Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield 20:45 - Jul 16 with 5982 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/50486/tvos-dale-v-huddersfi

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 22:31 - Jul 18 with 1635 viewsTVOS1907

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 22:30 - Jul 18 by judd

There's a huge amount of negativity surrounding gambling. In particular the dreadful effects on families plunged into debt, and gambling addicts suicides.
Have we really, knowingly and fiscally, got involved in an underhand PR stunt? Underhand because the Huddersfield shirt sponsorship breaks advertising rules it would seem.

Explanation from the club would be more than welcome.

Doubt we'll see one.

Dunno, which is why I prefixed it with 'My guess is'.

Should I have used 'Without prejudice' or summat?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 22:35 - Jul 18 with 1622 viewsjudd

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 22:31 - Jul 18 by TVOS1907

Dunno, which is why I prefixed it with 'My guess is'.

Should I have used 'Without prejudice' or summat?

Sorry TVOS, was not meant to be directed at you, more embellishing my thoughts using your own post.

Poll: What is it to be then?

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 22:47 - Jul 18 with 1586 viewsTVOS1907

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 22:35 - Jul 18 by judd

Sorry TVOS, was not meant to be directed at you, more embellishing my thoughts using your own post.

No probs

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 22:57 - Jul 18 with 1563 viewsD_Alien

The daft thing is: if this were intended as a publicity stunt then why choose a match at Dale which requires the home side to change kit?

Why not do it in a home pre-season friendly in front of many more people?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 23:01 - Jul 18 with 1546 viewsjudd

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 22:57 - Jul 18 by D_Alien

The daft thing is: if this were intended as a publicity stunt then why choose a match at Dale which requires the home side to change kit?

Why not do it in a home pre-season friendly in front of many more people?

Opponents?

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 23:05 - Jul 18 with 1528 viewsD_Alien

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 23:01 - Jul 18 by judd

Opponents?

Do you mean, compliant opponents? Could be, as you've alluded to...

If a visiting team playing Huddersfield at their place turned up and either there was no kit clash or were simply made aware they'd need to use their away kit, would they have been any the wiser until Huddersfield players came out of the dressing room? Perhaps there had to be a pre-match agreement about the advertising in order to ensure it wasn't going to be a problem with the opposition?

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 23:06 - Jul 18 with 1525 viewsDaleiLama

Don't know if we have benefited from this financially, as co-conspirators, but there is an opportunity to get some commemorative Paddy Power sashed Huddersfield mugs made up to mark this breach of the FA rules and a friendly against a club bigger than us, but not as far away as Sunderland?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 23:08 - Jul 18 with 1518 viewsjudd

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 23:05 - Jul 18 by D_Alien

Do you mean, compliant opponents? Could be, as you've alluded to...

If a visiting team playing Huddersfield at their place turned up and either there was no kit clash or were simply made aware they'd need to use their away kit, would they have been any the wiser until Huddersfield players came out of the dressing room? Perhaps there had to be a pre-match agreement about the advertising in order to ensure it wasn't going to be a problem with the opposition?

All of the above.

I was not at the game but have been led to believe there was a significant number of photographers around the ground.

Login to get fewer ads

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 23:12 - Jul 18 with 1495 viewsjudd

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 23:06 - Jul 18 by DaleiLama

Don't know if we have benefited from this financially, as co-conspirators, but there is an opportunity to get some commemorative Paddy Power sashed Huddersfield mugs made up to mark this breach of the FA rules and a friendly against a club bigger than us, but not as far away as Sunderland?

It's the first time we've ever played them at home in an away kit commemorative betting slips are on sale in high street bookies throughout the borough.

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 23:14 - Jul 18 with 1492 viewsD_Alien

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 23:08 - Jul 18 by judd

All of the above.

I was not at the game but have been led to believe there was a significant number of photographers around the ground.

Neither was I

Huddersfield also invested in having extensive highlights made and posted on YouTube in quick order. Anyone would've thought there was summat erm... riding on the game

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 23:16 - Jul 18 with 1481 viewsjudd

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 23:14 - Jul 18 by D_Alien

Neither was I

Huddersfield also invested in having extensive highlights made and posted on YouTube in quick order. Anyone would've thought there was summat erm... riding on the game

Arf!

Riding?

Game at Rochdale?

Come on.

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 23:21 - Jul 18 with 1471 viewsD_Alien

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 23:16 - Jul 18 by judd

Arf!

Riding?

Game at Rochdale?

Come on.

Can't just be the Irish connection, then...

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 23:25 - Jul 18 with 1458 viewsD_Alien

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 23:06 - Jul 18 by DaleiLama

I do hope any such mugs have broken red lines included in the sash

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 11:20 - Jul 19 with 1240 viewsfitzochris

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 12:04 - Jul 19 with 1162 viewsD_Alien

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 11:20 - Jul 19 by fitzochris

So why didn't Huddersfield seek maximum publicity in conjunction with Paddy Power for a kit stunt (which Paddy Power claims is to highlight their disapproval of excessive advertising on kits) by showcasing it in front of the biggest possible audience, i.e.at a home friendly match?

There must've been collusion by Dale, which makes the twitter reply disingenuous. As disingenuous in fact, as the Paddy Power rationale

Edit: from what i can gather, Huddersfield have played two friendlies at home, both against foreign opposition; the latest was against Hamburg FC. It would appear their 2019/20 kit (home kit available only) wasn't used in these fixtures. Why not?
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 12:23]

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 12:49 - Jul 19 with 1085 viewsfitzochris

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 12:04 - Jul 19 by D_Alien

So why didn't Huddersfield seek maximum publicity in conjunction with Paddy Power for a kit stunt (which Paddy Power claims is to highlight their disapproval of excessive advertising on kits) by showcasing it in front of the biggest possible audience, i.e.at a home friendly match?

There must've been collusion by Dale, which makes the twitter reply disingenuous. As disingenuous in fact, as the Paddy Power rationale

Edit: from what i can gather, Huddersfield have played two friendlies at home, both against foreign opposition; the latest was against Hamburg FC. It would appear their 2019/20 kit (home kit available only) wasn't used in these fixtures. Why not?
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 12:23]

Very good questions.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 12:56 - Jul 19 with 1066 views442Dale

The friendlies were played in Austria as they were training over there, however they appear to have worn an Umbro training shirt to play the match (see link). Presumably, if their away kit wasn’t ready, they chose not to have worn this training kit again while continuing with their home shirt promotion campaign with Paddy Power.

https://www.htafc.com/news/2019/july/match-report-for-hamburger-sv-vs-huddersfie

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 13:05 - Jul 19 with 1035 viewsD_Alien

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 12:56 - Jul 19 by 442Dale

The friendlies were played in Austria as they were training over there, however they appear to have worn an Umbro training shirt to play the match (see link). Presumably, if their away kit wasn’t ready, they chose not to have worn this training kit again while continuing with their home shirt promotion campaign with Paddy Power.

https://www.htafc.com/news/2019/july/match-report-for-hamburger-sv-vs-huddersfie

Good digging

The friendly fixture list i sourced had Huddersfield as the home team, which is fair enough if it's a neutral venue. But as you say, they could've worn the training kit even if it meant Dale using their away kit

I expect the neutral venue(s) in Austria were happy to remain neutral

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 15:02 - Jul 19 with 912 viewsjudd

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/huddersfield-town-kit-new-home-shirt-wil

Could we of been hoodwinked?

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 15:12 - Jul 19 with 903 viewsBigKindo

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 15:02 - Jul 19 by judd

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/huddersfield-town-kit-new-home-shirt-wil

Could we of been hoodwinked?

From the beeb.

Huddersfield Town reveal their new kit - without a sponsor
2 hours ago

Huddersfield wore the original kit in Wednesday's friendly against Rochdale
Huddersfield Town have revealed their new kit - without the diagonal sponsor's logo that was worn in Wednesday's friendly against Rochdale.

The original kit, which had the name of a bookmaker splashed across it, was believed to be a spoof when unveiled.

"I can only apologise to our fanbase for putting them through that," commercial director Sean Jarvis told BBC Radio Leeds.

"But out of the darkest hour comes the lightest moment."

The Football Association (FA) previously said it would contact the Terriers about the shirt.

"When we announced the kit, we knew the design would cause quite a negative stir and that was part of the campaign," Jarvis said.

"It's ironic now that from being the most hated kit when we brought it out to being the most wanted.

"We've only got a very limited amount of them and everyone now wants one for posterity."

It was announced on Friday that the original shirt was part of a campaign by betting company Paddy Power for more unbranded football kits.

Huddersfield's new kit does not have a sponsor logo on it.

"Shirt sponsorship in football has gone too far," Paddy Power managing director Victor Corcoran said.

"We accept that there is a role for sponsors around football, but the shirt should be sacred."

FA regulations clearly state a playing kit is only permitted to have "one single area not exceeding 250 square centimetres on the front of the shirt"
TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 15:18 - Jul 19 with 895 viewsEllDale

Does this mean that they haven't got a shirt sponsor on principle?
Or have Paddy Power effectively paid them more for a three day stunt than they would have made with a conventional shirt sponsor?
And were Dale in on the subterfuge?
TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 15:35 - Jul 19 with 862 viewsTVOS1907

TVOS: Dale v Huddersfield on 12:56 - Jul 19 by 442Dale

https://www.htafc.com/news/2019/july/towns-real-home-kit-is-revealed/

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024