Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John McGreal 07:53 - Jul 5 with 8733 viewsthrillseeker

Big rumours there has been an approach or will be for him.

In Birkenhead it is being said Tranmere want JM to replace Micky Mellon should MM decide to take the Dundee Utd job.

I had even read JM had already quit the U's

Could be an interesting few days - will the rumour be true?
John McGreal on 08:59 - Jul 5 with 3551 viewsgerry_us

Wishful thinking maybe?
His past record would not suggest that he anything to offer another club but I for one would happily drive him to Tranmere and if they don't want him, then off Birkenhead Pier!. Would that leave the way open for Wayne Brown or maybe even Danny Cowley?
As you say Thrillo, interesting times.
John McGreal on 09:59 - Jul 5 with 3531 viewsFruitbat

Unfortunately, I can't see any mileage in this. A record of 8th, 13th, 8th and a lucky 6th doesn't really do much to catch the eye. I can see why it'd be an attractive move for JMcG though so good luck to him if it works out.

Happy to split the petrol money with you Gerry.
John McGreal on 11:17 - Jul 5 with 3518 viewsdurham_exile

Time to go, he cannot take our club any further.

Micky Mellon (me old fruit) going to the Tangerines, very interesting.

I understand that not only are the fans lining up to drive JM, but also they have sorted his removals van as well.

After 202 games in charge we say thank you John and good night.

JM, he's big, he's scouse he'll steal your council house as the faithful sing!

Wayne Brown must be in line for the job.

But hang on there is no vacancy at present!!!!!!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

John McGreal on 11:27 - Jul 5 with 3513 viewsburnsieespana

Having looked at the Tranmere message board seems one person wants JMc and one does not! They dream of Ryan Lowe being appointed.
None of the usual rumour sites appear have anything on Mellon leaving Tranmere let alone JMc leaving us for them but Lowe does seem to be rumoured as heading to Bristol City.
Would I want Wayne Brown as Manager?
John McGreal on 17:40 - Jul 5 with 3455 viewsFruitbat

According to both BBC and Sky, Mellon to Dundee Utd is a done (or maybe Dun) deal.
John McGreal on 20:30 - Jul 5 with 3412 viewsmfb_cufc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53298248

mfb

John McGreal on 21:56 - Jul 5 with 3393 viewsdurham_exile

John McGreal on 20:30 - Jul 5 by mfb_cufc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53298248

From one Tranmere supporter this evening!

"It’s a cert been in press all week! Disastrous season for us and horrific prep for next season. Hopefully McGreal will be in ASAP so can start trying to bring some targets in and not miss out"

The silence from Colchester is deafening so far!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

John McGreal on 22:01 - Jul 5 with 3390 viewsLeadbelly

John McGreal on 21:56 - Jul 5 by durham_exile

"It’s a cert been in press all week! Disastrous season for us and horrific prep for next season. Hopefully McGreal will be in ASAP so can start trying to bring some targets in and not miss out"

Up the U's

Not sure there is much the club can or should say at this point. Mellon hasn’t left Tranmere and McGreal, or anyone else for that matter, hasn’t been appointed as their new manager. RC plays his cards to his chest and I’m sure he’ll do so in this case...if there is a game to be played.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

John McGreal on 12:36 - Jul 6 with 3293 viewsburnsieespana

Daily Record in Scotland claiming Dundee paying Tranmere £120,000 for Mellon's services.
Anybody any idea how long JMc has remaining on his contract with us?
John McGreal on 15:21 - Jul 6 with 3274 viewsgerry_us

John McGreal on 12:36 - Jul 6 by burnsieespana

Daily Record in Scotland claiming Dundee paying Tranmere £120,000 for Mellon's services.

Hours hopefully...
John McGreal on 17:21 - Jul 6 with 3255 viewspwrightsknees

Be careful what you wish for, fellow supporters!

In these times of cost and expense savings, could it be possible that Tony Humes might get re-appointed as manager?

Nervous times ahead.

Up the U's.
John McGreal on 17:31 - Jul 6 with 3254 viewsFruitbat

John McGreal on 12:36 - Jul 6 by burnsieespana

12 month rolling contract seems to be our standard over the last few appointments.
John McGreal on 18:36 - Jul 6 with 3241 viewsLeadbelly

John McGreal on 17:21 - Jul 6 by pwrightsknees

Be careful what you wish for, fellow supporters!

In these times of cost and expense savings, could it be possible that Tony Humes might get re-appointed as manager?

Nervous times ahead.

Up the U's.

If McGreal does leave, which is still a very big if in my opinion, I suspect the job is Humes’s, assuming he would want it again.

Whether there is anyone else at the academy who could/would be capable I really have no idea. Can’t see RC going outside of the club, unless Wayne Brown is considered...hopefully subject to some serious investigation to confirm whether his political views have changed.

John McGreal on 18:48 - Jul 6 with 3235 viewswavy

John McGreal on 21:56 - Jul 5 by durham_exile

Up the U's

John McGreal is far from being the most popular replacement for Mellon. Durham talking bunkum.
John McGreal on 18:51 - Jul 6 with 3231 viewswessex_exile

John McGreal on 18:36 - Jul 6 by Leadbelly

If McGreal does leave, which is still a very big if in my opinion, I suspect the job is Humes’s, assuming he would want it again.

Whether there is anyone else at the academy who could/would be capable I really have no idea. Can’t see RC going outside of the club, unless Wayne Brown is considered...hopefully subject to some serious investigation to confirm whether his political views have changed.

I made that very point on the OMB thread, but it didn't gain too much traction from some there.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

John McGreal on 19:05 - Jul 6 with 3227 viewsLeadbelly

John McGreal on 18:51 - Jul 6 by wessex_exile

I made that very point on the OMB thread, but it didn't gain too much traction from some there.

Disappointing to hear that but probably not a surprise unfortunately.

Appointing anyone who has made some unacceptable comments in the past is a huge risk if due diligence isn’t undertaken properly. The media will have a field day if they can and there is, despite what some say,, such a thing as bad publicity.

John McGreal on 20:08 - Jul 6 with 3213 viewsthrillseeker

Micky Mellon is now confirmed as new Dundee Utd manager.

I think Tranmere will at the very least interview JM.

As I said interesting times
John McGreal on 20:09 - Jul 6 with 3211 viewsthrillseeker

John McGreal on 15:21 - Jul 6 by gerry_us

Hours hopefully...

John McGreal on 20:28 - Jul 6 with 3195 viewsmfb_cufc

John McGreal on 18:36 - Jul 6 by Leadbelly

Why would there be a some serious investigation to confirm whether his political views have changed? Wayne Brown coached in our academy for 6 years, and was caretaker manager for 3 games, before becoming manager of Maldon & Tiptree. Also he turned down the chance to be our manager before it was given to McGreal. So I am sure Cowling would have no problem offering him the chance again to be manager in future.

mfb

John McGreal on 21:03 - Jul 6 with 3187 viewsburnsieespana

John McGreal on 08:59 - Jul 5 by gerry_us

Wishful thinking maybe?
His past record would not suggest that he anything to offer another club but I for one would happily drive him to Tranmere and if they don't want him, then off Birkenhead Pier!. Would that leave the way open for Wayne Brown or maybe even Danny Cowley?
As you say Thrillo, interesting times.

Your comment been picked up on the Tranmere fans forum as good reason not to sign him!
Personally would prefer JMc to stay given the very tricky times ahead as think risk of Humes coming back is high and not sure Brown would be the right choice as we would be back to somebody learning the ropes.
All above assumes if JMc goes Steve Ball won't stay so he could be appointed Manager with a new side kick.
Reckon we have to be very careful what we ask for as grass very often not greener on the other side.
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:31 - Jul 6 with 3149 viewsGOSBTS

John McGreal on 21:03 - Jul 6 by burnsieespana

Your comment been picked up on the Tranmere fans forum as good reason not to sign him!
Personally would prefer JMc to stay given the very tricky times ahead as think risk of Humes coming back is high and not sure Brown would be the right choice as we would be back to somebody learning the ropes.
All above assumes if JMc goes Steve Ball won't stay so he could be appointed Manager with a new side kick.
Reckon we have to be very careful what we ask for as grass very often not greener on the other side.

John McGreal on 23:37 - Jul 6 with 3121 viewsdurham_exile

John McGreal on 21:03 - Jul 6 by burnsieespana

Tony Humes is the equivalent of Mick bigger bast**d than bast**d Wadsworth.

No if JM does go to the Wirral then Wayne Brown must get the nod.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

John McGreal on 07:51 - Jul 7 with 3084 viewswessex_exile

John McGreal on 20:28 - Jul 6 by mfb_cufc

Why would there be a some serious investigation to confirm whether his political views have changed? Wayne Brown coached in our academy for 6 years, and was caretaker manager for 3 games, before becoming manager of Maldon & Tiptree. Also he turned down the chance to be our manager before it was given to McGreal. So I am sure Cowling would have no problem offering him the chance again to be manager in future.

Wayne Brown has indeed previously worked for the club since his comments at Leicester, and I would hope there had been some level of due diligence at the time. It may well be the ‘long discussion’ between Robbie and Brown before he withdrew his interest in the position of manager included consideration of his political views. But we live in different times now, and I believe a club with such strong links in the wider community like ours should think very carefully before appointing someone with his publicised views on race to one of the top 92 jobs in English football. It may well be that Wayne Brown’s opinions have mollified since his outburst, that he’s come to realise he was wrong, but I’m not aware that’s ever been said by him or anyone else? Of course, normally I would be the first to insist that the personal opinions of an individual, however repugnant, are their business so long as they don’t affect their ability to do their job, but I think Wayne kind of waived that entitlement when he said what he did?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

John McGreal on 09:54 - Jul 7 with 3060 viewsthrillseeker

https://www.thesackrace.com/teams/tranmere-rovers

2-1 favourite for the Tranmere job
John McGreal on 11:07 - Jul 7 with 3037 viewsdurham_exile

John McGreal on 09:54 - Jul 7 by thrillseeker

https://www.thesackrace.com/teams/tranmere-rovers

2-1 favourite for the Tranmere job

TS, what a list of luminaries he is heading up:

Robbie Fowler
Nigel Adkins
Paul Tisdale
David Unsworth
Nigel Clough
David Flitcroft
Lee Johnson
Kevin Nolan

RC better get planning now.

Oh and in other news Jamille Matt recently released by the Exiles would be a great fit for us in the striking department.

I can read it already "Jamille for the Super U's decorates the opponents goal with a great Matt finish to a sweeping Colchester move".

Up the U's
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 11:09]

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024