Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coved-19 tests 21:24 - May 30 with 1767 viewsLeadbelly

According to OWS 28 players and club staff were tested and there were 4 positive results. Not good news.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Coved-19 tests on 21:57 - May 30 with 1760 viewsdurham_exile

Not necessarily bad news
The four are currently self isolating for seven days
No reason to think that they won't be fit to resume training next week.
We wait out for encouraging news.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Coved-19 tests on 22:53 - May 30 with 1742 viewsburnsieespana

Also two from Exeter.
Coved-19 tests on 22:59 - May 30 with 1737 viewsGOSBTS

I have no agenda with this comment, just my instant reaction to the news: am I the only one that thinks it's odd that across the 4 League Two playoff teams there were 7 positive tests returned, yet out of the 20 Premier League teams there were zero today?
Coved-19 tests on 09:26 - May 31 with 1711 viewsbwildered

What was the turn round time regards test and result ?
How long are players tested before kick off game ?
If player returns positive while game is played , ALL players from both clubs will require seven day isolation .
What happens if trace and trace police contact somebody in squad during game ?

There is still a big balance of risk, especially has tests and tracking is still inadequate and the complete knowledge of the virus still unknown .

Has anyone had a test ?
If my cardboard cut out has the virus, do I self isolate for seven days, while it is out and about !!
[Post edited 31 May 2020 9:36]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Coved-19 tests on 14:47 - May 31 with 1660 viewsburnsieespana

As matter of interest anybody on here had a test and does anybody intend downloading the test and trace app?
Coved-19 tests on 16:23 - May 31 with 1646 viewsdurham_exile

Coved-19 tests on 14:47 - May 31 by burnsieespana

As matter of interest anybody on here had a test and does anybody intend downloading the test and trace app?

burnsie - we are about two to three weeks away from the Test and Trace going Nationwide.

I will download it when available and no I haven't had a test.

Stay safe

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Coved-19 tests on 21:28 - Jun 1 with 1561 viewsDaniel

Coved-19 tests on 14:47 - May 31 by burnsieespana

I'm routinely tested weekly at the moment as part of a national survey. Someone comes to my house and leaves a testing kit on my doorstep which I have to complete while they wait. It's an odd arrangement, but I'm very fortunate to be being tested so frequently.

No positive test yet!
Coved-19 tests on 22:01 - Jun 1 with 1557 viewsdurham_exile

Coved-19 tests on 21:28 - Jun 1 by Daniel

I'm routinely tested weekly at the moment as part of a national survey. Someone comes to my house and leaves a testing kit on my doorstep which I have to complete while they wait. It's an odd arrangement, but I'm very fortunate to be being tested so frequently.

No positive test yet!

Daniel you are the only person that I have actually heard of who is undergoing regular COVID-19 testing.

Good to hear all negative.

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Coved-19 tests on 20:43 - Jun 2 with 1504 viewsnoah4x4

It doesn't surprise me that four U's players have tested positive. Essex has the fourth highest case count, albeit it is a populous county. See https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/18322897.uk-cases-coronavirus-area-by-area/

On the return journey from Salford FC, we stopped at Peterborough Services where three coachloads of teenagers returning from a skiiing trip to Northern Italy were running rampant. Frankly, there was then quite low awareness of the developing crisis in Europe. But I consciously kept my distance.The fact that Kent is the most affected county perhaps should be no surprise given the gateway of the Channel Tunnel. Essex is adjacent (and to London).

I first felt a mild, but uncomfortable breathelessness when climbing to the top of the stand at Carlisle. At my age, this isn't unusual, so I thought no more about it. This was a week before all hell broke lose and air traffic closed overnight. By 14th March, I had a persistent cough, severe breathlessness, but no fever. I spoke to NHS 111 and went into immediate self isolation following their guidance. It wasn't until a week later that we all went into lockdown, but (IMHO) the damage was possibly done prior to that date by not closing our borders to Italy (we had, however closed borders with China and Iran). But we were dealing with the unknown. It is easy to criticise with hindsight.

My commitment to lockdown was solid for 14 days. It was easy with no football! I was never tested, but my doctor is convinced that I was exposed to the virus. Fortunately, I had severe pneumonia a few years ago and some immunity to that, which probably meant my situation was less severe than it might have been.

In summary, I suspect that although there has been reported 3,251 positively tested cases in Essex, the reality is probably nearer, 30,000 given that until recently only NHS staff were being tested. Medical guidance is there is no point in me taking an antibody test until it is proven that antibodies offer immunity. A positive test for antibodies might simply lead to complacency. Best we "stay alert".

In summary, I suspect Coronavirus has far been closer than folk imagine and we only hear of the severe cases. Many are asymptomatic (no symptoms), most like me (unconfirmed), are mild. But the peak was evidently six or more weeks ago. The link confirms Essx, Hertfordshire and Kent remain hotbeds. Those counties don't have a single Premier League or Championship football club. Perhaps Res Ipsa Loquitor?
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 20:59]
Coved-19 tests on 21:06 - Jun 2 with 1487 viewsdurham_exile

Coved-19 tests on 20:43 - Jun 2 by noah4x4

It doesn't surprise me that four U's players have tested positive. Essex has the fourth highest case count, albeit it is a populous county. See https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/18322897.uk-cases-coronavirus-area-by-area/

On the return journey from Salford FC, we stopped at Peterborough Services where three coachloads of teenagers returning from a skiiing trip to Northern Italy were running rampant. Frankly, there was then quite low awareness of the developing crisis in Europe. But I consciously kept my distance.The fact that Kent is the most affected county perhaps should be no surprise given the gateway of the Channel Tunnel. Essex is adjacent (and to London).

I first felt a mild, but uncomfortable breathelessness when climbing to the top of the stand at Carlisle. At my age, this isn't unusual, so I thought no more about it. This was a week before all hell broke lose and air traffic closed overnight. By 14th March, I had a persistent cough, severe breathlessness, but no fever. I spoke to NHS 111 and went into immediate self isolation following their guidance. It wasn't until a week later that we all went into lockdown, but (IMHO) the damage was possibly done prior to that date by not closing our borders to Italy (we had, however closed borders with China and Iran). But we were dealing with the unknown. It is easy to criticise with hindsight.

My commitment to lockdown was solid for 14 days. It was easy with no football! I was never tested, but my doctor is convinced that I was exposed to the virus. Fortunately, I had severe pneumonia a few years ago and some immunity to that, which probably meant my situation was less severe than it might have been.

In summary, I suspect that although there has been reported 3,251 positively tested cases in Essex, the reality is probably nearer, 30,000 given that until recently only NHS staff were being tested. Medical guidance is there is no point in me taking an antibody test until it is proven that antibodies offer immunity. A positive test for antibodies might simply lead to complacency. Best we "stay alert".

In summary, I suspect Coronavirus has far been closer than folk imagine and we only hear of the severe cases. Many are asymptomatic (no symptoms), most like me (unconfirmed), are mild. But the peak was evidently six or more weeks ago. The link confirms Essx, Hertfordshire and Kent remain hotbeds. Those counties don't have a single Premier League or Championship football club. Perhaps Res Ipsa Loquitor?
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 20:59]

Noah pleased that you are now fighting fit.

We shook hands at Carlisle but I've had no ill effects since then!!!!!!

I am in one of the at risk groups (cancer) and my letter confining me to barracks didn't arrive until April. Apart from hospital and GP appointments I haven't left home.

My sons do the shopping.

Ironically now is probably the most dangerous time because people have started to relax the restrictions.

I will continue to isolate and see what the situation is like in early July.

Stay safe take care

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Coved-19 tests on 06:13 - Jun 3 with 1460 viewsMoor_Pinot

Coved-19 tests on 21:06 - Jun 2 by durham_exile

Noah pleased that you are now fighting fit.

We shook hands at Carlisle but I've had no ill effects since then!!!!!!

I am in one of the at risk groups (cancer) and my letter confining me to barracks didn't arrive until April. Apart from hospital and GP appointments I haven't left home.

My sons do the shopping.

Ironically now is probably the most dangerous time because people have started to relax the restrictions.

I will continue to isolate and see what the situation is like in early July.

Stay safe take care

Up the U's

Stay home and stay safe Durham. I believe we are right to respect this horrid thing and it's not done with by a long chalk. The world will be very different out the other side of it.
Here we are two weeks ahead of the UK in terms of having recognised the potentiality. But it's still hit hard and cases are still being discovered everywhere. Deaths in the Vendee are in three figures, so despite lots of things being reopened on May 11th and the figures being far less severe like you I have changed nothing. We only emerge every three weeks to shop and to view the works on the tiny house we're having built. Otherwise, we stay in and with the potential of the tourists returning after June 22nd that's how we are going to be whilst this dreadful thing eventually passes through.... If! I remain grateful to be reasonably well at my age and also for clear, simple and unambiguous directives from government here. I need simple these days. Take care of yourself. There'll be some football again soon to cheer us a bit.

Moor Pinot

Coved-19 tests on 07:15 - Jun 3 with 1455 viewsnoah4x4

I had washed my hands only a minute before we shook hands Durham! Five pints in the Carlisle FC club house ensured that necessity.

But more seriously, this virus crept up on us without any warning. My point was that we had some awareness of what was happening in Italy suffice for me being wary of the students in Peterborough Services two weeks earlier. The timing suggests that I was infected later, which must have been in Colchester.

But with Kent, Essex (notably Southend) and Herts being hot spots, I suspect there has been a lot more untested local incidence than we perceive and definitely far greater than the published tested data. Rather than asking who has been tested, a more pertinent question is who has had symptoms and MIGHT have had the disease and felt the need to self isolate? The absence reports from employers of key workers suggest it was all around us two months ago, unless many of those folk were swinging the lead and taking a "sickie". I think public integrity is such that most had genuine illness and we have escaped far worse due to their sensible self isolation during those early days. But those first two weeks prior to 23rd March were critical.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 7:18]
Coved-19 tests on 11:02 - Jun 3 with 1433 viewsoxfcolu

Because of my job I have been tested and have had to adapt to these new working conditions.
I have been pleased to hear everyone on this forum are keeping ok.
I have not used the internet much since the end of March because there was no football or sport to read about. Also getting annoyed with pointless journalism and no real news.
Looking forward to the play offs and will be interested if it will be a free to air match on telly or a subscribe.
Stay safe everyone.
Coved-19 tests on 11:16 - Jun 3 with 1428 viewsnoah4x4

Coved-19 tests on 11:02 - Jun 3 by oxfcolu

Because of my job I have been tested and have had to adapt to these new working conditions.
I have been pleased to hear everyone on this forum are keeping ok.
I have not used the internet much since the end of March because there was no football or sport to read about. Also getting annoyed with pointless journalism and no real news.
Looking forward to the play offs and will be interested if it will be a free to air match on telly or a subscribe.
Stay safe everyone.

+1 for pointless journalism.

Surely it is great news that some in the 25,000 army of Contact Tracers are idle? That means there are fewer cases than capacity!

Surely it is great news that only 100,000 tests per day are being done and that is lower than the 200,000 capacity?

We want these numbers to come down not rise!

We didn't need special airport arrival quarantine for the last 8 weeks as we were all ALREADY in quarantine (or at least lockdown) and social distancing. It's only needed now social distancing is being relaxed.

Are some journalists thick?
Coved-19 tests on 19:16 - Jun 3 with 1396 viewsburnsieespana

Good to hear guys you are all okay.
Here in my village we have no reported cases but do seriously wonder.
My wife was really ill in mid Feb with many of the symptoms and other people we know.
I was in London 9/10/11 March for a British Legion Conference and even then Gatwick was a ghostly place but had no idea how bad things would become.
Our bars are now open so starting to go out again but lots of social distancing with tables and chairs disinfected after every user.
We are not able to travel from one province to the other do a bit like not being able to travel out of Essex.
Meantime guys stay safe and Alert.
Coved-19 tests on 16:02 - Jun 8 with 1320 viewsdurham_exile

The latest positive test from League Two emanated from Exeter City.

No more for Colchester and all players now training in small groups pending contact training this week.

We just need the EFL to get their fingers out tomorrow and confirm the League Two play offs can start soon!

Up the League One orientated Super U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024