Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes 22:20 - Feb 8 with 48413 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54177/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 09:40 - Feb 10 with 1992 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 09:36 - Feb 10 by Shun

I wouldn't say she's bitter and twisted. She's a new mother who's anxious about her partner losing his job. Clearly she's not a 'football person' but how would you react if all over social media you saw people saying your partner needs to be sacked? I'm not excusing her conduct last night (although she didn't say anything as heinous as is being made out, let's be honest), but let's not castigate her.

The huge majority of us completely understand why SJC got involved but her attacks on Fitz definitely had a 'personal' and defamatory edge to them. One which suggests that inside the club, there was a strong disapproval of Fitz's postings and, dare I say, potentially a jealousy that the large majority of the fan base holds him in such high esteem.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 09:40 - Feb 10 with 1992 viewsfunkkk

Feeling a bit like I did towards the end of Hill’s tenure, albeit for different reasons.

With Hill I was sad because of the exciting brand of football and success he had previously delivered.

With BBM he came in after Hill, kept it simple and kept us up. He’s clearly a really nice guy to boot and we’d all love for him to learn and adapt but it isn’t happening.

Ultimately I felt the time was right for Hill to leave and, it gives me no pleasure to say, it must be fast approaching time for BBM.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 09:54 - Feb 10 with 1899 viewskel

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 09:36 - Feb 10 by Shun

I wouldn't say she's bitter and twisted. She's a new mother who's anxious about her partner losing his job. Clearly she's not a 'football person' but how would you react if all over social media you saw people saying your partner needs to be sacked? I'm not excusing her conduct last night (although she didn't say anything as heinous as is being made out, let's be honest), but let's not castigate her.

Agree with that. I’ve had discussions in the past with people who questioned if players/managers read forums/Twitter etc to see what was being said. Of course they do as I’m sure we all would if there was somewhere online where people were discussing your performance at work and it must take a lot of self restraint to hold back when you feel wronged. However, there were no personal attacks on BBM last night and his missus getting involved was a bit, well, bury.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 09:57 - Feb 10 with 1879 viewselectricblue

Just watched the highlights twice and its plain to see that there is no leadership at the back along with positioning and marking.
As somebody said the team loom devoid of confidence.

Move Lund back into the midfield is a start...
Due to injuries etc use a back 3 aswell......

Is there a reason why Bazunu and Roberts are not dropped !
Is it part of the loan they have to play....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:03 - Feb 10 with 1830 viewsbazingadale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 09:20 - Feb 10 by electricblue

The step up to manager/coach is a huge leap without experience.
Ok Hill was a one off.
But what is becoming harder and harder to swallow is the continuous same mistakes season after season with the defence...

Experienced or not its plain to see on every match day, why this issue as not been resolved could be down to many reasons.
Bad coaching.
Bad players.
No leadership at the back.
Constant injured players.

What is plain to see is the prospect of relegation......

Hill wasn't a one off though was he?
Plenty of managers have been given jobs within football with little to no experience and had huge impacts and gone on to have good careers so that's not really a valid point
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:07 - Feb 10 with 1809 viewsbazingadale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 08:46 - Feb 10 by nordenblue

There will without doubt be certain folk within the club over the moon with that decision,not least it appears BBMs rather bitter and twisted Mrs.

We as supporters are far worse off without Fitz comments,insights,information etc and for that Chris massive thanks for all you've done and continue to do,top man.

I'm sorry but if you saw your partner taking a bashing on social media you would naturally want to leap to their defence. Its a natural instinct.
To label somebody bitter and twisted for that is out of order. She is clearly defending her partner and the father of her child. Maybe she targeted the wrong individual as there was a lot worse being said by other people last night. But she's going to back her partner, like we all would in the same situation, unless you'd be happy to sit there and watch a loved one be slated by strangers on the Internet?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:08 - Feb 10 with 1802 viewsjonahwhereru

For the first time I questioned the team selection last night, especially on the right.

- We are clearly playing to less than the sum of our parts
- similar frailties are being witnessed game after game
- Always thought the players were behind BBM but I have to question that now
- We can finally put out a decent bench but in those two games I don’t think it has been used well
- with a decent squad we should with the exception of LB be able to put players in their best positions but we are not

To many of these issues lay at the door of the management, and as they say the buck stops here. Do I think BBMcan turn it around, I am sorry to say I don’t. I think we could turn over Wimbledon in style, but such victories have never led to the corner being turned and I see no reason why it will this time.
Our squad strength has been embarrassing for virtually the whole season, but we strengthened it only two games ago. I have said previously while the bench is full of kids I will just look for positives. Our bench last night was better than I would have liked, if you know what I mean, so no more excuses. I am a trade unionist and loathe the idea of good hard working people loosing their jobs but the time is neigh.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:22 - Feb 10 with 1730 viewsJimmyRustler

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 08:16 - Feb 10 by DaleiLama

Just read this thread on twitter. Fully respect Fitzochris for his decision but it's equally an unwelcome development. It feels like we lost twice last night now. This is in no way a dig at or disrespect to you Chris

I feel that it would have made more of an impact if he just stopped doing it and then let people questions the reasons after the fact. To me, announcing it just invites people to plead for a reversal of the decision to stroke the ego. It’s like when people announce they’re not gonna post on here again or that they’re gonna leave a FB group. As the saying goes, “This isn’t an airport lounge, you don’t need to announce your departure”.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, BBM out.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:26 - Feb 10 with 1694 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 09:25 - Feb 10 by IOMDale

Extremely unwelcome news. Now who's watching the watchmen?

As an aside, a huge thanks to Fitz for all the insight, interviews and exclusives you've shared with us over the past year/eighteen months, it's been hugely appreciated by every single supporter.

I would just add that Chris is up there with Mark Hodkinson and Coldale as the best ever writers about RAFC, each with a different style and approach, but all equally informative and entertaining.

Chris's interview initiatives have clearly led to the idea of some good podcasts via this site and I would add that At The Peake and Chaff are starting to really hit the writing lark with some style, again each with a different approach, but always enjoyable and capable of generating debate. After all, if we cannot debate our football club with fellow fans, then a huge part of the enjoyment will be denied us.

The club's social media output has been good over the past couple of years, which is most welcome, but I do think the presentation of information from an independent source is hugely valuable to a fan base, particularly during depressing times like these.

Cheers, Fitzo.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:33 - Feb 10 with 1661 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:07 - Feb 10 by bazingadale

I'm sorry but if you saw your partner taking a bashing on social media you would naturally want to leap to their defence. Its a natural instinct.
To label somebody bitter and twisted for that is out of order. She is clearly defending her partner and the father of her child. Maybe she targeted the wrong individual as there was a lot worse being said by other people last night. But she's going to back her partner, like we all would in the same situation, unless you'd be happy to sit there and watch a loved one be slated by strangers on the Internet?

Which would all be fine if she was calling out someone who had crossed the line but she wasn’t.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:34 - Feb 10 with 1649 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:22 - Feb 10 by JimmyRustler

I feel that it would have made more of an impact if he just stopped doing it and then let people questions the reasons after the fact. To me, announcing it just invites people to plead for a reversal of the decision to stroke the ego. It’s like when people announce they’re not gonna post on here again or that they’re gonna leave a FB group. As the saying goes, “This isn’t an airport lounge, you don’t need to announce your departure”.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, BBM out.

Hah! You're right about the ego, JR, but only in that I didn't want anyone to think I'd missed a signing, so I've got in there first :)

It's no big drama. I've said my bit on that thread. Last night made me realise it's stopped being fun, that's all. I want to enjoy football again (yes, I know, I know).

I don't want any ill feeling towards Sarah-Jane either - as I said to her last night, I know why she's defending BBM and it's natural. I agree she probably picked the worst person to vent on, as my opinion was backed by stats, facts and tinged with regret.

She said some outrageous things, too. I mean, I don't even own an armchair. Seriously though, there was a hint in her tweets that I'd perhaps caused some prolonged annoyance in the BBM household and that's not cool.

Anyway, going forward, I'll just stick to being annoyingly opinionated on here as per usual.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:43 - Feb 10 with 1598 viewssweetcorn

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:33 - Feb 10 by funkkk

Which would all be fine if she was calling out someone who had crossed the line but she wasn’t.

If someone posted on social media that your missus should be sacked I'd imagine you'd jump to their defence, whether you thought they'd "crossed a line" or not, as they are your loved ones and it's a natural instinct to defend them against anyone you see calling them out.

Not sure why footballers and people involved with footballers are held to a different standard to others, they are after all human. I saw nothing wrong with what she posted last night, no lines were really crossed by her either, so not sure why she's getting so much shit on here.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:43 - Feb 10 with 1597 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:07 - Feb 10 by bazingadale

Good luck in getting all that on a banner!

I'm not taking sides in this - it's all a bad do really - I have a lot of sympathy with "a mother defending her cubs", but without reproducing what was written, S-J questioned Fitz's journalism and fan status. Both stand up to the sternest scrutiny imho.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:47 - Feb 10 with 1574 viewspioneer

If the young lady struggles with the pressure on her partner at Rochdale it doesnt bode well for how she would cope should he ever get a position higher up the ladder.

We are all the worse for the outburst and the fallout.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:47 - Feb 10 with 1572 viewstony_roch975

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 00:46 - Feb 10 by James1980

The problem is the philosophy runs right through the club. The business model is built on that philosophy and staying in league one.

Hidden amongst all the vitriol and anger on this forum that's an insightful post James. The business plan is to develop young players to firstly provide 'affordable' first team players in the context of the widening financial gap between the top & bottom of the pyramid and secondly to sell them on to cover the annual shortfall in the revenue budget. To achieve the second, they need to be coached in a way that will suit the higher pyramid clubs needs which means technical, passing footballers; the corollary is we have a high percentage of young technical players in any matchday squad and a lack of physical 'old hands'.

The question now is whether a managerial change will introduce more experienced, physical players into the matchday teams this season. I can't see how it will, so the task is to get the most out of the current squad who have proved capable of getting results on occasions this season and it will take time to bed in the January additions.

Consistent selections would help though I guess having to nurse at least 3 of our stronger players causes a dilemma and we have been unlucky with injuries, not uniquely but still unlucky. We also need to sort the midfield shape / personnel where most of the problems occur.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:49 - Feb 10 with 1558 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:47 - Feb 10 by tony_roch975

Hidden amongst all the vitriol and anger on this forum that's an insightful post James. The business plan is to develop young players to firstly provide 'affordable' first team players in the context of the widening financial gap between the top & bottom of the pyramid and secondly to sell them on to cover the annual shortfall in the revenue budget. To achieve the second, they need to be coached in a way that will suit the higher pyramid clubs needs which means technical, passing footballers; the corollary is we have a high percentage of young technical players in any matchday squad and a lack of physical 'old hands'.

The question now is whether a managerial change will introduce more experienced, physical players into the matchday teams this season. I can't see how it will, so the task is to get the most out of the current squad who have proved capable of getting results on occasions this season and it will take time to bed in the January additions.

Consistent selections would help though I guess having to nurse at least 3 of our stronger players causes a dilemma and we have been unlucky with injuries, not uniquely but still unlucky. We also need to sort the midfield shape / personnel where most of the problems occur.

So why do we rely so heavily on so many loan players?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:52 - Feb 10 with 1543 viewstony_roch975

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:49 - Feb 10 by judd

because they are an 'affordable' market place and the number of youth players coming through is going to vary with time

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:56 - Feb 10 with 1522 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:43 - Feb 10 by sweetcorn

If someone posted on social media that your missus should be sacked I'd imagine you'd jump to their defence, whether you thought they'd "crossed a line" or not, as they are your loved ones and it's a natural instinct to defend them against anyone you see calling them out.

Not sure why footballers and people involved with footballers are held to a different standard to others, they are after all human. I saw nothing wrong with what she posted last night, no lines were really crossed by her either, so not sure why she's getting so much shit on here.

There is a danger with all this that legend takes over from fact.

I didn't say BBM should be sacked in blunt terms, as I've started to see people suggest. I said I'd reached a point, after witnessing the game last night, where I had decided he couldn't turn it around and I feared the board may feel the same way. That's it. I also made it clear that I don't like seeing any Dale manager fail to succeed, especially the likable ones.

In return, my 'journaling' was branded as mediocre (could be a fair point), passive aggressive (very unfair) and my status as a fan was called into question (very strange and, yes, unfair).

So again, I totally understand why Sarah-Jane felt the need to defend her partner - and points raised on here about us all doing the same are valid - I just feel she expressed it in the wrong way and possibly at the wrong person.

But no ill will. It's done. On to AFC Wimbledon.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 11:05 - Feb 10 with 1454 viewstony_roch975

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:56 - Feb 10 by fitzochris

I didn't say BBM should be sacked in blunt terms, as I've started to see people suggest. I said I'd reached a point, after witnessing the game last night, where I had decided he couldn't turn it around and I feared the board may feel the same way. That's it. I also made it clear that I don't like seeing any Dale manager fail to succeed, especially the likable ones.

In return, my 'journaling' was branded as mediocre (could be a fair point), passive aggressive (very unfair) and my status as a fan was called into question (very strange and, yes, unfair).

So again, I totally understand why Sarah-Jane felt the need to defend her partner - and points raised on here about us all doing the same are valid - I just feel she expressed it in the wrong way and possibly at the wrong person.

to be honest Chris, as someone else who likes using language which is more subtle and less anglo-saxon, I can see how 'where I had decided he couldn't turn it around and I feared the board may feel the same way' can certainly be read as saying he should be sacked. The weakness of social media is it encourages a 'human' dialogue without the human 'constraints' of face-to-face empathy (but that's just my world view).

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 11:06 - Feb 10 with 1447 viewsbazingadale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:33 - Feb 10 by funkkk

I acknowledged that in my post that she may have targeted the wrong person but the point remains the same. She acted rationally in defending her partner
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 11:06 - Feb 10 with 1440 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:49 - Feb 10 by judd

The loan market is a godsend though in leagues 1 and 2. Weve had some great loans down the years and even recently weve relied on Lonergan, Norrington-Davies, Hamilton, Sanchez, Ebanks-Landell. Mix them with a few experienced players and a few of your own and you can do well. With our wages and budget we'd be worse off without the loan system.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 11:10 - Feb 10 with 1421 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 11:05 - Feb 10 by tony_roch975

to be honest Chris, as someone else who likes using language which is more subtle and less anglo-saxon, I can see how 'where I had decided he couldn't turn it around and I feared the board may feel the same way' can certainly be read as saying he should be sacked. The weakness of social media is it encourages a 'human' dialogue without the human 'constraints' of face-to-face empathy (but that's just my world view).

I'm not denying that. My point is perhaps more around the fact that, of the very many who were saying very bluntly that he should be sacked, my post was singled out. As I say, there is a real feeling that what I've been doing for the past year has perhaps caused an issue at the club that is now starting to boil over into people's lives. I don't want that. That's what has given me pause and made me step back. I'd like to enjoy football as a supporter again.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 11:10 - Feb 10 with 1413 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 11:06 - Feb 10 by dingdangblue

The loan market is a godsend though in leagues 1 and 2. Weve had some great loans down the years and even recently weve relied on Lonergan, Norrington-Davies, Hamilton, Sanchez, Ebanks-Landell. Mix them with a few experienced players and a few of your own and you can do well. With our wages and budget we'd be worse off without the loan system.

Indeed, although we have sold Baah, these young loanees are not going to develop our own youth, many of whom have squad numbers but get no game time.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 11:11 - Feb 10 with 1409 viewsMass_Debater

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 09:20 - Feb 10 by electricblue

The step up to manager/coach is a huge leap without experience.
Ok Hill was a one off.
But what is becoming harder and harder to swallow is the continuous same mistakes season after season with the defence...

Experienced or not its plain to see on every match day, why this issue as not been resolved could be down to many reasons.
Bad coaching.
Bad players.
No leadership at the back.
Constant injured players.

What is plain to see is the prospect of relegation......

You don't say.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 11:12 - Feb 10 with 1408 viewsJimmyRustler

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Milton Keynes on 10:56 - Feb 10 by fitzochris

Is there anything else other than the two replies that she sent?

If that’s it then i think the only thing that’s getting blown out of proportion is her response. It was reactionary and nothing more (which it would be, as she was pissed off). She didn’t really attack you and she didn’t use any inflammatory language etc. I would have thought that being a long time Twitter journalist would mean that you’ve developed a thicker skin than to stop reporting on something you love because someone simply thinks you’re not up to it and that you’re an “armchair” fan.

Applying the thin skull rule, if her response really has got to you then fair play. Who am I to really question that? But I’ve seen you take worse than that on here and you’re still going strong.

You didn’t do anything wrong and her response was hardly OTT. Why punish yourself?
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 11:19]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024