Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes 22:20 - Feb 8 with 48498 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54177/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:32 - Feb 9 with 2148 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:24 - Feb 9 by IOMDale

Look, everybody here will understand that she defends BBM to the hilt, no matter what. However, her personal attack on Chris is a disgrace and completely uncalled for.

Fitz nowt but respectful and courteous in his replies. I do hope Sarah-Jane isn’t too proud to apologise and continues debating in a respect manner once she’s calmed down.

‘Discussion’ here:

Still, being called a warrior (albeit ‘arm chair’ - sic) must please you, Fitzo?

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:33 - Feb 9 with 2136 viewsQuigley_dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:18 - Feb 9 by Knowlesy

BBMs girlfriend is biting and has opened a war of words with Fitz. Not sure she's helping his cause

I'd let her take charge for Wimbledon. Very defensive, with a strong counter attacking philosophy - just what we need!
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:37 - Feb 9 with 2096 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 21:07 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

It could be argued that MK Dons are the epitome of a bang average L1 outfit, neither under threat of relegation or likely to challenge for the playoffs

By that token, we're on borrowed time in L1, unless something changes

If he's not gone before our game at Wimbledon, the word from the boardroom has to be change it or else. If the boardroom aren't prepared to do that, then what?

At the moment, the fans have no direct input into proceedings; what else can we do to try to influence matters?

Can we sort out some virtual boo-ing?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:38 - Feb 9 with 2083 viewsKnowlesy

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:24 - Feb 9 by IOMDale

Look, everybody here will understand that she defends BBM to the hilt, no matter what. However, her personal attack on Chris is a disgrace and completely uncalled for.

Fitz nowt but respectful and courteous in his replies. I do hope Sarah-Jane isn’t too proud to apologise and continues debating in a respect manner once she’s calmed down.

Out of everybody on Twitter Fitz, as he says himself, is balanced and impartial with the club at heart. She's attacked him and if I was BBM I would be livid
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:38 - Feb 9 with 2083 viewsdawlishdale

History shows that it always ends badly when Directors, Managers or their families get involved on social media.

I feel sorry for BBM. Whilst it may appear that hes been backed by the board, the reality is that the club is in a really bad place and has been since the removal of Chris Dunphy by the current CEO.

Until people wake up to this we will be in a downward spiral.

Many of our players are either injury prone or kids who are struggling with the physicality of what is needed.

Unfortunately our home form is a stackable offence on it's own...but the real problem lies above.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:39 - Feb 9 with 2067 views49thseason

Another 94 minutes of dross, It was spineless and lacklustre. The Keeper just isn't good enough for this level, we have just 1 barely competent fullback in the club, so we start the game without him. It was clear that the players didn't relish the conditions but then they are all cossetted little lambs earning good money just for turning up so why take risks?
MKD looked at us for 20 minutes and then essentially ran over us. Murphy has assembled a team of never were's and never will be's. The Captain O'Connell has now gone off injured3 times in home games, we haven't seen McShane since his cameo against Crewe. So we have two kids playing in the middle of defence, our best midfielder, Lund playing centre forward, our best winger on the bench, and a collection of lightweights and time-servers making up the rest of the team. This isnt any sort of a plan its a comedy of errors and misfits.

And I don't entirely blame BBM, the board are essentially lifestyle appointees, enjoying their free meals and comfy seats but seemingly without a clue how to run a football club and I include the CEO in that description. Its time to call in the Americans and start from scratch back in L2 if necessary, there is a ton of dross at all levels that needs clearing out. We need serious businessmen who know how to raise finance and turn the club into a financially stable proposition, and we need people who know how to win. Losing is a habit and its one this club has struggled with for 4 seasons. The fans are sick of it, the players and management don't seem to mind losing any more and the board simply crosses its fingers hoping for a financial windfall.

Bringing in a youngster or maybe 2 in a season is a sensible policy, playing 3 quarters of a team that are inexperienced and guileless is never going to work. Even if we were to manage to avoid the drop at the end of the season, where do we go from there? No one will want to buy season tickets, there is no one left to sell, the cupboard is empty. Of the 14 players that played at Old Trafford only 6 are still at the club and of those, only Matheson has left for a fee, and McNulty and Ryan are now invisible so really just 4 survivors. Keohane, Morley, Rathbone and Dooley. I struggle to see where any of the empty positions have been adequately filled with the possible exception of Humphrys,
I now have serious doubts about ever winning another game this season, the club is devoid of energy, passion or any sort of winning mentality, its what happens when you fill a team with players who don't have to care. If we go down, and change nothing we will be lucky not to slide straight through the bottom of L2 as well.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:39 - Feb 9 with 2064 viewsNewbury_Dale

I thought the post-match interview was very poor. Passive and lifeless almost. That being said, for me BBM deserves more time. Where is McShane? We could really do with him on the pitch ATM; preferably with O'Connell beside. This is the wrong situation for untested loaners.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 22:40]
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:40 - Feb 9 with 2051 viewsCreepy

Naive managers get too familiar with players. Let’s face it, McShane, McNulty, McLaughlin and Done shouldn’t be with the club now. This ultimately will be his downfall. The starting point for any decent team is a solid, settled defence. Ours isn’t and never has been under BBM.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:40 - Feb 9 with 2046 viewsJames1980

I'm sure we didn't sign someone to be a Dale's version of Rory Delap, the long throw is just something to throw into the mix.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:45 - Feb 9 with 1981 viewsCanadaDale

What I really just don’t understand is why when after 62 minutes we are 4-1 at home, we don’t make changes until the 78th minute!! The games gone by that point. Why wouldn’t you just change it straight away, it’s not like it could get much worse at that point.
Also the piss poor stat of only seeing 32% of the ball at home tells you all you need to know about just how s**t we are at the moment.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:46 - Feb 9 with 1968 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:38 - Feb 9 by Knowlesy

Out of everybody on Twitter Fitz, as he says himself, is balanced and impartial with the club at heart. She's attacked him and if I was BBM I would be livid

She's gone after the wrong guy in Fitzo, who is without bias when he writes about the club he clearly loves.

I suspect she has been tainted by an anti-Fitzo sentiment emanating out of the club because his scoops spoil the photo ops and for some who cannot write for toffee.

She is a new mum and clearly worried about her partners' position at work. I genuinely feel for them.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:49 - Feb 9 with 1917 viewsQuigley_dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:46 - Feb 9 by judd

She's gone after the wrong guy in Fitzo, who is without bias when he writes about the club he clearly loves.

I suspect she has been tainted by an anti-Fitzo sentiment emanating out of the club because his scoops spoil the photo ops and for some who cannot write for toffee.

She is a new mum and clearly worried about her partners' position at work. I genuinely feel for them.

Fitz is a nice guy... No point Hurling abuse🙄
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:49 - Feb 9 with 1913 viewsSaxonDale

I’m always quite patient when it comes to managers but would have to say Saturday is an absolute must win- would be interesting to see a poll on where everyone else is at.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:57 - Feb 9 with 1812 viewsBillyRudd

Well that was depressing. As a positive we only took 3 off our goal difference, because quite honestly in that second half it could have ended up a truly horrifying scoreline.
I honestly thought at half time we could go on to win it, but we are so brittle, so lacking in confidence, physicality and guile that after their second it was professionals against amateurs.
Two incidents in the first half summed up why I have lost all confidence in BBM to manage us through this.
First was Bazanu passing to O,connell right on the edge of the box, central to goal, a pass of about 4 yards on a treacherous pitch with a Dons striker practically breathing down O,Connells neck. For what purpose or possible gain. It is an act that can only have ended up neutral or negative.
Secondly leading up to the disallowed goal just on halftime was the epitomy of poor defending. They won a throw in. They got the ball, a second Dons player approached whilst in the meantime Done and Rathbone retreated away. Totally unmarked with acres of free space in front of them, they took the throw in wherupon Rathbone realised the danger, raced up but the Dons player had his momentum up, got to the bye line and crossed. It was so amateurish I don,t know where to begin.
Like most skills in life, you have to get the basics right before anything else starts clicking.
As others have pointed out, if BBM is to be sacked, it needs to be sooner rather than later.
Unfortunately for us this time, I don,t see the signs that we have a leader that can metaphorically rally the troops in a great escape. It remains to be seen whether the board feel the same. I have the suspicion, that under BBM it is all to easy to fall into that "we are victims" mindset. What we need now is a Warnock type if we are to avoid the drop.
Onwards and upwards.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:59 - Feb 9 with 1791 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:49 - Feb 9 by SaxonDale

I’m always quite patient when it comes to managers but would have to say Saturday is an absolute must win- would be interesting to see a poll on where everyone else is at.

I need to sleep on it. This is dire and the manager's confidence is shot too. Maybe it is too much? He had a vision and it isn't working. He is inexperienced and the pressure is now enormous. I want him to find another rabbit, but after Saturday we thought it couldn't get any worse. We are two points from second bottom having played one more game than most beneath us and no confidence we can win another game. I remember feeling like this with Eyre.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:07 - Feb 9 with 1700 viewsJames1980

The worse thing for me about the Charlton and tonight's game is the opposition wanted it more. We just seem flat and unmotivated. It seems odd because surely the players will want to do their best for Dale, BBM and their own careers.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:08 - Feb 9 with 1683 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:46 - Feb 9 by judd

She's also clearly doing BBM no favours either with her replies and to everyone reading it looks very silly, good on Fitz for not only talking openly about the current problems but keeping classy throughout, she on the other hand......
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:09 - Feb 9 with 1680 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:07 - Feb 9 by James1980

The worse thing for me about the Charlton and tonight's game is the opposition wanted it more. We just seem flat and unmotivated. It seems odd because surely the players will want to do their best for Dale, BBM and their own careers.

We need a bastard.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:09 - Feb 9 with 1673 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:07 - Feb 9 by James1980

That feeling of flatness was something that really stood out in the last twenty minutes or so, we were miles off the pace even though the game was gone.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:10 - Feb 9 with 1670 viewsdingdangblue

Has there been any mention of Beesley's injury? Yes we've been awful at the back these last 2 games but we are desperately missing Beesley's hold up play - for 2 games now we've just seen Bazunu launching the ball forward and no one able to hold it up and we are just constantly under pressure because of it.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:12 - Feb 9 with 1641 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:09 - Feb 9 by 442Dale

That feeling of flatness was something that really stood out in the last twenty minutes or so, we were miles off the pace even though the game was gone.

It's been almost 4 seasons of flatness, of insipid, pointless football at home under 2 managers. Where is this footballing philosophy coming from? Because it is not one manager, is it?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:13 - Feb 9 with 1632 viewskel

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:09 - Feb 9 by judd

We need a bastard.

Shame he’s just got a new job
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:14 - Feb 9 with 1607 viewsjudd

Just watching Newsnight and an update on Brexit and we're being cited by EU fishermen as having more in our net then they ever get.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:15 - Feb 9 with 1606 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 22:57 - Feb 9 by BillyRudd

Well that was depressing. As a positive we only took 3 off our goal difference, because quite honestly in that second half it could have ended up a truly horrifying scoreline.
I honestly thought at half time we could go on to win it, but we are so brittle, so lacking in confidence, physicality and guile that after their second it was professionals against amateurs.
Two incidents in the first half summed up why I have lost all confidence in BBM to manage us through this.
First was Bazanu passing to O,connell right on the edge of the box, central to goal, a pass of about 4 yards on a treacherous pitch with a Dons striker practically breathing down O,Connells neck. For what purpose or possible gain. It is an act that can only have ended up neutral or negative.
Secondly leading up to the disallowed goal just on halftime was the epitomy of poor defending. They won a throw in. They got the ball, a second Dons player approached whilst in the meantime Done and Rathbone retreated away. Totally unmarked with acres of free space in front of them, they took the throw in wherupon Rathbone realised the danger, raced up but the Dons player had his momentum up, got to the bye line and crossed. It was so amateurish I don,t know where to begin.
Like most skills in life, you have to get the basics right before anything else starts clicking.
As others have pointed out, if BBM is to be sacked, it needs to be sooner rather than later.
Unfortunately for us this time, I don,t see the signs that we have a leader that can metaphorically rally the troops in a great escape. It remains to be seen whether the board feel the same. I have the suspicion, that under BBM it is all to easy to fall into that "we are victims" mindset. What we need now is a Warnock type if we are to avoid the drop.
Onwards and upwards.

"Unfortunately for us this time, I don,t see the signs that we have a leader that can metaphorically rally the troops in a great escape"

As per my link higher up this thread, Paul McShane has been taking his coaching badges since 2013 with an eye on management, and there's not much doubt he's capable of organising what must by now be a pretty dispirited bunch of guys, especially defensively

Who knows, that may have been in the back of his mind all along when he joined us - and nothing wrong with that either. With all the Irish lads in the squad, he's even got the right accent...

I'm not saying he should definitely be given the opportunity, but i wouldn't be averse to it happening either. The point has arrived when we've almost got nothing to lose

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:15 - Feb 9 with 1602 viewsKnowlesy

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 23:12 - Feb 9 by judd

It's been almost 4 seasons of flatness, of insipid, pointless football at home under 2 managers. Where is this footballing philosophy coming from? Because it is not one manager, is it?

BBM will have been influenced by Keith as a manager though. He obviously had a great deal of respect for him and believes in that type of football.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024