Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shoppers out in force 13:33 - Apr 9 with 10331 viewsdickythorpe

Lots of traffic about. Supermarkets rammed.
Shoppers out in force on 21:19 - Apr 9 with 1700 viewsHighjack

Shoppers out in force on 20:56 - Apr 9 by Dr_Winston

I would, but it'd probably be considered an unnecessary journey.

Use a sniper. Just remember to adjust for the curvature of the Earth, or alternatively use a Nikon scope from argos.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Shoppers out in force on 21:23 - Apr 9 with 1693 viewsDr_Winston

Shoppers out in force on 21:19 - Apr 9 by Highjack

Use a sniper. Just remember to adjust for the curvature of the Earth, or alternatively use a Nikon scope from argos.

I'd still have to drive at least half the way.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Shoppers out in force on 22:16 - Apr 9 with 1617 viewsCaptain_Sham

Shoppers out in force on 19:16 - Apr 9 by exiledclaseboy

This weekend will be a disaster. It’ll cost thousands of lives and will end up with tighter restrictions and for longer. People are tw@ts.

Gang of twenty plus people milling about at the bottom of my road this afternoon. Like a street party. Its not like that when there isn't a lockdown. There may be trouble ahead.

Its just a ride.

Shoppers out in force on 22:28 - Apr 9 with 1595 viewsJack123

Personally i would say, taking your car for a spin to keep it running smooth is ok once a week, just use a bit of common sense in it, I have only recently advised a relative to do so, travelled on their own, and just a quick 30 minute spin, they have to go back to work in a week or so, so it's either that or wait for the breakdown van, either flat battery or brakes seized up.

I think doing this, to an extent you are slightly breaking the rules, but you are not endangering anyone, at the moment there is way more blatant breaking of the rules.

libera nos a malo

Shoppers out in force on 22:33 - Apr 9 with 1574 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Shoppers out in force on 19:33 - Apr 9 by Neath_Jack

Yeah of course that's allowed.

You're not meant to just jump in the car and drive about, to charge your battery for example. Essential travel only, a flat battery doesn't tick that box.

You dont need to drive to charge you battery up. Just switch the engine on and stay in the drive save fuel.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Shoppers out in force on 22:38 - Apr 9 with 1562 viewsJack123

Shoppers out in force on 22:33 - Apr 9 by felixstowe_jack

You dont need to drive to charge you battery up. Just switch the engine on and stay in the drive save fuel.

Really? So no need for a spin? i didn't know that.. worra twa7 I feel now.

libera nos a malo

Shoppers out in force on 22:42 - Apr 9 with 1556 viewsNeathJack

Shoppers out in force on 22:28 - Apr 9 by Jack123

Personally i would say, taking your car for a spin to keep it running smooth is ok once a week, just use a bit of common sense in it, I have only recently advised a relative to do so, travelled on their own, and just a quick 30 minute spin, they have to go back to work in a week or so, so it's either that or wait for the breakdown van, either flat battery or brakes seized up.

I think doing this, to an extent you are slightly breaking the rules, but you are not endangering anyone, at the moment there is way more blatant breaking of the rules.

Stick a bag full of tinned food in the boot, and drive in the direction of a relative.
Shoppers out in force on 08:53 - Apr 10 with 1456 viewsNeath_Jack

Shoppers out in force on 22:33 - Apr 9 by felixstowe_jack

I know butt, you're telling the wrong person.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Shoppers out in force on 12:57 - Apr 10 with 1383 viewskarnataka

Shoppers out in force on 19:23 - Apr 9 by taffpunk

It's a tricky one tbh. I had to drive the 3 miles and back to my Record Shop today to pick up some boxes of CD's to enable me to work from home. That's allowed isn't it?

I will agree though, very few people about, but the amount of cars on the road was the highest for a while. Are you in the wrong if you're just driving around for an hour and not getting out of your vehicle, giving your car a run, so the battery doesn't go flat?

I'm no mechanic but I don't think your car has to move to do that surely? Just having the engine idling would charge the battery, no?
Shoppers out in force on 12:59 - Apr 10 with 1375 viewsJackfath

Is this thread for real?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Shoppers out in force on 13:04 - Apr 10 with 1369 viewstaffpunk

Shoppers out in force on 12:57 - Apr 10 by karnataka

I'm no mechanic but I don't think your car has to move to do that surely? Just having the engine idling would charge the battery, no?

I know that, just rather go for a drive that's all, I'm not getting out of the car, so can't see the harm.

Back to the original topic, went for a 7 mile walk this morning, the queues outside Asda, Home Bargains and Iceland were incredible. Called in our local corner shop, no one else in there, got everything we needed-easy!

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Shoppers out in force on 13:17 - Apr 10 with 1349 viewsHighjack

Thousands of people queueing outside Asda earlier. Don’t know what it was like inside, I gave up and went to the local shop for local people which was nice and quiet.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Shoppers out in force on 14:01 - Apr 10 with 1285 viewsNeath_Jack

Shoppers out in force on 13:17 - Apr 10 by Highjack

Thousands of people queueing outside Asda earlier. Don’t know what it was like inside, I gave up and went to the local shop for local people which was nice and quiet.

Just read a wales on line article about the queue at Asda, and one disgruntled contributor said "I was shocked. We are in a lockdown yet half of Swansea was in there in one place. I think it's disgusting".

So it's okay for Mark to go shopping at Asda, but not for the other people in the queue.

This is evidenced on this forum, pointing fingers at some, whilst openly not following the guidance themselves.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Shoppers out in force on 14:05 - Apr 10 with 1278 viewsHighjack

Shoppers out in force on 14:01 - Apr 10 by Neath_Jack

Just read a wales on line article about the queue at Asda, and one disgruntled contributor said "I was shocked. We are in a lockdown yet half of Swansea was in there in one place. I think it's disgusting".

So it's okay for Mark to go shopping at Asda, but not for the other people in the queue.

This is evidenced on this forum, pointing fingers at some, whilst openly not following the guidance themselves.

In my defence your honour I had literally no food in the house due to my general disorganisation in life.

Most of the trolleys coming out of there were full of trampolines, barbecues and alcohol. Hardly essential.

#ImwithMark

Shoppers out in force on 15:25 - Apr 10 with 1236 viewschad

Shoppers out in force on 20:54 - Apr 9 by Neath_Jack

The more cars on the road, the more likelihood of accidents happening = extra pressure on the NHS, which they can do without.

I'd love to get out on my enduro motorbike, but it'll wait a couple of months no problem.

Helmet handy for shopping mind

I have to make do with this

Shoppers out in force on 15:29 - Apr 10 with 1226 views3swan

Or if you don't want to queue maybe go online. https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/shopping/bq-queue-online-shopping-wait-40
Shoppers out in force on 15:32 - Apr 10 with 1216 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Our local shop has a four in at any one time rule, I went yesterday and there was not a queue and I got 90 percent of our weekly shop. The shop assistant said sales were about normal but with fewer people buying more.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Shoppers out in force on 16:02 - Apr 10 with 1184 viewsairedale

The original Asda system comprised letting a relatively large number of people in at opening time, which meant that the number of people leaving the store would be more frequent and that the line outside would move more quickly.

Good thinking.

Unfortunately inside the store you had lines of people queueing down the aisles for the tills which meant people had to flaunt the social distancing rules to get at the products.

So letting fewer people in, which means a slower moving line outside is seen as a safer option, and faster service at the Jack and Jill.
Shoppers out in force on 17:03 - Apr 10 with 1107 viewskarnataka

Shoppers out in force on 13:04 - Apr 10 by taffpunk

I know that, just rather go for a drive that's all, I'm not getting out of the car, so can't see the harm.

Back to the original topic, went for a 7 mile walk this morning, the queues outside Asda, Home Bargains and Iceland were incredible. Called in our local corner shop, no one else in there, got everything we needed-easy!

Fair enough. Me & the missus have 4 cars between us and at the moment we're only going shopping twice a week so we try to rotate them to give them all a bit of a run as the nearest supermarkets to us are 8-9 miles away.
Shoppers out in force on 18:00 - Apr 10 with 1057 viewsraynor94

Shoppers out in force on 17:03 - Apr 10 by karnataka

Fair enough. Me & the missus have 4 cars between us and at the moment we're only going shopping twice a week so we try to rotate them to give them all a bit of a run as the nearest supermarkets to us are 8-9 miles away.

Oooh look at me, we have 4 cars!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Shoppers out in force on 18:24 - Apr 10 with 1031 viewsMrSwerve

Shoppers out in force on 18:00 - Apr 10 by raynor94

Oooh look at me, we have 4 cars!

Subtle!

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Shoppers out in force on 19:28 - Apr 10 with 988 viewsDJack

So this is you...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Shoppers out in force on 20:00 - Apr 10 with 959 viewsexiledclaseboy

So after running the gauntlet of the thick tw@ts in Tesco who couldn’t follow a one way system if their life depended on it(despite the fact that it actually could) I’ve spent the afternoon in the garden with Magners (and the wife). No reason for me to venture out in public till next weekend now apart from walking the dog round the estate.

Terrified about how my car’s battery will cope mind.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 20:02]

Poll: Tory leader

Shoppers out in force on 21:27 - Apr 10 with 900 viewsdickythorpe

Shoppers out in force on 20:00 - Apr 10 by exiledclaseboy

So after running the gauntlet of the thick tw@ts in Tesco who couldn’t follow a one way system if their life depended on it(despite the fact that it actually could) I’ve spent the afternoon in the garden with Magners (and the wife). No reason for me to venture out in public till next weekend now apart from walking the dog round the estate.

Terrified about how my car’s battery will cope mind.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 20:02]

ECB, it's the preparedness and foresight of good people like yourself that reignite my rapidly waning thoughts on humanity.
I will after my shift tomorrow have no intention of answering my doorbell or phone.
It's a shít sandwich out there and we all have to take a bite.
Shoppers out in force on 21:34 - Apr 10 with 879 viewsSwanjaxs

Me and the missus have 4 pillows between us on the bed nowadays...

It's called a "pillow wall" apparently.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024