if you now change your user name.
Login to get fewer ads

Club confirm Hill departure on 12:19 - Mar 4 with 7503 viewsBrierls

Just under a month too early.
Club confirm Hill departure on 12:35 - Mar 4 with 7419 viewssweetcorn

Unbelievable record at Dale and our loss will certainly be another club's gain. All the best Keith and thanks for overseeing the most successful years the club has seen.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Club confirm Hill departure on 13:15 - Mar 4 with 7248 viewsBlueDales

The time was right for Hill to have gone now.

Having said that: he’s a club legend and always will be. He’s taken us to Wembley twice, got us promoted more times in five years than anyone else could in the previous 102, given us numerous cup shocks, given us memorable victories against now Premier League teams.

It’s time to go, but thank you very much for the memories Keith.
Club confirm Hill departure on 13:29 - Mar 4 with 7143 viewsscarrow

Club confirm Hill departure on 11:25 - Mar 4 by Ninco

They haven't done any harm. It's Hill that made all the decisions.

So Hill has coached everything - get a grip

Poll: Final position

Club confirm Hill departure on 13:52 - Mar 4 with 6989 viewsD_Alien

Club confirm Hill departure on 12:19 - Mar 4 by Brierls

Just under a month too early.

And just over 12 months since possibly Hill's finest moment, in terms of individual matches

I've still got the recording of Dale v Spurs. Hill's interview by the MOTD pundits in the temporary gantry between Pearl St/Willbutts was a valediction of everything he'd done at Dale up to that point

Such memories are priceless to Dale fans, and whatever the compensation package, he was worth it for the first 10 years of his two tenures

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Club confirm Hill departure on 16:29 - Mar 4 with 6617 viewsrod_leach

Let's hope the I want it all supporters out there will still come along in non league.
Club confirm Hill departure on 16:34 - Mar 4 with 6567 viewsBartRowou

Can he take Sweetmore with him?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Club confirm Hill departure on 16:36 - Mar 4 with 6550 viewsDaleFan7

Club confirm Hill departure on 16:29 - Mar 4 by rod_leach

Let's hope the I want it all supporters out there will still come along in non league.

We've been a football league club long before Hill ever came. Why now are we automatically going to be non-league?

Is it not possible for another manager in the whole of the footballing pyramid to retain our league status?
Club confirm Hill departure on 16:44 - Mar 4 with 6510 viewsrochdaleriddler

Club confirm Hill departure on 16:29 - Mar 4 by rod_leach

Yeh I want it all, the odd win, some entertainment, some actual defending , something to look forward to. What an impossible wish list, what an unreasonable person I am

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Club confirm Hill departure on 16:46 - Mar 4 with 6489 viewsEllDale

I think that people fear non-league because of precedent.
When I was a lad the likes of York, Darlington, Hartlepool, Halifax, Stockport, Workington, Barrow, Southport, Wrexham, Chesterfield and Chester were all contemporaries.
Club confirm Hill departure on 16:59 - Mar 4 with 6419 viewssweetcorn

Club confirm Hill departure on 16:36 - Mar 4 by DaleFan7

We've been a football league club long before Hill ever came. Why now are we automatically going to be non-league?

Is it not possible for another manager in the whole of the footballing pyramid to retain our league status?

Anyone who suggests such a thing is talking nonsense.

However, if the question is whether there is anyone better equipped to do so? Then id say the answer no.

Club confirm Hill departure on 17:21 - Mar 4 with 6345 viewsNinco

Club confirm Hill departure on 16:59 - Mar 4 by sweetcorn

Anyone who suggests such a thing is talking nonsense.

However, if the question is whether there is anyone better equipped to do so? Then id say the answer no.

No club is guaranteed league status. We have played clubs who have been in the premier league, yet despite the premier league money they have fallen down to league one, so we could just as easily fall down to non-league just as any league one or two club can. However, in the days before Hill when we had managers like Parkin, Barrow, Sutton, etc, whilst we never looked like getting promotion to league one, I felt comfortable that we would remain a mid-table league two club and I have every confidence that whoever the club choose will keep us in league two.

I think there will be no expectation on whoever takes the job to get in to league one as the club themselves have said that we don't have the finances to survive in league one, so the pressure is off the manager and players and they can play to enjoy the game, hopefully winning some of their games rather than looking out of their depth every week and feeling dismayed because they have been outclassed in yet another league one game.
Club confirm Hill departure on 17:23 - Mar 4 with 6328 viewsdale_spotland

Thanks Keith, for what in the main has been a fantastic journey.

I look forward to seeing who we get in, and where Keith goes from here.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Club confirm Hill departure on 17:28 - Mar 4 with 6284 viewssweetcorn

Club confirm Hill departure on 17:21 - Mar 4 by Ninco

No club is guaranteed league status. We have played clubs who have been in the premier league, yet despite the premier league money they have fallen down to league one, so we could just as easily fall down to non-league just as any league one or two club can. However, in the days before Hill when we had managers like Parkin, Barrow, Sutton, etc, whilst we never looked like getting promotion to league one, I felt comfortable that we would remain a mid-table league two club and I have every confidence that whoever the club choose will keep us in league two.

I think there will be no expectation on whoever takes the job to get in to league one as the club themselves have said that we don't have the finances to survive in league one, so the pressure is off the manager and players and they can play to enjoy the game, hopefully winning some of their games rather than looking out of their depth every week and feeling dismayed because they have been outclassed in yet another league one game.

Whats your point? I’ve not seen anyone suggesting that we’re guaranteed football league status?

My suggestion is that another manager could have success here, if he can manage on a financial tight-rope, introduce youth players into the first team set-up and handle a fickle group of fans..

Club confirm Hill departure on 17:38 - Mar 4 with 6211 viewsrochdaleriddler

Club confirm Hill departure on 17:28 - Mar 4 by sweetcorn

Whats your point? I’ve not seen anyone suggesting that we’re guaranteed football league status?

My suggestion is that another manager could have success here, if he can manage on a financial tight-rope, introduce youth players into the first team set-up and handle a fickle group of fans..

Fickle ? In what way? We have had nearly two seasons of dross and barely a peep of dissent at games

Club confirm Hill departure on 17:41 - Mar 4 with 6186 viewsrod_leach

I can't help but notice the influx of new posters this last year who appear to think League 1 should be expected. My first game was around 1970 and I've seen a lot of sh1t since then. Not a lot in recent years under Hill. As many have said on social media today, be careful what you hope for.
Club confirm Hill departure on 17:41 - Mar 4 with 6180 viewsMoonyDale

Club confirm Hill departure on 17:28 - Mar 4 by sweetcorn

You mean fickle as every other set of fans from every other club? Or are you suggesting that we alone are fickle after 2 years of crap?

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024