Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bantams to be gobbled up by voracious Super U's 22:13 - Jan 20 with 1194 viewsdurham_exile

JM and his charges entertain the Bantams on Tuesday evening at the JSCS. Not only is this a key game this season, but also it marks the start of some really challenging matches.

The next games for the Super U’s are Exeter A, Swindon H, Cambridge A, Plymouth H and Grimsby H.

I rate Bradford City highly in League Two. They are a big club with an excellent catchment area and attendances. Their results of late have been indifferent though and on Saturday they threw away a two-goal lead at home to Scunny. But they should not be underestimated with Gary Bowyer looking for automatic promotion this season.

Interestingly they have skipper and top scorer James Vaughan missing for two games following his 10th booking of the season on Saturday. However, they have the enigma who is Eoin Doyle back amongst their ranks following an exceptional loan spell at Swindon where he scored 23 goals in 22 appearances. Doyle has so far not recreated that excellent form and it is to be hoped that he has a quiet night in Colchester as well.

Perhaps the biggest threat to a Colchester victory is referee Trevor Kettle, who takes charge of his 22nd game of the season tomorrow and has so far dished out 80 yellow cards and 7 reds. He is the Mike Dean of League Two. I last saw him at the Lincoln City away game last season when we deservedly won 3-0 despite his best efforts.

Now JM has a choice of right full backs tomorrow. Ryan Jackson is potentially back following his red card at the Globe Arena, but I would rest him tomorrow and play the youngster Tafari Moore. We will need Jackson on Saturday at St James’s Park and let him approach that game fresh and raring to go.

Hopefully Ben Stevenson will be fit but if not Brandon Comley (most improved player of the season) is an able deputy. Junior sadly has been struck down by influenza.

I reckon JM is therefore unlikely to change the line up and so will go for the following:

Gerken

Moore Eastman Prosser Clampin

Pell Stevenson

Harriott Poku Nouble

Robinson

Subs:

Ross Norris Gambin Comley Lapslie Sowunmi Jackson

Tuesday night also sees Orient at home to Northampton and Macclesfield at home to Crewe so two key games which will have an impact upon the top of the table. Three home wins tomorrow will do very nicely.

Table - top:

Swindon 28 53
Exeter 27 53
Crewe 26 47
Plymouth 26 47
Bradford 27 45
Northampton 27 45
Cheltenham 27 44
COL U 27 44
FGR 28 44

The weather in Colchester tomorrow will be dry and a cool three degrees Celsius.

A decent crowd is expected, and the Bantams will bring a good number to the JSCS. I am going for a 3-1 Super U’s victory.

No word on any further signings from the Board yet but JM has hinted at a striker and a replacement for Jevani Panenka Brown.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Bantams to be gobbled up by voracious Super U's on 22:21 - Jan 21 with 463 viewsgerry_us

Lets get things in perspective here guys.
1 win in the last 6 games is not going to get us promoted.
Bantams to be gobbled up by voracious Super U's on 22:33 - Jan 21 with 456 viewsthrillseeker

Bantams to be gobbled up by voracious Super U's on 21:51 - Jan 21 by noah4x4

Agree Wessex. Doyle was unlucky when a shot on target hit Eastmans inner thigh and somewhat fortuitously went out of play, plus they hit bar. We had enough chances to win this, but as usual wasteful in front of goal

Pell outstanding. Poku, Senior and Harriott all the tricks, but no end product. Robinson has zero service. Did Norris touch the ball?

I think a point each fair.

It is funny how peoples opinions differ.

I was surprised Pell got MOM, he was good but not the best. Some of his passing was appalling with many undercut that put his colleagues under pressure.

Personally thought Eastman was exceptional and should have been MOM

I thought Jackson, Pell & Comley were good

We played reasonably decent football but never created any chances. It is no good playing decent pretty footballl if there is no end result.

Poku & Harriott flatter to deceive - they do the hard bits but no end product

Senior looked like he hadn't played for a while

Clampin - thought this was his worst game for us

Gerken - got lucky with his mistake for their offside goal.

I am with Gerry on this - another 2 points dropped. Draws are of no use to us.

Anyway another big game on Saturday

Again it was cold but for some reason it did not feel as cold as Saturday - obviously the extra layer helped!
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 22:37]
Bantams to be gobbled up by voracious Super U's on 23:25 - Jan 21 with 442 viewsnoah4x4

Bantams to be gobbled up by voracious Super U's on 19:28 - Jan 21 by Leadbelly

Won’t be there tonight but would be interested to know whether they let cars exit the car park via Boxted Rd, as they did on Saturday. Thought the planning permitted buses and emergency vehicles only.

Yes, I exited by car via Boxted Road.

Have only ever taken my car twice (no drinking!), both since Xmas and both times I have left via that route. In a previous week (whilst walking) I noticed the away supporters bus had left by that route. Common sense at last! They won't open the barrier until pedestrians are clear, but it dramatically speeds up car park dispersal. Now not worth paying the extra for the "fast exit" section.
Bantams to be gobbled up by voracious Super U's on 06:29 - Jan 22 with 414 viewsGOSBTS

I am glass half-full too. Because I see us as strong play-off contenders rather than automatic hopefuls, I am full of positivity after last night's display.

It was a solid, battling performance. Harriott immense. Comley largely very good. Pell was fantastic and reminded me just how much of an asset he is to the club. One of those increasingly rare midfielders who always looks forward when he gets the ball. Drove us forward and more than a match for Bradford's midfield. Just didn't have our shooting boots on.

Referee was actually very good and others may have sent Pell off for either of his two (controlled/reckless?) full-blooded challenges. Favourite moment of the game came after the second one where Pell gave a mouthful of abuse to the faux-injured Bradford player on the floor.

We are now firmly in the playoff places. Bradford did not look any better than us and we were largely in control of the game. Hope big Frank is okay. I liked the formation and team McGreal ended on actually in his absence. Nozza up top with Poku left, Senior right and Gambin just behind.

Up the U's!
Bantams to be gobbled up by voracious Super U's on 09:02 - Jan 22 with 401 viewsbwildered

Both teams cancelled each other out . Bradford had the better clear cut opportunities. Prosser and Pell worried the top tier of the South Stand with efforts in the second half.
One sub forced upon McG, but Senior replacing Nouble lost any physical presence upfront . Norris coming on with seven minutes remaining, far to late to ruffle the defenders.
Draw fair result

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Bantams to be gobbled up by voracious Super U's on 09:14 - Jan 22 with 397 viewsburnsieespana

Until next two games are done difficult to judge value of this point.
Am I not right in thinking this was Bradford's 5"th draw on the bounce?
Anyway I feel both automatic and the play offs are well within our control so long as we don't loose two or three games on the bounce the high number of draws will count in our favour come season end.
Bantams to be gobbled up by voracious Super U's on 10:55 - Jan 22 with 383 viewsnoah4x4

Am currently watching the full broadcast replay on I-Follow. Just pausing for reflection and tea break at HT.

What has struck me in the first 45 minutes is that I got a completely different perspective of this game from the South Stand when compared to this West Stand camera view. From the South Stand it looked as if Bradford sat back and gave us oodles of space. From the side (camera) view, it became clearer that both teams were incredibly well set up, totally structured and were each closing down the side in possession fast. Both sides had to work hard in possession. The U's were less dominant than my live match day perspective. Great defending by both teams.

Either side could have won this and I reckon a point each is wholly fair (like against Exeter). Had either stole it, the loser could have few complaints. Two good sides creating stalemate.. The disappointment is that we didn't beat Morecambe and Stevenage.
Bantams to be gobbled up by voracious Super U's on 11:52 - Jan 22 with 376 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to be gobbled up by voracious Super U's on 09:02 - Jan 22 by bwildered

Both teams cancelled each other out . Bradford had the better clear cut opportunities. Prosser and Pell worried the top tier of the South Stand with efforts in the second half.
One sub forced upon McG, but Senior replacing Nouble lost any physical presence upfront . Norris coming on with seven minutes remaining, far to late to ruffle the defenders.
Draw fair result

I understand Big Frank has a back injury which requires assessment.

The injuries are mounting up.

Saturday could be a golden opportunity to give Junior his chance up front not on the wing or midfield.

We still need someone to turn these chances into goals because whilst 14 games unbeaten is a great run, 8 drawn games has been the difference between the top three positions and the pack fighting for the play offs.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Bantams to be gobbled up by voracious Super U's on 21:32 - Jan 22 with 334 viewsGOSBTS

Bantams to be gobbled up by voracious Super U's on 10:55 - Jan 22 by noah4x4

Am currently watching the full broadcast replay on I-Follow. Just pausing for reflection and tea break at HT.

What has struck me in the first 45 minutes is that I got a completely different perspective of this game from the South Stand when compared to this West Stand camera view. From the South Stand it looked as if Bradford sat back and gave us oodles of space. From the side (camera) view, it became clearer that both teams were incredibly well set up, totally structured and were each closing down the side in possession fast. Both sides had to work hard in possession. The U's were less dominant than my live match day perspective. Great defending by both teams.

Either side could have won this and I reckon a point each is wholly fair (like against Exeter). Had either stole it, the loser could have few complaints. Two good sides creating stalemate.. The disappointment is that we didn't beat Morecambe and Stevenage.

You're right. I usually sit in the South but I sat in the West near the halfway line last night and it's almost like watching a different game. Such a different perspective.
Bantams to be gobbled up by voracious Super U's on 22:30 - Jan 22 with 325 viewsGOSBTS

To add I remember the U's playing a similar matchup against play-off contenders Forest Green Rovers on a Tuesday night in March last season, following a good home win the previous Saturday. That game we lost 3-0 at home. Comparing that to a last night's assured point against playoff contenders, for me it's a sign that this year is going to be different.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024