Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Legal action 19:45 - Aug 31 with 7341 viewscwmdonkinjack

Whilst on and off the field matters are separate to some extent, do we really want to drag the club through the courts and create the impression of disharmony. Sometimes in life you just have to take things on the chin and move on. I see the only winners of this action to be the lawyers and a media who would be more than delighted to stick the knife in. Let’s keep the positivity of a great start to the season and build on the momentum of our new management and eager squad involving many products of the investment in our academy. Several key decisions including the appointments of chairman, manager and transfer team are looking spot on and we have managed to move on some of the right players and get decent value for others we would have wanted to keep. C’mon you Whites!
Legal action on 22:35 - Aug 31 with 1364 viewsexiledclaseboy

Legal action on 21:17 - Aug 31 by Garyjack

I haven't always been this way, You should have been here 15 years ago, you would have hated me!

I did.

Poll: Tory leader

Legal action on 22:42 - Aug 31 with 1342 viewsexiledclaseboy

Legal action would be about protecting the future of the club, not impacting on the present. Short termism is what got us to where we are.

Poll: Tory leader

Legal action on 22:59 - Aug 31 with 1316 viewsmonmouth

Legal action on 22:32 - Aug 31 by Nortbankboy

Yes now is the time to attack the club .
Baston and Ayew are playing well if they sell them plus Roden .
They could buy the trust out.

I'm sure someone will correct this if wrong, but money for the share purchase cannot come from the club. Americans or sellouts depending on the court judgement if the Trust win. Arses will be twitching, so your mind can stay at rest..............or can it......

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Legal action on 23:09 - Aug 31 with 1306 viewsPegojack

Legal action on 21:16 - Aug 31 by monmouth

It's a fair point to raise for discussion but, in my view, it has no merit.

This.

Current team and management have made a dream start to the season and we're all immensely proud of them.

That has no bearing on what the sellouts did to us, and by feck they are going to pay for it.
Legal action on 23:17 - Aug 31 with 1300 viewsSwanseajill

Legal action on 22:35 - Aug 31 by exiledclaseboy

I did.

We did have some laughs with him though.
I would be in the chat room in the early hours after one of those "away days"
Legal action on 23:26 - Aug 31 with 1277 viewsHighjack

Legal action on 22:42 - Aug 31 by exiledclaseboy

Legal action would be about protecting the future of the club, not impacting on the present. Short termism is what got us to where we are.

We’ve seen what’s happened to Bury and what nearly happened to Bolton. If that ever happens to us we’ll have a group with twenty odd million ready to step in immediately. It’s a no brainer.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Legal action on 23:36 - Aug 31 with 1268 viewsNeathJack

Legal action on 22:59 - Aug 31 by monmouth

I'm sure someone will correct this if wrong, but money for the share purchase cannot come from the club. Americans or sellouts depending on the court judgement if the Trust win. Arses will be twitching, so your mind can stay at rest..............or can it......

Correct.

This NortBankBoy character has been spewing this bile for a while.
Legal action on 23:45 - Aug 31 with 1253 viewslonglostjack

Legal action on 23:26 - Aug 31 by Highjack

We’ve seen what’s happened to Bury and what nearly happened to Bolton. If that ever happens to us we’ll have a group with twenty odd million ready to step in immediately. It’s a no brainer.

This.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Legal action on 23:59 - Aug 31 with 1228 viewsjacks777

Legal action on 23:26 - Aug 31 by Highjack

And what happens if the debt is £50 million ?
Also we have the trust with 21 % of shares bringing nothing to the party.
How much is the trust worth ? Virtually nothing.
Legal action on 02:01 - Sep 1 with 1187 viewsNotLoyal

Legal action on 19:53 - Aug 31 by jacks777

The trust is run by a bunch of egotistical idiots these days.
They have no plan ‘B’.

Like your brain, or should I say the splattering of mince inside your piss bag of a head.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Legal action on 02:58 - Sep 1 with 1176 viewsDJack

Legal action on 20:01 - Aug 31 by Garyjack

Great post. The Swansea City Supporters Trust are an essential part of our football club through good times and bad. Justice should be served whether we are top of the Prem, or bottom of League 2. It makes no difference.

Well done Gary. You are living proof that sometimes you should listen to the nutter...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Legal action on 07:38 - Sep 1 with 1137 viewsjacks777

Legal action on 02:01 - Sep 1 by NotLoyal

Like your brain, or should I say the splattering of mince inside your piss bag of a head.

Your head is full of that sniff that you think is cool to take.
How is your war on the previous owners going 😂
Legal action on 07:53 - Sep 1 with 1132 viewspikeypaul

Causing disharmony on the pitch was one of Uxbridges many desperate arguments to stop legal action first time around.
We all know now what a huge mistake that was.3 years down the line with the sellout coonts and present owners going back on everything they said would happen if the trust did not go ahead with legal action their contempt for the fans has not changed.
Just remember the stinking yanks have invested nothing in our club and have siphoned off huge amounts but we still have some pricks defending them.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Legal action on 08:00 - Sep 1 with 1127 viewsjack247

Totally agree with the general gist of this thread. On pitch success, as brilliant and galvanising as it is, is short term and should have no bearing on legal action at all.

The sellouts may get lucky if we go up, but as it stands, the shares are worth far less than we should have been able to sell them for. Let’s get it done and get a slush fund in the bank, just to cover any future doomsday scenarios.
Legal action on 08:02 - Sep 1 with 1125 viewswaynekerr55

Legal action on 07:53 - Sep 1 by pikeypaul

Causing disharmony on the pitch was one of Uxbridges many desperate arguments to stop legal action first time around.
We all know now what a huge mistake that was.3 years down the line with the sellout coonts and present owners going back on everything they said would happen if the trust did not go ahead with legal action their contempt for the fans has not changed.
Just remember the stinking yanks have invested nothing in our club and have siphoned off huge amounts but we still have some pricks defending them.

Great post, Pike

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Legal action (n/t) on 08:04 - Sep 1 with 1123 viewsjack247

[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 8:05]
Legal action on 08:40 - Sep 1 with 1081 viewsAguycalledJack

Because the sale of the club/ shares to the yanks involves a club that we all love, there is a certain amount of emotional blackmail used to try and prevent legal action, or dissuade people from taking legal action eg the team is now playing well, legal action will impact on the team etc.

Let’s set aside the emotions, at the end of the day the sale of shares was no more than a business transaction.

I voted for legal action, And I looked at it this way, if I owned circa 20% of any sized business ( whether that have been the local bakers or a multi million pound company) and my fellow shareholders then sold that business behind my back, I, as an individual would want redress and what I was entitled to. We all would.

You can bet your bottom dollar if the roles were reversed the yanks/ sellouts would not have waited this long to get the trust into court.
Legal action on 09:10 - Sep 1 with 1045 viewsUxbridge

Legal action on 22:59 - Aug 31 by monmouth

That's not necessarily correct. If the judgement was to buy out the Trust, they then owned 100% of the club, they'd have more scope to do what they want with the club, such as leverage it.

Worth noting this was covered in the consultation docs too, as I'm sure someone will say we didn't cover any potential eventuality.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Legal action on 09:35 - Sep 1 with 1022 viewsperchrockjack

I seem to disagree with just about everyone but that is fine by me.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Legal action on 09:37 - Sep 1 with 1017 viewswaynekerr55

Legal action on 09:35 - Sep 1 by perchrockjack

On a serious note, I've almost finished reading The Secret Barrister. I know you have no time for their ilk but it does make very good reading.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Legal action on 09:44 - Sep 1 with 1008 viewsswancity

Legal action on 09:35 - Sep 1 by perchrockjack

Strangely you bury your head in the sand on this subject though which is unusual for someone who likes to see justice. Or does that only apply to drink drivers? Are dodgy business deals immune from your thoughts and ones that involve a Club that you try to portray to love ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Legal action on 09:47 - Sep 1 with 1005 viewsperchrockjack

Nige
No.
Not sure what drink drivers have to do with this subject.

Could you explain that,or is it just another return to old spats 10 feck years old,man.

I fail to see how legal action helps us at this stage in the season.

that s all,son

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Legal action on 09:51 - Sep 1 with 1001 viewsswancity

Legal action on 09:47 - Sep 1 by perchrockjack

Nige
No.

Could you explain that,or is it just another return to old spats 10 feck years old,man.

that s all,son

Oh come on you’re not thick

I don’t need to state the obvious

And who says it’ll be at this stage of the season? Even so the playing side won’t be affected imo.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Legal action on 09:55 - Sep 1 with 984 viewsDarran

Legal action on 09:37 - Sep 1 by waynekerr55

On a serious note, I've almost finished reading The Secret Barrister. I know you have no time for their ilk but it does make very good reading.

More Perch cock sucking. Any chance of putting it on the non football board if you’ve got to gobble him off.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Legal action on 09:59 - Sep 1 with 975 viewsjack247

Legal action on 09:47 - Sep 1 by perchrockjack

Nige
No.

that s all,son

It doesn’t help us ‘at this stage in the season’, it doesn’t hinder us either, unless you think Cooper and his players are going to take it down a notch or two because the trust are suing Huw Jenkins.

It helps ensure the long term future of the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024