Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
300k again 13:00 - Jan 10 with 11591 viewsDale23years

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-portsmouth-sunderland-in-hunt-to-si

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

300k again on 15:15 - Jan 10 with 2572 viewsboromat

300k again on 14:18 - Jan 10 by dingdangblue

I thought Cannon was £150k.

Maybe was just from my very poor memory 😁

Poll: What are we more excited for?

300k again on 15:17 - Jan 10 with 2566 viewsBigKindo

Phil Parkinson makes an Aiden McGeady exit prediction as interest stalls in Sunderland star
Phil Parkinson believes Aiden McGeady could move closer to the exit door at Sunderland within the next week.
By Mark Donnelly
Friday, 10th January 2020, 6:00 am
Updated
9 hours ago

Aiden McGeady
The winger is still training with the Black Cats’ under-23 side having been told he is free to leave the club this month.

And while Parkinson claims that no ‘firm enquiries’ have been made for the former Celtic and Everton man, he is confident interest will ‘pick up’ in the next week.

“Not at the moment,” he said, when asked if the winger was close to an exit.

“There’s been no firm enquiries, certainly to me, about Aiden.

“But I would imagine that in the next week or so, things will pick up in that area.”

Championship trio Middlesbrough, Hull City and Wigan Athletic have all been credited with an interest in McGeady, while there is also believed to be MLS sides monitoring his situation.

Interesting because he is rated their best player. Allegedly McGeady is on £ 30k/week and is being offloaded/shown the door. Will Ollie replace him? A cheaper option.
300k again on 15:21 - Jan 10 with 2534 viewsdingdangblue

300k again on 15:05 - Jan 10 by jonahwhereru

If we put a sign up saying no release clauses, players out of contract like Rathbone was and Camps is would be less inclined to resign. They are entitled to say I want to sound out it if the approaching club is prepared to offer them more money. After all they can get better terms from a new club if they walk decide not to renew as the club don’t have to pay a fee.
The option of additional year/s at the club’s choice is a tactic I like, but if a player knows his worth he would probably insist on it being the other way around.

Rathbone was free to leave last summer too. He could easily have got better wages somewhere else - I was shocked when he signed a new deal to be honest. I can understand players not wanting to feel handcuffed to a club but Dale are a selling club. Its just annoying when you read that bury previously were getting £900k for a 17 year old and Portsmouth £3 million for Jamal Lowe.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

300k again on 15:32 - Jan 10 with 2497 viewsAtThePeake

300k again on 14:40 - Jan 10 by sweetcorn

I like rathbone and think he's a decent player, but I wouldn't be too upset at losing him in the summer if we got a good fee. I personally think he's replaceable, especially in the summer when we have time to find a replacement.

I think olly looks much better at the minute due to the fact we have no other midfielder who can perform the job he does for the team currently, hence why it's important he isn't allowed to leave now,. however, he'd in my opinion be finding himself on the bench if we still had the peak trio of Allen, Lund and an in form camps.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 14:41]

Completely agree. There was a faction of supporters last season who were livid at Cannon's exclusion from the team and eventual sale, look at what he's done at Portsmouth since. You're right that he is important to this squad right now and like Chaff said, we don't have anyone else in the squad capable of performing the same role as him. However, does that make him worth more than £500k? Not for me.

Tangled up in blue.

300k again on 15:41 - Jan 10 with 2452 viewstony_roch975

300k again on 15:21 - Jan 10 by dingdangblue

Rathbone was free to leave last summer too. He could easily have got better wages somewhere else - I was shocked when he signed a new deal to be honest. I can understand players not wanting to feel handcuffed to a club but Dale are a selling club. Its just annoying when you read that bury previously were getting £900k for a 17 year old and Portsmouth £3 million for Jamal Lowe.

I wonder if his injury record is a detraction for prospective suitors?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

300k again on 15:43 - Jan 10 with 2431 viewsjudd

300k again on 13:27 - Jan 10 by ChaffRAFC

This would be a huge loss. Huge.

We have nobody else who does bridge that gap between the middle and the front man/men.

When he was out of the side, nobody did it and we were stuck trying to play football and it was just getting to Morley who was trying to find players with long balls and we were garbage.

We are infinitely better with him in the side. Take the Accy and Newcastle games, he was outstanding in both because we were able to push and get in their half and cause problems.

Literally nobody else can do that in our squad

The lad is more important than Camps in our squad for my money.

So no doubt £250k plus a twix will see him gone.

I'd have some of that.

Have you seen how much we sell a Twix for at Rochdale?

Poll: What is it to be then?

300k again on 15:48 - Jan 10 with 2413 viewsDareToCalvin

300k again on 14:40 - Jan 10 by BigKindo

Allegedly Newcastle paid £ 40 million for Joelinton and £ 58 million for Almeiron.

Almiron was £21m.
300k again on 15:48 - Jan 10 with 2404 viewsdingdangblue

300k again on 15:43 - Jan 10 by judd

I'd have some of that.

Have you seen how much we sell a Twix for at Rochdale?

The cost of running Dale for a month these days we could do with a boost.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

300k again on 16:36 - Jan 10 with 2308 viewsBigDaveMyCock

There’s a bit of starry eyed gloss associated with Allen and Lund. Allen’s done ok but he has hardly set the world alight and Lund’s been very injury prone since leaving Dale (as he was at Dale).
The fee we got for Allen, if true, was probably about right and it can be argued that we had Lund’s best days.
The best bit of business was the Hogan add on, especially when you consider his injury record and the fact that he has been a failure at Villa.
We don’t do badly at all.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

300k again on 16:52 - Jan 10 with 2262 viewsisitme

Rathbone is an energetic player who offers something different to other players in the squad. I wouldn't say he is a particularly good passer but he can run with the ball and chips in with a few goal.

Whilst I rate him and don't particulaly want to see him leave his injury record is a concern and £500,000 would be a fair price for him.
300k again on 17:09 - Jan 10 with 2217 viewselectricblue

Sunderland are up for sale apparently thus i presume they dont have a pot to piss in....
If you where the owner and put the club up for sale buy players!

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

300k again on 18:23 - Jan 10 with 2076 viewsDaleiLama

300k again on 15:48 - Jan 10 by dingdangblue

The cost of running Dale for a month these days we could do with a boost.

They're even dearer than Twix!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

300k again on 18:27 - Jan 10 with 2067 viewsSuddenLad

300k again on 18:23 - Jan 10 by DaleiLama

They're even dearer than Twix!

I heard a Wispa that it costs more even than that. Even so, on a short therm basis, I'd give it a Twirl.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

300k again on 18:33 - Jan 10 with 2036 viewsscarrow

He's on a 3 year deal. That increases the fee if sold. Cannon was in the last year which brought fees down.

Poll: Final position

300k again on 18:33 - Jan 10 with 2032 viewsShun

I’m with Chaff more than others it seems. He’s a huge player, and the second most important player in the team IMO, after Henderson. I’d also say the adage that when he plays well the team plays well applies to him more than other Dale player.

He’s young, pacy, has a fairly decent assist rate, can beat a man pretty regularly, one of the most tenacious and hard-working players I’ve ever seen, and, crucially, he’s getting better and better. He’s worth far more than £500K. If he were at any other club in the world I’d be stunned if his sale price wasn’t close to £1m.

The release clause is a fair argument, but I’m wondering why this point’s only just cropped up now. In every transfer in Dale history I don’t think anyone’s ever mentioned a release clause, and there’s never been a rumour that we sold a player so cheaply because of one.
300k again on 18:48 - Jan 10 with 2011 viewsmikehunt

I thought Holt went because of a release clause. Was it Forest that met it?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

300k again on 18:51 - Jan 10 with 1994 viewsD_Alien

300k again on 18:33 - Jan 10 by Shun

I’m with Chaff more than others it seems. He’s a huge player, and the second most important player in the team IMO, after Henderson. I’d also say the adage that when he plays well the team plays well applies to him more than other Dale player.

He’s young, pacy, has a fairly decent assist rate, can beat a man pretty regularly, one of the most tenacious and hard-working players I’ve ever seen, and, crucially, he’s getting better and better. He’s worth far more than £500K. If he were at any other club in the world I’d be stunned if his sale price wasn’t close to £1m.

The release clause is a fair argument, but I’m wondering why this point’s only just cropped up now. In every transfer in Dale history I don’t think anyone’s ever mentioned a release clause, and there’s never been a rumour that we sold a player so cheaply because of one.

No-one knows for sure Shun, but the arguments put forward for release clauses are pretty solid, and it's certainly not the first time this has been raised - it was discussed this time last year when McGahey & Cannon left and very much so when Adshead went. There are probably other instances but those are the most recent

The point is - if such clauses are included, it renders all further speculation about what a player might be sold for redundant

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

300k again on 19:56 - Jan 10 with 1870 viewsrochdaleriddler

300k again on 14:26 - Jan 10 by D_Alien

See other thread

I have it doesn’t tell me!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

300k again on 20:01 - Jan 10 with 1863 viewsJames1980

Re Adshead does anyone here know if any other bids were tabled for him? 300 bags seems darn low especially if there was other interest.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

300k again on 20:02 - Jan 10 with 1862 viewsrochedale

300k again on 13:27 - Jan 10 by ChaffRAFC

This would be a huge loss. Huge.

We have nobody else who does bridge that gap between the middle and the front man/men.

When he was out of the side, nobody did it and we were stuck trying to play football and it was just getting to Morley who was trying to find players with long balls and we were garbage.

We are infinitely better with him in the side. Take the Accy and Newcastle games, he was outstanding in both because we were able to push and get in their half and cause problems.

Literally nobody else can do that in our squad

The lad is more important than Camps in our squad for my money.

So no doubt £250k plus a twix will see him gone.

I second this.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

300k again on 20:32 - Jan 10 with 1806 viewsShun

300k again on 18:51 - Jan 10 by D_Alien

No-one knows for sure Shun, but the arguments put forward for release clauses are pretty solid, and it's certainly not the first time this has been raised - it was discussed this time last year when McGahey & Cannon left and very much so when Adshead went. There are probably other instances but those are the most recent

The point is - if such clauses are included, it renders all further speculation about what a player might be sold for redundant

I must’ve missed it re McGahey and Cannon. And you’re right, if Rathbone et al. do have a release clause it does make any price we believe the player is worth pointless, but demanding that we should’ve got more money vents my frustration at an invariably low price!
300k again on 20:39 - Jan 10 with 1793 viewsJames1980

Aren't sell on clauses a bit like reserves at an auction? You hope to achieve much more because a bidding war occurs but that is the minimum you are willing to take. Also do sell on clauses include add ons?

300k again on 21:14 - Jan 10 with 1706 viewssweetcorn

300k again on 20:39 - Jan 10 by James1980

Aren't sell on clauses a bit like reserves at an auction? You hope to achieve much more because a bidding war occurs but that is the minimum you are willing to take. Also do sell on clauses include add ons?

No I don't believe so. I think they work in a way that if a team meets the buy-out clause contained in a contract the player is free to talk to the club if he wishes to do so.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how they work.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

300k again on 22:03 - Jan 10 with 1647 viewsJames1980

300k again on 21:14 - Jan 10 by sweetcorn

No I don't believe so. I think they work in a way that if a team meets the buy-out clause contained in a contract the player is free to talk to the club if he wishes to do so.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how they work.

Hopefully other clubs get wind of this and are able to outbid the club that shows the initial interest.

300k again on 22:34 - Jan 10 with 1603 viewsD_Dale

300k again on 14:40 - Jan 10 by BigKindo

Allegedly Newcastle paid £ 40 million for Joelinton and £ 58 million for Almeiron.

EXTRACT FROM THE TIMES REPORT:

Joelinton suffering with the burden of Newcastle’s No 9 shirt

Rochdale 1 Newcastle 1

Martin Hardy
January 6 2020
The Times

The corridor underneath the main stand at Spotland was empty, apart from an endless stream of television cables and clumps of mud from the pitch. Through an old wooden door, a tall, slightly stooped figure emerged, in a Newcastle United training top, orange shorts, rolled down orange socks and a pair of flip-flops.

It was 3.45pm. The 1-1 draw against Rochdale had ended more than an hour ago but Joelinton was still enduring a miserable afternoon. The 23-year-old raised his eyebrows in acknowledgement as he walked past, but it was a weary look. [...] Having been outshone by the 40-year old Aaron Wilbraham and experienced the Newcastle support turning against him for the first time, his name had been called out for a random drug test.

When he arrived in the summer for a club-record fee of £40 million, no one said there would be days like Saturday for a striker who has scored one goal in 22 games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024