Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool matchday 10:10 - Aug 24 with 11138 viewssmaclad1

It's a beautiful sunny day, barely a cloud in the sky (at least it is in SMAC-land, possibly grey and drizzly in Rochdale?) and we have a second big game at home in less than a week.

Another performance like Tuesday's will fit the bill perfectly, and while Blackpool confidence should be high with their early season results there is no reason to think that we could reasonably expect to take something from this game.
Blackpool matchday on 15:18 - Aug 25 with 1885 viewsEllDale

Sad to say I would have backed most of our players to score with that header. If we had been in the bottom four there would have been hell on here about that miss. The euphoria about the overall team performance made us philosophical about it.
We couldn’t keep the ball in their half yesterday after the substitutions. I thought Pyke’s first touch left a lot to be desired at times as well.
Blackpool matchday on 15:25 - Aug 25 with 1862 viewsDalenet

Blackpool matchday on 12:57 - Aug 25 by nordenblue

The best one was saved for our MOM keeper who when receiving a blast of a back pass from our own defender sliced it out for a corner to Blackpool, "Get it sorted keeper"

The same keeper who's brought a recently unknown calmness to a backline, a willingness to come and catch nearly every single cross is a joy to watch, the one he took off their lads head near the Sandy was a staggeringly good catch. Keep up the great work and superb distribution

Excellent post. We are very lucky to have the lad. He is calm, assured and can leap like a salmon. Hope he is enjoying himself here
Blackpool matchday on 15:34 - Aug 25 with 1841 viewsboromat

The main thing I'm seeing this season is we've finally found that attacking defending balance that we've been searching for during the last 2 seasons. We've either been reasonably solid but not produced much of a threat or like last season had a bit going forward but shipped goals for fun. We now seem to have found a good balance and as a result are drawing alot of games that we would have lost.

Hopefully we start turning some of those into 3 points going forward. We do seem to have a very difficult set of fixtures coming up.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Blackpool matchday on 20:39 - Aug 25 with 1525 viewsrochdaleriddler

Blackpool matchday on 09:48 - Aug 25 by Dickydaler

We've got those in the Sandy too!

We do over elaborate at the back sometimes, we will pass from side to side until someone is forced into a hoof ball under pressure , which then concede possession. I think teams have worked us out and we need to vary it a bit

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Blackpool matchday on 21:51 - Aug 25 with 1420 viewsJames1980

Is this what the gerrit forward folk are hoping for?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Blackpool matchday on 22:00 - Aug 25 with 1401 viewsmikehunt

Blackpool matchday on 20:39 - Aug 25 by rochdaleriddler

We do over elaborate at the back sometimes, we will pass from side to side until someone is forced into a hoof ball under pressure , which then concede possession. I think teams have worked us out and we need to vary it a bit

Highlights of Fulham v Forest had an incident that mirrored what we do to a tee. Fulham "who are often overelaborate at passing at the back" were doing just that. Pressed, robbed - Goal!
I think Forest had 26% possession but still won.
I am not dissing the tactic as such but we should know when to get rid.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Blackpool matchday on 22:28 - Aug 25 with 1351 viewsDickydaler

Blackpool matchday on 20:39 - Aug 25 by rochdaleriddler

Don't disagree with the need to 'get rid' at times (if only to save a few heart attacks in the crowd) but you've got to admit the new tactics have shown a vast improvement in entertainment and attacking opportunities. No, at times it didn't work on Saturday, but look what happened when we started hoofing it forward, we just kept losing possession. Yes, we'll make a few mistake s at the back, which might result in conceding a few goals but if BBM wants to play like that then we have got to support the players and not get on their backs.
Blackpool matchday on 07:57 - Aug 26 with 1184 viewsEllDale

Some random thoughts now that the dust has settled.
From what I can gather Wilbraham is suffering from a calf injury.
I was talking to a sports injury physio yesterday who suggested that a maximum of eight weeks is the normal recovery time so if he did it mid July than he should be ready soon.
As has been mentioned before Blackpool were a team full of big players who threw even more giants on as the game progressed.
That's the traditional formula for promotion from this league and we do appear lightweight sometimes by comparison.
I personally thought that Sanchez was the MOM but was really impressed by JIm McNulty. He looks a different player with O'Connell and RND alongside him.
He even survived a couple of naughty challenges from Nuttall in the last 20 minutes.
I liked the way that the referee waved play on on several occasions when a Blackpool player was rolling round on the floor which made them rather sheepishly get up and rejoin the game.
I also agree that we are light years better than 12 months ago in the way that we play and the way are so well drilled and organised.
Finally, following the hairpulling episode at Tranmere, did anyone else think that Ryan appeared to be an angry man yesterday? Perhaps it was because he was playing against his old club but there were a couple of times that he jumped to his feet snarling.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024