Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Chairman speaks 17:17 - Sep 21 with 943 viewsdurham_exile

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/september/club-statement/

Durham_exile

The Chairman speaks on 19:08 - Sep 21 with 922 viewswessex_exile

The Thoughts of Chairman Cao - or too disrespectful?

Really glad Robbie has cleared up the question of iFollow revenue, makes you realise though just how disadvantaged those with smaller fanbases are, even playing behind closed doors.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

The Chairman speaks on 19:22 - Sep 21 with 918 viewsMoor_Pinot

The Chairman speaks on 19:08 - Sep 21 by wessex_exile

The Thoughts of Chairman Cao - or too disrespectful?

Really glad Robbie has cleared up the question of iFollow revenue, makes you realise though just how disadvantaged those with smaller fanbases are, even playing behind closed doors.

Really shocked by the differential he explained so well. I do think that we are damned lucky with our club Chairman and with the virus holding sway for the foreseeable his awareness and comprehensive understanding of the potential negatives are crucial to the survival of the U's.
It really made me think how a non lg step four side with 300 or so paying a tenner to stand socially distanced could in fact be 'safer' than a fully pro' club. Scary times.

Moor Pinot

The Chairman speaks on 23:00 - Sep 21 with 889 viewsnoah4x4

The Chairman speaks on 19:22 - Sep 21 by Moor_Pinot

Really shocked by the differential he explained so well. I do think that we are damned lucky with our club Chairman and with the virus holding sway for the foreseeable his awareness and comprehensive understanding of the potential negatives are crucial to the survival of the U's.
It really made me think how a non lg step four side with 300 or so paying a tenner to stand socially distanced could in fact be 'safer' than a fully pro' club. Scary times.

Zero social distancing at Hashtag Utd v Sioham on BBC IPlayer. At half time the PA announcer was begging people to comply as ".....the world is watching". Nobody took any notice. At least there is a proper plan (segregated bubbles) at the Jobserve Stadium, but what I saw tonight won't encourage Government to permit EFL stadiums to open.
The Chairman speaks on 23:09 - Sep 21 with 887 viewsmfb_cufc

The Chairman speaks on 23:00 - Sep 21 by noah4x4

Zero social distancing at Hashtag Utd v Sioham on BBC IPlayer. At half time the PA announcer was begging people to comply as ".....the world is watching". Nobody took any notice. At least there is a proper plan (segregated bubbles) at the Jobserve Stadium, but what I saw tonight won't encourage Government to permit EFL stadiums to open.

Just saw a clip from that game on the local news and thought the same when I saw the crowd standing on top of each other. Doesn't matter what restrictions are made people will continue to ignore them.

mfb

The Chairman speaks on 23:47 - Sep 21 with 884 viewswessex_exile

The Chairman speaks on 23:09 - Sep 21 by mfb_cufc

Just saw a clip from that game on the local news and thought the same when I saw the crowd standing on top of each other. Doesn't matter what restrictions are made people will continue to ignore them.

These idiots should qualify for the Darwin Awards, but sadly they’ll go home, spread it around their friends and family, into schools, workplaces, supermarkets, everywhere - tvvats!

Up the U's

The Chairman speaks on 10:02 - Sep 22 with 853 viewsmfb_cufc

The Government have announced this morning that plans for fans to go to live sporting events from 1st October have been put on hold. Hope they have a plan to give clubs money to make up for the shortfall of no fans at games, otherwise promotion will be all about last teams standing.

mfb

The Chairman speaks on 10:20 - Sep 22 with 849 viewsburnsieespana

A very balanced update from Robbie and thank goodness he is at the helm.
If clubs have no income from fans which now seems likely until next spring many are going to be in dire straights.
This pandemic is going to totally cripple so much of the infrastruce across the country.
The Chairman speaks on 10:23 - Sep 22 with 848 viewsLeadbelly

The Chairman speaks on 10:02 - Sep 22 by mfb_cufc

The Government have announced this morning that plans for fans to go to live sporting events from 1st October have been put on hold. Hope they have a plan to give clubs money to make up for the shortfall of no fans at games, otherwise promotion will be all about last teams standing.

Inevitable I'm afraid.

Further Government announcement at lunchtime on the wider implications of the current increase in cases and BoJo addressing the nation at 20.00.

Long winter ahead.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

The Chairman speaks on 11:43 - Sep 22 with 840 viewspwrightsknees

The Chairman speaks on 23:47 - Sep 21 by wessex_exile

These idiots should qualify for the Darwin Awards, but sadly they’ll go home, spread it around their friends and family, into schools, workplaces, supermarkets, everywhere - tvvats!

You're so right, Wessex.

What makes it worse is that these morons will expect health workers and others to put their own well-being at risk by looking after after them.

Up the U's
The Chairman speaks on 21:16 - Sep 22 with 776 viewsmfb_cufc

At a meeting of sports governing bodies today they said fans maybe not allowed into stadiums until next March at the earliest. This could mean football will be played behind closed doors for the whole season the way things are going.

mfb

The Chairman speaks on 22:04 - Sep 22 with 769 viewsGOSBTS

I do feel morally conflicted. On the one hand after reading Robbie's statement I want to go and buy match passes for each game. On the other however, if other fans don't feel likewise, I feel discouraged to do so for away games if there's a chance my money will be going into the other team's coffers. Obviously this is good for the pyramid, but ultimately if I'm paying to watch the U's I want it to benefit the club!

In the end I'll probably do what I've done before: pay for the iFollow pass when I can afford it, but perhaps be more inclined to save my money to watch the home games online rather than away games.
The Chairman speaks on 00:05 - Sep 23 with 755 viewsDaniel

I agree GOSBTS. Annoying I paid to watch the Reading and Bradford games and my cash has gone to them rather than the U's, where as I watched the Bolton home game round a mate's house and paid nothing. So in all I've watched 3 games and the U's haven't received a penny!
The Chairman speaks on 10:26 - Sep 23 with 731 viewswessex_exile

The Chairman speaks on 00:05 - Sep 23 by Daniel

I agree GOSBTS. Annoying I paid to watch the Reading and Bradford games and my cash has gone to them rather than the U's, where as I watched the Bolton home game round a mate's house and paid nothing. So in all I've watched 3 games and the U's haven't received a penny!

I guess we have to keep one eye on the bigger football family picture - yes, my ifollow payments have so far benefited Reading, Pompey and Bradford, who, lets face it, are probably in a better financial position than most, but my payments will go on to benefit the likes of Barrow, Harrogate, Scunthorpe, Newport, even Southend - who need every penny available to survive. I won't begrudge them my cash whilst watching the U's.

Up the U's

The Chairman speaks on 11:40 - Sep 23 with 725 viewsMoor_Pinot

The Chairman speaks on 10:26 - Sep 23 by wessex_exile

I guess we have to keep one eye on the bigger football family picture - yes, my ifollow payments have so far benefited Reading, Pompey and Bradford, who, lets face it, are probably in a better financial position than most, but my payments will go on to benefit the likes of Barrow, Harrogate, Scunthorpe, Newport, even Southend - who need every penny available to survive. I won't begrudge them my cash whilst watching the U's.

Ditto Wessex - just as I want to survive the pandemic personally - & everyone else obviously - I'd like the U's to be around too. Consequently we need opposition and two clubs have folded recently and the evidence suggests there are bound to be others. I often wonder how Mr Cowling's other businesses are doing. It's a very difficult world at the moment and will be changed for ever.

Moor Pinot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024