Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland 14:30 - Oct 26 with 18263 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/53220/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 21:42 - Oct 27 with 4064 viewsisitme

Great result. We played well first half but faded a bit in the second. With Humphrys up front I think we will look more of a threat. I thought Ratbone and Roberts played really well and McLaughlin had a good game.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 21:44 - Oct 27 with 4021 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 20:55 - Oct 27 by dingdangblue

Not exactly a stairway to heaven then

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 21:44 - Oct 27 with 4000 viewsD_Alien

Pleased with that, it keeps the run going that we all said was needed and we're up to 14th, no less than 5pts clear of 21st place

In a good place to welcome Brizzle on Saturday, just above us on GD

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 21:44 - Oct 27 with 4019 viewsaleanddale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 21:42 - Oct 27 by isitme

Great result. We played well first half but faded a bit in the second. With Humphrys up front I think we will look more of a threat. I thought Ratbone and Roberts played really well and McLaughlin had a good game.

Roberts MOM for me...

Rathbone a very close second

well done Dale a fantastic performance.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 21:48 - Oct 27 with 3913 viewsDaleFan7

Great performance and a great point, too.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 21:49 - Oct 27 with 3886 views100notout

Great performance and a fair result. We edged first half and they edged the second. Hard to pick a mom - they all did really well. Between rathbone and Lund for me

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 21:49 - Oct 27 with 3883 viewsDaleiLama

Oliver looked like he had diving boots on at the end. He gave everything and was running on fumes when the whistle went. Beesley ditto but his longer stride helps him.

There's a player in Newby - he just needs to start making better decisions. Hopefully that comes with more experience

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 21:50 - Oct 27 with 3841 viewsAncoats_Blue

Excellent. Beat Rovers on Saturday and we’re nudging the play off places. This seasons Wycombe, anyone ;)?
In all seriousness that sort of performance on a regular basis and we’ll be more than safe. 39 points to go.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 21:53 - Oct 27 with 3765 viewsjudd

Feels like a win.

Well done Dale.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 21:53 - Oct 27 with 3768 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 21:50 - Oct 27 by Ancoats_Blue

Excellent. Beat Rovers on Saturday and we’re nudging the play off places. This seasons Wycombe, anyone ;)?
In all seriousness that sort of performance on a regular basis and we’ll be more than safe. 39 points to go.

Beat Rovers and we'll have taken 10 points from 12. No chickens being counted here though

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 21:56 - Oct 27 with 3715 viewsrochdaleriddler

If we can cut out some of the sloppy passes in our own half, we will make life easier for the defence. Thought everyone played well tonight, but Roberts stood out

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 22:22 - Oct 27 with 3399 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 21:56 - Oct 27 by rochdaleriddler

If we can cut out some of the sloppy passes in our own half, we will make life easier for the defence. Thought everyone played well tonight, but Roberts stood out

Think Roberts has looked a class apart so far, seems to have so much time on the ball.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 22:22 - Oct 27 with 3396 viewsR17ALE

In my near 40 years watching Dale I think that's the best point I've seen us win. Competing with the 2-2 draw v Brighton a few years ago!

Well done the players and BBM!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 22:33 - Oct 27 with 3304 viewsJames1980

Still grinning after that game. Every player put their all in. Well deserved point and we definitely could have won. Bet we all wished we were there.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 22:43 - Oct 27 with 3238 viewsmikehunt

Ain’t footie great again? 😀👍🍺

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 23:06 - Oct 27 with 3094 viewsShun

Brilliant result and a very entertaining game, despite a nervy finish. We more than matched a side who looked very dangerous once Parkinson stopped playing Parkinson-ball.

Bazunu made some genuinely world-class saves. Rathbone, Lund and Ryan were all outstanding, and I was really impressed with Bola and Roberts. It’s about time we had some luck against Sunderland after all the underserved losses we’ve had against them at Spotland over the past few years.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 09:35 - Oct 28 with 2538 viewsjonahwhereru

For me this is the best mini league result sequence that we have had for some time. Easy to monitor as the poor performance only contributors on here have gone missing (they will be back after the next defeat mind) and the pessimists are sounding a lot more chipper.
Hope this defines our season and everyone associated with the club is able to see we are competing at the right level, with potential to improve further. I said we would finish 14th before the season began, and now feel like I was pessimistic myself with that assessment.
The club are doing their best to shift the cloud of despondency that has prevail for us all for to long.
On another note no Lynch again (hope it’s only a footballing injury) or Dooley. The bench is where the paucity of options is exposed. Although Baah may be sat on it next week.
UTD
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 11:54 - Oct 28 with 2301 viewsD_Alien

Warning: FGs look away now!

But with Accy's game postponed on Saturday and our opponents immediately above us on goal difference, a win would put us into the top half of L1 for the first time in BBMs 20-month tenure. That would surely be a marker of progress, but with the football we're now playing i don't think it'll be long before we're there regardless of results at the weekend

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 13:34 - Oct 28 with 2138 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 11:54 - Oct 28 by D_Alien

But with Accy's game postponed on Saturday and our opponents immediately above us on goal difference, a win would put us into the top half of L1 for the first time in BBMs 20-month tenure. That would surely be a marker of progress, but with the football we're now playing i don't think it'll be long before we're there regardless of results at the weekend

I love your confidence!

We are playing very well and with a full squad or one or two missing we're showing we can more than hold our own. The concern is if we lose more than a couple of players and also how the first 11 hold up during an extended run of Saturday Tuesday games.

I'm hopeful that we won't have to spend as much time looking over our shoulder this season.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 13:48 - Oct 28 with 2113 viewsVivaDonaldo

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 11:54 - Oct 28 by D_Alien

Love the positivity but we were top half under BBM this time last year weren't we? After three straight wins?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 13:54 - Oct 28 with 2098 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Another fabulous result, three in a week. Had to go to sleep last night before the end , due to a very early start this morning, what a nice surprise to find out it was still a draw.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 14:08 - Oct 28 with 2043 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 13:48 - Oct 28 by VivaDonaldo

Love the positivity but we were top half under BBM this time last year weren't we? After three straight wins?

Indeed we were, and i stand corrected

We hit the heights of 11th place after our win v MKD on 22 October (urgent edit after TVOS post!)

PS: no idea how foreverhopefulDale managed to actually get to sleep!

[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 15:36]

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 14:14 - Oct 28 with 2033 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 14:08 - Oct 28 by D_Alien

Indeed we were, and i stand corrected

We hit the heights of 11th place after our win v MKD on 22 October (urgent edit after TVOS post!)

PS: no idea how foreverhopefulDale managed to actually get to sleep!

[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 15:36]

Neither do I . I was both very nervous and excited in equal measures to find out the result this morning though.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 14:59 - Oct 28 with 1934 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 13:48 - Oct 28 by VivaDonaldo

This time last year we'd just lost 3-0 at Oxford after three straight wins. The third of those wins (over MK Dons) lifted us to 11th place.

However, this time last year we had played 15 league games, as opposed to nine now. After nine games last season, we were in 17th place, six points above the relegation zone, although that was skewed with bury being removed and Bolton on -9.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Sunderland on 17:38 - Oct 28 with 1679 viewsaleanddale

I wanted to see effort endeavour and not get bullied....

Rochdale AFC take a bow you didn’t disappoint.

2-2 was a bonus and another point to the tally. I was frustrated after Hull last week but the boys and BBM did us all proud.

I am actually really enjoying a new look starting 11 and the old guard who have moved on to pastures new I wish them well but last night was so refreshing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024