Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! 17:16 - Jan 29 with 2094 viewsdurham_exile

Like many of you I receive a weekly newsletter from our club.

Never mind the content this week, the photograph of SB is shocking, he cuts a forlorn figure and said photo hardly inspires confidence or any suggestion that you would follow him over the top from the trenches or anywhere else for that matter. Come on sort it out!

After the dire result at Stevenage on Tuesday night we simply have to gain three points against a resurgent Scunny team tonight at the JSCS.

The table, bottom half looks bleak:

COLU 24 31
Oldham 25 31
PV 26 29
Scunny 25 29
Bradford 23 28
Bolton 24 28
Harrogate 24 27
Barrow 23 23
Stevenage 23 22
Grimsby 25 21
Southend 25 20

Even more good news (written with heavy irony): after Reading from the Championship appear to have lost interest in signing Cohen Bramall I read today that Lincoln City are sniffing around. Now I know that Cohen is out of contract at the end of the season, but are we seriously looking to lose one of our better players for a song to a League One outfit when frankly we do not need to sell him. What would they pay, no more than £50K I suspect, they should be told to foxtrot oscar.

I think even the most optimistic supporter (and I would like to consider myself to be one of the glass half full brigade) must be thinking that the promotion dream is virtually over for yet another season. Unless we can start to turn results around.

Salford and Orient Away are our next two fixtures and given the shocking performances away from home we need the three points tonight to bolster our position and to offer some hope to the faithful.

Can SB be persuaded to start with two strikers, playing Jevani Brown as the lone attacker is destroying him and it is little wonder that the goals have dried up.

No messing about tonight, play 4,4,2 and go for it from the start:

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Bramall

Poku Chilvers Stevenson Harriott

Brown Oteh

Subs:

George Sowunmi Marshall-Miranda Folivi Bohui Tovide Senior

Over the half way point now and if we are to creep into the top seven, we would need 73 points making it another 42 points required from 22 games — a salutary reminder of just how far we have fallen over the last 9 games.

Enough of this, the weather tonight is mild, 8 degrees Celsius and cloudy. For once no rain. Hopefully, the pitch will be better than the last home match against Cambridge.

If SB is positive and plays two strikers, then I reckon we can prevail 3-0. Anything else and I fear for the result.

We signed Aramide Oteh, get him on from the start and play him alongside Jevani Brown.

Try and enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 17:51]

Durham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 18:06 - Jan 29 with 1018 viewsdurham_exile

Team

Gerken
WelchHayes Eastman Smith Bramall
Chilvers Stevenson
Senior Poku Harriott
Brown

George Lapslie Sowunmi Oteh Clampin Marshall-Miranda Folivi

I have no words, a lone striker and Senior.

Does SB want us to continue on this abysmal run.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 18:15 - Jan 29 with 1007 viewsthrillseeker

Happy with

Gerken
Chilvers Stevenson
______ ____ Harriott
Brown

Need to find alternatives to announced team - complete blanks
Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 18:22 - Jan 29 with 1001 viewsLeadbelly

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 18:15 - Jan 29 by thrillseeker

Happy with

Gerken
Chilvers Stevenson
______ ____ Harriott
Brown

Let the Blank brothers play. Unlikely to be any less effective than Senior and Poku of late.

Durham...not raining tonight but we had heavy rain (again) last night. Everywhere is saturated so the going will be soft at best.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 18:23 - Jan 29 with 1000 viewsdurham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 18:15 - Jan 29 by thrillseeker

Happy with

Gerken
Chilvers Stevenson
______ ____ Harriott
Brown

TS I've already suggested my line up.

Scunny team bus delayed KO now 7:15pm

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 18:27 - Jan 29 with 998 viewsnoah4x4

I despair. Humes must be pulling the strings.

But what I have seen of Oteh is not inspiring.
Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 18:37 - Jan 29 with 990 viewsdurham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 18:22 - Jan 29 by Leadbelly

Let the Blank brothers play. Unlikely to be any less effective than Senior and Poku of late.

Durham...not raining tonight but we had heavy rain (again) last night. Everywhere is saturated so the going will be soft at best.

LB I feared as such but hopefully we can play it to feet!

Durham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 18:39 - Jan 29 with 986 viewsdurham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 18:27 - Jan 29 by noah4x4

In fairness SB only gives him the obligatory 8 minutes and has taken Brown off by that time.

Sadly he doesn't start again tonight.

If SB stays at the club we will be down with Scummend after another 5 games.Grim times.

Durham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 18:42 - Jan 29 with 980 viewsLeadbelly

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 18:37 - Jan 29 by durham_exile

LB I feared as such but hopefully we can play it to feet!

Hopefully teammate’s feet for a change

Login to get fewer ads

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 18:42 - Jan 29 with 980 viewsnoah4x4

IFollow says due to weather at stadium kick off delayed.

I can see the stadium from here and can’t see any adverse weather. What’s going on?
Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 18:45 - Jan 29 with 973 viewsLeadbelly

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 18:42 - Jan 29 by noah4x4

IFollow says due to weather at stadium kick off delayed.

I can see the stadium from here and can’t see any adverse weather. What’s going on?

Scunthorpe arrived late apparently. Blaming the weather is more fake footie news.

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 18:53 - Jan 29 with 966 viewswessex_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 18:27 - Jan 29 by noah4x4

Likewise (Oteh) - not done enough yet with his chances to force himself into the starting XI, but there's time yet...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 19:02 - Jan 29 with 956 viewsdurham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 18:53 - Jan 29 by wessex_exile

Likewise (Oteh) - not done enough yet with his chances to force himself into the starting XI, but there's time yet...

Wessex we are waiting out time signing players like Oteh on loan and then not starting them.

8 minutes I'm afraid is derisory and then to bring him on when Brown has departed is ridiculous.

For the millionth time play two strikers. It's not rocket science.

And Senior words fail me.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 19:20 - Jan 29 with 946 viewswessex_exile

Oh dear :-(

Up the U's

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 19:21 - Jan 29 with 944 viewsnoah4x4

Humes Out!
Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 19:27 - Jan 29 with 936 viewsdurham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 19:21 - Jan 29 by noah4x4

Humes Out!

A Scunny wonder goal.

But SB has got his formation all wrong from the start.

Chasing the game already grim times indeed.

Up the U"s

Durham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 19:32 - Jan 29 with 927 viewswessex_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 19:27 - Jan 29 by durham_exile

A Scunny wonder goal.

But SB has got his formation all wrong from the start.

Chasing the game already grim times indeed.

Up the U"s

Stevenson and Gerken both off injured - already!!

Up the U's

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 19:33 - Jan 29 with 926 viewsdurham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 19:32 - Jan 29 by wessex_exile

Stevenson and Gerken both off injured - already!!

Senior off please and Oteh or Folivi on now

Durham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 19:39 - Jan 29 with 918 viewsMoor_Pinot

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 19:33 - Jan 29 by durham_exile

Senior off please and Oteh or Folivi on now

This is all old time U's from the days of ho hum division four haplessness. Such a shame when we have some decent players. Scunny may have arrived late but they're in shape. Our shape - the same one as these last six years - doesn't work.

Moor Pinot

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 19:49 - Jan 29 with 903 viewsthrillseeker

Shamal George looks shaky
Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 19:59 - Jan 29 with 888 viewsdurham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 19:49 - Jan 29 by thrillseeker

Shamal George looks shaky

Now a change of ref.

It was 37:56 when the ref went off
Now 42:00

Durham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 20:04 - Jan 29 with 881 viewsdurham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 19:59 - Jan 29 by durham_exile

Now a change of ref.

It was 37:56 when the ref went off
Now 42:00

So now we know because SB doesn't make the signings he's not playing Oteh. You can't make it up!

Simply shocking.

Durham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 20:09 - Jan 29 with 872 viewswessex_exile

No urgency, no purpose, sideways and/or pointless long balls - dreadful. This has to be changed for the second half.

Up the U's

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 20:10 - Jan 29 with 869 viewsdurham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 20:04 - Jan 29 by durham_exile

So now we know because SB doesn't make the signings he's not playing Oteh. You can't make it up!

Simply shocking.

Brown must be so frustrated no support when he does manage to receive the ball.

Big second half to come.

Ball and Humes out

Durham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 20:14 - Jan 29 with 864 viewsnoah4x4

Not felt this disheartened in 18 years. 66% possession, but most of it in our half. Nobody running into space. Players tamely shooting wastefully from 30 yards. Three passes when one will do. Utter dross.
Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 20:25 - Jan 29 with 850 viewsdurham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 20:14 - Jan 29 by noah4x4

Not felt this disheartened in 18 years. 66% possession, but most of it in our half. Nobody running into space. Players tamely shooting wastefully from 30 yards. Three passes when one will do. Utter dross.

We must play two up front and get the ball forward more quickly.

SB must go and Humes as well.

We are advancing backwards.

Up the U's

Get Senior off and Oteh or Folivi on

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024