Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John McGreal 07:53 - Jul 5 with 8804 viewsthrillseeker

Big rumours there has been an approach or will be for him.

In Birkenhead it is being said Tranmere want JM to replace Micky Mellon should MM decide to take the Dundee Utd job.

I had even read JM had already quit the U's

Could be an interesting few days - will the rumour be true?
John McGreal on 18:28 - Jul 16 with 1843 viewsdurham_exile

John McGreal on 15:29 - Jul 16 by mfb_cufc

Spot on. What is the point in giving the job to Ball. Might as well kept McGreal than give it to McGreal Mark II.

I also hope that you are wrong.

Considering RC has been at the club for several years and is a shrewd businessman his decision making has to be questionable if he would award the job to Ball.

Now JM has gone if a change of direction is required surely SB must go as well.

Bring in WB and KD and stop pi&&Ing around.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

John McGreal on 00:31 - Jul 17 with 1779 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I have faith in Robbie Cowling and trust that he’ll make the best decision for the club. I wouldn’t want anyone else to be in charge of our football club right now. I’m probably one of the few that felt McGreal did a decent job for us and am be sorry to see him go. A lot of people seem to have forgotten that we sold our three best players and still managed to make the play offs.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 0:36]

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

John McGreal on 00:38 - Jul 17 with 1775 viewsRSCOSWORTH

John McGreal on 15:10 - Jul 16 by thrillseeker

The thought of Steve Ball being Head Coach is horrible

I doubt he would be respected by many players

Crisis time?

I would love to be proved wrong though

For what reason do you think that Ball won’t be respected by the players?

Also remember what a terrible job Williams did when he took over from Parkinson...and Joe Dunne when he took over from Ward...but of course that Kevin Keen did a wonderful job the last time we went for an external appointment.

I think Macclesfield, Bolton and Wigan are clubs in crisis. Ours just needs a new manager/first team coach. Hardly a crisis.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

John McGreal on 08:02 - Jul 17 with 1755 viewsthrillseeker

John McGreal on 00:38 - Jul 17 by RSCOSWORTH

For what reason do you think that Ball won’t be respected by the players?

Also remember what a terrible job Williams did when he took over from Parkinson...and Joe Dunne when he took over from Ward...but of course that Kevin Keen did a wonderful job the last time we went for an external appointment.

I think Macclesfield, Bolton and Wigan are clubs in crisis. Ours just needs a new manager/first team coach. Hardly a crisis.

I just feel the players need someone with a bit of authority. Steve is one of the lads and this is not what I want from a manager.

Crisis time - I wasn't clear.I wasn't talking about the club in general just the crisis in making the correct appointment. The club in general is in a stable condition thanks to the financial input of RC

As said if it is Steve Ball I really hope he proves me wrong.

I have no particular favourite but for some reason I think Kevin Watson could be a good appointment.
John McGreal on 12:36 - Jul 17 with 1710 viewsburnsieespana

John McGreal on 08:02 - Jul 17 by thrillseeker

I just feel the players need someone with a bit of authority. Steve is one of the lads and this is not what I want from a manager.

Crisis time - I wasn't clear.I wasn't talking about the club in general just the crisis in making the correct appointment. The club in general is in a stable condition thanks to the financial input of RC

As said if it is Steve Ball I really hope he proves me wrong.

I have no particular favourite but for some reason I think Kevin Watson could be a good appointment.

To my mind Watson has not shown he is capable of Managing despite me admiring him as a player. He has been around a bit and at Ebbsfleet he did look as if he might have the credentials but unfortunately the pandemic put paid to that.
Ball is a real issue for RC as a new person might not fancy working with him anymore than he would fancy working with somebody else yet it would be unfair to sack him simply because JMcG has gone. On the other hand the delay might be because RC is trying to sort some sort of deal out with him.
Since we are looking for a Head Coach I assume we are looking for somebody different so people who have Managed would not want a downgraded role and we will be looking at people with a lot of coaching experience.
Going to be an interesting period.
John McGreal on 16:37 - Jul 17 with 1682 viewsbwildered

If Steve Ball does NOT get the job, does the Chairman insist new Head coach take him on has No2 ?
Can he just return to a coaching role within the club ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

John McGreal on 20:17 - Jul 17 with 1653 viewswessex_exile

A fantastic and dignified farewell from John.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/july/john-mcgreal-says-goodbye/

Good luck chap, thanks for all you have done, and very best wishes for your next endeavour.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

John McGreal on 21:07 - Jul 17 with 1640 viewsgerry_us

John McGreal on 20:17 - Jul 17 by wessex_exile

A fantastic and dignified farewell from John.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/july/john-mcgreal-says-goodbye/

Good luck chap, thanks for all you have done, and very best wishes for your next endeavour.

Not sure that he had any really affinity with the supporters as he states. Never felt he appreciated us especially on long away days.
Login to get fewer ads

John McGreal on 22:28 - Jul 17 with 1629 viewsdurham_exile

John McGreal on 21:07 - Jul 17 by gerry_us

Not sure that he had any really affinity with the supporters as he states. Never felt he appreciated us especially on long away days.

As someone who was often critical of his tactics I'm not going to be hypocritical now that he has left the club.

I think JM had taken the team as far as he could and after 4 seasons and 202 games the time was right.

Fine margins given that we could have won at Exeter but it wasn't to be and I reckon RC knew that JM had reached his ceiling.

Football is an unforgiving sport entirely results driven.

The supporters offer the continuity and always will.

JM will get another job, whoever gets the Colchester job must get us out of league two.

Interesting that Bolton Wanderers appear to have no financial worries now after their two key signings.

Still the FFP is meaningless now after City's successful appeal.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

John McGreal on 13:52 - Jul 18 with 1575 viewsLeadbelly

Mike Jackson is the new Tranmere manager. McGreal to Southend perhaps!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

John McGreal on 14:23 - Jul 19 with 1493 viewsLeadbelly

John McGreal on 13:52 - Jul 18 by Leadbelly

Mike Jackson is the new Tranmere manager. McGreal to Southend perhaps!

Or possibly Danny Crowley, sacked by Huddersfield today.

John McGreal on 15:12 - Jul 20 with 1416 viewsburnsieespana

Can't see Cowley coming to us but could well see him joining Southend.
John McGreal on 17:05 - Jul 25 with 1291 viewsmfb_cufc

Latest betting has Ball at 1/20. Seems a formality now. Other prices 9/1 De Souza, 11/1 Brown

mfb

John McGreal on 20:05 - Jul 25 with 1263 viewsdurham_exile

John McGreal on 17:05 - Jul 25 by mfb_cufc

Latest betting has Ball at 1/20. Seems a formality now. Other prices 9/1 De Souza, 11/1 Brown

When Ball takes over how can this be viewed as anything but more of the same.

Wayne Brown would have offered something different.

Up the Managerless, six players less, reduced goal
Keeper, striker less etc etc U's

Durham_exile

John McGreal on 20:22 - Jul 25 with 1260 viewsbwildered

Has I have stated previously the Colchester Four and McG departures were purely done for fiscal reasons only . So SB appointment will have no official No2, but the position will be auctioned to he highest bidder for ninety minutes on the bench on a weekly basis !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

John McGreal on 21:15 - Jul 25 with 1250 viewsburnsieespana

John McGreal on 20:22 - Jul 25 by bwildered

Has I have stated previously the Colchester Four and McG departures were purely done for fiscal reasons only . So SB appointment will have no official No2, but the position will be auctioned to he highest bidder for ninety minutes on the bench on a weekly basis !

Ha ha to raise funds could we bid so that us experts can put into practise our views?
John McGreal on 15:44 - Jul 26 with 1203 viewsLeadbelly

John McGreal on 21:15 - Jul 25 by burnsieespana

Ha ha to raise funds could we bid so that us experts can put into practise our views?

Good idea. Let’s have a whip round and fund Ball’s assistant. I propose Durham...his positive attitude alone will pay dividends and his selections for the starting XI were usually better than McGreal’s.

John McGreal on 15:59 - Jul 26 with 1201 viewsFruitbat

John McGreal on 21:07 - Jul 17 by gerry_us

Can I be spongeman? I can supply my own bucket.
John McGreal on 16:05 - Jul 26 with 1195 viewsLeadbelly

John McGreal on 15:59 - Jul 26 by Fruitbat

Can I be spongeman? I can supply my own bucket.

As a former playing colleague of Steve Ball I’m sure you would be welcomed with open arms.

John McGreal on 13:00 - Jul 27 with 1138 viewsLeadbelly

Strange that no announcement has been made regarding the new head coach. Perhaps Ball doesn't want the job!

John McGreal on 17:00 - Jul 27 with 1103 viewsnoah4x4

Given the Rooney Rule he is probably still interviewing applicants.
John McGreal on 17:18 - Aug 13 with 975 viewsmfb_cufc

McGreal was once favourite for the Southend managers job, but that went to Mark Molesley, former manager of Weymouth. Though it may not be for long because they face a winding-up petition for tax owed to HM Revenue & Customs on 16th September.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53769088

mfb

John McGreal on 18:50 - Aug 13 with 948 viewsLeadbelly

John McGreal on 17:18 - Aug 13 by mfb_cufc

McGreal was once favourite for the Southend managers job, but that went to Mark Molesley, former manager of Weymouth. Though it may not be for long because they face a winding-up petition for tax owed to HM Revenue & Customs on 16th September.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53769088

Ron will be down the back of the sofa again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024