Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Black Lives Matter 19:25 - May 31 with 17113 viewsThacks_Rabbits

The most obvious of statements to anyone with quarter of a brain, and yet what a paradox when we have thousands of morons ignoring social distancing, to protest about something, when it’s medically thought that black people are more susceptible. (Yes I know it was not all black people bit majority was).

It appears that the ex police officer and the deceased had personal issues between themselves and as such it’s likely to have nothing to do with race, but that does not stop some protesting in the USA by getting themselves a new tv and burning down a shop.

In no way did he deserve to die, I am sure we all agree, he was a violent criminal but seemed to have turned his life around, but as the tail wags the dog in the USA, fleas start jumping around in the uk.

The police do nothing, had it been the EDL lot then they would have, but they are toothless and only good for telling pensioners off for not understanding the rules.

We have had Cummings hammered, deservedly all week (won’t watch the last leg any more as it’s so left wing it’s sick), but when the second spike hits, it will be down to Boris, not these dickheads ignoring all advice.

To summarise, of course all lives matter, but if you don’t know that already, you won’t ever learn it!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Black Lives Matter (n/t) on 19:24 - Jun 3 with 2500 viewsDale23years

Black Lives Matter on 19:02 - Jun 3 by BigDaveMyCock

What aspects of fascism appeal to you?

[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 19:42]

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Black Lives Matter on 19:25 - Jun 3 with 2494 viewsfermin

Black Lives Matter on 19:02 - Jun 3 by BigDaveMyCock

What aspects of fascism appeal to you?

How on earth do you get that from what he has posted?
Black Lives Matter on 19:26 - Jun 3 with 2487 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Black Lives Matter on 18:58 - Jun 3 by Dale23years

And I tell you again am anti discrimination not rocket science

I’ve got a sneaky feeling that you anti-discrimination stance leans very much on the ‘black lives matter’ is discriminatory side.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Black Lives Matter on 19:28 - Jun 3 with 2465 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Black Lives Matter on 19:25 - Jun 3 by fermin

How on earth do you get that from what he has posted?

I’ve asked him the question. He could say none.

Black Lives Matter on 19:29 - Jun 3 with 2462 viewsDale23years

Black Lives Matter on 19:26 - Jun 3 by BigDaveMyCock

I’ve got a sneaky feeling that you anti-discrimination stance leans very much on the ‘black lives matter’ is discriminatory side.

Are you gonna reply bk to my post

Black Lives Matter on 19:30 - Jun 3 with 2455 viewsD_Alien

Black Lives Matter on 19:26 - Jun 3 by BigDaveMyCock

I doubt anyone cares much about your sneaky feelings, but i have to admit you've got a great line in virtue-signalling

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Black Lives Matter on 19:34 - Jun 3 with 2427 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Black Lives Matter on 19:29 - Jun 3 by Dale23years

Are you gonna reply bk to my post

Which post is this? I can’t see one that asks a question.

Black Lives Matter on 19:35 - Jun 3 with 2415 viewsDale23years

Black Lives Matter on 19:34 - Jun 3 by BigDaveMyCock

Which post is this? I can’t see one that asks a question.

Start of page.

Login to get fewer ads

Black Lives Matter on 19:41 - Jun 3 with 2390 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Black Lives Matter (n/t) on 19:24 - Jun 3 by Dale23years

[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 19:42]

Thanks for answering my question. I’m sorry you’ve also had run ins with fascists. They really are fooking awful.

Black Lives Matter on 19:48 - Jun 3 with 2370 viewsDale23years

Black Lives Matter on 19:41 - Jun 3 by BigDaveMyCock

Thanks for answering my question. I’m sorry you’ve also had run ins with fascists. They really are fooking awful.

Like I say again had the comments from People who class themselves as anti fascist. That hurt just as much as we classed them as friends. Then the you know am only joking comments comes, if you even think it it's wrong and racist.

This is why I class myself as anti discrimination cause I've seen it from both sides.

Anyway have a nice evening.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 19:48]

Black Lives Matter on 19:56 - Jun 3 with 2341 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Black Lives Matter on 19:48 - Jun 3 by Dale23years

Like I say again had the comments from People who class themselves as anti fascist. That hurt just as much as we classed them as friends. Then the you know am only joking comments comes, if you even think it it's wrong and racist.

This is why I class myself as anti discrimination cause I've seen it from both sides.

Anyway have a nice evening.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 19:48]

I’m sorry that you you’ve received such comments from people who would class themselves as anti-fascist. They clearly weren’t. I would class myself as being anti-fascist, in that, I am against the political theory and practices of fascism and that includes being against the kind of comments you were subject to. You also have a good evening.

Black Lives Matter on 21:16 - Jun 3 with 2260 viewsJumeirahDale

Black Lives Matter on 19:24 - Jun 3 by fermin

Probably when some on the left decided to redefine Fascism to mean anybody who disagrees with their ideology. It really is not perjorative to be against real Fascism and the genuine far-right, but the term has been hijacked. When you get people in the UK thinking they live in a Fascist, even Nazi, dictatorship the term ceases to have any real meaning and is an insult to those who genuinely had to endure Nazi/Fascist rule in the 1930s/40s.

I imagine the current AntiFa would regard many of the soldiers in the Allied armies as Fascists themselves given the way the term has moved and how societal attitudes have changed for the better in the intervening decades (though pointing this out is not always welcomed). Normally left-wing identity politics activists like to reinterpret the past and people from the past negatively and anachronistically - it is surprising to see them suddenly sanctify it when it suits.

A different view of looting:

I was going to say some other things but I think I will just post a few links.

I am not qualified to judge it academically but I did find this paper which from reading as a layman seems reasonably objective (and it is based on data collated partly by the Guardian so that is unimpeachable) and is a bit contrary to the mainstream perception:

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/32/15877

Perhaps it would be a good idea to think about police violence in the context of a violent society with many powerful weapons freely available. This article from 2016 makes some good points, I think, and it is sad that I feel I have to point out that the author is black:

https://time.com/4404987/police-violence/

At one point he says 'Many might reasonably assume that on the topic of the police, the purpose of this conversation will be to inform white America of the role that racist bias plays in these lethal encounters. However, might we open up to the possibility that the conversation will also include black people learning that racist bias may play much less of a role in these cases than one might think?'

Here is a disturbing video of the Shaver case mentioned in the above article:

And here is another not that dissimilar to the current case:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tony-timpa-disturbing-video-shows-dallas-officers-j

I haven't heard anyone on the left redefine fascism to mean anyone who disagrees with their idealogy other than Vyvian in "The Young Ones". With regards to the UK, I agree, but unless you're working from a definition that I haven't seen, there are a worrying number of elements in the definition of fascism that the US is either currently satisfying (exalts nation over the individual, forcible suppression of the opposition - and I refer to voter suppression just as much, if not more, than recent events), or has been signaled by the current Commander-in-Chief to be on his list of desires.
Black Lives Matter on 21:26 - Jun 14 with 2009 viewsblackdogblue

Black Lives Matter on 21:16 - Jun 3 by JumeirahDale

I haven't heard anyone on the left redefine fascism to mean anyone who disagrees with their idealogy other than Vyvian in "The Young Ones". With regards to the UK, I agree, but unless you're working from a definition that I haven't seen, there are a worrying number of elements in the definition of fascism that the US is either currently satisfying (exalts nation over the individual, forcible suppression of the opposition - and I refer to voter suppression just as much, if not more, than recent events), or has been signaled by the current Commander-in-Chief to be on his list of desires.

Getting a bit hissed off now with the news & with people taking the hiss, looting, riots, this “group” vs “that group”, tear this statue down, let’s defend this statue....

FFS... what happened to ALL LIIVES MATTER..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Black Lives Matter on 21:37 - Jun 14 with 1988 viewsJames1980

Black Lives Matter on 21:26 - Jun 14 by blackdogblue

Getting a bit hissed off now with the news & with people taking the hiss, looting, riots, this “group” vs “that group”, tear this statue down, let’s defend this statue....

FFS... what happened to ALL LIIVES MATTER..

They don't there in lies the problem. The phrase you refer however is not the best due it requiring explanation via analogies and comic strips to illustrate them.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Black Lives Matter on 21:46 - Jun 14 with 1977 viewsfrenzied

Priti Patel..not my favourite politician but i think she had every right to speak of her experiences with racism..to then be vilified and accused of gas lighting other peoples issues was out of order and then to top it all be called a "coconut" by so called "black influencers"..ie to say she isn't "black enough" was about as bad as it gets.

So for me it shows sections within the BLM or right wing movements clearly have different agendas..its just that the moderates and reasonable get no media attention and fuels the fire within the hard of thinking mob within each group..the press love it..
Black Lives Matter on 21:51 - Jun 14 with 1960 viewsSuddenLad

Black Lives Matter on 21:46 - Jun 14 by frenzied

Priti Patel..not my favourite politician but i think she had every right to speak of her experiences with racism..to then be vilified and accused of gas lighting other peoples issues was out of order and then to top it all be called a "coconut" by so called "black influencers"..ie to say she isn't "black enough" was about as bad as it gets.

So for me it shows sections within the BLM or right wing movements clearly have different agendas..its just that the moderates and reasonable get no media attention and fuels the fire within the hard of thinking mob within each group..the press love it..

The press not only love it, they positively stoke the fires to inflame the tensions. They need to rein themselves back. Freedom to report is essential, but they have a responsibility to be honest and balanced in the way they do it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Black Lives Matter on 22:17 - Jun 14 with 1927 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Black Lives Matter on 23:35 - Jun 14 with 1855 viewsdownunder

Black Lives Matter on 21:51 - Jun 14 by SuddenLad

The press not only love it, they positively stoke the fires to inflame the tensions. They need to rein themselves back. Freedom to report is essential, but they have a responsibility to be honest and balanced in the way they do it.

This interview was pointed out to me. The host is rude, but at least you can say he has researched. The answers he gets are worrying, in the least.

Mike Graham Gary McFarlane YouTube
[Post edited 14 Jun 2020 23:38]
Black Lives Matter on 10:01 - Jun 15 with 1711 viewsSandyman

Black Lives Matter on 21:51 - Jun 14 by SuddenLad

A responsibility none of the sales driven newspapers partake in.
Only Private Eye does that. Critical, investigative journalism at it's best.
Black Lives Matter on 09:24 - Jun 17 with 1434 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Whilst I’m certainly no fan of the media, we have to be a little careful here because it buys into a wider narrative. For example, two events occurred over the weekend that weren’t very favourable for the public perception of the (far) right-wing protestors. These were the tit peeing near the memorial of the Policeman tragically killed by the terrorist and the tit being saved by the black man after his invitation to come and have a go if you think you’re hard enough was accepted and, unlucky for him, they were.
The right-wing’s response to this has been it’s a media stitch-up, that is, it was staged by the media. Meanwhile, in the real world, it clearly wasn’t. How the hell would the Daily Mail be able to, for example, organise the tit being rescued by the black man? Right you lot, stop demonstrating and forget your differences and you pick him up and you look all pathetic etc. Furthermore, the tit peeing near the memorial has admitted it (complete with tears and the usual defence of intoxication and I’ve got mental health issues) and been found guilty in a court of law.
The blaming of the media here really derives from the media reporting something they don’t like rather than it being untrue. However, that’s not what the media should do. If it does you’re into real Trump territory there - everything I don’t like or want to hear, despite its truth, is fake.

Black Lives Matter on 10:46 - Jun 17 with 1368 viewsncfc_chalky

The bloke that urinated against the memorial got sentenced to 14 days imprisonment which seems a bit harsh to me,don't get me wrong he should be punished but there are lots of repeat offenders going to court who never go to prison

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Black Lives Matter on 10:53 - Jun 17 with 1362 viewsSuddenLad

Harsh??

I think PC Keith Palmer deserves more respect for sacrificing his life, than to have his memorial pi$$ed on by some drunken yob.

He deserved every day of his 14 day imprisonment.

Or, he can appeal against his sentence, as the man did who spat in the face of a Policeman whilst being arrested, claiming that he had Covid-19.

He was originally sentenced to 30 days . The Judge doubled it to 60 days. Result.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Black Lives Matter on 12:30 - Jun 17 with 1275 viewsD_Alien

Reportage of actual events is always to be welcomed, it's what news outlets are for

Showing someone pissing on a memorial, or showing someone being lifted out of harms way speaks for itself

Presented with these images/events, and the context in which they occurred, we make our own judgements

This type of reportage stretches back a long way. I recall as far back as watching footage of the Vietnam War, with the US carpet-bombing villages out of existence. No commentary was needed; public opinion turned and the war was lost

Screening the killing of George Floyd is another example that needs no interpretation

Where broadcast media often, and increasingly get it wrong, is in presenting events in such a way as to try to sway public opinion, due to the opinions held by those in front of screen or responsible for editing new programmes. This applies whatever the political leanings of those involved

[Post edited 17 Jun 2020 12:34]

Black Lives Matter on 12:33 - Jun 17 with 1268 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Black Lives Matter on 12:30 - Jun 17 by D_Alien

Reportage of actual events is always to be welcomed, it's what news outlets are for

Showing someone pissing on a memorial, or showing someone being lifted out of harms way speaks for itself

Presented with these images/events, and the context in which they occurred, we make our own judgements

This type of reportage stretches back a long way. I recall as far back as watching footage of the Vietnam War, with the US carpet-bombing villages out of existence. No commentary was needed; public opinion turned and the war was lost

Screening the killing of George Floyd is another example that needs no interpretation

Where broadcast media often, and increasingly get it wrong, is in presenting events in such a way as to try to sway public opinion, due to the opinions held by those in front of screen or responsible for editing new programmes. This applies whatever the political leanings of those involved

[Post edited 17 Jun 2020 12:34]

Can you provide an example?

Black Lives Matter on 12:36 - Jun 17 with 1263 viewsD_Alien

Black Lives Matter on 12:33 - Jun 17 by BigDaveMyCock

Can you provide an example?

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/may/27/bbc-switches-emily-maitlis-in-news

The perfect example, where we are capable of making our own minds up, and did

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024