Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans' Forum 12:58 - Jul 28 with 14951 viewsisitme

Are the trust going to take questions from supporters who cannot attend,ensure that these questions get asked and then post the responses somewhere?
Fans' Forum on 22:56 - Jul 29 with 2460 viewsKnowlesy

Fans' Forum on 22:13 - Jul 29 by BartRowou

In no particular order:

Someone wants a clock putting up and the corners of the stands filling in to keep out the cold.

Reading between the lines, it'll be the new lad in net with Wade as back up. Lillis will want games and might not get them. Lillis is in the last year of his contract and may want a move.

We've got four more years of Errea and only the pink mini-kits didn't arrive so there are no problems there.

We've got no chance of Hamilton coming back and are at the back of a long queue for him.

The players really like the cricket club for training and the pitches are excellent. Also, the players don't have to walk down there and through holes in the fence as we are using all the facilities there so presumably they park up there without going to the football club first.

We also use Platt Lane for training.

In winter, we use the Soccer Factory who prefer us over Bury and Oldham.

The chairman will not put the club at risk and will only be in charge of a viable club. He didn't say much.

DB says we stand to lose 75,000 if the Bury game isn't played and the EFL have left it too late to sort things out. He was largely disparaging about them - mentioned a meeting in Portugal - but feels that new people who've just come in (including Jez Moxley) will sort things out, at least in our division.

BBM recognises we might need anther centre-half and that we are weak out wide.

EOC gets the football club and understands how we can help him get higher. I inferred from what BBM said that he took a pay cut coming here; BMM definitely said the other Bury players who've left were on wages we can't afford.

There was a big bit about the pitch which I tuned out of. Basically, the Premier company put down two pitches which haven't worked. The new company do Sheff U, Portsmouth and Peterborough. Long story short: we have enough drains, possibly too many, but the water can't get to them which is why we had the situation on Saturday. The Rochdale average rainfall thing was mentioned. It'll take hundreds of thousands to get right.

John (?) Smallwood asked the fans why it's so quiet at home. One particular gentleman pointed out that for two years we've had rubbish football at home, by and large, so there hasn't been much to sing about.

Plus some other stuff.

'John (?) Smallwood asked the fans why it's so quiet at home. One particular gentleman pointed out that for two years we've had rubbish football at home, by and large, so there hasn't been much to sing about.'

What sort of question's that?! I hope that didn't go down well, I imagine he's belting out songs trying to get the atmos going right? When you're still turning up to games week in week out for two years with the only true uncertainty being how many we'll get beaten by it's hardly a rip roaring affair. Going home routinely far more miserable than when you turned up
Fans' Forum on 22:57 - Jul 29 with 2445 viewsjudd

Fans' Forum on 22:48 - Jul 29 by rochedale

Without wanting to appear as a nodding donkey, maybe the drains are too low or have insufficient substance between them and the pitch to allow the water to get to the drains? I’d assume it would be quite straight forward to check if drains are blocked and unblock if needed, but not so to change what’s in between? Maybe that was what they were getting at?

Wise words and appreciated.

But we have known for years where the drainage issue is on the pitch.

This issue manifested itself again very quickly when the rain came on saturday.

So, in terms of relaying the pitch at significant expense and disruption , I think it reasonable to expect that the easily identifiable and historic drainage issue was addressed in the latest scheme of works.

If drains cannot be reached then we have, effectively, no drains of use in that area. If Barts admirable reporting is entirely accurate then that statement is ridiculous and insulting.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Fans' Forum on 23:08 - Jul 29 with 2374 viewsrochedale

Fans' Forum on 22:57 - Jul 29 by judd

Wise words and appreciated.

But we have known for years where the drainage issue is on the pitch.

This issue manifested itself again very quickly when the rain came on saturday.

So, in terms of relaying the pitch at significant expense and disruption , I think it reasonable to expect that the easily identifiable and historic drainage issue was addressed in the latest scheme of works.

If drains cannot be reached then we have, effectively, no drains of use in that area. If Barts admirable reporting is entirely accurate then that statement is ridiculous and insulting.

A Facebook friend, someone from my year at school, is head groundsman at a championship club. He posted a picture of his immaculate pitch at the same time Dale showed theirs. Dales was sand his was beautiful green grass. It’s begs the question that we left it too late for the pitch to take. Maybe a couple more weeks and it’d have been reet?

Maybe the club were trying to maximise revenue by offering the pitch out to all and sundry for a fee of £600? Me and my pals considered booking it. This also may have lead to the late work on pitch? Either way, in my humble opinion, we shouldn’t judge too harshly after the weather we’ve just had as half the town has flooded. But, if the water can’t get to the drains it seems obvious that is the issue. Too late to sort now and maybe a job for next summer! It could be a long season!!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Fans' Forum on 23:14 - Jul 29 with 2336 viewsjudd

Fans' Forum on 23:08 - Jul 29 by rochedale

A Facebook friend, someone from my year at school, is head groundsman at a championship club. He posted a picture of his immaculate pitch at the same time Dale showed theirs. Dales was sand his was beautiful green grass. It’s begs the question that we left it too late for the pitch to take. Maybe a couple more weeks and it’d have been reet?

Maybe the club were trying to maximise revenue by offering the pitch out to all and sundry for a fee of £600? Me and my pals considered booking it. This also may have lead to the late work on pitch? Either way, in my humble opinion, we shouldn’t judge too harshly after the weather we’ve just had as half the town has flooded. But, if the water can’t get to the drains it seems obvious that is the issue. Too late to sort now and maybe a job for next summer! It could be a long season!!

The change of contractor, timing and reasons are all intriguing.

I would pick up on a couple of points posted recently, one of which seemed to quote a guarantee of not waterlogging, so drainage would appear to be a given?

I was around the pitch at JTs testimonial and I have to say the finish of the pitch edges was disgraceful at the away stand side. I will try to post some images.

Fans' Forum on 07:14 - Jul 30 with 2038 viewsBartRowou

Couple of other points:

BBM sees Calvin as a striker. He filled in in defence last season as an emergency measure but won't be there long-term.

Back to the pitch. It's been narrowed due to drainage issues. The Southend game at the end of last season was almost postponed due to standing water on the touchlines making it unsafe for the linos and subs.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Fans' Forum on 08:25 - Jul 30 with 1911 viewsfitzochris

I'm hearing there is a suggestion that a "band" of people on here are intent on disrupting the club.

I'd like someone to say that to my face. The people I believe are being lumped into this "band" have supported this club for a great many years longer than some of the people currently involved at Rochdale AFC - and they completely have the club's best interests at heart.

I'll rue the day we sit back en masse and let a Bury situation, or even an "Overcoat Men" situation develop here.

Challenge is good and always will be. it's especially important we challenge in the absence of a strong local media presence.

While we may grumble at issues around the club at the minute, not one of us will be anything less than 100% behind BBM and the team he puts out against Tranmere on Saturday.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Fans' Forum on 09:09 - Jul 30 with 1783 viewskiwidale

Fans' Forum on 08:25 - Jul 30 by fitzochris

I'm hearing there is a suggestion that a "band" of people on here are intent on disrupting the club.

I'd like someone to say that to my face. The people I believe are being lumped into this "band" have supported this club for a great many years longer than some of the people currently involved at Rochdale AFC - and they completely have the club's best interests at heart.

I'll rue the day we sit back en masse and let a Bury situation, or even an "Overcoat Men" situation develop here.

Challenge is good and always will be. it's especially important we challenge in the absence of a strong local media presence.

While we may grumble at issues around the club at the minute, not one of us will be anything less than 100% behind BBM and the team he puts out against Tranmere on Saturday.

what a load of bollox.

This is not the time for bickering.

Fans' Forum on 09:12 - Jul 30 with 1770 viewsfitzochris

Fans' Forum on 09:09 - Jul 30 by kiwidale

what a load of bollox.

Sorry?

Login to get fewer ads

Fans' Forum on 09:19 - Jul 30 with 1748 viewskiwidale

Fans' Forum on 09:12 - Jul 30 by fitzochris

Sorry?

Im sorry too Chris nobody on here is a better fan than any other. We are all Dale supporters and to suggest that there might be a group who raise genuine concerns are trying to undermine the club is far from the truth.

Fans' Forum on 09:19 - Jul 30 with 1745 views442Dale

what a load of bollox.

Indeed. Totally certain that the questioning of decisions, process and requesting a fully accountable, transparent relationship between supporters, the Trust and the club is something I’ve strived for since there’s been a messageboard to post on. Go back to ‘The Dale Letters Page’ for the start of any particular band I may be a part of. It’s Rolling Stones-esque.

If people don’t like it, say it when there’s an opportunity to do so. Anything less is extremely poor form because, whatever others may think, there’s only one aim: to improve our football club.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 9:21]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fans' Forum on 09:21 - Jul 30 with 1734 viewsfitzochris

Fans' Forum on 09:19 - Jul 30 by kiwidale

Im sorry too Chris nobody on here is a better fan than any other. We are all Dale supporters and to suggest that there might be a group who raise genuine concerns are trying to undermine the club is far from the truth.

Ah right. Yes, I completely agree.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 9:21]

Fans' Forum on 09:26 - Jul 30 with 1714 viewsnordenblue

what a load of bollox.

What's bollox about it?
Fans' Forum on 09:29 - Jul 30 with 1697 viewskiwidale

Fans' Forum on 09:26 - Jul 30 by nordenblue

What's bollox about it?

this bit
"I'm hearing there is a suggestion that a "band" of people on here are intent on disrupting the club."... the rest of it I agreed with.

Fans' Forum on 09:31 - Jul 30 with 1687 viewsSuddenLad

When you put a fox in charge of the chickens, it's very wise to keep a close eye on what goes on. If you're not careful, it will soon be all gone.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Fans' Forum on 09:34 - Jul 30 with 1669 viewsfitzochris

Fans' Forum on 09:29 - Jul 30 by kiwidale

this bit
"I'm hearing there is a suggestion that a "band" of people on here are intent on disrupting the club."... the rest of it I agreed with.

I'm confused again now. Are you suggesting I'm talking bollox, or that whoever is making the suggestion is talking bollox?

If the latter, I agree. If the former, I can assure you this suggestion has indeed been made.

Fans' Forum on 09:36 - Jul 30 with 1658 viewskiwidale

Fans' Forum on 09:31 - Jul 30 by SuddenLad

When you put a fox in charge of the chickens, it's very wise to keep a close eye on what goes on. If you're not careful, it will soon be all gone.

Another load of bollix. This is another reference to David Bottomley who it seems will never be forgiven for past indiscretions.

Fans' Forum on 09:40 - Jul 30 with 1640 viewskiwidale

Fans' Forum on 09:34 - Jul 30 by fitzochris

I'm confused again now. Are you suggesting I'm talking bollox, or that whoever is making the suggestion is talking bollox?

If the latter, I agree. If the former, I can assure you this suggestion has indeed been made.

However is making the suggestion is talking bollox. My comment was in reply to you and Im sorry I should have made it more clear.

Fans' Forum on 09:40 - Jul 30 with 1637 viewsjudd

Fans' Forum on 09:36 - Jul 30 by kiwidale

Another load of bollix. This is another reference to David Bottomley who it seems will never be forgiven for past indiscretions.

How far in the past are you going back?

Fans' Forum on 09:41 - Jul 30 with 1627 viewskiwidale

Fans' Forum on 09:40 - Jul 30 by judd

How far in the past are you going back?

I dont know Judd Im sorry I got involved.

Fans' Forum on 09:44 - Jul 30 with 1612 viewskiwidale

Fans' Forum on 09:41 - Jul 30 by kiwidale

I think it all started when he told a fan or fans to fukc off. Not the wisest thing to say.

Fans' Forum on 09:45 - Jul 30 with 1607 viewsSuddenLad

Fans' Forum on 09:36 - Jul 30 by kiwidale

It's about awareness, not forgiveness. Be alert, your club needs lerts.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Fans' Forum on 09:45 - Jul 30 with 1602 viewsfitzochris

Fans' Forum on 09:44 - Jul 30 by kiwidale

I think it all started when he told a fan or fans to fukc off. Not the wisest thing to say.

That wasn't David Bottomley.

Fans' Forum on 09:45 - Jul 30 with 1603 viewsjudd

Fans' Forum on 09:41 - Jul 30 by kiwidale

Don't be. You make a very valid point and add to the debate. We don't want people feeling unable to express their views.

Fans' Forum on 09:48 - Jul 30 with 1587 viewskiwidale

Fans' Forum on 09:45 - Jul 30 by fitzochris

That wasn't David Bottomley.

That shows just how much I know.

Fans' Forum on 09:52 - Jul 30 with 1557 viewsrochdale_ranger

What happened at the stag do lads. Seriously though at first I thought The slating the new board and CEO got was over the top and irrelevant especially as it concerned stuff relating to personal matters etc. After the Hill sacking and not having a replacement and the fiasco of saying we were interviewing candidates from across Europe to then go with our youth team manager on an interim basis only to then make him permanent manager (all this being announced before BBM’s first game) convinced me Bottomley is winging it. A game being cancelled in August due to issues with a pitch is a joke.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024