Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes thread 10:37 - Aug 1 with 28295 viewsSandyman

Convicts win the toss and bat.
Ashes thread on 11:31 - Nov 22 with 1896 viewsTVOS1907

Ashes thread on 00:26 - Nov 22 by D_Alien

Archer's first class batting average is 28, Leach's 12

Stats, eh?

Lies, damned lies and statistics!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ashes thread on 11:44 - Nov 22 with 1882 viewsD_Alien

Ashes thread on 11:31 - Nov 22 by TVOS1907

Lies, damned lies and statistics!

It's just not cricket, is it?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ashes thread on 19:13 - Nov 23 with 1789 viewsNigeriamark

Ashes thread on 11:44 - Nov 22 by D_Alien

It's just not cricket, is it?

Big day today after a very poor one yesterday. England win seems to be the least likely result now unless they collapse to all out in the first hour, and it could be we will need to bat 4 sessions or so to save the game. A real test of our resolve and determination to bat like test cricketers coming up

Yesterday showed that our 1st innings score and the NZ top order did not score enough ( only Williamson got a difficult ball). Its taken a couple of middle order batsman to show how good the pitch was.
Ashes thread on 03:50 - Nov 25 with 1728 viewsdownunder

Ashes thread on 19:13 - Nov 23 by Nigeriamark

Big day today after a very poor one yesterday. England win seems to be the least likely result now unless they collapse to all out in the first hour, and it could be we will need to bat 4 sessions or so to save the game. A real test of our resolve and determination to bat like test cricketers coming up

Yesterday showed that our 1st innings score and the NZ top order did not score enough ( only Williamson got a difficult ball). Its taken a couple of middle order batsman to show how good the pitch was.

Suitable music to finish the First Test in NZ.
Ashes thread on 05:52 - Nov 25 with 1705 viewsdownunder

Butler...No shot of the day, surely.
PS Did you get out to the islands?
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 5:54]
Ashes thread on 05:57 - Nov 25 with 1699 viewsfitzochris

Other than the patient approach adopted by our openers on day one, there was a familiar air of hopelessness about our batting. Our bowling also looked very predictable too. Very disappointing Test match in the end.

Seeing as though these games don’t count towards the Test Championship, we may as well experiment next match. At the very least, I’d like to see Crawley, Mahmood and Parkinson involved.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Ashes thread on 07:01 - Nov 25 with 1691 viewsNigeriamark

Ashes thread on 05:52 - Nov 25 by downunder

Butler...No shot of the day, surely.
PS Did you get out to the islands?
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 5:54]

No, at the last minute I decided to go to Central Otago and bicycle the old railway line track that they have down there. Then took a scenic train ride from near Middlemarch to Dunedin ( Tiero Gorge ??) Brilliant weather, brilliant food, good wine but terrible beer !!! Not necessarily the taste but the fact that they serve Ale at about - 20 degrees in a glass they have taken from a freezer. WTF !!! otherwise NZ is superb

* Galbraith Ale House in Auckland the 1 exception on my beer route. A pub and beer that wouldn't be out of place anywhere in the UK. A very good beer called Bob Hudson ( I think)

PS: Do you know a good real ale pub in Hamilton?
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 7:34]
Ashes thread on 07:56 - Nov 25 with 1676 viewspioneer

Ashes thread on 07:01 - Nov 25 by Nigeriamark

No, at the last minute I decided to go to Central Otago and bicycle the old railway line track that they have down there. Then took a scenic train ride from near Middlemarch to Dunedin ( Tiero Gorge ??) Brilliant weather, brilliant food, good wine but terrible beer !!! Not necessarily the taste but the fact that they serve Ale at about - 20 degrees in a glass they have taken from a freezer. WTF !!! otherwise NZ is superb

* Galbraith Ale House in Auckland the 1 exception on my beer route. A pub and beer that wouldn't be out of place anywhere in the UK. A very good beer called Bob Hudson ( I think)

Did that train journey last Xmas then travelled the coastal route from Dunedin to Invercargill. Stunning scenery and beaches and nobody on them.
Login to get fewer ads

Ashes thread on 09:52 - Nov 25 with 1633 viewsDiddyDave

There`s one of those local brewery bars in Rototuna just up the road from Chartwell Shopping Centre. It`s about a fifteen minute walk,but you can catch the right bus from the bus terminus in the middle of Hamilton. Not a bad selection of ales last time I was there.
Ashes thread on 18:45 - Nov 25 with 1568 viewsNigeriamark

Ashes thread on 09:52 - Nov 25 by DiddyDave

There`s one of those local brewery bars in Rototuna just up the road from Chartwell Shopping Centre. It`s about a fifteen minute walk,but you can catch the right bus from the bus terminus in the middle of Hamilton. Not a bad selection of ales last time I was there.

Thanks. I'll give it a go
Ashes thread on 20:22 - Nov 25 with 1532 viewsdownunder

Ashes thread on 07:01 - Nov 25 by Nigeriamark

I was in Otago in October, with my Brother in Law, who some Leeds based Dale fans may know. Riding the Rail trail is on my bucket list.
I also prefer cold beers as well, not a great fan of the craft beers, so I cannot recommend anywhere in Hamilton (AKA Bogan Town) It has a nice park next to the river though.
Google suggests
https://www.goodgeorge.co.nz/
https://www.brewaucracy.co.nz/
Or you can take the bus
https://brewbus.co.nz/products/hamilton-craft-beer-trail.
Enjoy!
Ashes thread on 04:32 - Nov 26 with 1472 viewsDiddyDave

Ashes thread on 18:45 - Nov 25 by Nigeriamark

Thanks. I'll give it a go

When I`m back in NZ I drink Tui`s India Pale Ale,Speights or Monteiths. Stay away from the usual Kiwi shite,Lion Red,Lion Brown and DB Bitter. I live in Australia now,as most of you will know,and the beer here is generally garbage,mostly lager shit. No taste,or should I say it all tastes the same,but as long as it`s cold,the Aussies will drink anything. Those three Kiwi Breweries I mentioned do some very good special ales,a bit more expensive,but worth it in my opinion..
Ashes thread on 06:57 - Nov 26 with 1460 viewsdownunder

Ashes thread on 04:32 - Nov 26 by DiddyDave

When I`m back in NZ I drink Tui`s India Pale Ale,Speights or Monteiths. Stay away from the usual Kiwi shite,Lion Red,Lion Brown and DB Bitter. I live in Australia now,as most of you will know,and the beer here is generally garbage,mostly lager shit. No taste,or should I say it all tastes the same,but as long as it`s cold,the Aussies will drink anything. Those three Kiwi Breweries I mentioned do some very good special ales,a bit more expensive,but worth it in my opinion..

Aye, those are my choices, especially Speights. Their Brewery tour is good value in Dunedin.
.Having said that, any Brewery tour is usually good value
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 0:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024