Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes 22:20 - Feb 8 with 48412 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54177/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:51 - Feb 9 with 1949 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:46 - Feb 9 by DaleFan7

I do wonder where the Roberts from early in the season has gone. Is he lacking confidence? Is he knackered playing nearly every game at 18? Have our tactics etc allowed him to regress?

Once it became obvious he was making similar errors and not concentrating on his first job to defend, that should have been what was addressed on the training pitch and if there was no improvement he should have been left out. There wasn’t and he wasn’t.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:52 - Feb 9 with 1927 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:46 - Feb 9 by James1980

So does the 'right manager' get these players playing how BBM would like them to be able to.

Who cares?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:52 - Feb 9 with 1925 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:46 - Feb 9 by DaleFan7

I do wonder where the Roberts from early in the season has gone. Is he lacking confidence? Is he knackered playing nearly every game at 18? Have our tactics etc allowed him to regress?

I think Roberts needs a break. From youth football to Sat, Tues, Sat pretty much all season. Jim's experience I think is what's needed rather than Roberts technical ability, at the moment at least. Obviously I'd go for McShane if fit but that's unlikely.

I'd put as much experience into the side as we can possibly muster. Hopefully O'Connell is ok, be good to get Ryan back. If available McLaughlin should start.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:54 - Feb 9 with 1880 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:49 - Feb 9 by 442Dale

It’s really not about right or wrong managers at the moment. It’s about somehow shifting that mindset so that we aren’t seeing the same things every week. There simply isn’t enough focus on getting the players to be a solid unit when the opposition are in our final third.

But we know BBM can do that he has done it before. Does he think he has plenty of points to play for before adopting plan B to ensure safety.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:56 - Feb 9 with 1767 viewselectricblue

Time for a rethink with the staff.
For me Riley as to go and get an experienced person in to work with BBM and the players..
Learn to defend, become hard to beat by defending as a unit and then progress as a counter attacking team..
A plan B is needed as well.
I would rather see 1pt gained than nothing.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:57 - Feb 9 with 1747 viewsscarrow

Its been depressing and predictable. Players going backwards its utter shite

Poll: Final position

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:57 - Feb 9 with 1741 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:54 - Feb 9 by James1980

But we know BBM can do that he has done it before. Does he think he has plenty of points to play for before adopting plan B to ensure safety.

Possibly but I think that'd be naive as previously he's brought in players in January to revert to that style of football to get us safe. This January he's not done that instead he's brought in players to try and improve in the style he wants to play. Do we have the players to play percentage football, keep clean sheets and knick the odd goal? I'm not sure we do at the moment.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:58 - Feb 9 with 1719 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:51 - Feb 9 by 442Dale

Once it became obvious he was making similar errors and not concentrating on his first job to defend, that should have been what was addressed on the training pitch and if there was no improvement he should have been left out. There wasn’t and he wasn’t.

Other than the misguided attempts to shoehorn him in at left back there have been no opportunities to leave him out though. With O'Connell out, McShane missing in (in)action and Osho only recently bought in, then at times for better or worse he was the only recognised centre half available. I just think his confidence looks shot to bits at the minute, there's definitely a player in there.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:00 - Feb 9 with 1652 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:30 - Feb 9 by judd

Emphasise the positivity.

For all his faults, Hitler did a lovely job of a stairs and landing in Linz.

Bazunu is getting plenty of practice at shot-stopping and Baah had a nice run so Pep should be happy. That's all I've got.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:00 - Feb 9 with 1653 viewsDaleFan7

We've not lost since 2014 at Wimbledon. I'll give BBM that game, lose there and we need a change.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:01 - Feb 9 with 1595 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:57 - Feb 9 by scarrow

Its been depressing and predictable. Players going backwards its utter shite

Finished 4-1

After a good last 20 minutes of the first half, the second half was dreadful. Really thought we could come out on the front foot yet we got 45 minutes of dross

This board showed they can make decisions by letting Hill go before it was too late, and it worked. I would imagine after tonight they need to seriously think about such a move. They may give him the Dons game but if we lose that too then probably time for a change
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:01 - Feb 9 with 1592 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:50 - Feb 9 by oddjob007

I think we’ve given up.

It doesn’t seem to take a tactical mastermind to play against us, put us under pressure in our own half and / or try and get as many set piece opportunities as possible. You’ll definitely score.

We’ve got to go back to basics, focus on a clean sheet and go more direct!

Yes we have lost all confidence. The psychologist is a waste of time. The players look defeatist.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:02 - Feb 9 with 1563 viewsRotherhamDale

Terrible.

MK Dons were passing it around us for fun. Did BBM change the shape? No.
Did he make early subs? No.
Bazunu needs sending back to City. Roberts can't defend and needs sending back.

Possession with progression.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:02 - Feb 9 with 1545 viewsbatfink

What is our home record this season?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:02 - Feb 9 with 1542 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:58 - Feb 9 by richfoad32

Other than the misguided attempts to shoehorn him in at left back there have been no opportunities to leave him out though. With O'Connell out, McShane missing in (in)action and Osho only recently bought in, then at times for better or worse he was the only recognised centre half available. I just think his confidence looks shot to bits at the minute, there's definitely a player in there.

Yeah, true. There was a needs must but prior to his move to left back on Saturday. Having to play probably did him no favours nor has any change in the way he plays, that is something that needed to be sorted on the training pitch along with the rest of them.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:03 - Feb 9 with 1520 viewsQuigley_dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:00 - Feb 9 by DaleFan7

We've not lost since 2014 at Wimbledon. I'll give BBM that game, lose there and we need a change.

We lost in 2019 when Calvin (sic) Andrews played centre back!
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 21:04]
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:04 - Feb 9 with 1510 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:02 - Feb 9 by batfink

What is our home record this season?

It’s not so great.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:04 - Feb 9 with 1491 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:00 - Feb 9 by DaleFan7

Huh? We've definitely lost there more recently than that, 3-2 a couple of years ago?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:05 - Feb 9 with 1485 viewsJames1980

Here's an idea maybe someone from the board needs to give the squad the hairdryer. Tell them unless performances improve their friendly manager they all love will be getting his P45.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:05 - Feb 9 with 1484 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:00 - Feb 9 by DaleiLama

Bazunu is getting plenty of practice at shot-stopping and Baah had a nice run so Pep should be happy. That's all I've got.

He's getting more practice as a ball boy tbf.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:05 - Feb 9 with 1481 viewstony_roch975

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:27 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

Are we not excited and entertained, folks?

I would be with a 4-4 result, remember when folk on here slated those type of results and yearned for less gung-ho football....be careful what you wish for

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:05 - Feb 9 with 1481 viewsdawlishdale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 20:58 - Feb 9 by richfoad32

There is definitely a player there...but like everyone else, he looks devoid of confidence.

I must say that the players we have brought in during the January transfer window are simply not what we required for a relegation scrap. I'm sure they are cheap though..being kids.

Change needed right through the club...starting at the top and the CEO, who couldn't run a bath..never mind a football club.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:05 - Feb 9 with 1473 viewsfunkkk

You’d love it if BBM managed your kids football team. Really nice guy, isn’t bothered about results, never criticises the players and lets them play wherever they want.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 21:07]
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:05 - Feb 9 with 1470 viewssince58

Behave yourre talkung bollox
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:06 - Feb 9 with 1454 views442Dale

It should have happened ten games ago once the pattern started to develop. It would then have been reflected in who we brought in.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024