Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6pm curfew for all men 13:19 - Mar 11 with 14927 viewsbritferry

Thats what the Green Parties Baroness Jones wants after the sad incident of Sarah Everard

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9350711/Green-peer-calls-MEN-face-6pm-C

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

6pm curfew for all men on 19:48 - Mar 11 with 966 viewsTreforys_Jack

There are a lot of "ill" people on the streets these days as there is literally nowhere else for them to go. I can feel threatened walking past some individuals or groups especially the older I'm getting.
You have a right to live wherever you want but if I'd had your experiences, I genuinely think I'd move away from big city life. You must be stronger or more stubborn than me. That is no dig at you, as I said you should have every right to live or go wherever you want.
6pm curfew for all men on 19:49 - Mar 11 with 963 viewslondonlisa2001

6pm curfew for all men on 19:42 - Mar 11 by Groo

I take it your not a big fan of innocent until proven guilty then.

That’s your take is it?

A young woman gets picked up (shown on cctv), taken 65 miles away (followed it seems by ANPR), body gets found (police state identification will take time - think about what that means) and you’re just interested in scoring points against a woman who is trying to explain what the fear of being attacked feels like.

That makes you what?

Yes. I believe in innocent until proven guilty. I also believe that absolutely everything will have been triple checked before the Met arrest one of their own and release his name.
6pm curfew for all men on 19:49 - Mar 11 with 941 viewsonehunglow

This will simply demonise all men.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

6pm curfew for all men on 19:55 - Mar 11 with 957 viewslondonlisa2001

6pm curfew for all men on 19:48 - Mar 11 by Treforys_Jack

There are a lot of "ill" people on the streets these days as there is literally nowhere else for them to go. I can feel threatened walking past some individuals or groups especially the older I'm getting.
You have a right to live wherever you want but if I'd had your experiences, I genuinely think I'd move away from big city life. You must be stronger or more stubborn than me. That is no dig at you, as I said you should have every right to live or go wherever you want.

I live here as I have done so since i was 20, and my family and friends are here.

I don’t believe my experiences are that different to those of women living anywhere. Certainly not anywhere that has a large population. I also don’t believe I should need to move, I’m simply not prepared to accept that. I will do when it suits me. Not because a bunch of creeps think they can behave in a certain way.

Yes, there are many people with mental illness on the streets. The person who seems to have done this has been checked to within an inch of their life as an armed police officer. We will wait and see whether this is a one off or part of a series of course. He also, of course, doesn’t live in London. He lives in a small place 60 odd miles away. With about a fifth of the population of Swansea.
6pm curfew for all men on 19:57 - Mar 11 with 953 viewslondonlisa2001

6pm curfew for all men on 19:49 - Mar 11 by onehunglow

No it doesn’t. It says to men, please understand what is happening and if you see it around you, do something about it. Call it out. Don’t accept it as ‘banter’.
6pm curfew for all men on 19:57 - Mar 11 with 955 viewsCatullus

6pm curfew for all men on 19:33 - Mar 11 by londonlisa2001

“ Lisa, don't forget, it's hard to understand something you have no experience of. Unless you've felt threatened, unless you've been attacked, can you really know what it feels like and ho can most men put themselves in the womans place? Especially those men who don't treat women that way. ”

I know.
That’s why I’m talking about it. Saying speak to the women you know to understand. All men know that women feel unsafe on their own. Particularly at night. Don’t accept it. Challenge that. Why should we feel unsafe? No one has said women can’t be evil. But we are talking about the vast majority of women feeling unsafe. That’s not right, not acceptable, and it has to stop, and women should be able to say so without being abused.

My wife sometimes walks the dog by herself at night, she doesn't feel unsafe, or hasn't yet anyway.
I can only ask friends and neighbours but truthfully, I have known men who don't feel safe going out at night alone. As you get older, these things happen. But a 70 year old worrying is much different to a young womans worries.
When I was younger myself and my friends were regulars out in town on a Sunday night. I often saw single women walking home in the same general direction as me. I don't suppose that's so common now, I wouldn't really know though.

I'm not a threat to anybody yet I could be perceived as such in the right circumstances. Also, if I saw someone being attacked, man or woman, I would try to help but unless I get attacked I doubt I can ever fully understand the fear. Maybe if I'm still here in 20 years.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

6pm curfew for all men on 20:09 - Mar 11 with 930 viewsHighjack

6pm curfew for all men on 19:07 - Mar 11 by londonlisa2001

IT WAS NOT A SERIOUS SUGGESTION. SHE WAS MAKIMG A POINT THAT WOMEN ARE ALWAYS THE ONES TOLD TO STAY INSIDE. AS YET AGAIN THEY WERE THIS WEEK. BY THE POLICE.

Ffs.

But women are not routinely told by the police to stay inside. It was a response to a specific, ongoing threat.

Just like the entire population has been told to stay inside for the last year.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

6pm curfew for all men on 20:18 - Mar 11 with 915 viewsFlashberryjack

6pm curfew for all men on 20:09 - Mar 11 by Highjack

But women are not routinely told by the police to stay inside. It was a response to a specific, ongoing threat.

I was working in the Leeds area at the time of Jack the ripper, police were warning women from walking alone at night then, nobody seemed to have a problem then, how times have changed.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

6pm curfew for all men on 20:22 - Mar 11 with 909 viewslondonlisa2001

6pm curfew for all men on 20:09 - Mar 11 by Highjack

Women are routinely told by society to stay in though. Don’t go out at night. Don’t go out alone. Don’t wear (insert outfit).

The number of people that have commented ‘what was she doing walking at night’ about this case is shocking.

If there is a specific ongoing threat, why not tell those who are potentially causing that threat to stay in rather than those potentially threatened?
6pm curfew for all men on 20:24 - Mar 11 with 907 viewslondonlisa2001

6pm curfew for all men on 20:18 - Mar 11 by Flashberryjack

I was working in the Leeds area at the time of Jack the ripper, police were warning women from walking alone at night then, nobody seemed to have a problem then, how times have changed.

They did have a problem.

Did you miss the whole ‘Reclaim the Night’ ?

That’s almost 50 years ago and still women are the ones being told to change behaviour.

Why should we? What about changing the behaviour of those doing this?
6pm curfew for all men on 20:25 - Mar 11 with 907 viewsTreforys_Jack

6pm curfew for all men on 19:55 - Mar 11 by londonlisa2001

I live here as I have done so since i was 20, and my family and friends are here.

I don’t believe my experiences are that different to those of women living anywhere. Certainly not anywhere that has a large population. I also don’t believe I should need to move, I’m simply not prepared to accept that. I will do when it suits me. Not because a bunch of creeps think they can behave in a certain way.

Yes, there are many people with mental illness on the streets. The person who seems to have done this has been checked to within an inch of their life as an armed police officer. We will wait and see whether this is a one off or part of a series of course. He also, of course, doesn’t live in London. He lives in a small place 60 odd miles away. With about a fifth of the population of Swansea.

Not getting into an argument with you, but there is no way the attacks on yourself are commonplace or something all women have experienced. For you to say that suggests you may have become desensitised to the treatment you experience and see it as the norm.
I've shown this thread to Mrs TJ and she was horrified with what you said regarding your personal experience of attacks, but she confirmed she has never experienced anything remotely similar but wouldn't be comfortable walking alone at night. For what its worth I wouldn't let her walk alone at night, not sure why , never really evaluated why, maybe it's the reasons you state.
6pm curfew for all men on 20:36 - Mar 11 with 889 viewslondonlisa2001

6pm curfew for all men on 20:25 - Mar 11 by Treforys_Jack

Not getting into an argument with you, but there is no way the attacks on yourself are commonplace or something all women have experienced. For you to say that suggests you may have become desensitised to the treatment you experience and see it as the norm.
I've shown this thread to Mrs TJ and she was horrified with what you said regarding your personal experience of attacks, but she confirmed she has never experienced anything remotely similar but wouldn't be comfortable walking alone at night. For what its worth I wouldn't let her walk alone at night, not sure why , never really evaluated why, maybe it's the reasons you state.

“ wouldn't be comfortable walking alone at night. For what its worth I wouldn't let her walk alone at night, not sure why “.

That’s the point surely.

As I said, it’s a numbers game. But the underlying issue is the same.

Many of my friends no longer live here. Their experiences haven’t changed.

Anyway. To be honest. My main point was to get people to think about issues, talk to their wives / sisters / friends and understand and ask questions. You’ve done that which is great (I’m aware that sounds patronising - it’s impossible to say that without sounding patronising but it’s not meant that way).
6pm curfew for all men on 20:39 - Mar 11 with 882 viewsFlashberryjack

6pm curfew for all men on 20:24 - Mar 11 by londonlisa2001

They did have a problem.

That’s almost 50 years ago and still women are the ones being told to change behaviour.

OK, what would you suggest we do about men assaulting and murdering women ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

6pm curfew for all men on 20:42 - Mar 11 with 874 viewsHighjack

6pm curfew for all men on 20:22 - Mar 11 by londonlisa2001

Women are routinely told by society to stay in though. Don’t go out at night. Don’t go out alone. Don’t wear (insert outfit).

The number of people that have commented ‘what was she doing walking at night’ about this case is shocking.

If there is a specific ongoing threat, why not tell those who are potentially causing that threat to stay in rather than those potentially threatened?

Yes let’s tell the murderers to stay at home.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

6pm curfew for all men on 20:43 - Mar 11 with 873 viewsTreforys_Jack

6pm curfew for all men on 20:36 - Mar 11 by londonlisa2001

“ wouldn't be comfortable walking alone at night. For what its worth I wouldn't let her walk alone at night, not sure why “.

That’s the point surely.

As I said, it’s a numbers game. But the underlying issue is the same.

Many of my friends no longer live here. Their experiences haven’t changed.

Anyway. To be honest. My main point was to get people to think about issues, talk to their wives / sisters / friends and understand and ask questions. You’ve done that which is great (I’m aware that sounds patronising - it’s impossible to say that without sounding patronising but it’s not meant that way).

No worries, didn't take it that way anyway. To be honest not sure if it's an age thing but society in general depresses me these days.
6pm curfew for all men on 20:44 - Mar 11 with 870 viewsHighjack

They did have a problem.

Change the behaviour of the murderers to stop murdering?

6pm curfew for all men on 20:46 - Mar 11 with 865 viewsBoundy

6pm curfew for all men on 19:49 - Mar 11 by onehunglow

I thought it was bad enough to be considered racist for being white now it seems I have to feel guilty for being a male , what's next I wonder ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

6pm curfew for all men on 20:46 - Mar 11 with 865 viewsGroo

6pm curfew for all men on 20:44 - Mar 11 by Highjack

Change the behaviour of the murderers to stop murdering?

Need more Police on the streets, ..... oh can't do that.

Groo does what Groo does best

6pm curfew for all men on 20:53 - Mar 11 with 849 viewsFireboy2

6pm curfew for all men on 20:46 - Mar 11 by Groo

Need more Police on the streets, ..... oh can't do that.

Didn't you know that bungle is recruiting thousands more police officers? Oh wait a minute 🤔
6pm curfew for all men on 21:04 - Mar 11 with 837 viewsGaryjack

They did have a problem.

Any ideas on how to change the behaviour of Psychopathic serial killers? Fact is everyone has to take responsibility for their own personal safety as far as they can, whether it be a woman walking home alone, or a black 15 yr old kid riding his bike around on a council estate in London.
We can educate people on racism LGBT etc, but i'm afraid that with the best will in the world, you ain't going to educate someone who has it in their mind to rape, sexually assault or murder women or young girls or boys .
The message is clear. Take care of your own safety, because there are some sick individuals out there. Always have been and there always will be.
6pm curfew for all men on 21:05 - Mar 11 with 829 viewsGlossolalia

6pm curfew for all men on 19:34 - Mar 11 by Fireboy2

How many women have attacked and killed men compared to the opposite?

Good question. As a male, you are twice as likely to be murdered than a woman in the UK (ONS).

The reality is that men are more likely to be murdered by strangers outdoors, whilst a large proportion of female victims (nearly 4 in 10) are killed by a partner or ex partner. So some people telling them to stay indoors is hardly good advice!

It is statistically safer to be a woman if you don't want to be killed. As for petty, inappropriate advances, it's commonplace and women are a guilty as men. It seems acting a prat transcends sex. The onus is not simply on men to call it out; it's on everyone.

It depends on what people refer to as 'attacks'. An agreed definition of being harassed, and the boundaries of it, will make it easier to quantify. Many people would call people slapping my arse and grabbing my junk wholly inappropriate, perhaps report it. I just think it's by the by.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 21:12]
6pm curfew for all men on 21:35 - Mar 11 with 769 viewsFireboy2

6pm curfew for all men on 21:05 - Mar 11 by Glossolalia

Good question. As a male, you are twice as likely to be murdered than a woman in the UK (ONS).

The reality is that men are more likely to be murdered by strangers outdoors, whilst a large proportion of female victims (nearly 4 in 10) are killed by a partner or ex partner. So some people telling them to stay indoors is hardly good advice!

It is statistically safer to be a woman if you don't want to be killed. As for petty, inappropriate advances, it's commonplace and women are a guilty as men. It seems acting a prat transcends sex. The onus is not simply on men to call it out; it's on everyone.

It depends on what people refer to as 'attacks'. An agreed definition of being harassed, and the boundaries of it, will make it easier to quantify. Many people would call people slapping my arse and grabbing my junk wholly inappropriate, perhaps report it. I just think it's by the by.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 21:12]

'As a male, you are twice as likely to be murdered than a woman in the UK.
'

Ok but that isn't what I asked.

How many men are killed by women? And I don't mean by partners or ex partners, I mean randomly, out in the streets, say after a night out.
6pm curfew for all men on 21:37 - Mar 11 with 769 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 14:30 - Mar 11 by londonlisa2001

That was exactly the point being made in the Lords.

In response to this horrific kidnap and murder, by a serving armed police officer lest we forget, there was, as there frequently is, a call for women to ‘stay inside’, or to modify behaviour in some way. Women in the Clapham area were told to stay inside. By the police.

The point being made is why not tell men to stay inside instead.

How unsurprising that some don’t see that.

It’s not ‘some women of a nervous disposition’ by the way. It’s pretty much all women. I don’t know a single woman who has not been subject to some sort of attack. I don’t know any women that don’t spend significant amounts of time planning ‘safer’ routes home, keys in hand, phone in hand, walk in middle of the road, stick to roads where it’s lighter, text when you get in...

It’s not common for there to be murder, but it’s sadly an everyday occurrence that we have to put up with harassment, threats, groping etc etc. When is society going to say this is simply no longer acceptable?

You do realise more men are victims of violence than women... don’t you?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

6pm curfew for all men on 21:43 - Mar 11 with 756 viewsBoundy

6pm curfew for all men on 21:37 - Mar 11 by Dr_Parnassus

You do realise more men are victims of violence than women... don’t you?

How many young male kids have been murdered in London this far this year ? or is that a different dynamic.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

6pm curfew for all men on 21:47 - Mar 11 with 887 viewsDr_Parnassus

There is a growing wave of man hating going on in the west and it’s very very ugly. Some comments from some in this thread encapsulates that.

To make a suggestion that all men have to stay in doors after 6pm, is like saying women who have given birth have to give their child to the man for 1 year incase they murder it or looking at demographic crime statistics and saying certain races have to stay inside due to potential for crime after 6pm.

None of that would be acceptable, and those same people justifying this nonsense would be up in arms over it - but people are more than willing to run down the male species in a heartbeat. Shameful.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024