Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New kits 20:34 - Jul 14 with 2138 viewsGOSBTS

What do we think of them then?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_bg5q6XYAAWqWC?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
New kits on 20:51 - Jul 14 with 2124 viewsthrillseeker

Home kit is appalling. Looks like a cross between Ipswich and Gillingham.

I associate CUFC main / home kit with stripes

Away kit - looks OK and my 2 daughters much preferred this kit. Purchased this one.

At end of the day it's not the kit that wins matches though
New kits on 20:57 - Jul 14 with 2124 viewsbwildered

If you drop the blue & white stripes, need to replace with something stylish .
Looks like a bog standard Sunday league division five cheap kit .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

New kits on 21:06 - Jul 14 with 2120 viewsFruitbat

Home kit might look better if the sponsors logo was white instead of the rather garish orange but it's not great. Still, I suppose that for once at least I can't moan about it not having stripes on the back.

Away kit is probably marginally less horrible than last seasons monstrosity, still don't get the attraction of that rather unpleasant camo pattern. Not keen on the grey shorts either, looks like someone left a pair of black pants in a white wash.
New kits on 21:15 - Jul 14 with 2110 viewsdurham_exile

I'm going to invest in the new home shirt.

I still like the Away shirt from last season and will alternate between the two this season.

UTU's

Durham_exile

New kits on 00:09 - Jul 15 with 2085 viewspwrightsknees

Why?????
New kits on 08:55 - Jul 15 with 2058 viewsLeadbelly

Home looks like an Ipswich knock off and the away doesn’t even look like a football kit.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

New kits on 09:37 - Jul 15 with 2053 viewsMoor_Pinot

New kits on 21:06 - Jul 14 by Fruitbat

Home kit might look better if the sponsors logo was white instead of the rather garish orange but it's not great. Still, I suppose that for once at least I can't moan about it not having stripes on the back.

Away kit is probably marginally less horrible than last seasons monstrosity, still don't get the attraction of that rather unpleasant camo pattern. Not keen on the grey shorts either, looks like someone left a pair of black pants in a white wash.

WE WERE BLUE & WHITE STRIPES in 1937 and we should be now.
Ghastly change. Away marginally better than last year, less camo/macho but really I just don't get why every year this 'waste' happens. I understand sponsorship but would prefer some continuity and stability........................on the pitch as well.

Up the U's

Moor Pinot

New kits on 10:00 - Jul 15 with 2046 viewsdurham_exile

New kits on 09:37 - Jul 15 by Moor_Pinot

WE WERE BLUE & WHITE STRIPES in 1937 and we should be now.
Ghastly change. Away marginally better than last year, less camo/macho but really I just don't get why every year this 'waste' happens. I understand sponsorship but would prefer some continuity and stability........................on the pitch as well.

Up the U's

historicalkits.co.uk/Colchester_United/Colchester_United.htm

Pinault have a look at the link - historical kits

I found it quite revealing especially years 69-72 Blue
72-73 White, 83-85 Blue, 85-86 Blue,
86-88 light Blue (now those were hideous)

It is also interesting how the stripes have been adjusted over the years and of course Short colour

Anyway this is going to be our season!

UTU's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

New kits on 17:33 - Jul 15 with 2022 viewsMadeira163

WTF no no no
New kits on 18:23 - Jul 15 with 2004 viewswessex_exile

Don't mind either to be honest, provided the all blue is just an opportunity to change things around a bit for a season or two - i wouldn't like to think it was something semi-permanent. I probably won't buy one, but that's mainly because I'll probably end up buying two away kits for me and the youngest, and these things don't come cheap.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

New kits on 21:29 - Jul 15 with 1975 viewsGOSBTS

I quite like the home kit, and I am very tempted to buy it (which would be my first ever U's shirt)! Seeing as at most I was planning to buy a cap, the club have done well to persuade me.
New kits on 22:56 - Jul 15 with 1959 viewspwrightsknees

The U's first chairman was a Huddersfield Town supporter, hence our traditional blue and white stripes. Even though we have deviated on occasion. The all blue shirt of the 1971 cup run, especially v Leeds springs to mind.

But the blue and white stripes have always been our "badge of honour", so why change?

Could you imagine the uproar if, for example, a club like Cardiff City, known as "the Bluebirds" were to change their strip to red...……….?
New kits on 06:34 - Jul 16 with 1945 viewsbwildered

Very good question PWK on why the change .

A- Perhaps the new sponsor wanted a complete change.
B- Sponsor logo looks better visually on a plain backdrop
C- Due to the decade of stripes since the move to Cuckoo farm and no successful promotion campaigns the club decided new ID required .
D- Just another money making idea .
E- Want to look like Chelsea, play like Sunday league D5, has nobody will reconize which club it represents on your travels around the town or supermarket .

My first games watching the U's included Ray Whittaker, Brian Wood , Brian Hall, Danny Light etc who played in the Chelsea kit, so did did not see stripes until 1973 promotion under Jim Smith .
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 6:48]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

New kits on 12:27 - Jul 16 with 1913 viewspwrightsknees

New kits on 06:34 - Jul 16 by bwildered

Very good question PWK on why the change .

A- Perhaps the new sponsor wanted a complete change.
B- Sponsor logo looks better visually on a plain backdrop
C- Due to the decade of stripes since the move to Cuckoo farm and no successful promotion campaigns the club decided new ID required .
D- Just another money making idea .
E- Want to look like Chelsea, play like Sunday league D5, has nobody will reconize which club it represents on your travels around the town or supermarket .

My first games watching the U's included Ray Whittaker, Brian Wood , Brian Hall, Danny Light etc who played in the Chelsea kit, so did did not see stripes until 1973 promotion under Jim Smith .
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 6:48]

Good answers BW.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024