Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jay Lynch 19:08 - Aug 19 with 7808 viewsDaley_Lama

New signing

26 year old keeper, 2 year deal
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 19:09]

Poll: DF in or out

Jay Lynch on 21:46 - Aug 19 with 2284 viewsmacro

Jay Lynch on 19:50 - Aug 19 by dalenumber2

There are various rumours about Josh, people saying he turned up overweight after the Summer, someone said he'd had an operation on his hand. Another is that he's been unemployed for the last few weeks and I've also heard that he's been training Brad Wade. It would be nice to hear something from the club now to put things straight.

Lillis was watching the Bolton game with the other players not involved. Can only assume his style doesnt fit in with the way BBM wants to play.
Jay Lynch on 21:55 - Aug 19 with 2227 viewssoulboy

Jay Lynch on 20:19 - Aug 19 by nordenblue

Nostalgia aside it been obvious Josh is a bang average keeper and it's pretty clear our current and previous manager both want somebody better than average between the sticks and must see Josh as a potential weak link, there's been a few keepers we've brought in that have improved the position, that in itself tells it's own story.

Bang average or not, he was good enough to be voted player of the season a couple of years ago and is still a damn sight better than the other 2 keepers we had last season, Moore and, in particular, that clown from Fulham.
Jay Lynch on 21:58 - Aug 19 with 2219 viewsBrierls

This one was a surprise! There’s not much info out there on Lynch but the stuff you can find is positive. He’s obviously forced BBM’s hand a little with performances in training and I like having our own keeper too.

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/features/27022/buildbase-national-game

There’s some quotes in there that pretty much mirror what I think Sanchez has brought to the team...

“The main part of my game is my distribution but I’m not sure if that’s what the voters would look for.

“I like to be vocal, make saves and come for crosses to take pressure off my team. I’ve improved a lot at AFC Fylde and people have noticed that.”

I expected Lillis to leave but also expected Wade to be backup. I’m much more comfortable having a ‘proper’ keeper as backup to Sanchez and pushing him for the shirt.

The only thing mystifying thing about the Lillis’ omission is people being mystified by it. He is a decent keeper at this level, nothing more, nothing less. His shot stopping ability isn’t in question, but his command of his area is non-existent and he’s not particularly great with his feet which is a major part of how we are playing. It’s no co-incidence that Hilly or BBM don’t trust him as a regular #1. He will be on a decent wage too. I’d expect Josh himself will want first team football at this stage of his career. He’s been a cracking servant to the club but there’s no room for sentiment when we’re seeking to improve the squad.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 22:19]
Jay Lynch on 22:05 - Aug 19 with 2177 views1907

Neither Hill nor BBM has considered Lillis good enough & have actively sort replacements on multiple occasions.

We just have to trust their judgement. There must be a good reason why they don’t either 100% rate him or 100% trust him.

He’s been a great servant for the club, provided some excellent memories as well as some we’d like to forget.

I think the overriding opinion is that if we are to improve, we need to improve our number 1.
Jay Lynch on 22:17 - Aug 19 with 2114 viewsD_Alien

BBM's clarity in wanting to improve on our goalkeeping provision is another sign imo that he's going to be a very good manager

[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 22:18]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Jay Lynch on 22:36 - Aug 19 with 2018 viewsleedsdale

Jay Lynch on 22:17 - Aug 19 by D_Alien

BBM's clarity in wanting to improve on our goalkeeping provision is another sign imo that he's going to be a very good manager

[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 22:18]

Slowly, but surely, he is building the squad he wants. I too have been impressed by the way he identifies a position and waits to sign the right player: O’Connell, Ryan, Lynch etc have all been acquired after a certain wait. They could all end up being crap, of course, but the way he goes about his business and is sticking to his principles is admirable and endearing
Jay Lynch on 22:38 - Aug 19 with 2010 viewsfitzochris

Jay Lynch on 21:58 - Aug 19 by Brierls

This one was a surprise! There’s not much info out there on Lynch but the stuff you can find is positive. He’s obviously forced BBM’s hand a little with performances in training and I like having our own keeper too.

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/features/27022/buildbase-national-game

There’s some quotes in there that pretty much mirror what I think Sanchez has brought to the team...

“The main part of my game is my distribution but I’m not sure if that’s what the voters would look for.

“I like to be vocal, make saves and come for crosses to take pressure off my team. I’ve improved a lot at AFC Fylde and people have noticed that.”

I expected Lillis to leave but also expected Wade to be backup. I’m much more comfortable having a ‘proper’ keeper as backup to Sanchez and pushing him for the shirt.

The only thing mystifying thing about the Lillis’ omission is people being mystified by it. He is a decent keeper at this level, nothing more, nothing less. His shot stopping ability isn’t in question, but his command of his area is non-existent and he’s not particularly great with his feet which is a major part of how we are playing. It’s no co-incidence that Hilly or BBM don’t trust him as a regular #1. He will be on a decent wage too. I’d expect Josh himself will want first team football at this stage of his career. He’s been a cracking servant to the club but there’s no room for sentiment when we’re seeking to improve the squad.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 22:19]

It’s the treatment of Lillis that’s mystifying, not his ability, and the way he’s been dropped and brought back in time and time again, and been expected to perform with shot confidence.

As I’ve already said, a permanent keeper is no bad thing when Sanchez goes back to Brighton, providing he’s better than what we’ve already got.

So, fair play to BBM for improving the No.1 position in the short term (and maybe in the longer term too). It brings to an end a protracted decline for a decent servant to our football club.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Jay Lynch on 23:31 - Aug 19 with 1895 viewsnordenblue

Jay Lynch on 21:55 - Aug 19 by soulboy

Bang average or not, he was good enough to be voted player of the season a couple of years ago and is still a damn sight better than the other 2 keepers we had last season, Moore and, in particular, that clown from Fulham.

To say Josh is better than someone else who's shite is hardly a compliment to him,so he's better than shite,yes bang average at best.
Login to get fewer ads

Jay Lynch on 07:01 - Aug 20 with 1701 views1907

Jay Lynch on 22:38 - Aug 19 by fitzochris

It’s the treatment of Lillis that’s mystifying, not his ability, and the way he’s been dropped and brought back in time and time again, and been expected to perform with shot confidence.

As I’ve already said, a permanent keeper is no bad thing when Sanchez goes back to Brighton, providing he’s better than what we’ve already got.

So, fair play to BBM for improving the No.1 position in the short term (and maybe in the longer term too). It brings to an end a protracted decline for a decent servant to our football club.

Do we really know his treatment was that bad? None of us really have much of an idea as to what goes on behind the scenes

You could argue Lillis has been on death row for a long period of time & each time he was thrown back in it was a sort of stay of execution, a reprieve if you will.

Really hope Josh has a move lined up over the coming days & ends up with a great League Two club.

The last thing anyone wants is him sat in the stands all season, wasting a year of his career & probably a fair amount of salary allowance.
Jay Lynch on 07:07 - Aug 20 with 1693 viewsrkershaw

Jay Lynch on 07:01 - Aug 20 by 1907

Do we really know his treatment was that bad? None of us really have much of an idea as to what goes on behind the scenes

You could argue Lillis has been on death row for a long period of time & each time he was thrown back in it was a sort of stay of execution, a reprieve if you will.

Really hope Josh has a move lined up over the coming days & ends up with a great League Two club.

The last thing anyone wants is him sat in the stands all season, wasting a year of his career & probably a fair amount of salary allowance.

Maybe his Dad can sign him up for the Indian Super League club Chennaiyin FC where he's currently the assistant manager??!!
Jay Lynch on 07:11 - Aug 20 with 1681 viewsfitzochris

Jay Lynch on 07:01 - Aug 20 by 1907

I’m not going to go into what I know behind the scenes and I’ll merely mention what we all see - the constantly being dropped, even when in form, for inferior replacements, then being expected to perform again with understandably low confidence. It’s gone on too long.

As has been said, BBM has at least pulled the plug on this saga, for want of a better word, but, yes, it’s poor treatment for a player who has served us well and won accolades for doing so.

The way some people are now going on on social media, you’d think he was the worst keeper we’d ever had.

So for clarity - I’m not opposed to a better replacement, as long as it’s long term and Lillis moves on.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 7:13]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Jay Lynch on 07:12 - Aug 20 with 1681 viewstodmordendale

Strange how our keepers names begin with L
Lilies, Logan, Lonnygan, and Lynch.
Alliteration for the Dale
Jay Lynch on 07:27 - Aug 20 with 1658 viewsScunnydale

Jay Lynch on 07:12 - Aug 20 by todmordendale

Strange how our keepers names begin with L
Lilies, Logan, Lonnygan, and Lynch.
Alliteration for the Dale

Well, the search for a reliable new keeper certainly has been L.
Jay Lynch on 09:57 - Aug 20 with 1504 viewsDaleiLama

Have we brought Flicker in as gk consultant then?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Jay Lynch on 11:36 - Aug 20 with 1368 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The one consolation in all this saga,at least for Josh is that he will have been paid well.

Don't go to bury or bolton,Josh.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024