Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Collared. 19:38 - Jul 1 with 1747 viewsbwildered

U's OWS now advertising NEW U's shirt for season 20/21. However struggled to see any change except that collar has been redesigned . Not sure this justifies full outlay for those who already have last seasons radical change, especially in these times.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Collared. on 19:44 - Jul 1 with 1740 viewsdurham_exile

bwildered, just goes to show why I don't run a football club.

In my season preview recently I had the temerity to state that I didn't think clubs would produce new shirts given the financial limitations. Shows how much I know.

Now the shirt itself. It is brilliant. Incorporates the Eagle deisgn into the pattern.

I bought the blue home shirt last season and it was lucky (mostly). Will definitely preorder one of the new home shirts.

My youngest son also wants one - likes the Eagle design!

Up the U's
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 22:58]

Durham_exile

Collared. on 00:10 - Jul 2 with 1704 viewsLeadbelly

Collared. on 19:44 - Jul 1 by durham_exile

In my season preview recently I had the temerity to state that I didn't think clubs would produce new shirts given the financial limitations. Shows how much I know.

Now the shirt itself. It is brilliant. Incorporates the Eagle deisgn into the pattern.

I bought the blue home shirt last season and it was lucky (mostly). Will definitely preorder one of the new home shirts.

Up the U's

Didn’t like the current design and this is even worse. Bring back stripes.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Collared. on 00:53 - Jul 2 with 1699 viewswessex_exile

Collared. on 19:44 - Jul 1 by durham_exile

Up the U's

I don’t mind it too much either, though obviously I’m assuming the experiment will eventually revert back to blue and white stripes. Any club not trying to maximise every single penny of sales at the moment are probably going to be up the creek, so can’t fault the club for doing so.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Collared. on 11:38 - Jul 2 with 1667 viewsburnsieespana

Collared. on 00:53 - Jul 2 by wessex_exile

I don’t mind it too much either, though obviously I’m assuming the experiment will eventually revert back to blue and white stripes. Any club not trying to maximise every single penny of sales at the moment are probably going to be up the creek, so can’t fault the club for doing so.

Agree completely. We will have to be very understanding.
Those who can afford to support the club will do so.
Collared. on 12:30 - Jul 2 with 1659 viewsFruitbat

Nope. Didn't like this season's one and don't like that. The words of the song are "up the good old whites and blues" not "up the good old blues with motley tie-dyed effect bird".

We haven't had two worse kits since the Strovers monstrosity.
Collared. on 16:52 - Jul 2 with 1641 viewsnoah4x4

I didn't buy a shirt last year and won't this.

The U's are blue & white and these new shirts are both tight and shi5.

Macron fittings are terrible. How can I be an M & S, Gant, Polo or similar size 2XL and a Macron 5XL? For two years I tried to buy a shirt, but the shop never once had one in stock that fit me. I am fed up with blatant sizism where athletic blokes of rugby player build and size 13 feet have to resort to the Internet for everything at inflated costs.
Collared. on 21:40 - Jul 17 with 1551 viewsdurham_exile

New home shirts arrived today.

I know they haven't met with universal support but it is a good shirt and the eagle design is quite superb.

Super U's to be soaring next season.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Collared. on 11:54 - Jul 18 with 1517 viewsbwildered

U's OWS shows new away kit about to be unveiled, shorts and socks are black, however the shirt is tantalizingly not shown. Never had green, purple or pink away shirt, so what's the chances or back to red, white or yellow .

Login to get fewer ads

Collared. on 15:37 - Aug 13 with 1425 viewsmfb_cufc

The new away kit has finally been revealed.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/august/new-away-kit/

mfb

Collared. on 16:07 - Aug 13 with 1404 viewsFruitbat

Collared. on 15:37 - Aug 13 by mfb_cufc

The new away kit has finally been revealed.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/august/new-away-kit/

Horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible.

When is the Macron contract up? Soon hopefully, they've delivered a series of really awful kits.
Collared. on 16:51 - Aug 13 with 1391 viewsLeadbelly

Collared. on 16:07 - Aug 13 by Fruitbat

Horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible.

When is the Macron contract up? Soon hopefully, they've delivered a series of really awful kits.

Agreed. The club shop will resemble an army surplus store.

Collared. on 17:00 - Aug 13 with 1389 viewsMoor_Pinot

Collared. on 16:51 - Aug 13 by Leadbelly

Agreed. The club shop will resemble an army surplus store.

Absolutely shocking ghastly.
Looks like a worker for a wildlife Trust, only needs the fleece jacket.
Blue and white stripes please Robbie.

Moor Pinot

Collared. on 17:02 - Aug 13 with 1389 viewsbwildered

Available in your local Army & Navy store. Careful here - Pea green . A p!ss poor effort - ooops .

Collared. on 17:12 - Aug 13 with 1384 viewsnoah4x4

What next?

The return of avocado bathroom suites? This is ghastly!
Collared. on 18:20 - Aug 13 with 1365 viewswessex_exile

Errm - I don't mind it actually, it's distinctive at least.

(as an appropriate analogy, dons tin helmet)

Up the U's

Collared. on 18:49 - Aug 13 with 1358 viewsLeadbelly

Collared. on 18:20 - Aug 13 by wessex_exile

Errm - I don't mind it actually, it's distinctive at least.

(as an appropriate analogy, dons tin helmet)

Seven comments, one for, five against and MFB didn’t say. Based on a small sample size perhaps not a big seller?

Collared. on 20:11 - Aug 13 with 1350 viewsdurham_exile

Collared. on 18:49 - Aug 13 by Leadbelly

Seven comments, one for, five against and MFB didn’t say. Based on a small sample size perhaps not a big seller?

I will be ordering one. I liked the camo shirt and as I mainly go to away games I will invest in a shirt.

However the irony of a sponsorship deal with Strikerz. When we don't actually have any.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Collared. on 20:17 - Aug 13 with 1346 viewswessex_exile

Collared. on 18:49 - Aug 13 by Leadbelly

To be fair, we're not exactly a representative sample of the demographic - reckon the kidz will be down with it...word

Up the U's

Collared. on 20:55 - Aug 13 with 1341 viewsLeadbelly

Collared. on 20:17 - Aug 13 by wessex_exile

To be fair, we're not exactly a representative sample of the demographic - reckon the kidz will be down with it...word

I thought someone may say that, as it’s true, but we gentlemen of a certain vintage should not be dismissed so easily.

I suppose I could wear the away kit when I go fishing...

Collared. on 21:12 - Aug 13 with 1338 viewsGOSBTS

Another vote for the beleaguered "like" camp. I like the fact that the camo has meaning to the town's links with the Army and I think it looks far better than the white and black offerings of the past two years. As a colour scheme it fits a lot better, with the sleeves matching the shorts nicely.

Not a big fan of the sponsor but hey ho, anything is better than a gambling sponsor which plague (IMO) the top two tiers!

I sadly shan't be buying it though as I just spent £53 on the new Brighton shirt!
[Post edited 13 Aug 2020 21:13]
Collared. on 21:55 - Aug 13 with 1325 viewsFruitbat

Collared. on 21:12 - Aug 13 by GOSBTS

Another vote for the beleaguered "like" camp. I like the fact that the camo has meaning to the town's links with the Army and I think it looks far better than the white and black offerings of the past two years. As a colour scheme it fits a lot better, with the sleeves matching the shorts nicely.

Not a big fan of the sponsor but hey ho, anything is better than a gambling sponsor which plague (IMO) the top two tiers!

I sadly shan't be buying it though as I just spent £53 on the new Brighton shirt!
[Post edited 13 Aug 2020 21:13]

At least you've got one with blue & white stripes.
Collared. on 06:33 - Aug 14 with 1303 viewsDaniel

Collared. on 21:55 - Aug 13 by Fruitbat

At least you've got one with blue & white stripes.

Actually, I believe Brighton have gone for blue with white pin stripes next season (still better that ours).

I note the story on the OWS says "Chairman Robbie Cowling has gone for green as the main colour this season" - perhaps Macron aren't to blame for the sh!t kits weve had to put up with in recent seasons after all. The kits they make for other club are usually better than ours.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024