Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Messi or Ronaldo? 23:29 - Aug 26 with 1430 viewsDaniel

Inspired by Durham's comments that "Messi is overrated...he pails into insignificance against Cristiano Ronaldo" I thought I'd ask the question of the board...

Messi or Ronaldo?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

This post has been edited by an administrator
Messi or Ronaldo? on 09:33 - Aug 27 with 1397 viewswessex_exile

Whilst I’d much rather have Messi as company, the answer has to be Ronaldo.

Found this comparative stats website for anyone who’s interested.

https://messivsronaldo.net/all-time-stats/
[Post edited 27 Aug 2020 9:34]

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Messi or Ronaldo? on 13:24 - Aug 27 with 1368 viewsthrillseeker

Such a difficult decision

I think Messi is more techincally gifted than Ronaldo but I think Ronaldo's overall game is a lot better than Messi's.

Also Ronaldo has not bottled going to different countries to show off his ability
Messi or Ronaldo? on 13:55 - Aug 27 with 1365 viewsLeadbelly

I'm not an avid watcher of football on TV, unless it features Leeds or Colchester of course, but I do watch Barcelona games quite often just to see Messi play. Can't say the same for Ronaldo, brilliant though he may be.

Messi has always, until fairly recently at least, seemed to be playing for the joy of it, without falling over, moaning at officials, just getting on with it. Same can't be said for some others.

Messi gets my vote.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Messi or Ronaldo? on 19:43 - Aug 27 with 1340 viewsGOSBTS

Ronaldo, hands down for me.

He's proved his worth in three leagues with United, Madrid and now Juve. He makes everyone around him a better player. He's led a bang average Portugal side to European glory and literally carries them on his shoulders.

Messi, in contrast, has only done it in one league that in all honesty is not that good past their top 5-6 teams. I've never seen him raise the performance of any of his compatriots for Argentina. I don't doubt that he is one of the best players in the world, and I completely understand why somebody would want to stay at Barca their whole career. If it works for his family, then I greatly respect him for it rather than moving them all around. However, I don't think anybody could be certified "best in the world" when they haven't won titles in other countries and have very little internationally to show for themselves.
Messi or Ronaldo? on 09:58 - Sep 5 with 1284 viewsbwildered

It's all OFF.
Messi's messy contract clause by not telling the club he was leaving by 10th June , even that season had been extended, has been triggered, so could only leave if club received a fist full of euros plus more. Anyway we have a new No2 now. Or perhaps living on the Essex Sunshine Rivera was not enough .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Messi or Ronaldo? on 10:44 - Sep 5 with 1279 viewsdurham_exile

Messi or Ronaldo? on 09:58 - Sep 5 by bwildered

It's all OFF.
Messi's messy contract clause by not telling the club he was leaving by 10th June , even that season had been extended, has been triggered, so could only leave if club received a fist full of euros plus more. Anyway we have a new No2 now. Or perhaps living on the Essex Sunshine Rivera was not enough .

The unseemly spat between Messi and the club only demonstrates what happens with so called player power.

Messi has shown himself to be disloyal and classless.

Following the 8-2 debacle I have been thinking about other recent Barca collapses notably the 4-0 at Anfield where Messi was once again absent on the field devoid of effort and commitment and loyalty.

The truth is that Messi at 33 has been in decline for the last three years. Never a great player he risks being remembered for all the wrong reasons.

At the end of the season he will leave the Catalans for who knows where but the damage to his reputation and that of one of footballs elite clubs has already been done.

And yes I am annoyed at the waste of talent and the character flaws that have been shown during this whole saga.

Have a nice day.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024