Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Black Lives Matter 19:25 - May 31 with 17112 viewsThacks_Rabbits

The most obvious of statements to anyone with quarter of a brain, and yet what a paradox when we have thousands of morons ignoring social distancing, to protest about something, when it’s medically thought that black people are more susceptible. (Yes I know it was not all black people bit majority was).

It appears that the ex police officer and the deceased had personal issues between themselves and as such it’s likely to have nothing to do with race, but that does not stop some protesting in the USA by getting themselves a new tv and burning down a shop.

In no way did he deserve to die, I am sure we all agree, he was a violent criminal but seemed to have turned his life around, but as the tail wags the dog in the USA, fleas start jumping around in the uk.

The police do nothing, had it been the EDL lot then they would have, but they are toothless and only good for telling pensioners off for not understanding the rules.

We have had Cummings hammered, deservedly all week (won’t watch the last leg any more as it’s so left wing it’s sick), but when the second spike hits, it will be down to Boris, not these dickheads ignoring all advice.

To summarise, of course all lives matter, but if you don’t know that already, you won’t ever learn it!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Black Lives Matter on 11:48 - Jun 1 with 1678 viewsSuddenLad

The fact is that racism exists everywhere in all places. Football terraces, Police forces, teaching staff rooms, government buildings, the local pub, the old folks home - everywhere you can think of.

People who spend a lifetime holding prejudicial and racist attitudes won't change overnight. Many of them genuinely don't think it's wrong to hold such views, or that there is a problem with the way they think.

It is perfectly correct that the officers were sacked, correct that the one in question has been charged, but entirely wrong that he has only been charged with murder in the third degree. That roughly equates to what we would call manslaughter.

Juries in the USA are notoriously fickle and there is far less certainty of a conviction if you start out with the lowest level offence.

He should have been charged with murder in the first degree to allow the jury to decide if a lesser charge would be appropriate. If you start out with the minimum, the only other option is an acquittal.

Whatever thoughts are on racism, there is equally no excuse for torching buildings and looting businesses, stealing expensive goods and rioting. That isn't protesting, it's nothing but criminal behaviour and has nothing to do with the George Floyd incident.

Many parts of the USA are a powder keg at the moment and unless attitudes change, it could be a long summer of fires and riots, and ultimately (and ironically) more unnecessary and avoidable deaths will occur.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Black Lives Matter on 11:56 - Jun 1 with 1663 viewsD_Alien

Black Lives Matter on 11:48 - Jun 1 by SuddenLad

The fact is that racism exists everywhere in all places. Football terraces, Police forces, teaching staff rooms, government buildings, the local pub, the old folks home - everywhere you can think of.

People who spend a lifetime holding prejudicial and racist attitudes won't change overnight. Many of them genuinely don't think it's wrong to hold such views, or that there is a problem with the way they think.

It is perfectly correct that the officers were sacked, correct that the one in question has been charged, but entirely wrong that he has only been charged with murder in the third degree. That roughly equates to what we would call manslaughter.

Juries in the USA are notoriously fickle and there is far less certainty of a conviction if you start out with the lowest level offence.

He should have been charged with murder in the first degree to allow the jury to decide if a lesser charge would be appropriate. If you start out with the minimum, the only other option is an acquittal.

Whatever thoughts are on racism, there is equally no excuse for torching buildings and looting businesses, stealing expensive goods and rioting. That isn't protesting, it's nothing but criminal behaviour and has nothing to do with the George Floyd incident.

Many parts of the USA are a powder keg at the moment and unless attitudes change, it could be a long summer of fires and riots, and ultimately (and ironically) more unnecessary and avoidable deaths will occur.

Good post, and you're right about the powder keg. It's brewing up to become another summer of '68, when the background then was the Vietnam war and the death of Martin Luther King. Protesting students were shot on university campuses

52 years on, a black president on, and how little has changed

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Black Lives Matter on 12:10 - Jun 1 with 1638 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Black Lives Matter on 11:31 - Jun 1 by jonesy

I think you have proved that it is impossible to discuss anything involving black people and white people without being labelled racist. It is a minefield. Best stay quiet. And who the hell icelanddale is with his comments god knows. Surprised it is allowed on here. Not heard from him before, just waiting to get some insults in.
Just relax and let the world go to sh1t.

And what the hell is happening about league 1?

Icelanddale, coming on here taking our posts!
Do you get irony?
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 12:11]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Black Lives Matter on 12:15 - Jun 1 with 1630 viewsSuddenLad

The first serious riots I recall were the Watts riots in Los Angeles in 1965. Would you believe that it all began with an African-American male, being pulled over by a white LAPD officer for an alleged offence of reckless driving. The drivers' brother went home for their mother, she appeared and rollocked her son for drink/driving, a crowd gathered, someone pushed her, someone 'jumped' the officer, etc., etc,.

Six days of rioting, looting and arson followed.

All but 60 years ago and no further forward. A vicious circle with no apparent end.

Black Lives Matter on 12:21 - Jun 1 with 1615 viewsTVOS1907

Black Lives Matter on 12:10 - Jun 1 by BigDaveMyCock

Do you get irony?

FarmFoodsDale will be appearing next.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Black Lives Matter on 12:23 - Jun 1 with 1612 viewsjonesy

Black Lives Matter on 12:21 - Jun 1 by TVOS1907

Remember Bejam?
Black Lives Matter on 12:27 - Jun 1 with 1599 viewsBigDaveMyCock

2 for the price of 1.

Black Lives Matter on 12:33 - Jun 1 with 1585 viewsrochdaleriddler

Wonder if jack Fulton will use his real name

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Black Lives Matter on 12:34 - Jun 1 with 1586 viewsDaleiLama

Black Lives Matter on 12:27 - Jun 1 by BigDaveMyCock

2 for the price of 1.

Bogoff

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Black Lives Matter on 12:35 - Jun 1 with 1578 viewsTVOS1907

Black Lives Matter on 12:23 - Jun 1 by jonesy

Remember Bejam?

No

Black Lives Matter on 12:36 - Jun 1 with 1574 viewsjonesy

Black Lives Matter on 12:10 - Jun 1 by BigDaveMyCock

Do you get irony?

What? A country with one of the lowest number of non-whites in the world. Very apt really.
Black Lives Matter on 12:56 - Jun 1 with 1536 viewsjonesy

Black Lives Matter on 12:35 - Jun 1 by TVOS1907

No

Youngster.
Black Lives Matter on 13:01 - Jun 1 with 1527 viewsTVOS1907

Black Lives Matter on 12:56 - Jun 1 by jonesy

Youngster.

Not really

Black Lives Matter on 13:25 - Jun 1 with 1486 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Black Lives Matter on 12:36 - Jun 1 by jonesy

What? A country with one of the lowest number of non-whites in the world. Very apt really.

How is that apt?

Black Lives Matter on 13:32 - Jun 1 with 1475 viewsD_Alien

Black Lives Matter on 13:25 - Jun 1 by BigDaveMyCock

How is that apt?

Perhaps he meant apped?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Black Lives Matter on 13:45 - Jun 1 with 1437 viewsfrenzied

Black Lives Matter on 11:56 - Jun 1 by D_Alien

Good post, and you're right about the powder keg. It's brewing up to become another summer of '68, when the background then was the Vietnam war and the death of Martin Luther King. Protesting students were shot on university campuses

52 years on, a black president on, and how little has changed

Perhaps they thought having an orange president may make the differentce..sadly not!
Black Lives Matter on 14:47 - Jun 1 with 1365 viewsJumeirahDale

Black Lives Matter on 20:11 - May 31 by Thacks_Rabbits

I agreed totally with Colin taking a knee, but to assume a police force is racist is ridiculous. Certainly forces will have issues with certain members of the community, but that’s not racism, that’s learning and understanding the likely perpetrator.

Certain crimes are linked to certain races and countries, is that racist?

"to assume a police force is racist is ridiculous"

It really isn't. There have been countless studies over the last decade or two which have found overwhelming evidence of inherent racism in multiple police forces across the country. This is exactly where the disenfranchisement stems from - the population are being told the answer, but are refusing to even acknowledge there is a question.
Black Lives Matter on 14:52 - Jun 1 with 1362 viewsJumeirahDale

Black Lives Matter on 21:08 - May 31 by Plattyswrinklynuts

I agree wholeheartedly with your comments re Mr Floyd Riddler. I have read several disturbing accounts recently where (exclusively white) people have either abused/assaulted or even murdered black people for absolutely no reason other than the colour of their skin.
A particularly pathetic instance was a white woman in Central Park in New York who called the police when a black man asked her to put her dog on a lead in an area where dogs aren’t allowed to roam freely. The woman stated the man was threatening her life. He was doing nothing of the sort (he sensibly filmed the confrontation) but it could have ended very badly. The woman has been sacked from her job.
The black community in The US are routinely harassed by the police. It’s bad enough that their forebears were dragged there against their will, it appears that over 150 years after the civil war attitudes towards them have barely changed. That doesn’t condone the disgusting scenes of looting & destruction by elements seeking to take advantage of the current situation however.

The Central Park case is just as telling as that of George Floyd. Think very hard about what the woman was doing in this case, and put aside what may or may not have happened if NYPD had intervened here and consider her strategy. To an African American man, this woman inherently KNEW that the prospect of NYPD attending the scene was a threat to this man, because of the colour of his skin. She knows that in an argument with a black man, the police are her trump card (pun intended). At that specific moment, the police were a weapon for her to use against somebody different. That speaks not only to her racism, but her inherent understanding of how the system "works" for people like her, and THAT is the problem.
Black Lives Matter on 15:20 - Jun 1 with 1317 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Black Lives Matter on 14:52 - Jun 1 by JumeirahDale

The Central Park case is just as telling as that of George Floyd. Think very hard about what the woman was doing in this case, and put aside what may or may not have happened if NYPD had intervened here and consider her strategy. To an African American man, this woman inherently KNEW that the prospect of NYPD attending the scene was a threat to this man, because of the colour of his skin. She knows that in an argument with a black man, the police are her trump card (pun intended). At that specific moment, the police were a weapon for her to use against somebody different. That speaks not only to her racism, but her inherent understanding of how the system "works" for people like her, and THAT is the problem.

Absolutely, it’s the way she keeps on referring to him as being ‘African-American’. She’s fully aware that this very fact will put him in a far more precarious position. The actual situation doesn’t justify punishment but his ethnicity does. It’s just awful.

Black Lives Matter on 16:29 - Jun 1 with 1232 viewsNigeriamark

Black Lives Matter on 11:48 - Jun 1 by SuddenLad

other than the race side of this, some US states have a very odd view of the self defence laws. Outside the home, you are entitled to defend yourself if you THINK you might be under threat. Its actually very difficult to prove a thought hence some seemingly obvious murders including some white police on black men have used this interpretation to the extreme. The defence in this case will undoubtedly use this defence, i.e even almost 10 minutes into the event and the guy unconscious, they still feared he could reach for a gun or overpower the 4 of them
One of the previous cases literally had a policeman holding a guy on the ground & then his colleague shot him. You can say you thought you saw his hand move towards a pocket and thought he may have a gun and better to shoot than risk it

Also happened in non racial crimes, including people causing arguments and then shooting the person who they started the argument with on the grounds that they were getting verbally violent and they thought they were under threat

Amazing what thought can do
Black Lives Matter on 16:33 - Jun 1 with 1227 viewsjonesy

I see my humorous response to apped has been removed. We seem to have some subtle censorship going on here. Can the person responsible explain why?
Interestingly you have not removed the posts by icelanddale and rochdaleriddler attacking thacksrabbit. Are direct insults allowed?

I look forward to a response.
Black Lives Matter on 16:44 - Jun 1 with 1208 viewsAtThePeake

Black Lives Matter on 16:33 - Jun 1 by jonesy

I see my humorous response to apped has been removed. We seem to have some subtle censorship going on here. Can the person responsible explain why?
Interestingly you have not removed the posts by icelanddale and rochdaleriddler attacking thacksrabbit. Are direct insults allowed?

It wasn't intended to be subtle. It was removed because it was racist. And "humorous" is not a word I would use to describe it, either.

Tangled up in blue.

Black Lives Matter on 16:49 - Jun 1 with 1193 viewsChaffRAFC

Black Lives Matter on 16:33 - Jun 1 by jonesy

Yours isn't the only message to be deleted in this thread having now been able to read through it.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Black Lives Matter on 16:56 - Jun 1 with 1170 viewsSuddenLad

Black Lives Matter on 16:29 - Jun 1 by Nigeriamark

other than the race side of this, some US states have a very odd view of the self defence laws. Outside the home, you are entitled to defend yourself if you THINK you might be under threat. Its actually very difficult to prove a thought hence some seemingly obvious murders including some white police on black men have used this interpretation to the extreme. The defence in this case will undoubtedly use this defence, i.e even almost 10 minutes into the event and the guy unconscious, they still feared he could reach for a gun or overpower the 4 of them
One of the previous cases literally had a policeman holding a guy on the ground & then his colleague shot him. You can say you thought you saw his hand move towards a pocket and thought he may have a gun and better to shoot than risk it

Also happened in non racial crimes, including people causing arguments and then shooting the person who they started the argument with on the grounds that they were getting verbally violent and they thought they were under threat

Amazing what thought can do

Even if an officer is 'in immediate fear of his life' the objective is not necessarily to kill the offender but to render him 'unable to act', (neutralise) and therefore remove the threat. Shooting him in the legs or arms is advised (and preferable) to firing at his head or upper torso. 'Disarm but not with lethal force'

Any sane individual would see that George Floyd was rendered 'unable to act' the minute he lost consciousness, and any further intervention from that moment onwards was unnecessary. In fact, the officer, at that point, had a duty to assist Mr. Floyd and ensure he was treated accordingly.

It's a sh!tshow, an unholy mess. Radical thought and action is necessary to stop this from escalating into a national crisis, because the blue touch paper has already been lit.

George Floyd deserves justice, but black African-Americans generally deserve respect. Those who continue to riot and loot are doing their cause more harm than good and only further entrenching the views of the people they already despise.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 19:26]

Black Lives Matter on 17:00 - Jun 1 with 1153 viewsrochdaleriddler

Black Lives Matter on 16:44 - Jun 1 by AtThePeake

It wasn't intended to be subtle. It was removed because it was racist. And "humorous" is not a word I would use to describe it, either.

This is racist, but it’s still there.
“You travel to London on the tube, a little girl bumps into you and you notice your wallet is gone

News breaks of 2 men running around London with knives attacking people

A youth from south east London has died after a gang related stabbing

Every one of the above will have you thinking of a race or country, does that make you racist, no, it’s just experience and learning. “
Thacksrabbits

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024