Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
United!!! 22:09 - Aug 28 with 22733 views442Dale

Hashshshxbxxhnxjsdhjccccn

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

United!!! on 10:27 - Aug 29 with 2857 viewsDaleiLama

United!!! on 10:19 - Aug 29 by fermin

United season ticket holders can opt out of League Cup tickets if they want (not sure if that is a change from previous seasons):

https://www.manutd.com/en/tickets-and-hospitality/season-ticket-renewals

I can't see lots of them going if the price is high. I think us getting £1m for this game is a bit optimistic but we will see.

Not sure how it works @ Utd, but I know lots of Spurs fans bought tickets for every game they played regardless of whether they used them or not to get the points they conferred to ST holders which placed them higher in the queue for plum CL ties. Crazy I know, and a different world, but I would be surprised if it's different at Utd. The squeeze goes on.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

United!!! on 10:30 - Aug 29 with 2832 viewsdingdangblue

United!!! on 10:19 - Aug 29 by fermin

United season ticket holders can opt out of League Cup tickets if they want (not sure if that is a change from previous seasons):

https://www.manutd.com/en/tickets-and-hospitality/season-ticket-renewals

I can't see lots of them going if the price is high. I think us getting £1m for this game is a bit optimistic but we will see.

The Burton game was 54,000 - no reason why Rochdale should be any less, infact there should be more local interest I would have thought.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 10:52]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

United!!! on 10:44 - Aug 29 with 2748 viewsSwissdale

What a fantastic draw - literally waited my whole life for this!

The only dissapointment of watching Dale previously in games like this has been our inability to really generate any sort of atmosphere, as the true hardcore are generally seperated in and amongst the day-trippers.

I'd really like the club to consider this when sorting the tickets. If say, in our initial allocation, they could seperate a block or two for 'singers', then ask applicants if they want to go in the 'singing section' it would really help everyone's overall experience.

I'm absolutely fine with all the day-trippers turning up, and want the whole town to turn out to support us. But I'd love it if we can get 1,000 people all sitting together, joining in with the chants and giving the lads that extra boost.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 10:45]
United!!! on 10:45 - Aug 29 with 2742 viewsaleanddale

United!!! on 10:30 - Aug 29 by dingdangblue

The Burton game was 54,000 - no reason why Rochdale should be any less, infact there should be more local interest I would have thought.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 10:52]

There will be loads of interest and day trippers - should be a good atmosphere.

Amazing for the club.

Amazing for the players.

I just hope this time the matchday experience is better than 86 because back then it was a huge disappointment. Maybe its because it was PP ( Twice ? ) and the midweek re-arranged game was an anti-climax.

Please no fookin VAR!!!
United!!! on 11:05 - Aug 29 with 2655 viewsTVOS1907

United!!! on 10:00 - Aug 29 by 442Dale

It would be preferable that tickets were reasonably priced across the board for everyone. One main factor when agreeing prices with United is considering those home fans who are committed to paying for the game whether they attend or not. Hopefully, sensible prices all round.

Absolutely.

Let's hope this game doesn't turn into a "what suits me" situation. We need to ensure as many people as possible are physically and financially able to get to Old Trafford, as Dale will benefit in the long run.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

United!!! on 11:07 - Aug 29 with 2646 viewsParkinsGimp

United!!! on 10:44 - Aug 29 by Swissdale

The only dissapointment of watching Dale previously in games like this has been our inability to really generate any sort of atmosphere, as the true hardcore are generally seperated in and amongst the day-trippers.

I'd really like the club to consider this when sorting the tickets. If say, in our initial allocation, they could seperate a block or two for 'singers', then ask applicants if they want to go in the 'singing section' it would really help everyone's overall experience.

I'm absolutely fine with all the day-trippers turning up, and want the whole town to turn out to support us. But I'd love it if we can get 1,000 people all sitting together, joining in with the chants and giving the lads that extra boost.

We had a good atmosphere last time we were there.
United!!! on 11:12 - Aug 29 with 2620 viewsMoonyDale

United!!! on 11:07 - Aug 29 by ParkinsGimp

We had a good atmosphere last time we were there.

We did indeed, although ironically one of the biggest cheers was when we won a corner and cheered only to be out cheered by united fans taking the mick out of our exuberance.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

United!!! on 11:14 - Aug 29 with 2610 viewsHuddersdale1

United!!! on 06:28 - Aug 29 by rochdaleriddler

Can’t remember us having a shot all night

Me neither, although seem to recall Joe Cooke having a header saved on the line from a second half corner
Login to get fewer ads

United!!! on 11:18 - Aug 29 with 2587 viewsMoonyDale

United!!! on 11:14 - Aug 29 by Huddersdale1

Me neither, although seem to recall Joe Cooke having a header saved on the line from a second half corner

You recall correctly, fully expected that header to hit the back of the net....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

United!!! on 11:27 - Aug 29 with 2541 viewsMorden

United!!! on 10:45 - Aug 29 by aleanddale

There will be loads of interest and day trippers - should be a good atmosphere.

Amazing for the club.

Amazing for the players.

I just hope this time the matchday experience is better than 86 because back then it was a huge disappointment. Maybe its because it was PP ( Twice ? ) and the midweek re-arranged game was an anti-climax.

Please no fookin VAR!!!

I like VAR

Loved it at Wembley
United!!! on 11:29 - Aug 29 with 2522 viewsMorden

United!!! on 22:38 - Aug 28 by Shun

Hopefully United play some of their youth. They have some genuine stars of the future coming through their academy, the likes of Angel Gomes, Tahith Chong and Mason Greenwood. It’ll be good to test ourselves against them.

Yeah, and Ethan Hamilton

Oh.
United!!! on 11:42 - Aug 29 with 2461 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I can see a large contigent of Dale support coming over from Ireland for this one.....presume the Barry-Murphy clan will be here in numbers to see their lad at the Theatre?

and with half our players having Oirish connections will be keen not to miss out?

Why not.
United!!! on 11:58 - Aug 29 with 2384 viewsDaveDave

United!!! on 10:27 - Aug 29 by DaleiLama

Not sure how it works @ Utd, but I know lots of Spurs fans bought tickets for every game they played regardless of whether they used them or not to get the points they conferred to ST holders which placed them higher in the queue for plum CL ties. Crazy I know, and a different world, but I would be surprised if it's different at Utd. The squeeze goes on.

Comment on RedCafe last night from one person,

"Ticket website has crashed with that many season ticket holders doing an urgent opt out".

United!!! on 12:10 - Aug 29 with 2328 viewsDaleiLama

United!!! on 11:58 - Aug 29 by DaveDave

Comment on RedCafe last night from one person,

"Ticket website has crashed with that many season ticket holders doing an urgent opt out".

We might outnumber them?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

United!!! on 12:11 - Aug 29 with 2315 viewsrochdaleriddler

Yep. I don’t want to be next to half and half scarvers, asking which team is which

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

United!!! on 12:18 - Aug 29 with 2277 viewsrochedale

Maybe they should have a question on ticketing website... ‘are you a singer?’ Ffs!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

United!!! on 12:42 - Aug 29 with 2162 viewsDaveDave

United!!! on 12:18 - Aug 29 by rochedale

Maybe they should have a question on ticketing website... ‘are you a singer?’ Ffs!

I hope that the girls are very precise in their articulation!
Correction: Spelling.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 12:53]

United!!! on 12:47 - Aug 29 with 2125 viewsD_Alien

United!!! on 12:42 - Aug 29 by DaveDave

Especially when we're expecting a swingeing price reduction

[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 12:47]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

United!!! on 12:54 - Aug 29 with 2086 viewsDaveDave

United!!! on 12:42 - Aug 29 by DaveDave

United!!! on 13:02 - Aug 29 with 2050 viewsSwissdale

Or, maybe they could have a message at the top of the web-page saying something like…

“We really want to get behind the lads as much as possible, so if you’re the type of fan who likes to shout from the top of your lungs, we recommend you choose a ticket in block K”

Then you have that block set up as a separate ticket type on the page that people can choose (much like any other Gig / Event where there are multiple prices for the same event).

Maybe the ticket staff at the ground know about this too and say something similar to the people buying the tickets?

Radical and crazy idea that would take all of 5 minutes to implement - and allow Dale fans to exhibit the behaviour they do at every single other away game (where singers can sit/stand near each other to get chants going). FFS
United!!! on 13:03 - Aug 29 with 2045 viewsfinberty

United!!! on 11:18 - Aug 29 by MoonyDale

You recall correctly, fully expected that header to hit the back of the net....

Joe had his hands full with Stapleton and Hughes that night. Sadly, Redfern's early howler took away any pressure we could have mustered.
United!!! on 13:34 - Aug 29 with 1907 views49thseason

I bet the one asking the question is a boy soprano
United!!! on 13:37 - Aug 29 with 1879 viewsChaffRAFC

Absolutely made up with this draw.

Waited my whole life to see the Chaff Derby!

Half and half scarves everywhere for me, get some mugs and coasters too!

Get the frig in!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

United!!! on 14:57 - Aug 29 with 1653 viewsdiver

We will beat them on penalties!!
United!!! on 15:09 - Aug 29 with 1593 viewsCanadaDale

Wanted this tie in any cup my entire life and now it's come along I can't go due to not living in the country anymore.
Won't be missing any of it though I'll be watching somehow or at least listen cheering the boys on.
Can't wait for this well deserved tie against one of the top teams.
UP THE DALE!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024