Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6pm curfew for all men 13:19 - Mar 11 with 14943 viewsbritferry

Thats what the Green Parties Baroness Jones wants after the sad incident of Sarah Everard

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9350711/Green-peer-calls-MEN-face-6pm-C

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

6pm curfew for all men on 00:41 - Mar 12 with 1146 viewslondonlisa2001

6pm curfew for all men on 00:35 - Mar 12 by Dr_Parnassus

They aren’t out of context, they are quoted word for word. You are inferring that men are the victims of violence in a more organised manner or in some sort of mutual accepted situation like gangs violence and drug deals, you then said that women are the victims when they are walking home minding their business and men don’t understand because they don’t arrange to check if their mates got home safely.

Which is all wrong isn’t it. Factually wrong in every way.

You have since reinvented these statements and pretend they meant something else. It’s extremely transparent and utterly dishonest. But discussions involving you tend to often go that way.

If it’s a reply and it doesn’t state what it’s replying to, it’s out of context by definition.

And you can make up what you would have preferred I’d said however man6 time you want, it’s clear what I did say and you quoted it.
6pm curfew for all men on 00:43 - Mar 12 with 1141 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 00:41 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

If it’s a reply and it doesn’t state what it’s replying to, it’s out of context by definition.

And you can make up what you would have preferred I’d said however man6 time you want, it’s clear what I did say and you quoted it.

It’s a reply to the discussion that was happening in the thread regarding violence. Particularly random violence when walking home alone.

9 pages later you have changed that to only include sexual assaults as you realise men are at far greater risk of harm than women when in that situation.

Only you know what your motive behind that is. Seems pretty sinister though.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

6pm curfew for all men on 00:51 - Mar 12 with 1132 viewsDr_Parnassus

I’m sure you weren’t accusing people of masturbating and were making the other clearly gendered comment above? Although no doubt you will claim otherwise.

6pm curfew for all men on 01:13 - Mar 12 with 1110 viewslondonlisa2001

6pm curfew for all men on 00:51 - Mar 12 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m sure you weren’t accusing people of masturbating and were making the other clearly gendered comment above? Although no doubt you will claim otherwise.

“ Since the 1960s the word has been used of and by women as well as men.”

The Dictionary of Contemporary Slang (1990)
6pm curfew for all men on 01:16 - Mar 12 with 1108 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 01:13 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

“ Since the 1960s the word has been used of and by women as well as men.”

The Dictionary of Contemporary Slang (1990)

where is the barrel emoji.

If you genuinely are trying to say that pejorative isn’t gendered then that is a microcosm of your whole stance on this forum spanning many subjects.

And shows exactly what you have done with the random acts of violence discussion that you slowly changed to sexual assaults after realising your points aren’t holding any weight by the facts of the matter.

Add this to the list. It’s a long one.

Back to the original discussion however. If yourself and I went for a lovely night out and parted ways to walk home alone. I would be far more unsafe from an attack than you would be, simply down to my gender. That’s a fact.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 1:27]

6pm curfew for all men (n/t) on 02:36 - Mar 12 with 1086 viewsJack123

6pm curfew for all men on 01:16 - Mar 12 by Dr_Parnassus

where is the barrel emoji.

If you genuinely are trying to say that pejorative isn’t gendered then that is a microcosm of your whole stance on this forum spanning many subjects.

And shows exactly what you have done with the random acts of violence discussion that you slowly changed to sexual assaults after realising your points aren’t holding any weight by the facts of the matter.

Add this to the list. It’s a long one.

Back to the original discussion however. If yourself and I went for a lovely night out and parted ways to walk home alone. I would be far more unsafe from an attack than you would be, simply down to my gender. That’s a fact.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 1:27]

Bang on the money. Dr P, her arguments are ridiculous.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 3:06]

libera nos a malo

6pm curfew for all men (n/t) on 06:06 - Mar 12 with 1045 viewsTreforys_Jack

6pm curfew for all men (n/t) on 02:36 - Mar 12 by Jack123

Bang on the money. Dr P, her arguments are ridiculous.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 3:06]

Full House !!!!.
6pm curfew for all men (n/t) on 06:32 - Mar 12 with 1037 viewsFireboy2

6pm curfew for all men (n/t) on 06:06 - Mar 12 by Treforys_Jack

Full House !!!!.

He never fails to edit does he.
Login to get fewer ads

6pm curfew for all men on 06:35 - Mar 12 with 1037 viewsFireboy2

6pm curfew for all men on 00:19 - Mar 12 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s irrelevant. It’s the victims that matter not the perpetrators.

If a man is attacked, he isn’t to blame.... despite being a man.

The fact he is a male is irrelevant.

The point of this topic is men being put on a curfew so my statement saying that men getting attacked by men is quite relevant id say.
6pm curfew for all men on 06:52 - Mar 12 with 1036 viewsGwyn737

6pm curfew for all men on 22:39 - Mar 11 by Dr_Parnassus

The thread is literally about the Barroness’ comments. Read the title.

Gwyn you are losing credibility here mate. Just state you were wrong and move on. Pretending it’s a “me” issue isn’t going to cut the mustard.

I haven’t accused you of hating or liking anything. I have made the point that these discriminatory comments have been met by you in the form of telling others they are incredibly insecure for slating them.

Where as if it was aimed at a demographic popular for social justice warriors you would be on the front line making the exact same points regarding the derogatory and prejudiced nature.

Your excuse for that is because it has little chance of being implemented - hardly the point is it. The point being made is society and their acceptance of these sorts of comments and suggestions which demonises a whole gender.

Where is your thread on the incident itself that deserves to be talked about in its own right? I’ll give it a read now, I’m sure you must have created one right?

Course you didn’t.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 22:40]

You’re making assumptions again. How many times have I said it’s not a good idea for any group? I’ll say it again - if it was racially based I’d say the same thing.

Again you’re saying I think things I haven’t said. If fact you’ve gone further and inferred that not creating a thread is evidence of something. Stop making stuff up.

As for losing credibility, this is one of the very rare times I’m completely comfortable with my opinions. If I lose credibility it will some over it then that’s probably a good thing.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 8:18]
6pm curfew for all men on 07:25 - Mar 12 with 1028 viewstrampie

6pm curfew for all men on 23:02 - Mar 11 by Sirjohnalot

In nearly 20 years of working in criminal law, I can count the number of domestic violence case I’ve dealt with women as the perpetrators on men on one hand (granted many aren’t reported), the other way around 1000s ?

Likewise the number of sexual assaults women on males ? (Apart when she was with a man on children) none. Sexual assaults, man on woman. Too many to remember.

No we are not the perpetrators but men are the problem and men must be the solution. No one should do a Piers Morgan and tell a woman like Lisa she’s exaggerating or is not believed. We’ve all heard men in different scenarios throw unwanted sexual advances towards women, women expect it and ignore it. Why should they ? We need to do better in calling this behaviour out.

6pm curfew ? Appalling. Disgusting ? Yes. That’s how many women feel when it’s dark and self impose it.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 23:03]

Boy meets girl, boy eventually makes a play for girl is there anything wrong with that ? , if girl is not interested she just rebuffs boy.

I heard a well known old female politician (probably retired politician now) talking about before long boy won't be able to ask girl for a date and as regards going in for a kiss at some point or putting hand on leg, the girl says no or pushes him away if that is her want, abuse in such circumstances is a ridiculous accusation for when boy meets girl in a courtship/dates senario.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

6pm curfew for all men on 08:19 - Mar 12 with 990 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 06:52 - Mar 12 by Gwyn737

You’re making assumptions again. How many times have I said it’s not a good idea for any group? I’ll say it again - if it was racially based I’d say the same thing.

Again you’re saying I think things I haven’t said. If fact you’ve gone further and inferred that not creating a thread is evidence of something. Stop making stuff up.

As for losing credibility, this is one of the very rare times I’m completely comfortable with my opinions. If I lose credibility it will some over it then that’s probably a good thing.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 8:18]

Yes it’s a very fair assumption. I asked you to clarify a couple of times but you dodged the question, which made it clear that answering would scupper the point you were trying to make.

Are you honestly saying if someone was saying that there needs to be a curfew on black people you would tell them they are being insecure if they disagreed? I would be right with them stating how vile and racist such an opinion is.

Come on now Gwyn, I know you like to pretend that you wouldn’t have certain opinions, but that’s ridiculous. You would be one of the very first posters stating how awful the MP is. Can you imagine if Trump said it for example, are you saying you would tell people they are just being insecure? Sorry but I don’t believe you for a second and I would be amazed if anyone else does.

I haven’t inferred anything. You inferred that this thread was about the murder of a woman, it isn’t. You said that discussing the topic of the heading was taking away from a discussion that deserves to be had... a discussion you have not even once tried to make a thread on. That’s a fact, not an inference.

If you are comfortable with telling victims of racism and sexism to “get over it” then that’s on you. I find it repulsive though.

6pm curfew for all men on 08:24 - Mar 12 with 983 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 06:35 - Mar 12 by Fireboy2

The point of this topic is men being put on a curfew so my statement saying that men getting attacked by men is quite relevant id say.

It isn’t relevant. Men are being attacked by both men and women as are women themselves.

It would only be relevant if you think men as a species are to blame. Which means you are also blaming the victims of these attacks as they must be perpetrators too just by the very nature of being a man. Which is clearly nonsense.

It is not a gender thing, it’s a mental thing. No normal person goes out to attack people, those that do (men and women) have some sort of screw loose. To suggest all men need to go on a curfew is abhorrent.

If all men were on a curfew then we would have 100% female violence at night. What do we do then? Put them on a curfew? And nobody goes out past 6? Or would we find female violence acceptable?
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 8:46]

6pm curfew for all men on 09:06 - Mar 12 with 962 viewsMrSwerve

I can totally understand women feeling scared walking on their own in the dark through cities - but (as a male) I feel exactly the same to be honest. I'm always very wary walking alone in the dark, especially through cities...for example after a night out. Quite regularly we've text each other when we've got home (I think it's disguised by a bit of banter but in reality we want to make sure everyone is ok). The world is a scary place - for both sexes.

In terms of sexual harassment - there are clearly forms of this that are socially acceptable when it's female on male, but not the other way around...but that's for another debate.

I agree that more needs to be done to keep people safe. Is it a 'man' issue? I'm not so sure - certainly no one in my friendship group would ever wolf whistle or grab a woman's behind...so it does feel a bit unfair when we have this aggressive debate that in all honesty does feel like we're all being tarred with the same brush.

It seems to be the way of the World now. See also the debates and campaigns about race. It's so aggressive and white people are spoken to incredibly patronisingly - a bit like this debate against men. All of this just seems to fuel the fire rather than educate people...it feels counterproductive to me.

I can't stand the way people debate now..."this is my opinion and f*ck you if you don't agree". In education you need an opinion/fact plus an empathy for the other person's intellect and opinion...this will create impact.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

6pm curfew for all men on 09:56 - Mar 12 with 925 viewscontroversial_jack

This is like male privilege. The top jobs in the city andceos are mostly occupied by men, therefore all men are privileged. i'm not , I never held a high position and I don't have any friends who do either. The top jobs are occupied by a very very small minority of extremely ambitious and hard working men.

It's the same with violence and abuse, only a tiny proportion of bad men do this.
6pm curfew for all men on 09:58 - Mar 12 with 919 viewsGwyn737

6pm curfew for all men on 08:19 - Mar 12 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes it’s a very fair assumption. I asked you to clarify a couple of times but you dodged the question, which made it clear that answering would scupper the point you were trying to make.

Are you honestly saying if someone was saying that there needs to be a curfew on black people you would tell them they are being insecure if they disagreed? I would be right with them stating how vile and racist such an opinion is.

Come on now Gwyn, I know you like to pretend that you wouldn’t have certain opinions, but that’s ridiculous. You would be one of the very first posters stating how awful the MP is. Can you imagine if Trump said it for example, are you saying you would tell people they are just being insecure? Sorry but I don’t believe you for a second and I would be amazed if anyone else does.

I haven’t inferred anything. You inferred that this thread was about the murder of a woman, it isn’t. You said that discussing the topic of the heading was taking away from a discussion that deserves to be had... a discussion you have not even once tried to make a thread on. That’s a fact, not an inference.

If you are comfortable with telling victims of racism and sexism to “get over it” then that’s on you. I find it repulsive though.

You've not inferred anything?

You've taken me saying the Baroness has made unrealistic comment that should be treated with the pinch of salt it deserves to suggesting I'm "...comfortable with telling victims of racism and sexism to “get over it”.

How do you get there without some extreme extrapolation with the myriad of assumptions you've made?

Perhaps I should just respond to you with a blank box and you can fill it in with the things I think, the things I haven't said and threads I haven't started.
6pm curfew for all men on 10:07 - Mar 12 with 916 viewsKeithHaynes

6pm curfew for all men on 14:30 - Mar 11 by londonlisa2001

That was exactly the point being made in the Lords.

In response to this horrific kidnap and murder, by a serving armed police officer lest we forget, there was, as there frequently is, a call for women to ‘stay inside’, or to modify behaviour in some way. Women in the Clapham area were told to stay inside. By the police.

The point being made is why not tell men to stay inside instead.

How unsurprising that some don’t see that.

It’s not ‘some women of a nervous disposition’ by the way. It’s pretty much all women. I don’t know a single woman who has not been subject to some sort of attack. I don’t know any women that don’t spend significant amounts of time planning ‘safer’ routes home, keys in hand, phone in hand, walk in middle of the road, stick to roads where it’s lighter, text when you get in...

It’s not common for there to be murder, but it’s sadly an everyday occurrence that we have to put up with harassment, threats, groping etc etc. When is society going to say this is simply no longer acceptable?

Alleged murder 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

6pm curfew for all men on 10:14 - Mar 12 with 912 viewsKeithHaynes

6pm curfew for all men on 18:44 - Mar 11 by londonlisa2001

It’s UK wide.

No, the problem isn’t lack of police. It’s that women are treated appallingly.

Look at this thread. Look at the post pikey made. He’s not even banned. And he’s done it repeatedly.

It’s pathetic.

All posts that feature more than an acceptable opinion are either removed or censored.
As has happened in this thread.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

6pm curfew for all men on 10:31 - Mar 12 with 897 viewspencoedjack

The irony

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1408947/Wales-Mark-Drakeford-6pm-curfew-

Maybe if we locked up rapists for longer the streets would be a safer place.

I wonder what Drakefords thoughts on that would be ..........
6pm curfew for all men on 10:47 - Mar 12 with 893 viewsMrSwerve

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

6pm curfew for all men on 10:58 - Mar 12 with 877 viewsSirjohnalot

6pm curfew for all men on 09:06 - Mar 12 by MrSwerve

I can totally understand women feeling scared walking on their own in the dark through cities - but (as a male) I feel exactly the same to be honest. I'm always very wary walking alone in the dark, especially through cities...for example after a night out. Quite regularly we've text each other when we've got home (I think it's disguised by a bit of banter but in reality we want to make sure everyone is ok). The world is a scary place - for both sexes.

In terms of sexual harassment - there are clearly forms of this that are socially acceptable when it's female on male, but not the other way around...but that's for another debate.

I agree that more needs to be done to keep people safe. Is it a 'man' issue? I'm not so sure - certainly no one in my friendship group would ever wolf whistle or grab a woman's behind...so it does feel a bit unfair when we have this aggressive debate that in all honesty does feel like we're all being tarred with the same brush.

It seems to be the way of the World now. See also the debates and campaigns about race. It's so aggressive and white people are spoken to incredibly patronisingly - a bit like this debate against men. All of this just seems to fuel the fire rather than educate people...it feels counterproductive to me.

I can't stand the way people debate now..."this is my opinion and f*ck you if you don't agree". In education you need an opinion/fact plus an empathy for the other person's intellect and opinion...this will create impact.

I agree that debate should be open and free. Let me know when we’re allowed to watch games again and if any of you are travelling up to the NW Eng, be happy to have a proper chat in person with a pint before watching us cheat our way to another 3 points. (Hopefully over Liverpool or Man U next season )
6pm curfew for all men on 11:00 - Mar 12 with 872 viewsonehunglow

We are living in times when we are looking to feel guilt.

Men ARE demonised .

Women ,in some jobs,now have an advantage. I would suggest Police Service a classic case. Putting aside the gloriously sinister inept Ms Dick,many forces are now appointing female ranks.Great if it's on merit but questions are asked of women and other groups do not get the job they want. Fact.

Women and men ARE different.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

6pm curfew for all men on 11:00 - Mar 12 with 876 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 09:58 - Mar 12 by Gwyn737

You've not inferred anything?

You've taken me saying the Baroness has made unrealistic comment that should be treated with the pinch of salt it deserves to suggesting I'm "...comfortable with telling victims of racism and sexism to “get over it”.

How do you get there without some extreme extrapolation with the myriad of assumptions you've made?

Perhaps I should just respond to you with a blank box and you can fill it in with the things I think, the things I haven't said and threads I haven't started.

That isn't an inference, it's a fact.

You said you would tell them that they are too insecure and you are comfortable in that opinion. It is exactly what you said.

Which part have I got wrong?

Just to remind you, and I quote:-

''I’ll say it again - if it was racially based I’d say the same thing (that the victims of the discriminatory comments are too insecure)''

''This is one of the rare times I'm completely comfortable with that opinion''.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 11:04]

6pm curfew for all men on 11:01 - Mar 12 with 874 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 09:06 - Mar 12 by MrSwerve

Fantastic post.

6pm curfew for all men on 12:22 - Mar 12 with 838 viewsGwyn737

6pm curfew for all men on 11:00 - Mar 12 by Dr_Parnassus

That isn't an inference, it's a fact.

You said you would tell them that they are too insecure and you are comfortable in that opinion. It is exactly what you said.

Which part have I got wrong?

Just to remind you, and I quote:-

''I’ll say it again - if it was racially based I’d say the same thing (that the victims of the discriminatory comments are too insecure)''

''This is one of the rare times I'm completely comfortable with that opinion''.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 11:04]

What you have wrong is that I give an opinion and you either tell me it's not what I think or yo link it to an ubrelated subject.

I didn't mention race at all - you did.

I enjoy our back and forths but I'd appreciate it if you'd stop telling me what I think or what I'd do in any given situation.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024